Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156323 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Sir........ So u don't have a problem with "tattoos and some hairstyles" huh??
Then, why drag the matter all this "distance"?

I'll never wear a tattoo coz that's my choice but it doesn't make youngsters like me that do, "unserious and visionless"...... Yeah, some are actually BUT certainly not "all" *smiles*

Also, does Iheanacho's and Success' current hairstyles (though not overly outrageous) mean they don't have the Right attitude?? These two players are as "super focused" as ever....... #Fact

Besides, I see nothing wrong with their styles. It's a matter of choice. Though Moderation should be applied. This isn't a matter of right or wrong.

Sir, THE CONCEPT OF DISCIPLINE IS A MATTER OF THE HEART/MIND AND NOT "HAIRSTYLES"

Sir, I love to keep a low haircut.... But I also love to add a "line similar to nike's" projecting from my fore hairline (on either right or left) to about a couple of centimeters from its point of origin.... Had been a habit my perfectionist Christian dad and super christian mom "surprisingly" permitted...... They saw it as "decently stylish"....... *smiles*

I'm still as "Super Ambitious" and "Super focused" as ever in my studies. In fact, I'm already an achiever in science and medical research as I'm currently learning from and in league with some of the best in the world....... But of course, I'm not resting on these coz I'm still moving forward.

So Sir, just an advice..... Pls do learn to keep certain opinions to yourself....... Even when you're Right.... It'll do you a world of Good. Never u dwell on "certain" issues in the midst of variety especially when there's no crime in such variety.........

I know you mean well but please, bringing up such in the manner u did won't go down well with all.

Ciao Sir..... I just had to comment on this.........**smiles**

***oh, lest I forget..... Nigeria's game is Thursday's Midnight.... Going into friday morning.... Tu comprends? *smiles*

Have a blessed day.....

Your opinions are still highly respected by me,the r always almost flawless but this one u missed a bit ,just a little.
Why? Not smiling.
How could u possibly go against where Safarigirl stands,never, I know u likes her very much, she is ur honey,now smiles,not even to cautions her when she is calling someone she doesn't even knew his pedigree STEWpidity. Ha,

I've already dropped the topic.
Nigeria will win by 2 goals
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
Footballers n their flamboyants lifestyles(partying, clubing, hairstyle et al)
it is always advisable for young prospective future football stars to keep their heads low. Cos coaches which these players work with during career differs in their morality standards this reminds me of a certain argentine called Fernando Rodondo who had a fall out wit his coach Daniel Pasarela(hope I got d spelling right) due to flamboyant lifestyle which d coach do not like n this affected d guy, dteam n d entire nation at d 98 world cup(sir. Icon4 n other babas knows d story better) even in recent history d likes of Dinho, ibra even young wilshere have trodded/treading this unsavoury path n you all know how things went/going for this dudes.
I think whatever a man does he should do 'moderately'!
Thanks all
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
tbaba1234:

Ronaldo is a role model in many ways. He is usually one of the earliest to training, he trains for minutes after training. He is disciplined.

He is charitable as well. Overall good guy.

Kim Kardashian is also a role model depending on who you ask and what you're looking for.

I doubt you can disqualify any popular person from the title 'role model'.

Bascovanveli may not view CR7 a role model and rightly so, but he speaks based on lifestyle. There are many men who are dedicated to their jobs and are very charitable, but are incurable womanizers. They are role models, but it is vital to sieve through the sides you'd wish your young ones to emulate.

Anyway, I have no role models, so what do I know?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
tbaba1234:
I understand the talk of haircuts. Discipline is important particularly for young footballers who want to play at the top. Lifestyle is important too.

A 17 year old with a flamboyant haircut gives the impression to some of a lack of discipline. It is not always true but it gives up that impression. Particularly, from the typical African cultural setting.

That is why I said it is a thing of choice. Look at Neymar when he was playing at Brazil. Falmboyant celebration = he is there, flashy cars = he is there, pursuing all the fine girls in Brazil and South America = He is there, Wild Parties = He is there, Craze Hair = He is there, Drinking = He is there.

