Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,706 members, 7,955,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs (18815 Views)

Nigerian Agric Sector Attracts $8b Investment In 4 Years / How To Create Jobs For All Nairalanders - Fishery / Welcome Back To The Agric Section. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by dytbabe: 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
Make I dey follow with open mind
Cld get more ideas and then think wild
#following#
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
Nice thread.
Agribusiness is one of.the largest employer of labour in Nigeria.
About 60% of the population are employed in the agricultural sector.
To be empowered to create more job,like our facebook page on www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by dytbabe: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lesgupnigeria: Nice thread.
Agribusiness is one of.the largest employer of labour in Nigeria.
About 60% of the population are employed in the agricultural sector.
To be empowered to create more job,like our facebook page on www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria

U no dey reply ur own thread
Call, u won't pick, explain u won't
Na wa ooo
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by baba11(m): 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
excelsiorfarm: my bro, though i didnt get your question on d local of legumes, i suggest u rephrase d question sir. Let me put a little input, legumes are a class of vegetables. Examples are soybeans, peanuts, beans, surprising locust bean tree is also a legume, leucaena spp(a shrub/tree is a legume). For your snails, watch out for predators e.g. Termites especially
leguminous plants...very good to control soil erosion
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
Aside raising cockerel for december,you can decide to raise broilers 7-8weeks to christmas & sale. Another poultry idea is raising broilers throughout the year for 6weeks. with this you can start with 100 birds with as low as 30-35K, for your DOC,you get it at 150-160 naira each(depending on season & demand,can be low as 130K),feeding to sales(6weeks) max 16k

1 Like

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
excelsiorfarm: Aside raising cockerel for december,you can decide to raise broilers 7-8weeks to christmas & sale. Another poultry idea is raising broilers throughout the year for 6weeks. with this you can start with 100 birds with as low as 30-35K, for your DOC,you get it at 150-160 naira each(depending on season & demand,can be low as 130K),feeding to sales(6weeks) max 16k
u sell for 500/600 naira each
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 02, 2014
excelsiorfarm: u sell for 500/600 naira each
Nice info. However selling at 500/600 naira each is low. I sell mine at 6 to 7 weeks for 650naira per Kg(dressed weight). Average (dressed) weight attained at 6to7 wks is 1.2Kg, meaning my average selling price is N780 each.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:50am On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: Nice info. However selling at 500/600 naira each is low. I sell mine at 6 to 7 weeks for 650naira per Kg(dressed weight). Average (dressed) weight attained at 6to7 wks is 1.2Kg, meaning my average selling price is N780 each.
i try to make business startup by God's Grace easy & accessible to do, hence i dont raise unneccessary expectation even when i know u can make more, because it help d determine ones to take steps & at marketing time, they usually discover they can make more. Please share your experiences sir, the focus of this thread is job creation in agriculture in the nation.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 02, 2014
excelsiorfarm: i try to make business startup by God's Grace easy & accessible to do, hence i dont raise unneccessary expectation even when i know u can make more, because it help d determine ones to take steps & at marketing time, they usually discover they can make more. Please share your experiences sir, the focus of this thread is job creation in agriculture in the nation.
That's nice sir. My experience:

I raise 200 broilers (with less than 10% mortality) with an average of N66,000.

The breakdown is as follows:
»Day Old Chicks: N150 x 200 = N30,000
»Feeds: N1,800 x 18 = N32,400
»Vaccine, medication, other expenses = N3,000.

Note: I produce my feeds with the help of a friend that is into feed-milling.

Between 6 to 7 weeks, they attain an average dressed weight of 1.2Kg, which I sell @ N650 per Kg.

I harvest every two weeks and sell to a nearby supermarkets and sometimes a hotel around.

3 Likes

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by dytbabe: 8:28am On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: That's nice sir. My experience:

Between 6 to 7 weeks, they attain an average dressed weight of 1.2Kg, which I sell @ N650 per Kg.

