Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (196792 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos) / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nigellus_Hosan:

don't u just wish.
...of course i wished, but if wishes are horses, sometimes,...it's not as we wish. But i live by this reasoning..'some people are born with silver spoon, I'm not born with one...but that doesn't mean i can have one. I just have to forge a golden one'....of course you know what the process of forging entails...it requires exploration, refining, and shaping...

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Elythron16zero4: 11:15pm On Jun 28, 2014
Youngzedd: Give your kids the best if you have what it takes.
I agree with you but does the best means outrageously expensive? I feel sorry for this country where people associate good education with colossal sums. I do remember that top echelons scattered across the lengths and breadth of Nigeria today were never products of any of these schools. It's only unfortunate that the schools of the days of yore which produced astute and accomplished Nigerians has dwindled in the face of time;especially that the likes of the teachers of those days are extinct in the semblance of such schools today. Adieu Nigeria public schools may your memories remain infinitely, those you produced will never forget you but to their ignominy you are now a bed ridden of knowledge and a mockery of none existence schools in your days of glory. Adieu! adieu!

3 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Atmmachine(m): 11:16pm On Jun 28, 2014
I paid 500 thousand naira per term when i was in secondary school cool cool

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Olaone1: 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
Elythron16zero4: Adieu Nigeria public schools may your memories remain infinitely, those you produced will never forget you
The same people they produced destroyed them. Abeg, leave tory

3 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Masudoyindamola: 11:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
dridowu: Hmmmmm, if they like let them pay 1billion na dem sabi, at the end of the day that does not guarantee they will perform more than feyin gbole grammar school attendee . The only thing they can only do better than those that attend public school is to be speaking with their nose.
http://m./item/show/668521042

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Biolaajayi(m): 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
Hmmmm! Enwaiz, its none of my business..*sips coffee*
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Elythron16zero4: 11:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
did you note the remark below?
Ola one:
The same people they produced destroyed them. Abeg, leave tory
but to their ignominy you are now a bed ridden of knowledge and a mockery of none existence schools in your days of glory. Adieu! adieu!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Esdb(m): 11:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
even Roemichs in ilorin

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Ela59: 11:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
These are the reasons, foundations and the sources of all discrimination in every aspect of our nation. How do you think those students we behave to students frm alumoji schools?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by upsunnah: 11:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
only Allah can help us in this country
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by teemsa: 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
dridowu: Hmmmmm, if they like let them pay 1billion na dem sabi, at the end of the day that does not guarantee they will perform more than feyin gbole grammar school attendee . The only thing they can only do better than those that attend public school is to b
e speaking with their nose.
Hahabhahaha u.funny aswear
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by SenatorJames(m): 11:41pm On Jun 28, 2014
aooyelami: I hope their O'level results come with B.Sc, M.Sc & PhD certificates
Yes (in view).

The tuition is not for higher educational standard, but money competition.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by SenatorJames(m): 11:42pm On Jun 28, 2014
aooyelami: I hope their O'level results come with B.Sc, M.Sc & PhD certificates
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by monoformdude: 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2014
obynocj: [img]http://1.1.1.3/bmi/3.bp..com/-nqvnkyA3hhk/U6qsVZN82LI/AAAAAAAAEtU/rlvhHmGhN5g/s400/Most-expensive-secondary-school-in-Nigeria.jpg[/img]
The amount paid by One student in these schools can be used to award scholarship to entire secondary schools in a Local Government Area. There are certain amounts that are just too much to give to another person in the name school fees for education.

Below is the list of six (6) Most Expensive secondary Schools in Nigeria and their School Fees per year.

Here is the list arranged from the six to the highest paying school.….
Please don’t misunderstand this, it is NOT the sum of school fees of the entire students, it is just for a single students… lol
Enjoy the view

6. Dowen College, Lekki
They charge N2,000,000 annually for a boarding student and N1,250,000 for a day student.

5. Chrisland College, Ikeja
They charge as high as N2,000,000 annually. Fees can be paid annually or termly but on or before the first day of school. These include registration,tuition deposit,accommodation and feeding.

