Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,207 members, 7,846,008 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156666 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
Seconded.......... *smiles*

safarigirl:
As una don sabi my name, make everybody talk their first name here, starting with the whistle-blower himself, gbosaa.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
joseph1013:

It just occurred to me that I've seen it before, in Half of A Yellow Sun by Adichie. [b]How is it pronounced?[/b]

Not exactly but close to the intonation u use in pronouncing "All-rounder". Abi Olanna, sorry, Safarigirl.?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2015
safarigirl:
As una don sabi my name, make everybody talk their first name here, starting with the whistle-blower himself, gbosaa.

Sister I beg you. My bravery no reach that side. I have just one friend here on Nairaland who knows my full name but I'm sure he won't snitch on me.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
Enough of safari dusts here. Let's talk football now.

Any advice for Amuneke on how the Eaglets could strangle those bouncing kangaroos?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:21pm On Oct 27, 2015
Cowarrddd!!!!!!!! **smiles** didn't mean it ooo

But,

Mba ooooo!!!!!

No way!!!!!!!

Haba!! Just your first name na...... To..... you know..... Balance the equation.....

Cc: Gbosaa.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Cowarrddd!!!!!!!! **smiles** didn't mean it ooo

But,

Mba ooooo!!!!!

No way!!!!!!!

Haba!! Just your first name na...... To..... you know..... Balance the equation.....

Cc: Gbosaa.

grin...call me whatever... I won't be tempted...btw what's your name? Don't use the...mba ooo...to confuse us.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
gbosaa:

Sister I beg you. My bravery no reach that side. I have just one friend here on Nairaland who knows my full name but I'm sure he won't snitch on me.
nobody wants your full name. Just your first name, Eg Damien, Sule, Jesus, Emeka, Itoro, Hamza....
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2015
Icon4s:

Not exactly but close to the intonation u use in pronouncing "All-rounder". Abi Olanna, sorry, Safarigirl.?
Awe-la-nna (emphasis on the 'nn')

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
safarigirl:
Awe-la-nna (emphasis on the 'nn')

How will a Yoruba or Hausa man pronounce "nna"? undecided
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
Icon4s:

In Na. But the i in the in is a bit Silent. I'm I correct? MISS Safarigirl.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

In Na. But the i in the in is a bit Silent. I'm I correct? MISS Safarigirl.
close enough smiley

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
It seems there is a public holiday today? Anyway u guys are gr8.
Back to the ghost mode-enjoying d "Diction/Phonetic class".
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
Icon4s:

Like Obinna, "Obi" "Nna". Meaning Father's Heart. Nna=Father, Obi=Heart.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
safarigirl:
nobody wants your full name. Just your first name, Eg Damien, Sule, Jesus, Emeka, Itoro, Hamza....

Kosi...short for Kosisochukwu...That's my first name...( on my birth certificate) but no one calls me by my first name.

Sorry if I've contributed in derailing this thread and sorry if I've acted silly. I should have stuck to safari girl but your name reminds me of safari reporters sowore and crew who raise lots of dusts and harass people. Every time you argue, I remember sowore and that little girl that wanted to embarrass Mugabe.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
gbosaa:

Kosi...short for Kosisochukwu...That's my first name...( on my birth certificate) but no one calls me by my first name.

Sorry if I've contributed in derailing this thread and sorry if I've acted silly. I should have stuck to safari girl but your name reminds me of safari reporters sowore and crew who raise lots of dusts and harass people. Every time you argue, I remember sowore and that little girl that wanted to embarrass Mugabe.

Kosi. I know someone named Kosi from school. Funny character and a great friend. Are you Koskos?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
safarigirl:
Kosi. I know someone named Kosi from school. Funny character and a great friend. Are you Koskos?

No I'm not Koskos. He/she might not even be on Nairaland. Even my mum do not call me Kosi or kosiso which is my first name.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
**smiles**

Finally....... Hi five Sir Kosi...... *smiles*

Funny, but I also have a friend who goes by ur first name.

*smiles* Coool.....

gbosaa:

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
**smiles**

Finally....... Hi five Sir Kosi...... *smiles*

Funny, but I also have a friend who goes by ur first name.

*smiles* Coool.....

I hope you are referring to the one with two crash balloons on her chest. Stay away from such people sir. They are deadlier than cancers.
Now what is your name? Joseph2345, AIG07? You guys as well.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
gbosaa:

I hope you are referring to the one with two crash balloons on her chest. Stay away from such people sir. They are deadlier than cancers.

Joe
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
The Kosi I know is a 'he' not a 'she'

*smiles*

Anyway, I'm the Guy who killed Goliath.... And I'm still doing so..... *winks*

Coincidentally, Sir Icon4s's favorite bible story happen to be "David" and Goliath....... He said so somewhere on NL.