I harvest every two weeks and sell to a nearby supermarkets and sometimes a hotel around.

Wow
This aint bad, so in 2mnths u get back double of ur investment

Now how do I do this?
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 02, 2014
dyt babe:

Wow
This aint bad, so in 2mnths u get back double of ur investment

Now how do I do this?
To be able to harvest every 2weeks, you will need three poultry pens(cage). If you stock pen1 today, pen2 should be stocked 2wks after today, while pen three is stocked 2wks after pen2 is stocked. With this, you have 3sets of birds with 2wks age interval.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by dyttt: 10:48am On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: To be able to harvest every 2weeks, you will need three poultry pens(cage). If you stock pen1 today, pen2 should be stocked 2wks after today, while pen three is stocked 2wks after pen2 is stocked. With this, you have 3sets of birds with 2wks age interval.

hmmmmm
i dont understand o
pls can u gladly break it down for me
dunno nothin abt it
just wanna try lay my hands on smth and start with abt 100 chicks for a start and see how things come

i have a space already
what other things are required
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: To be able to harvest every 2weeks, you will need three poultry pens(cage). If you stock pen1 today, pen2 should be stocked 2wks after today, while pen three is stocked 2wks after pen2 is stocked. With this, you have 3sets of birds with 2wks age interval.
and the circle continues with you harvesting every 2wks or twice a month.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 02, 2014
dyttt:

hmmmmm
i dont understand o
pls can u gladly break it down for me
dunno nothin abt it
just wanna try lay my hands on smth and start with abt 100 chicks for a start and see how things come

i have a space already
what other things are required
I don't know how to explain further sir. Its just a concept of raising 3sets of birds simultaneously, with first set older than second set and second set older than the third. However if you want to start with just 100chicks, forget about d pen1,2,3 analysis. Just stick to d break down I did earlier.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by dyttt: 11:01am On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: I don't know how to explain further sir. Its just a concept of raising 3sets of birds simultaneously, with first set older than second set and second set older than the third. However if you want to start with just 100chicks, forget about d pen1,2,3 analysis. Just stick to d break down I did earlier.

heaves
i still dont understand
*sobs*
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 02, 2014
dyttt:

heaves
i still dont understand
*sobs*
abeg ooo, don't cry, let me see how I can better explain.

Instead of me raising 100birds and wait till after 6wks b4 making sales, I decide to build 3 poultry rooms. Let's call the rooms: room1, room2, and room3.

Now, I stock room1 with 100birds on 1stjanuary. On 14thjanuary, I also stock room2 with another 100birds. On 28th january, I then stock room3 with another 100birds.

Now, I have 3sets of birds, with first set in room1 older than the second set in room2, and second set in room2 older dan 3rd set in room3.

Notice that the age interval is 2wks, this implies that if I harvest the birds in room1 today, I can harvest the birds in room three in two weeks time, and the circle continues.

Don't hesitate to ask more question(s) if u still don't get it, but under one condition, no more cry grin
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by dyttt: 11:22am On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: abeg ooo, don't cry, let me see how I can better explain.

Instead of me raising 100birds and wait till after 6wks b4 making sales, I decide to build 3 poultry rooms. Let's call the rooms: room1, room2, and room3.

Now, I stock room1 with 100birds on 1stjanuary. On 14thjanuary, I also stock room2 with another 100birds. On 28th january, I then stock room3 with another 100birds.

Now, I have 3sets of birds, with first set in room1 older than the second set in room2, and second set in room2 older dan 3rd set in room3.

Notice that the age interval is 2wks, this implies that if I harvest the birds in room1 today, I can harvest the birds in room three in two weeks time, and the circle continues.

