Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,557 members, 7,847,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:15 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156710 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 11:37am On Oct 29, 2015
NRIPRIEST:

I don't wanna accept the Mikel Obi comparison. Mikel is sluggish and territorial while Nwakali is quick,skillful and adventurous.

Osimhen won't be player of the tournament if Nwakali keep improving. That kid is a classy player.
Nwakali is good no doubt. His passes are amazing and he is doing well in the midfield. Assits keep getting higher but can he win the player of the tournament ahead of Osimhen? NO

Osimhen is a beast in front of goal, 7 goals in 4 games with 1 assist. The guy has been amazing as our top man. He has great eye for goal. He makes goal scoring look EXTREMELY easy. Another thing that may work against Nwakali is his shots. He hardly hit the target from his shots.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
Badosqi:
Nwakali is good no doubt. His passes are amazing and he is doing well in the midfield. Assits keep getting higher but can he win the player of the tournament ahead of Osimhen? NO

Osimhen is a beast in front of goal, 7 goals in 4 games with 1 assist. The guy has been amazing as our top man. He has great eye for goal. He makes goal scoring look EXTREMELY easy. Another thing that may work against Nwakali is his shots. He hardly hit the target from his shots.

Of course we can't deny such a prolific striker the golden ball but we have to give credit to Captain Nigeria he starts almost every move and he does very well in protecting his defenders. I believe he can score those shots he takes and that is why the coach never complains. To me Nwakali and Osimhen are the 2 most ready players in this tournament both physically and skills wise, neither would look out of place in a senior side.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
You're Right Sir..... Those two are "just the super key linchpins" of the team. Though, other linchpins abound but Osimhen and Nwakali are "Super Key"....

And you're right again....... Nwakali can hit those shots..... At NIGER 2015, he hit "a beauty" of a freekick from beyond 25 yards in the opening game against Niger Republic u-17 in which we won 2-0.

The lad's got it in him but needs to practice those shots much more in training....... Hopefully he becomes a "Juninho Pernambucano" of "dead balls" and "long rangers" in addition to his growing midfield-marshalling talents..........*smiles*

BascoVanVeli:

Of course we can't deny such a prolific striker the golden ball but we have to give credit to Captain Nigeria he starts almost every move and he does very well in protecting his defenders. I believe he can score those shots he takes and that is why the coach never complains. To me Nwakali and Osimhen are the 2 most ready players in this tournament both physically and skills wise, neither would look out of place in a senior side.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

good players no doubt.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
joseph1013:
This Osimhen lad is something else. He has scored 7 goals from 7 shots. 100% conversion rate. In all my years of watching football, I have never experienced that before. Haba!

Interestingly, 9 goals is the U17 record. I think he can beat it. I wish they allow him take the penalties.
You mean since the tournament began, Osimhen has produced only 7 Shots and scored from all of them? I thought he has registered more than 7 shots.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Amuneke Declares Fight Against Brazil, Australia Coach Bows
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/amuneke-golden-eaglets-will-respect-australia/[/img]
The Golden Eaglets are of Nigeria will be ready to take on the Brazilian side when both sides square up in their quarter finals clash at the ongoing FIFA U17 World Cup in Chile, according coach Emmanuel Amunke.

The former Nigerian international in charge of the Eaglets said at the post match conference after his team defeated Australia 6-0 to set up a last 8 meeting with the South Americans:"It was a very interesting match.

We knew that Australia was a good team because they qualified from a very difficult group, but my players were able to recuperate themselves from the loss against Croatia and regained their level," fifa.com quoted Amuneke as saying.

"Victor (Osimhen) had a great game, although the philosophy of this team is to play collectively. We are candidates to win the title, but so are Brazil. We will work to put up a good fight," Amuneke stated.​

The Australian coach Tony Vidmar admitted the Eaglets were too good to be handled on the day.
"We played a big part in this result. In the previous matches we managed to put a high pressure on our rivals, that was key today.

"We had the possession, but did not do anything with it. Our lines began to separate between each other and with spaces, they are lethal.

"I hope these kids can take the good things out of these three weeks and improve from there. I know that myself, as a coach, took positive things in spite of today's game," Vidmar said.