Yet, he was among the top five footballers in the World.

It is a thing of preference. Some coaches overlook it, even at age grade levels. Others do not. I was just pointing that Napoleon55 is not wrong in having that view.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I did not watch football until I saw Maradona. I would never class Maradona as a role Model. I look at CR7 base on his approach to the game. You can not equate CR7 to Maradona.

Maradona used hard drugs, CR7 did not. CR7 throwing his toys out of his pram during games is because he is close to a perfectionist on the pitch and he is very emotional.

Some might see it as immaturity on the pitch, I see it as passion. CR7 actually cries when he loses games. His dedication is faultless. He is one of the most hard working footballers off the pitch, if not the most hard working.

Those are the attributes that makes me see him as a role model. If it for all round complete players, I look at the Neville Brothers and Paul Scholes. I also look at the Spanish/Catalan legends like Xavi and Busquets.

However these guys do not meet up to CR7 when it comes to passion and perfection off and on the pitch in respect to the game.

I don't care about his hard work or dedication that is something everyone must have to a certain degree if they want to make it in life. Fact is Ronaldo is a jerk and he is not a role model, who celebrates a penalty when the score is like 100-0? Is that the type of sportsmanship u would teach a child?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by adegwurulez(m): 3:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
I've seen all sides of this hairstyle arguement and i think everybody has a point.
whilst hairstyles doesn't necessarily serve as a yardstick to measure how far a footballer would go, the rationale behind the hairstyles might be the deciding factor.

A teenage footballer who sees his stylish hairstyle as a means of keeping himself neat and doesn't attach too much importance to it should be good to go.

On the other hand, when you 'idolize' your hair to the extent that you don't even want the ball to touch your hair, you might have a bit of an issue.

At the end of the day it boils down to the mindset of the players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I don't care about his hard work or dedication that is something everyone must have to a certain degree if they want to make it in life. Fact is Ronaldo is a jerk and he is not a role model, who celebrates a penalty when the score is like 100-0? Is that the type of sportsmanship u would teach a child?

When I am talking of CR7 as a role model, I am talking of his passion and dedication to the game. He does not do much to distract him from it.

I will take a passionate and dedicated player who lacks a lot in Sportsmanship on the pitch to a player who has all the sportsmanship on the pitch but lacks dedication and passion to succeed in the game.

I do not want a balance, I want a high tilt towards passiona and dedication. That is why I admire CR7 a lot.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
**smiles**

Sir Adeyemi2015............ Please stop that...... I beg of you Sir........ *smiles*

U said the same about me and I appreciate it BUT SERIOUSLY, IT WASN'T NECESSARY.....

Speaking with Civility should be seen as "NORMAL" NOT "ALIEN".

Your commending me and TheGoodJoe and your going ahead to intentionally "LEAVE OUT" Safarigirl from your initial "LIST" (of those who rocks this thread) also does not show "maturity" Sir........

**yeah, I know u apologized but u still left a trace of "subtle" displeasure...... U termed her "IRON LADY".......Hmmm..... *scratching beards* Sorry, I got no beards.... yet.......#smiles**

**smiles**

I'm not comfortable with how Praises are "FLYING AROUND THIS THREAD"

WHY?? COZ I FEEL IT'S A "SUBTLE" ATTACK ON OTHERS.......... **dont ask how I think so..... Hey! I know psychology**

And please Sir, "ENDORSING A COMMENT JUST BECAUSE IT'S IN LINE WITH UR VIEWS" OR CALLING ME FANTASTIC........... IS WELL...... STILL AN OPINION.......

WHY?? NOT EVERY ONE HERE WILL SAY THINGS JUST THE WAY U WANNA READ OR HEAR IT.......