Don't hesitate to ask more question(s) if u still don't get it, but under one condition, no more cry grin

giggling
i wont cry
now i understand better
u tryin to map out for me more sales
i appreciate that

so what else do i need aside land, chicks
how can i get the birds and the meal
thanks
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 02, 2014
dyttt:

giggling
i wont cry
now i understand better
u tryin to map out for me more sales
i appreciate that

so what else do i need aside land, chicks
how can i get the birds and the meal
thanks
depending on wia u r based. Visit any poultry farm or anyone u know that is into poultry. They will tell u wia to get good day old chicks, feeds, vaccine etc. Since u r starting new, it is advisable u get a an experienced helping hand to guide you 2ru.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by dyttt: 11:42am On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: depending on wia u r based. Visit any poultry farm or anyone u know that is into poultry. They will tell u wia to get good day old chicks, feeds, vaccine etc. Since u r starting new, it is advisable u get a an experienced helping hand to guide you 2ru.

i dunno no where or no one
do u have a farm?
i cld go there for some lectures

i live in ishaga
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
dyttt:

i dunno no where or no one
do u have a farm?
i cld go there for some lectures

i live in ishaga
Ishaga is in which state? Am based in kaduna whc I think should be far from Ishaga
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by dyttt: 12:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: Ishaga is in which state? Am based in kaduna whc I think should be far from Ishaga
grin cheesy
oh oh
ishaga is outskirt lagos
undecided

u can always help with brief tutorial, i will go look for farms arnd
will keep u posted
thanks for ur time
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
dyttt:
grin cheesy
oh oh
ishaga is outskirt lagos
undecided

u can always help with brief tutorial, i will go look for farms arnd
will keep u posted
thanks for ur time
Ok, u r welcome.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: That's nice sir. My experience:

you have done well, simplicity of detail is what makes people to have boldness to start something & that what we aim to achieve with this thread in agric job creation
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
@badsharpgirl, u can post your mail on this thread or send to solomonalamu@gmail.com
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Bhurlagy(m): 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
@excelsiorfarm,pls help provide answers to my question. Is it okay applying liquid NPK and UREA to leaves of pepper and tomato OR to the base of the plant. Which one is good.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by tpraiz(m): 9:51am On Jul 07, 2014
Sowie for d deviation,juz kinda bothered abt sumtin...............as an agricultural engineer where can U do ur industrial attachment.....*
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
tpraiz: Sowie for d deviation,juz kinda bothered abt sumtin...............as an agricultural engineer where can U do ur industrial attachment.....*
i would recommend u go to a farm that at least have machines,either for milling,field work etc,but d most important is get relevant skill that would aid u in life from any of d sector,poultry,fishfarming(growout/hatchery). Even as an engineer,u can devise equipment to create efficiency at a cheaper rate

1 Like

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
Bhurlagy: @excelsiorfarm,pls help provide answers to my question. Is it okay applying liquid NPK and UREA to leaves of pepper and tomato OR to the base of the plant. Which one is good.
i would advise d base, because it will burn d leaves & though if all isnt burnt,other will grow well & more will develop.i will post a pic of such act on ugu(stronger).only use foliate fertiliser on leaves directly.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
excelsiorfarm: i would advise d base, because it will burn d leaves & though if all isnt burnt,other will grow well & more will develop.i will post a pic of such act on ugu(stronger).only use foliate fertiliser on leaves directly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
Another area of poultry that u can work on is raising day old chicks to 4 weeks, after 4weeks you can sell d little birds to those that want to raise to point of lay,but scare to start from day old due to their fragile nature.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
you can also raise DOC(day old chick) to between 15-18weeks for those that want ready available point of lay/pullets for their farms

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
back to d ugu farming idea, d biz needs a little capital,market great in dry season ( provided u have timed well & also have reliable water to support during d period),though ugu is draught resistant to some extent. D half a plot i developed since late last year is till very viable & some already fruiting, i had made more than times 3 D capital invested & i had even shared more to friends & neighbors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Egusi Melon In Large Quantity Engine And Handpeel / Let's Talk About Foreign Turkey Farming / Broiler Farmers Let's Come Together And Achieve Our Goal This December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.