Brazil had earlier defeated New Zealand 1-0.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/amuneke-declares-fight-against-brazil-australia-coach-bows/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria U17
Amuneke praises hat-trick star Osimhen, set for Brazil
[/size]

Eaglets celebrate again as they face Brazil in Sunday's World Cup quarterfinal

Nigeria coach Emmanuel Amuneke has praised striker Victor Osimhen after his hat-trick helped the Golden Eaglets dump out Australia 6-0 to set up a World Cup quarterfinal against “favourites” Brazil on Sunday.

The Eaglets turned on the style by trouncing Australia early Thursday morning with Osimhen spearheading the goals charge to be the leading goals scorer with seven goals.

“It was a very interesting match. We knew that Australia were a good team because they qualified from a very difficult group, but my players were able to recuperate themselves from the loss against Croatia and regained their level,” Amuneke said. “Victor (Osimhen) had a great game, although the philosophy of this team is to play collectively.

“We are candidates to win the title, but so are Brazil. We will work to put up a good fight."
Amuneke added: “We will continue to believe in ourselves.

Nigerians should continue to believe in this team. We have to work collectively to reach our objectives.

“We will prepare very well so as to give a good account of ourselves against Brazil.

“Brazil are a very good side, we played against them in Korea (in Suwon tournament) but this is the World Cup. Brazil will be the favourites to win this tournament but we will have a plan to beat them.”
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/580352/Amuneke-praises-hat-trick-star-Osimhen-set-for-Brazil

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Eaglets 6 – 0 victory, biggest win in FIFA U-17 World Cup stages
[/size] The Nigeria’s 6-0 victory over Australia is the joint-biggest win in the history of the FIFA U-17 World Cup knockout stages, level with Japan’s 6-0 win against their antipodean neighbours New Zealand in 2011, which also come in the Round of 16.
[img]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/eaglets-6-0-victory-biggest-win-in-fifa-u-17-world-cup-stages/image-130/[/img]
Wednesday, 28 October 2015
VINA DEL MAR, CHILE – OCTOBER 28: Victor Osimhen #9 of Nigeria celebrate with his team mates after he scores the opening goal during the FIFA U-17 Men’s World Cup 2015 round of 16 match between Nigeria and Australia at Estadio Sausalito on October 28, 2015 in Vina del Mar, Chile.

FIFA THE DAY REPLAYED – Former champions Brazil, Mexico and Nigeria rolled back the years by emerging victorious in their respective FIFA U-17 World Cup Round of 16 matches. They were joined by Belgium, who won in their first knockout game at this level, in completing the first half of Chile 2015’s quarter-final line-up on a day of penalty drama, birthday celebrations and emotional farewells for the hosts.

Mexico came from behind to dump Chile out of the competition, cantering to a 4-1 victory courtesy of goals from Claudio Zamudio, Pablo Lopez, Eduardo Aguirre and Diego Cortes after Brian Leiva had put La Roja ahead.

James McGarry had an afternoon to forget for New Zealand, first blasting a penalty over the bar before fouling Luis Henrique to concede a late spot kick – converted by the Brazilian No9 to send A Seleção into the quarter-finals.

Nigeria saw off Australia in a dominant performance, with Victor Osimhen scoring the first hat-trick of Chile 2015 to see him stand alone as the outright top goalscorer in the competition so far with seven goals.

Korea Republic wonderkid Lee Seungwoo missed a penalty after birthday boy Jorn Vancamp had become the first player to breach the Asian side’s defence in Chile, with Matthias Verreth’s late stunner rubberstamping the ten men of les Diables Rouges’ progress into the last eight.

Results
Round of 16
Mexico 4-1 Chile
Brazil 1-0 New Zealand
Nigeria 6-0 Australia
Korea Republic 0-2 Belgium
Goal of the day
Korea Republic 0-2 Belgium, Matthias Verreth (67)
A long clearance from the Belgian defence was chased down by the long-legged Verreth. The PSV Eindhoven forward reached it ahead of the Korea Republic defence, cut inside onto his left foot and hit a thunderous drive past the despairing dive of Ahn Joonsoo, who was left with no chance. Quite a way to score your first goal at the global finals.

Memorable moments
Chilean fans say goodbye
After Chillan had rolled out a perfect green carpet for La Roja, with preparations on the pristine pitch taking place right up until kick off, the hosts could not give their supporters the win they so craved. That did not stop plenty of Chilean fans staying behind to applaud their defeated youngsters, shouting the traditional call and response ‘CHI CHI CHI, LE LE LE’. As the players departed the stadium, they had a large number of fans waiting for them. They were serenaded, applauded and were the subject of innumerable selfies. Memories that will last a lifetime for fans and players alike.