IT'S TRUE U WON'T ROLL WITH EVERY ONE HERE AND WON'T AGREE WITH SOME MANNER OF APPROACHES BUT PLEASE........ FOR THE FACT THAT U MET SOME MONIKERS HERE WHO ARE BIG CONTRIBUTORS TO THE THREAD...... THEN I SUGGEST U SHOW "SUBTLE" RESPECT AS A REPLACEMENT FOR "SUBTLE" ATTACK.......

I know u don't really "gbadun" (yeah, using ur lang.) Safarigirl but pls let's be a bit more respectful and straightforward with respect to personalities here...

Hiding behind comments like, ".....he doesn't insult u when making points......." And their likes is not HELPING MATTERS HERE...........*smiles*

Pls Sir, I hope u understand........... **THANKS**

.............SAY CEEEEEEEEEEEE...........

*******SMILES*******

adeyemi2015:

He's not insulting anyone while making his points!
That's maturity!
grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

When I am talking of CR7 as a role model, I am talking of his passion and dedication to the game. He does not do much to distract him from it.

I will take a passionate and dedicated player who lacks a lot in Sportsmanship on the pitch to a player who has all the sportsmanship on the pitch but lacks dedication and passion to succeed in the game.

I do not want a balance, I want a high tilt towards passiona and dedication. That is why I admire CR7 a lot.

wow thanks alot so Suarez can go back to bitting and calling every black player a monkey, let us overlook all that because no one can ever question his passion and dedication.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
bascovanveli and the goodjoe, e Don do

Two people must not see the same person as a role model and each person has the right to reservations on certain characteristics of a perceived role model and praise others.

Neither of you are coming from the same angle. One person only cares for his professional life while the other is focused on his personality

Just agree to disagree

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

That is why I said it is a thing of choice. Look at Neymar when he was playing at Brazil. Falmboyant celebration = he is there, flashy cars = he is there, pursuing all the fine girls in Brazil and South America = He is there, Wild Parties = He is there, Craze Hair = He is there, Drinking = He is there.

Yet, he was among the top five footballers in the World.

It is a thing of preference. Some coaches overlook it, even at age grade levels. Others do not. I was just pointing that Napoleon55 is not wrong in having that view.

Overall, to have a long career at the top, discipline is key... Ronaldinho and Adriano are examples of how indisciplined lifestyles can shorten your time at the top.

But hairstyles are not necessarily a good way to assess discipline but i do understand why people think like that.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
tbaba1234:

Overall, to have a long career at the top, discipline is key... Ronaldinho and Adriano are examples of how indisciplined lifestyles can shorten your time at the top.

But hairstyles are not necessarily a good way to assess discipline but i do understand why people think like that.
I liked Ronaldinho....he seemed like a good guy undecided
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
safarigirl:
I liked Ronaldinho....he seemed like a good guy undecided

He is a good guy, I am saying his lifestyle affected his stay at the top of the game..
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hahaha....... Sir....... There are a lot of things I don't support as a Christian......

And part of that is being "overly religious" about things..........

If I bring up my displeasure with the world in the manner u did........ Mehnn!!! I'll end up not achieving my aims of "showing people" the light......

There are ways to go about things..... And there are ways to say things......but Religion has limited the views of many to see things in "black and white" views only.......*smiles*

Sir, I'm a Christian in the mold of 1 John.3v9....... Yeah.... But I will not take the "judgmental route" on others because of their "HAIRSTYLES".

Some Christians even see keeping a well groomed Afro as "flamboyant"...... This issue has many sides....... So YOU CAN'T JUST SAY IT SHOWS INDISCIPLINE.

In my post, I said.... Yes!! It shows indiscipline and no vision in "SOME" BUT NOT "IN ALL"......

I never said u were wrong or right...... But I did say..... It's better to just move over some things because of the "MULTI-FACETED" NATURE THEY COMMAND.....

DISCIPLINE AND SUCCESS WILL ALWAYS BE AN ISSUE OF THE HEART/MIND......... NEVER HAIRSTYLES......

