Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:36 AM

Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (200423 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos) / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Infoay: 7:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
Hmmm!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by udemzyudex(m): 7:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
To my own understanding,the only difference between a private secondary school and a government secondary school is the practical they do,they do more practical work than goverment schools and a conducive environment... Thats all according to oga at the top grin
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by gidjah(m): 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
Onyiclara: Please who kws what it takes to teach in any of these schls. I wan go collect my own share.
SO SORRY MY DEAR,you will be so dissapointed hearing the poor amount staff are bin paid,i have worked wit one this 'mighty'elephant schools!my pay was a lil above 170k despite all d degrees wey man gather o!they will use 150k out of your body and leave u with d rest.there rules are something else, sack is our logo and regular trade mark. but thank god i have freedom bin where i am now,PLS DO NOT EVER ENVY THEM,IF U NO LIKE WORK

3 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by olushowunm(m): 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
What about Day Waterman College founded by Tayo Aderinokun... Its almost expensive as the First on the list... Also, Olasore in Osun state should also get a medal! Then, Loyola College in Lugbe, the Sosoliso school!

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by gurunlocker: 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
gidjah: LOYOLA JESUIT IS IT

yeah you're right....
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Lusola15: 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
I paid ₦250 for primary school and I still turned out great grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
Samakinr: ...ahahah, i don't believe the greensprings @ Anthony. They pay just 150k per session... Any way, how much did i pay per term during my own time?.......#500, and i still had distinctions. I remember we didn't have a chemistry teacher from SS 2. IMAGINE....WE WERE 481 IN SS 1....but here we are, rising stars

don't u just wish.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by tpia: 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
MabraO:

Ehn ehn
So oversea lo sure ju after sec sch
No wonder they can afford to pay thru their nose

most kids in that kind of school shouldnt need to hustle and struggle before getting visa, since their parents are already rich.

probably they just prep for the ivy league, high end schools perhaps.

do rich nigerians still have to struggle for visas like poor or average nigerians? Just curious.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by abbakacici: 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
please any parent that can afford to send his child to private, will. stop complaining, all fingers are not equal because the school you think have normal fee i.e 25-70k, most Nigeria will see that as outrageous

3 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Stevezero: 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
Giwo Science Academy,Bauchi also pay such amount of money.Own by former Minister of Environment Alh (Dr) Mohammed Bello Kirfi CON.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by tpia: 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
@ topic

how is it my business, if people want to spend their money as they see fit?

some use their money for education, others use it to encourage boko haram, some give it to the photographer an similar ventures, some give theirs to nairaland. if they did not ask me how to spend, then its up to them what they want to use i for.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Sagamite(m): 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
obynocj: [img]http://1.1.1.3/bmi/3.bp..com/-nqvnkyA3hhk/U6qsVZN82LI/AAAAAAAAEtU/rlvhHmGhN5g/s400/Most-expensive-secondary-school-in-Nigeria.jpg[/img]
The amount paid by One student in these schools can be used to award scholarship to entire secondary schools in a Local Government Area. There are certain amounts that are just too much to give to another person in the name school fees for education.

Below is the list of six (6) Most Expensive secondary Schools in Nigeria and their School Fees per year.

Here is the list arranged from the six to the highest paying school.….
Please don’t misunderstand this, it is NOT the sum of school fees of the entire students, it is just for a single students… lol
Enjoy the view

6. Dowen College, Lekki
They charge N2,000,000 annually for a boarding student and N1,250,000 for a day student.

5. Chrisland College, Ikeja
They charge as high as N2,000,000 annually. Fees can be paid annually or termly but on or before the first day of school. These include registration,tuition deposit,accommodation and feeding.

4. Atlantic Hall
They charge as much as N2,270,000 for a student

3. Greensprings school, Anthony
They charge a total of N3,185,200 annually for a boarding student and N1,925,200 for a day student
Read More http://www..com/2014/06/six-6-most-expensive-secondary-schools.html

Shollypopz father paid these kinds of fee and she ended up at Fisk University? lipsrsealed

Chisos! grin

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Forwetinnah: 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
lepasharon: The school I went to in Surulere is not Here?.. Fountain Heights Secondary? undecided

True..
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by myspnigeria: 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
hmmmm..... all I can say is God should remember me for good!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by jibbish(m): 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
ijbeauty: If I hear,

Na I'm be say na professor go de teach dem...
Shuuuuu?? Dats too much!

At d end of d day de write d same WAEC with ppl wey go for free education skul...