Belgian birthday boy’s brilliance
Jorn Vancamp woke up this morning hoping to celebrate his birthday in the best possible way, by reaching the last eight of a global finals. The new 17-year-old went one better, becoming the first player to breach the Korea Republic defence in scoring Belgium’s opener on the way to their 2-0 victory over the Asian side.

Kiwis console McGarry
New Zealand’s James McGarry had an afternoon that he is not likely to forget, however hard he tries. The Kiwi No11 blazed a penalty over the bar, before fouling Brazil’s Luis Henrique for the penalty that the No9 converted for Brazil’s 96th-minute winner.

However, he had the support of his coach and team-mates in the aftermath.
“I talked to him and told him it take guts to take a penalty kick at this level,” coach Danny Hay said after the game. “He just happened to miss. He has nothing to be ashamed of.” Those sentiments were echoed by goalkeeper Michael Woud. “We are here to pick him up because that is what he would have done for any of us,” Woud said. With friends and mentors around him with that level of support, McGarry is sure to bounce back.

The stat
6 – Nigeria’s 6-0 victory over Australia is the joint-biggest win in the history of the FIFA U-17 World Cup knockout stages, level with Japan’s 6-0 win against their antipodean neighbours New Zealand in 2011, which also come in the Round of 16.

The words
“Don’t give up on your dreams. It might be so difficult to attain them, but there’s a lesson to be learned! Keep going, guys!” Claudio Bravo, Chile’s senior team goalkeeper after the U-17 side’s exit from their own U-17 World Cup.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
terzurum5:

You mean since the tournament began, Osimhen has produced only 7 Shots and scored from all of them? I thought he has registered more than 7 shots.
I think joe is probably talking about his shots on target. He has played more than 7 shots in this tournament.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
Badosqi:
I think joe is probably talking about his shots on target. He has played more than 7 shots in this tournament.
kk
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
You're Right Sir..... Those two are "just the super key linchpins" of the team. Though, other linchpins abound but Osimhen and Nwakali are "Super Key"....

And you're right again....... Nwakali can hit those shots..... At NIGER 2015, he hit "a beauty" of a freekick from beyond 25 yards in the opening game against Niger Republic u-17 in which we won 2-0.

The lad's got it in him but needs to practice those shots much more in training....... Hopefully he becomes a "Juninho Pernambucano" of "dead balls" and "long rangers" in addition to his growing midfield-marshalling talents..........*smiles*

Looks like no one seems to be talking about our safe hands in this tournament. The keeper if full of confidence. He organizes his diffence well and he is smart too.
If you take alook critically. You will notice that from all the goals he has conceded so far, non was his fault. That Keeper is an asset to that team.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
Forgive me Sir for such oversight..... Akpan David Udoh is indeed "an asset" to the team.... Nice defensive organisational abilities he's got.

Abeg o.... E ma bi nu o..... *smiles*

Just that my focus was on the "outfield" players

terzurum5:

Looks like no one seems to be talking about our safe hands in this tournament. The keeper if full of confidence. He organizes his diffence well and he is smart too.
If you take alook critically. You will notice that from all the goals he has conceded so far, non was his fault. That Keeper is an asset to that team.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Honesty if this team could play the 2013 team(as of then not now) the game would be much more closer than i would have predicted before this tournament. Amunike must be praised for the way he is handling these boys.

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
Badosqi:

No need for all these. They are a team and Osimhen's success is a proof that this is a good team. Who ever wins the Golden ball does not matter.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
To me Udoh is the perfect goalkeaper for this team, he make saves when called on and he organizes his defence with maturity way beyond his years.
The only problem that might arise in the future is his size.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015
Brazil New Zealand
Full-time
1-0
L. HENRIQUE90'+6 PEN

Quotes: Brazil - New Zealand
[/size]

"It was a very dramatic finish. The game turned out as we expected, with them defending close to their area and waiting for our mistake. During the first half we had the ball, but could not filter it through the sides or the middle.

Even so, we had our chances, but blew them. In the second half both teams had more spaces, but we were luckier. I am not satisfied with the way we played, but I am with the fact the players believed in themselves.”
Carlos Nascimento, Brazil coach

"I am very disappointed and sad for my players. They worked really hard, executed our plan perfectly and they rose to the challenge.
Today they were just unlucky.