4. Atlantic Hall
They charge as much as N2,270,000 for a student

3. Greensprings school, Anthony
They charge a total of N3,185,200 annually for a boarding student and N1,925,200 for a day student
Read More http://www..com/2014/06/six-6-most-expensive-secondary-schools.html

where z liforte?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by crudedude(m): 11:47pm On Jun 28, 2014
Acidosis: Truly, poverty is a disease sad

Where else do you guys expect the elite and the rich to put their kids? Otueke Community Grammar School??

Most (or all) of these kids only enrol in a Nigerian (situated) secondary school because their parents want close watch and monitoring, hence the reason why they were placed in standard British/American colleges.
Few days after secondary education, most of them will never spend another 72hours in Nigeria let alone move close to some strike inflicted pitiable federal government establised university dirty-gates.

How else do we expect the rich to spend on their kids?

We are not even talking about the quality of the tutors, most of whom are American/Brits. ABTI is a case study, over 75% of Lecturers in that school are foreign-raised & trained.

atleast we do not expect "Edo government Teachers" to come raise these polished kids..

This one nor be osun state chinese opon imo cheesy we are talking about kids who spend vacation abroad (school sponsored), and some people are talking WAEC & NECO,

How many of una enrol for Cambridge, GCSE?

Some of you guys with PhD on this forum might even find it difficult to communicate with these kids all because of your poor backgrounds in a community school where teachers distribute egusi (melon) to students to 'break' grin

That wan na school, or "ki olorun ma je ka wa ye asan"? grin

I refuse to be poor (In Jesus Name).

I refuse to be poor too. Lord bless our hustle, my kids deserve the best.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by modextus(m): 11:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
gidjah: YES O!LOYOLA JESUIT TOO.THEY PAY AS HIGH AS A MILLION PLUS .I KNOW OF TWO SCHOOLS IN KADUNA WHERE I GROW UP TOO(ZAMANI COL & some others too)they pay pretty high amount also

yeah! cherryfield students pay about 600k and funtaj students pay over 800k!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by youngmonie: 11:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
This is one thing people that understand about private and elite education. You create a good foundation to build your future success on. Look at it this way. There is every chance that students who go to that uni will also go to private universities like the CU's and Babcocks of this world, there is everychance most of them will school abroad , all along you make connections and friends for life. Most of them finish come back to Nigeria and get the top jobs every where, they have friends that they went to the same school with, they are all in the same social circles again, they give out contracts to each other, they pull strings for each other. Not saying its a guarantee for success but it is a good step

4 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by STENON(f): 11:58pm On Jun 28, 2014
At times, QUANTITY does'nt simplify QUANLITY.................

Evn If I shld av dos millions of naira I cn neva spnd it for Educatn in Naija..... Most Less costly schools stil performs better in Academics and training, than all this Highly expensive secondary schools
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by crudedude(m): 12:05am On Jun 29, 2014
youngmonie: This is one thing people that understand about private and elite education. You create a good foundation to build your future success on. Look at it this way. There is every chance that students who go to that uni will also go to private universities like the CU's and Babcocks of this world, there is everychance most of them will school abroad , all along you make connections and friends for life. Most of them finish come back to Nigeria and get the top jobs every where, they have friends that they went to the same school with, they are all in the same social circles again, they give out contracts to each other, they pull strings for each other. Not saying its a guarantee for success but it is a good step

This right here is someone who sees the bigger picture.

4 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ATMCARD2(m): 12:17am On Jun 29, 2014
Ur list is incomplete, unless u mentiond six mst expensive in Lag and nt in Nig. There r many skols in Abj dat pays more dan dat..... Loyola Jesuits,Cherifield ,El-amin etc.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MrDoGood(m): 12:46am On Jun 29, 2014
MabraO: At the end of 6 yrs schooling they all write d same WAEC and NECO with students that paid far less for same education

Education in Nigeria is overrated

they don't write WAEC and NECO. ministry of edu. present them with BSc,BA,LLB LAW,BMBS,MBBS certificate.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by jossy501: 12:54am On Jun 29, 2014
Medunah: If u like enrol ur child in a school where u pay $1,000,000 per session. A child that will be dull will be dull.
you are so on point.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by abbakacici: 1:51am On Jun 29, 2014
Sirniyeh: Trash!

Most succesful people in life didn't go to luxury school. Such school ended their graduands vanity.

Abiola, Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola, Goodluck Jonathan and I myself didnt spend millions on their secondary education.

Eventually, those who spend millions on education will still come back to work under people like us who paid N25 as school fees.