**smiles**

gbosaa:

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 9:16am On Oct 28, 2015
joseph1013:

Joe
Ade. The one u folks read about in ur elementary school days. 'Ade goes to school'
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:49am On Oct 28, 2015
AIG07:
Ade. The one u folks read about in ur elementary school days. 'Ade goes to school'

NSIKAN Pronounced In-See-Can.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:46am On Oct 28, 2015
AIG07:
it's Eze goes to school I reqd o grin

@thegoodjoe.....what's the meaning of Nsikan? My sis ter has 2 Efik names, but I never got one. Trying to learn the language, popsy no gree teach me

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Afo aba di ye? grin
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
Icon4s:

Afo aba di ye? grin

Idi Yo Ko.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
safarigirl:
it's Eze goes to school I reqd o grin

@thegoodjoe.....what's the meaning of Nsikan? My sis ter has 2 Efik names, but I never got one. Trying to learn the language, popsy no gree teach me

Nsikan Abasi means Who Pass God or Who Is Greater Than God.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I have this awesome guy who worked with us when I was in Uyo. Not easy to forget him. The name is unisex. Uyo is my favourite place in the country.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Nsikan Abasi means Who Pass God or Who Is Greater Than God.
cool

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Idi Yo Ko.

Nwani nfo? Ndito ba diye? Utom ba diye
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2015
OSIMEHN LIVING UP TO HIS BILLING

safarigirl:
Nigeria's Victor Osimhen arrived at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015 as a
serious candidate for the adidas Golden Boot. Who, after all, could argue with his
record of 39 goals in 71 appearances for the national team before the tournament
started?
Those figures clearly spoke for themselves, and Osimhen has not disappointed
since touching down on South American soil. At the end of the group stage, the
16-year-old forward sat joint top of the scoring table with Germany's Johannes
Eggestein, both players having found the net four times. He has scored in all
three games he has contested, with his standout performance against the hosts
yielding two goals and an assist.
Beyond the figures, and his obvious composure in front of goal, Osimhen has also
impressed with his ability to get his team-mates involved in play. "If people are
really talking about me, that makes me proud," he told FIFA.com . "I always knew
it would be hugely satisfying to get the chance to show what I can do in a
tournament like this."
The Golden Eaglets' vice-captain is no stranger to taking the scoring prize in a
major finals either. Back in March, he outstripped his rivals at the CAF African
U-17 Championship. "That's true, but scoring goals in a World Cup is different," he
explained. "Everything I've been through here has been an incredible experience."
Osimhen certainly does not seem to be withering under the weight of expectation,
despite much being made of his talents before and since the big kick-off in Chile.
"I feel no pressure at all," he said. "We've had the same staff in place for a while
now and they've taught me to manage it, and also how to manage the support
from the fans and any intimidation from opposition players. I'm ready for all of
that."
Many of the finest forwards have been similarly adept at coping with pressure,
and Osimhen's own idol comes as little surprise. "Didier Drogba is my role model,"
he said. "He represents the kind of player and person I'd like to be. I hope to
develop the same ability to use the ball and score important goals. He's an icon, a
legend. I'd love to be able to play like him – or even better."
Title ambitions
The youngster's confidence is eye-catching, but it also owes much to a broader
sense of belief within the Nigeria squad. The 2013 winners travelled to Chile as
potential champions once again, and they have lived up to that billing so far. "Our
first objective was to play well, and we've done that. Our second is to lift the
trophy. As holders, there's no point aiming any lower."
Question marks were nonetheless raised when Nigeria ended their Group A duties
with a loss to Croatia, but Osimhen and his team-mates remain as ambitious as
ever. "We weren't as focused as we'd been in our first two games and we paid
the price," he explained, visibly unshaken by the loss. "We eased up a little
because we'd already qualified, but that's no excuse. The team is doing well."
'Team' is a word that Osimhen comes back to time and time again, and he admits
it is an important one in his outlook – and that of his colleagues. "Our previous
U-17 squads, like the 2013 side, perhaps depended on individuals too much, but
that's not the case with us
. We don't depend on any one player: we play as a
team, we win as a team and we lose as a team."
That team now face Australia in the Round of 16, and Osimhen already has a
good idea of what to expect from the tie. "I'm hoping it'll be an open game, with
our opponents launching attacks that will leave spaces for us." Either way, there
is little doubt that he will be prepared. While most players spend their free time
relaxing or enjoying themselves, Osimhen is set to be otherwise occupied in the
lead-up to the game. "I stay in my room and think about what we have to do to
win." The Joeys might want consider doing likewise.

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/y=2015/m=10/news=osimhen-living-up-to-his-promise-2722549.html

This bros must be talking about another 2013 set. Either that or he sucks at English

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
Icon4s:

Nwani nfo? Ndito ba diye? Utom ba diye

@Icon4s My Ibibio is not that strong because of I was born in Port-Harcourt to an Akwa-Ibom Father and an Igbo mother.

By the way, are you in PH because you said you mst Eguavoen.

@Safarigirl me and you might be on the same level in the Emiesere business. Do you have ties with Akwa-Ibom because you said your father refused to teach you.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

@Icon4s My Ibibio is not that strong because of I was born in Port-Harcourt to an Akwa-Ibom Father and an Igbo mother.

By the way, are you in PH because you said you mst Eguavoen.

@Safarigirl me and you might be on the same level in the Miesere business. Do you have ties with Akwa-Ibom because you said your father refused to teach you.
my great grandma is from akwa-ibom and my village shares a border with them. My dad speaks the language quite well cuz he grew up with her , I have some distant cousins from there too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.