BUT THAT IS NOT TO SAY I WANT EVERYONE TO BE CARE-FREE WITH WHATEVER HAIRSTYLE THEY WANT......... I BELIEVE IN THE APPLICATION OF MODERATION TO APPROPRIATE ISSUES OF LIFE SO AS TO KEEP ONE "GROUNDED".........

So yeah..... I do like Safarigirl.... Just the way I like: TheGoodJoe (super analyst)..... Icon4s ( Oga "Experience"...... though we have differences and yet I'm his favorite bible story *winks*)...... Joseph1013 (Boss)........ Terzurum5 (posted a write-up of mine in the u-20 thread while I was still on SL10.ng..... **he mite not recall** he's a Great OP)...... BascoVanVeli (ever so ready to dissect issues.... Great sense of humor)......... DannyCrusoe(cool smart guy)........ Adeyemi2015 (very interesting fellow but still got eyes on u so pls watch it **smiles**)....... Mikron (an ok guy)....... AIG07 (cool and calculated)......... Orkpekyandega (another excellent OP)....... Tbaba1234 (he's just too legendary...... Drops not more than 3-4 lines..... Like a wise owl...*smiles* )......... Linked (a good guy with a funny name..... "Linked".... Linked to what?? Very smart)....... POintblank (don't know where he is rite now..... But his views in the u-20 thread stays with me)........ Am I forgetting anyone alse?? Yeah, I did forget one more..... I know there are few others but the name "Blueto" comes to mind ..... Yeah I like him too (love his art of sesquipedalianism...... His words and sentences can cause "brain signals traffic
" not in mine sha..... He's smart and funny with "big words"wink

Well, so u see Sir...... I try to be "honest" and "straightforward" and always "devoid of Forming Cliches"........

So that's it....... *smiles*

........................................................................................

But really, do u think My posts are "almost flawless"?? Hmmmm...... Na wa o!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abeg..... I just try to be "Me".........**smiles**

Napoleon55:

Your opinions are still highly respected by me,the r always almost flawless but this one u missed a bit ,just a little.
Why? Not smiling.
How could u possibly go against where Safarigirl stands,never, I know u likes her very much, she is ur honey,now smiles,not even to cautions her when she is calling someone she doesn't even knew his pedigree STEWpidity. Ha,

I've already dropped the topic.
Nigeria will win by 2 goals
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
tbaba1234:

He is a good guy, I am saying his lifestyle affected his stay at the top of the game..
OK, gotcha
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
Meanwhile, I just came across something Napoleon5 posted that is wrong.

I want to call out this error because it won't be the first time my words have been misplaced with that term and I require everyone I come across to have some comprehension because if we present that word to one who is learned in English language, he will be adjudged at fault

Referring to an opinion or an ideology as 'stewpid' does not make the propagator 'stewpid', calling an idea 'rubbish' does not make the person responsible for such 'rubbish'

I have said a lot of stewpid things and many people have called my opinions stewpid and I have never viewed that as an insult to my person.

Reading and assimilating is necessary. The fact that you feel attacked shouldn't be an avenue to misconstrue the words of others.

I did not call you stewpid
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
You're right Safari BUT you see........ That "Opinion" came from "him"........ That opinion is like "a representation" of "him"......... You get it?

So, in as much as the "stewpid" was meant for the opinion and not "the source" of the opinion......... Most people would "usually" take offence.......*smiles*

That's Pure psychology and that's pure fact.......

So I know u didn't call him stewpid..... But to his understanding, u did.....

Now, I know understanding of this got 2 sides or more but My explanation above shows why he won't take it well.......*smiles*

Yes!! U referred to his idea/opinion but that "idea/opinion" came from "him" which can always prick one's ego......

And u and I know that everyone...... And I mean, Everyone got an Ego....... But and there's nothing wrong in having an ego...... But it becomes wrong when we allow our egos get the better of us......

So that's it Safarihoney...... *smiles*

P.S: Gosh!!! All because of "Hairstyles" **shaking my head** Na wa o....... *smiles*

safarigirl:
Meanwhile, I just came across something Napoleon5 posted that is wrong.

