Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs (18438 Views)

Nigerian Agric Sector Attracts $8b Investment In 4 Years / How To Create Jobs For All Nairalanders - Fishery / Welcome Back To The Agric Section. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by samshoz(m): 11:39am On Aug 07, 2014
FarmTech:
U can add rabbits and grasscutters to that.
You people can teach us grasscutter farming but d cost is enough to start goat/sheep micro/backyard farm. I have strong interest in d latter.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by binbass(m): 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
Please can UGU be planted under banana trees without adequate SUN?
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
binbass: Please can UGU be planted under banana trees without adequate SUN?
ugu are creeping plants and immediately they can stretch their stem, they creep upward on your banana. Provided d soil is fertile & has good drainage characteristics , they need space to get d best they can offer
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by binbass(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
[quote author=excelsiorfarm] ugu are creeping plants and immediately they can stretch their stem, they creep upward on your banana. Provided d soil is fertile & has good drainage characteristics , they need space to get d best they can offer

The soil is very fertile but someone told me I need to plant it where there's adequate SUN. THANKS
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by tandj: 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
No, I don't think it will do well. Ugu needs sun as fish needs water. They also need space.
Goodluck.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by binbass(m): 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
tandj: No, I don't think it will do well. Ugu needs sun as fish needs water. They also need space.
Goodluck.
Okay
Thanks
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Bhurlagy(m): 3:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hello house,
Can too much rain/water cause tomato stand/leavea to rot away. Some of them are not doing well again(it rains consecutively in my area).
Trying hard to post the pics but its nt showing up.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by FarmTech(m): 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
samshoz: I will never raise fish or poultry until i get market or demand. My unproductive layers, even at a fair N850 is suprisingly not sold out(already eating some it myself). Maybe d sub-urban location(ijoko, sango ogun stat) problem too. With my salaries invested in d venture, i cud buy a half plot of land(which u knw dosent depreciate), i wud have been beta off. Hence, u see my challenge. I have oda tings to expend my money on i.e marriage, beta accomodatn. But i want to also develop multiple stream of income. To complimnt my inadequate pay. U see u my challenge, may God help me. I have passion for part time farming(even recently tryin out rabbitry lol).
U need guidance whenever you're venturing into sth u dont know. This is bc little mistakes you make can cost u a lot.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by FarmTech(m): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
samshoz: You people can teach us grasscutter farming but d cost is enough to start goat/sheep micro/backyard farm. I have strong interest in d latter.
I'm not raising grasscutter or rabbits for now, but I hav interest in them. Whether it is goat, grasscutter or rabbits, they all hav their pros and cons.

1 Like

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by samshoz(m): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
FarmTech:
U need guidance whenever you're venturing into sth u dont know. This is bc little mistakes you make can cost u a lot.
Oga Henry, i hear.

1 Like

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
[quote author=binbass][/quote] every plant need sunlight to grow effectively(photosynthesis to take place), thats while i wrote, they need space, i have some under a mango tree behind my apartment, but d ones under open space are doing great than d ones in shade. So if u are looking at commercial, give than room & stake them.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
excelsiorfarm: ugu are creeping plants and immediately they can stretch their stem, they creep upward on your banana. Provided d soil is fertile & has good drainage characteristics , they need space to get d best they can offer
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
Bhurlagy: Hello house,
Can too much rain/water cause tomato stand/leavea to rot away. Some of them are not doing well again(it rains consecutively in my area).
Trying hard to post the pics but its nt showing up.
too much rain isnt good for tomatoes, their roots too needs to breath, worst if d draining capacity of your soil is poor

1 Like

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
samshoz: You people can teach us grasscutter farming but d cost is enough to start goat/sheep micro/backyard farm. I have strong interest in d latter.
always good to master one, then move/create another agric livestock biz, it helps u build experience with confidence, shouldnt be guess work, make i try this, try that.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
excelsiorfarm: it isnt d size/land space that count at times, later i will give an illustration in relation to a real life evidence on a farm(using fishfarming as an example)
this is d promise, this fish pond/dam when it was harvested early this year, all d value of fish gotten was roughly 700K(that u can easily make from your backyard),hence d structure though over 2.5 size football field is a ......