Maybe at the end they were mentally distracted thinking we were going to penalties, but I don't have anything to complain about. For them this has been an amazing experience, one from which they will learn a lot. They have nothing to be ashamed off."
Danny Hay, New Zealand coach
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271781/match=300298408/quotes.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Mexico Chile
Full-time
4-1

Quotes: Mexico-Chile
[/size]

“It was a tough match, as we expected, because at these stages there are no easy rivals. We conceded a goal but the team kept calm. Chile made things hard for us and we didn’t expect to concede a goal from a set piece.

But the team had a good reaction and in the second half we were better. We found spaces and the other goals came. At the end, one team had to say goodbye and Mexico goes through,"Mario Arteaga, Mexico coach.​

“It’s sad, because we did what we had to do during almost the whole of the first half against a really good team. We did a good job and as a result, we scored.

That’s the way it should have finished in the first half. Then, Mexico would have taken more risks in the second. But with that quick equaliser, we began the second half in a different mood.

And Mexico played really well and we couldn’t stop them. They scored the second goal very fast. And with 3-1 we had some big chances, but couldn’t convert,"Miguel Ponce, Chile coach.​
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271781/match=300298395/quotes.html
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Korea Republic Belgium
Full-time
0-2
VANCAMP11'
VERRETH67'

Quotes: Korea Republic-Belgium
[/size]

"We had a lot of injuries in defence, so it was difficult for us to set up our game. Our No. 20 Sehun Oh, who played the first game in attack, returned to play in defence today. I am not satisfied with my players tonight, in attack or defence. We have not been as strong as during our first three matches and we made ​​mistakes that made a big difference,"Choi Jincheul, Korea Republic coach.

"We played against Korea Republic, a great team, who had conceded no goals and defended very well so far. But we quickly opened the score, which gave us more confidence and forced our opponents to change their style.

My team is also able to stay well organised. This is what we have done well today. My goalkeeper made a superb save on the penalty, and that's something he did during the European qualifiers,"Bob Browaeys Belgium coach.
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271781/match=300298382/quotes.html
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Australia
Full-time
6-0

Quotes: Australia-Nigeria
[/size]

"We played a big part in this result. In the previous matches we managed to put a high pressure on our rivals, that was key today.

We had the possession, but did not do anything with it. Our lines began to separate between each other and with spaces, they are lethal. I hope these kids can take the good things out of these three weeks and improve from there. I know that myself, as a coach, took positive things in spite of today's game,"Tony Vidmar, Australia coach.

"It was a very interesting match. We knew that Australia was a good team because they qualified from a very difficult group, but my players were able to recuperate themselves from the loss against Croatia and regained their level.

Victor (Osimhen) had a great game, although the philosophy of this team is to play collectively.

We are candidates to win the title, but so are Brazil. We will work to put up a good fight,"Emmanuel Amuneke, Nigeria coach.​
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271781/match=300298407/quotes.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Tears Flow as Hosts Bid Farewell
[/size]

The last few days have been high on emotion forLa Rojitaand not without their ups and downs, from the nerves of their debut against Croatia and the dogged determination to take something from a heavy defeat to the mighty Nigeria, to the joy of beating USA for a place in the last 16 and the dejection of exiting the tournament on Wednesday.

“They’re all crying in the dressing room,” revealed coach Miguel Ponce following the 4-1 loss to Mexico that ended the hosts’ participation at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015.

When English referee Michael Oliver signalled the ended of the match, the Chile players slumped to the ground at the Estadio Nelson Oyarzun Arenas in Chillan.

They stayed there motionless for several minutes. And though their team-mates and the coaching staff rose from the bench to offer solace and hugs, nothing could alleviate the pain of defeat for the disconsolate players in red.

Having rescued their tournament in their final group game, hopes were high among the Chileans that they could make further progress. “When you get this far and things start working out, as they did for us, you start to dream of going even further,” added Ponce, reflecting on what might have been.

Those hopes seemed to be justified when Ponce’s side took the lead against the Mexicans, the first time in the competition they have struck first. Within two minutes, however, ElTri, one of the favourites for the trophy, were level, with three second-half strikes putting paid to Rojita dreams of glory.

The fire still burns
A dejected but proud Ponce found consolation in the ability of his players to stand up to the challenges they have faced throughout the tournament: “This team has come on so much in the last few months. They’ve faced some quality sides and still dared to play their football. And there’s not been one team, whether we’ve beaten them or they’ve beaten us, who’ve truly had the upper hand over us.”