I want to call out this error because it won't be the first time my words have been misplaced with that term and I require everyone I come across to have some comprehension because if we present that word to one who is learned in English language, he will be adjudged at fault

Referring to an opinion or an ideology as 'stewpid' does not make the propagator 'stewpid', calling an idea 'rubbish' does not make the person responsible for such 'rubbish'

I have said a lot of stewpid things and many people have called my opinions stewpid and I have never viewed that as an insult to my person.

Reading and assimilating is necessary. The fact that you feel attacked shouldn't be an avenue to misconstrue the words of others.

I did not call you stewpid

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
You're right Safari BUT you see........ That "Opinion" came from "him"........ That opinion is like "a representation" of "him"......... You get it?

So, in as much as the "stewpid" was meant for the opinion and not "the source" of the opinion......... Most people would "usually" take offence.......*smiles*

That's Pure psychology and that's pure fact.......

So I know u didn't call him stewpid..... But to his understanding, u did.....

Now, I know understanding of this got 2 sides or more but My explanation above shows why he won't take it well.......*smiles*

Yes!! U referred to his idea/opinion but that "idea/opinion" came from "him" which can always prick one's ego......

And u and I know that everyone...... And I mean, Everyone got an Ego....... But and there's nothing wrong in having an ego...... But it becomes wrong when we allow our egos get the better of us......

So that's it Safarihoney...... You know what to do........*smiles*

I care not for his ego, I care more for how he'll appear if he's told such in a conversation with learned people and takes offence based on that.

There is no easier way to make a fool of yourself than allowing ego to rule one's sense of reasoning.

You should know this Supernerd.....anyway, I wanted to clear that up cuz I had a nasty spat with this chic one time based on such misunderstanding and only 2 girls were able to decipher the difference between insulting an opinion and insulting the person.

I told you about that spat, remember? You didn't have this argument then smiley
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
Yeah...... I think I remember...... *smiles* I'll try....

Anyway, like I said You're right...... You DID NOT CALL HIM "ST***D" ........... I, too, will never take offence when my "opinion" is termed "Crazy", "absurd", u name it...... Coz I know the "difference"

*smiles*

(But hey!!! Make una no try am ooo....... Hehehe.... Anyway, I'm cool sha..... *smiles*)

And yeah, I only wanted to bring out "this part/angle" of "calling one's opinion" st***d because it applies to people who can't tell the "difference" like I can or like u can or like some other person can.....

Calling an opinion absurd(or anything else) isn't calling one absurd (or anything else)........ That's very true.....

But some people don't know that, some others don't wanna know that..... *smiles* So my "explanation" of why they think u refer to them when "actually" u don't, applies to them.....

And yeah, u're rite, I didn't bring this "angle" out then.......... Probably because I wasn't in the mood to get all "psychological" and also the flow of the conversation must have made it nearly possible to remember this "angle"

So that's it Safarihoney...... *smiles* I wanna go check out Fifa.com....... See if they've updated.....

P.S: WHAT A DAY!!!!! **Nov.4th- day of the "hairstyles"**

******smiles******

safarigirl:
I care not for his ego, I care more for how he'll appear if he's told such in a conversation with learned people and takes offence based on that.

There is no easier way to make a fool of yourself than allowing ego to rule one's sense of reasoning.

You should know this Supernerd.....anyway, I wanted to clear that up cuz I had a nasty spat with this chic one time based on such misunderstanding and only 2 girls were able to decipher the difference between insulting an opinion and insulting the person.

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Yeah...... I think I remember...... *smiles* I'll try....

Anyway, like I said You're right...... You DID NOT CALL HIM "ST***D" ........... I, too, will never take offence when my "opinion" is termed "Crazy", "absurd", u name it...... Coz I know the "difference"

*smiles*

(But hey!!! Make una no try am ooo....... Hehehe.... Anyway, I'm cool sha..... *smiles*)

And yeah, I only wanted to bring out "this part/angle" of "calling one's opinion" st***d because it applies to people who can't tell the "difference" like I can or like u can or like some other person can.....