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:49am On Aug 08, 2014
in case you are wondering how it is possible to harvest or drain d fish dam, there is a giant gate value for water outlet & it took us 6 days(non stop) to get it done.below are pics

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:06am On Aug 08, 2014
more pics

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:14am On Aug 08, 2014
d last pic is d rock solid concrete gate value, from where i was standing,d outlet base is about 20 feet deep & as i wrote earlier,it took us 6 days to get d water drained to what u can see
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:24am On Aug 08, 2014
picture of our big catch, average weight 6.5kg

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2014
other type of ponds that u can start your fishfarm in(all mobile). Good facilities, when u are a tenant or d property isnt yours(provided your landlord allows,so u dont get quit notice).

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by itemj2k(m): 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Oga d manual go still reach me so? Biko. Ejoooo. itemj2k@gmail.com
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by lottss(f): 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
excelsiorfarm: Aside raising cockerel for december,you can decide to raise broilers 7-8weeks to christmas & sale. Another poultry idea is raising broilers throughout the year for 6weeks. with this you can start with 100 birds with as low as 30-35K, for your DOC,you get it at 150-160 naira each(depending on season & demand,can be low as 130K),feeding to sales(6weeks) max 16k
oga. Goodevening,how many weeks can I train Doc broiler to table size
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
lottss: oga. Goodevening,how many weeks can I train Doc broiler to table size
depends on your target weight, feed quality, lightening program, 6 - 8 wks u are already there
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by lottss(f): 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
Can u enlIghten me onthe lightening programme?n wahat feed do u suggest I use.I am a novice here.the doc is #300 in yenagoa is it nt too miuch
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
lottss: Can u enlIghten me onthe lightening programme?n wahat feed do u suggest I use.I am a novice here.the doc is #300 in yenagoa is it nt too miuch
u know u people are sitting on oil, here it is between #150 - 170, lightening program is putting bulbs/lanterns for heat when they are small & visibility as they grow, it aids growth, thats why farms that can do it effectively meet market earlier
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by lottss(f): 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
We no de see d oil money o grin.what abt d feed any idea for me?@excelsiorfarm u have really been of help to us here,may God bless u real good
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Mattin(m): 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
excelsiorfarm: u know u people are sitting on oil, here it is between #150 - 170, lightening program is putting bulbs/lanterns for heat when they are small & visibility as they grow, it aids growth, thats why farms that can do it effectively meet market earlier
I have been an ardent follower of this this thread and I am ready to start heliculture, rabbit and grasscutter. Pls I need the ebook to guide me through and any advice and suggetion. My email is bolumattew@rocketmail.com
help a brother
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
lottss: We no de see d oil money o grin.what abt d feed any idea for me?@excelsiorfarm u have really been of help to us here,may God bless u real good
God will bless us all, with patience & diligence, no limits. best u buy finished feed, start with broiler starter, grower, then finisher, d regime depends on your lighten, under light, they continue to feed. Buying finished feed, saves u from wahala, except u are running on massive productn capacity

2 Likes

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Mattin:
I have been an ardent follower of this this thread and I am ready to start heliculture, rabbit and grasscutter. Pls I need the ebook to guide me through and any advice and suggetion. My email is bolumattew@rocketmail.com
help a brother
the ebook in question isnt about agric, but businesses. In it u wont find rabbitry(though i know it) or grasscutter farming( i never did/came near this), your followership is appreciated, you can ask your questions/guide/advise here, via whatsapp, email, i try my best to respond to all. Some of what you will see in the ebook are parts of d businesses i wrote in a business thread on nairaland titled + BUSINESSES THAT WILL GIVE YOU A MEANINGFUL INCOME CONTINUALLY, hence ask your questions in relation to agric here, GOD BLESS
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by starnuel(m): 11:44am On Aug 12, 2014
lottss: oga. Goodevening,how many weeks can I train Doc broiler to table size

Are you sure 16k can feed 100 broilers till sales?
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
starnuel:

Are you sure 16k can feed 100 broilers till sales?
let me answer your question, it will,depending on how long u intend to keep them,weight target also,if they extend beyond 9wks profit diminishes(except festive time), some supply in 6 weeks,under v strict feeding regime,some attain their target wt in 5weeks(zartech at times), i have at least a woman in d north & an inlaw in ondo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG / What Are The Requirements For Cold Room Business / How To Get Cheap Farmland For Lease And Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.