Yeye de smell...
Mhen e dey smell no b small... Na em make d whole of Nigeria dey smell sef. Poly n college of edu students dey house ooo
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2014
Mutuwa: That is lagos..you didn't put up skols like reagent and springhall british skol all at abuja to start with.
even turkish and loyola
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by tpia: 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
abbakacici: please any parent that can afford to send his child to private, will. stop complaining, all fingers are not equal because the school you think have normal fee i.e 25-70k, most Nigeria will see that as outrageous

your first picture is actually supposed to be the way an average nigerian school would look like ideally, it doesnt show luxury per se.

something like these might:

7 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
HAH: Such schools are actually created for social and class segregation as well as networking among the children of the rich, at end of the day they will form a strong alumni where they help each other through out their life.

They don't want their chidren to mingle with the classless and poor, the parent usually can afford even 10M school fees, we are talking of the children of CEOs, top government, and diplomats.

I know of an international organisation that pay their staff children schools fees up to $15000 annually per child.

The only sensible response so far. It's all about networking which lasts a life time. Apt, very apt.

12 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by blakky97(m): 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
Anytime I hear Dowen college, I remember the day I fooled my self before. Some white chicks.
The house opposite the sch is my clients house. But he has a strange gate man that never hears when someone is knocking. I always suffer before getting into the compound
This day- dowen college had their graduation party and some white chicks parked their car just front of the deaf man gate. When I came down from the car, as if I was already expecting his usual deafness, I was very angry even before comming out of the car, so I held a big plier and immediately started banging the gate. As I was hitting it, I was talking to my self and cursing the guy, cos even if you call his number he won't pick. Just then I looked back and saw a white family with tall slim chicks all looking bewildered. That was when it dawned on me that I was acting like a monkey. They startd laughing. I didn't know how to explain to them that the bell is not working and the gateman never hears. I just turned back and strolled away

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MabraO: 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2014
tpia:

most kids in that kind of school shouldnt need to hustle and struggle before getting visa, since their parents are already rich.

probably they just prep for the ivy league, high end schools perhaps.

do rich nigerians still have to struggle for visas like poor or average nigerians? Just curious.

Tpia been searching for u all this while
Thank God u didn't go with the storm
Miss u well wellgrin
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by aadetoyin(f): 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2014
The list is not complete at all. Where is Vivian Fowler, Grange Sch, Divy College and Abti in Yola. The truth is these kids are not interested in completing their studies so they always do the A-levels and leave naija but come o, why do parents waste that much money
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Forwetinnah: 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
gidjah: YES O!LOYOLA JESUIT TOO.THEY PAY AS HIGH AS A MILLION PLUS .I KNOW OF TWO SCHOOLS IN KADUNA WHERE I GROW UP TOO(ZAMANI COL & some others too)they pay pretty high amount also

Zamani college high since the 90s no be today...Essence International is another cut throat In Kaduna

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Badex10(m): 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ahhhh. Find out what happened between Victor moses and Keshi www.nairaland.com/1790715/eagles-coach-keshi-dispels-moses#24332081
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by cigie(m): 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2014
MabraO: At the end of 6 yrs schooling they all write d same WAEC and NECO with students that paid far less for same education

Education in Nigeria is overrated

Yes, they all write the same WAEC and NECO, but you can't compare the quality of education and exposure those kids enjoy.

6 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by justi4jesu(f): 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2014
SAVED BABA: hear d name sef Groove na grooving dey go jst dey groove for scul.

Yes oh grooving with millions..

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Ashmark(m): 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
If I have d money, I will pay..

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by logica(m): 7:25pm On Jun 28, 2014
Medunah: If u like enrol ur child in a school where u pay $1,000,000 per session. A child that will be dull will be dull.
Abi o!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MabraO: 7:25pm On Jun 28, 2014
cigie:

Yes, they all write the same WAEC and NECO, but you can't compare the quality of education and exposure those kids enjoy.

If not for greediness of our leaders
U think education in Nigeria would be segregated?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
Do people really pay these outrageous fees when there are still needy people?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 28, 2014
doubleportion: i think the list is not complete without LOYOLA JESUIT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL..Gida mangoro Abuja.dont realy know how much the pay but its in the league of millions.
I wrote their entrance exam came close didn't pass. then the school fees was N1.5m . but I have my younger brother and sister there now, and their school fees is 2.8m+ now. I was shocked when I saw what my popsi is paying for them. for two of them is 5.7m+ a year. this list is incomplete without Loyola Jesuit college in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2014
funny enough one of the best schools in west Africa wesley girls it's in Ghana their fees isn't even up to 10k have a friend who went to groove school then bells university he's in my school his first semester he had 0.33 out of 4.0. pikin wey dull go dull

3 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by jahbiz: 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2014
Where is Day Waterman in Ogun State?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out / Olabisi Onabanjo University 2012/2013 Admission / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.