Calling an opinion absurd(or anything else) isn't calling one absurd (or anything else)........ That's very true.....

But some people don't know that, some others don't wanna know that..... *smiles* So my "explanation" of why they think u refer to them when "actually" u don't applies to them.....

And yeah, u're rite, I didn't bring this "angle" out then.......... Probably because I wasn't in the mood to get all "psychological" and also the flow of the conversation must have made it nearly possible to remember this "angle"

So that's it Safarihoney...... *smiles* I wanna go check out Fifa.com....... See if they've updated.....

P.S: WHAT A DAY!!!!! **Nov.5th- day of the "hairstyles"**

******smiles******

I've checked. The latest news is an interview with Belgium's goalie
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Hahaha....... Sir....... There are a lot of things I don't support as a Christian......

And part of that is being "overly religious" about things..........

If I bring up my displeasure with the world in the manner u did........ Mehnn!!! I'll end up not achieving my aims of "showing people" the light......

There are ways to go about things..... And there are ways to say things......but Religion has limited the views of many to see things in "black and white" views only.......*smiles*

Sir, I'm a Christian in the mold of 1 John.3v9....... Yeah.... But I will not take the "judgmental route" on others because of their "HAIRSTYLES".

Some Christians even see keeping a well groomed Afro as "flamboyant"...... This issue has many sides....... So YOU CAN'T JUST SAY IT SHOWS INDISCIPLINE.

In my post, I said.... Yes!! It shows indiscipline and no vision in "SOME" BUT NOT "IN ALL"......

I never said u were wrong or right...... But I did say..... It's better to just move over some things because of the "MULTI-FACETED" NATURE THEY COMMAND.....

DISCIPLINE AND SUCCESS WILL ALWAYS BE AN ISSUE OF THE HEART/MIND......... NEVER HAIRSTYLES......

BUT THAT IS NOT TO SAY I WANT EVERYONE TO BE CARE-FREE WITH WHATEVER HAIRSTYLE THEY WANT......... I BELIEVE IN THE APPLICATION OF MODERATION TO APPROPRIATE ISSUES OF LIFE SO AS TO KEEP ONE "GROUNDED".........

So yeah..... I do like Safarigirl.... Just the way I like: TheGoodJoe (super analyst)..... Icon4s ( Oga "Experience"...... though we have differences and yet I'm his favorite bible story *winks*)...... Joseph1013 (Boss)........ Terzurum5 (posted a write-up of mine in the u-20 thread while I was still on SL10.ng..... **he mite not recall** he's a Great OP)...... BascoVanVeli (ever so ready to dissect issues.... Great sense of humor)......... DannyCrusoe(cool smart guy)........ Adeyemi2015 (very interesting fellow but still got eyes on u so pls watch it **smiles**)....... Mikron (an ok guy)....... AIG07 (cool and calculated)......... Orkpekyandega (another excellent OP)....... Tbaba1234 (he's just too legendary...... Drops not more than 3-4 lines..... Like a wise owl...*smiles* )......... Linked (a good guy with a funny name..... "Linked".... Linked to what?? Very smart)....... POintblank (don't know where he is rite now..... But his views in the u-20 thread stays with me)........ Am I forgetting anyone alse?? Yeah, I did forget one more..... I know there are few others but the name "Blueto" comes to mind ..... Yeah I like him too (love his art of sesquipedalianism...... His words and sentences can cause "brain signals traffic
" not in mine sha..... He's smart and funny with "big words"wink

Well, so u see Sir...... I try to be "honest" and "straightforward" and always "devoid of Forming Cliches"........

So that's it....... *smiles*

........................................................................................