If there is one thing La Rojita have shown in this World Cup, it is fight and determination, qualities that Ponce and his backroom staff worked hard to nurture in their preparations for the tournament.

“We were very demanding with the boys in the lead-up to the competition,” he explained. “Our main objective was to ensure they didn’t end up having a hard time of it.”

Despite his best-laid plans, Ponce was powerless to prevent the tears from flowing as his players bade farewell to the competition.

Looking on the bright side, he ended with a message of hope for them: “I want to say goodbye to them in the dressing room, the place where we have been through so many emotions, and I want to thank them for believing in what we were doing and for being prepared to run themselves into the ground if it came to that."

Laying down a challenge to his fearless charges, he signed off by saying: “You can’t buy that kind of desire, and I’m convinced that if they continue to show that kind of determination, the majority of them will go on and fulfil their dreams of playing the game professionally.”
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/y=2015/m=10/news=tears-flow-as-defiant-hosts-depart-2723054.html
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
Which position is Nwakali playing,is it 10 or 4? I know he is our play maker but from what position?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
Which position is Nwakali playing,is it 10 or 4? I know he is our play maker but from what position?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
Congratulation to the lads!
Though i missed the match but from various comments read so far it shows that d team has improved n ve gotten over their defeat to d croats... Kudos to everyone here. Abeg wen s our next match?

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
Napoleon55:

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
AIG07:
Though i missed the match but from various comments read so far it shows that d team has improved n ve gotten over their defeat to d croats... Kudos to everyone here. Abeg wen s our next match?

The team blows hot and cold to be honest. Even with the 6-0, you still see many lapses... There are just a few exceptional players but they take their chances mainly because of the top man.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
Napoleon55:
by 'position' do you mean his jersey number? Cuz he plays No. 10
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
Kelechi Nwakali is "actually" a 10 (an AMF). But for the sake of the team and the way the team is set up in this tournament, Nwakali dictates the team's rhythm as a 4 ( a deep-lying playmaker and anchor midfielder) but the "main" defensive midfield duties falls on David Enogela..... With some help from Nwakali.

But Nwakali is more of a deep-lying playmaker for the team..... Sits in the no 4 role and dictates the team's play. As games go on, and strategies are "switched" during play, he may move into the "10" role occasionally and cause damage as u saw against Australia.......

Nwakali is still young thus he can "adapt" and switch between both roles..... As he matures, his main and "minor" midfield roles will be more defined..... But really he's a 10 who operates for the team as a "deep-lying midfield playmaker" in the "4" role.

He also reminds me of a "dele alli" of tottenham who is a central midfield player that can play the 10 or 4 roles.

So, that's it Sir...... My humble analysis...

**smiles**

Napoleon55:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
by 'position' do you mean his jersey number? Cuz he plays No. 10

He does not play 10... He plays the role of a pirlo or Xavi.. deep lying playmaker
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by linked: 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
tbaba1234:

He does not play 10... He plays the role of a pirlo or Xavi.. deep lying playmaker
or a Chelsea's Fabragas
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hello there Sir AIG07.......... *smiles*

Anyway, our next game is on sunday (November 1st)........ By 16.00 local time (Nigerian time is 8pm).

AIG07:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Kelechi Nwakali is "actually" a 10 (an AMF). But for the sake of the team and the way the team is set up in this tournament, Nwakali dictates the team's rhythm as a 4 ( a deep-lying playmaker and anchor midfielder) but the "main" defensive midfield duties falls on David Enogela..... With some help from Nwakali.

But Nwakali is more of a deep-lying playmaker for the team..... Sits in the no 4 role and dictates the team's play. As games go on, and strategies are "switched" during play, he may move into the "10" role occasionally and cause damage as u saw against Australia.......

Nwakali is still young thus he can "adapt" and switch between both roles..... As he matures, his main and "minor" midfield roles will be more defined..... But really he's a 10 who operates for the team as a "deep-lying midfield playmaker" in the "4" role.

He also reminds me of a "dele alli" of tottenham who is a central midfield player that can play the 10 or 4 roles.

So, that's it Sir...... My humble analysis...

**smiles**

Well he should thank the team this position seems perfect for him with his size speed and skill set.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2015
tbaba1234:

he's listed as number 10 on the FIFA website, haven't watched their games so I dunno what happens on the pitch

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.