I paid N25 in 1986 as school fee and N35 as WAEC fee in 1990.
It was 1990 Government changed school system to 1990/1991 -- to hell with Babangida

When I finish my company, I shall recruit them.
you actually wrong, people who attend prep school have almost automatic admission in ivy league university in america or Russel group in Uk. or you think the all the childrens of Ngozi, El rufai, nuhu ribadu, Dangote, Otedola are all very smart that they are attending ivy and Russel group university thus your son attend prep school will have a better chance of going to ivy and Russel group university, and if he attend those universities, eassy to have internship at HBSC or Shell grop etc, with Degree from Oxford and master for Harvard and internship with CNN and dad connection. only a miracle from god. that will make him roaming the street of abuja and lagos looking for jobs. yes once a while the son of no body can make it, does mean the parent should not try and give their children a leg off
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by greggng: 2:06am On Jun 29, 2014
Must of you here no get papa wey get money. That's why that money come too much for una. The next time you will come to this world beg God to give you rich papa. For your info that money includes vacation and traveling to any country of their choice during holiday. Children that enters helicopter to school no be your mate oh. You na molue you the sweat inside like he goat wey just Bleep finish. I once leaved at mary land were atlantic hall is located . When you see this kids you hate your life.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by jidesp(m): 2:14am On Jun 29, 2014
Young Da Naval: Guy, abeg shut up. Ah take God name beg u. If u dare comment any further here, ah fit break ya head oh!

I've always noticed some thick-headed monsters on Nairaland and you never proved otherwise. Just so you know, I attended a Public school that lacked so many things including Tissue papers. I really can't tell you what to think or say, apparently you have a freedom of speech.

Secondly, I apologize for my first line. But I will tell you something you fail to understand. No parent in their right mind would be wealthy enough and let greed debase their child's education. While my parent weren't rich enough to send me to the most expensive school perhaps good school, I don't have to complain about people who does rather I'm trying to make you be a guiding light and not lead a protest by letting people who read this forum understand there is actually nothing bad in sending your kid to an EXPENSIVE school.....Oh! I think the word EXPENSIVE confuses you, I will use a subdued word so you could understand what I mean..The word is GOOD school. Surprisingly, I turned out well in life..

Nothing comes easy brother, you're either from a Wealthy home or you make a Wealthy home for your kids. Either way your resolution would be discernible in end. Work hard and pray your kids don't envy other kids because you were too busy thinking you're wiser than the man who values the future of tomorrow's leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by jidesp(m): 2:34am On Jun 29, 2014
MabraO:

Lol at bolded
Come to think of it
U think if our education system was good and not segregated by our clues less leaders y should we be paying so hight for it?

U know in Nigeria we copy things from abroad and implement it wrongly

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Shokoloko(f): 2:41am On Jun 29, 2014
justi4jesu: OP you just concentrated this your list on Lagos.

Add Groove School Portharcourt

Grove is 375,000 or a little less
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 29, 2014
u forgot Jepftha in PH.. most students in these schools go abroad to study for Uni.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Shokoloko(f): 3:12am On Jun 29, 2014
ikp4succes: u forgot Jepftha in PH.. most students in these schools go abroad to study for Uni.

Jepthah is 500k per term.
Norwegian international school is N1,129,500 per term
Cita is about 350k termly
Grove totals about 1 million annually.
All in port harcourt

Its not bad to send ur kids to these schools if u can afford to send them out of the country immediately after
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Afam4eva(m): 3:40am On Jun 29, 2014
obynocj:
5. Chrisland College, Ikeja
Chrisland college is in Ikotun/Ejigbo. I think it's the primary school that is in Ikeja.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by jibbish(m): 5:06am On Jun 29, 2014
Bigwig1: Apostolic Church Grammar sch."Apolo"
Pastor Adegboyegba Memorial Primary sch. Ketu
Kosofe College Ketu
Alpha plus ketu
Amazing Grace Ketu
Temitope Ketu
all ds ketu pikin don reach hai, y u no add oluwalogbon primary school, Ayedere Ajibola High Schl or Ikosi High schl
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Sike(m): 5:29am On Jun 29, 2014
What are they teaching there? Are they using heaven syllabus?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Direct Entry Candidates 2013/2014. Let Us Meet Here / Olabisi Onabanjo University 2012/2013 Admission / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.