But really, do u think My posts are "almost flawless"?? Hmmmm...... Na wa o!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abeg..... I just try to be "Me".........**smiles**

David, u call me "oga experience". Ok o. A teaser: how many of u watched Platini and Tigana dazzle in Euro '84? I did. cool

Please are we done with these hair-style arguments and lets discuss something more pragmatic?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
safarigirl:

"Olanna u too dey argue"!. Ha! e don do.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
Can't stop laughing. Today is really fun-u guys made my day.
Platini again?@sir. Icon4s. *smiles*
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2015
AIG07:
Can't stop laughing. Today is really fun-u guys made my day.
Platini again?@sir. Icon4s. *smiles*

Yes Mitchel Platini of France. France won the European Championships in 1984.

Or u didn't know Platini played for France?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by shogosco: 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
say NO to gamble
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
**smiles**

Sir Adeyemi2015............ Please stop that...... I beg of you Sir........ *smiles*

U said the same about me and I appreciate it BUT SERIOUSLY, IT WASN'T NECESSARY.....

Speaking with Civility should be seen as "NORMAL" NOT "ALIEN".

Your commending me and TheGoodJoe and your going ahead to intentionally "LEAVE OUT" Safarigirl from your initial "LIST" (of those who rocks this thread) also does not show "maturity" Sir........

**yeah, I know u apologized but u still left a trace of "subtle" displeasure...... U termed her "IRON LADY".......Hmmm..... *scratching beards* Sorry, I got no beards.... yet.......#smiles**

**smiles**

I'm not comfortable with how Praises are "FLYING AROUND THIS THREAD"

WHY?? COZ I FEEL IT'S A "SUBTLE" ATTACK ON OTHERS.......... **dont ask how I think so..... Hey! I know psychology**

And please Sir, "ENDORSING A COMMENT JUST BECAUSE IT'S IN LINE WITH UR VIEWS" OR CALLING ME FANTASTIC........... IS WELL...... STILL AN OPINION.......

WHY?? NOT EVERY ONE HERE WILL SAY THINGS JUST THE WAY U WANNA READ OR HEAR IT.......

IT'S TRUE U WON'T ROLL WITH EVERY ONE HERE AND WON'T AGREE WITH SOME MANNER OF APPROACHES BUT PLEASE........ FOR THE FACT THAT U MET SOME MONIKERS HERE WHO ARE BIG CONTRIBUTORS TO THE THREAD...... THEN I SUGGEST U SHOW "SUBTLE" RESPECT AS A REPLACEMENT FOR "SUBTLE" ATTACK.......

I know u don't really "gbadun" (yeah, using ur lang.) Safarigirl but pls let's be a bit more respectful and straightforward with respect to personalities here...

Hiding behind comments like, ".....he doesn't insult u when making points......." And their likes is not HELPING MATTERS HERE...........*smiles*

Pls Sir, I hope u understand........... **THANKS**

.............SAY CEEEEEEEEEEEE...........

*******SMILES*******

Your style heh grin
Some few Weeks ago, a Dude dislike your style, but to me; it's simply the best!
I understand the message you are passing and I accept it in good faith!
grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

wow thanks alot so Suarez can go back to bitting and calling every black player a monkey, let us overlook all that because no one can ever question his passion and dedication.

We are talking CR7 and his attitude to his team mate and you are talking of Supporting Suarez. I guess I am also supporting Diego Costa of Chelsea.

A player who is passionate about his game to the highest level will not bite a player and get himself sent off and suspended. So I do not know how they are related.

Also, Suarez did not call Evra a black monkey. He called him Negrito, which means black man. He did not mean it abusively. Evra took it the wrong way. The South Americans, The Spanish and Portuguess call black men, Negrito. Just like Will Smith will not take offense if I call him a black man.

After the whole Suarez / Evra fiasco, Oriol Romeu tweeted to one of the Chelsea black players and ended it "Come On Negrito." Definitely, Oriol Romeu did not mean any harm to the Chelsea player.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
Icon4s:

Yes Mitchel Platini of France. France won the European Championships in 1984.

Or u didn't know Platini played for France?
yes I do know through 'history' cos I was yet to be conceived then. But seriously you be Baba o o o. I salute your experience.*smiles*
Kindly tell us about Alfredo Di Stéfano probably you watched him played too. who knows?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hahahahahaha......... Couldn't find a better name Sir...... *smiles*

Abeg o, My parents weren't yet married by 1984 sef...

But yeah, that great french team of Euro 84..... I only watched Tigana and Platini on a show that was showing playbacks of the Euro tournaments...... Platini was sublime...... I think he won the European best player award that year and 3 times overall?? "Well, I kinda think so"........ Really, it's been a long while..... But I know he was captain at that tournament. Hope I'm rite......

But why Euro 84?? Why not Euro 96 or Euro 2000?? Haba na!!!! Sebi u see why I termed u Oga "Experience".....

Na wa o........ *smiles*

Icon4s:

David, u call me "oga experience". Ok o. A teaser: how many of u watched Platini and Tigana dazzle in Euro '84? I did. cool

Please are we done with these hair-style arguments and lets discuss something more pragmatic?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

We are talking CR7 and his attitude to his team mate and you are talking of Supporting Suarez. I guess I am also supporting Diego Costa of Chelsea.

A player who is passionate about his game to the highest level will not bite a player and get himself sent off and suspended. So I do not know how they are related.

Also, Suarez did not call Evra a black monkey. He called him Negrito, which means black man. He did not mean it abusively. Evra took it the wrong way. The South Americans, The Spanish and Portuguess call black men, Negrito. Just like Will Smith will not take offense if I call him a black man.

After the whole Suarez / Evra fiasco, Oriol Romeu tweeted to one of the Chelsea black players and ended it "Come On Negrito." Definitely, Oriol Romeu did not mean any harm to the Chelsea player.

I was talking about his overall attitude how could u think i was only talking about his team when i mentioned he celebrates even meaningless goals that will never affect his team but it is the wrong thing to do. Suarez had to change his personality to even be on the same team as Messi and anything with Negro in it is racist there are other words in Spanish for black men like moreno
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by eterisan(m): 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
Good evening everyone. I troway salute... I know this hairstyle thing is almost done but i will drop my take on it. I completely understand both points of view. The moralist and the whatever point. Both are right and wrong depending on the angle you are coming from. In this case though i would certainly prefer u 17 players keeping it down for now. @supernerd i know you don't like people singing you high praises but damn it man.. Ure so on point.. If you de knack beer i go giv u one crate anytime u show warri city! Lolz.. On a more serious note. I like your style and composure unlike the other venomous commenter. Yes it is a straight up attack. And i will not stop until certain persons learn how to behave in public. Calling someone you don't know stewpid is crossing the line and the lowest of lows. Just because him express him opinion. Isn't that why we are on nairaland? To express opinions on varying topics? She did this in the u 23 thread and after *i treat her fvck up the calm down.. Now she has picked on another innocent man to attack. @safarigirl or olanna yes m calling you out.. You have great ideas and you are exceptional but please it is now a common occurence in all the threads you are from u 20 to u23 to super eagles to u 17 that u start up fights and throw tantrums at people. It is totally unnecessary. As my mama said if u de waka for bush na who de look corner they see shiit.. I need ask her what if the shiit de stare at our face for center of the road. #APC Change

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
***laughing out loud***

Ah ah na....... Habaaaa!!!!!

Alfredo was in the 50s and 60s or so...... Na wa for u oooo.......

U wan kill am?? Tv only came into Africa (Nigeria to be precise) in 1959 or so......

Mehnnn!!!! Sir AIG07....... U wicked o no be small tin..... Gerrrarrahia mehn!!!!!

Anyway, the little I saw of Di Stefano was in the UCL finals video highlights playbacks on various Soccer shows I watched on weekends talking about UCL history and showing Videos of such.

***NOTHING MORE*** *SMILES*

AIG07:
yes I do know through 'history' cos I was yet to be conceived then. But seriously you be Baba o o o. I salute your experience.*smiles*
Kindly tell us about Alfredo Di Stéfano probably you watched him played too. who knows?

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.