Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (197037 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos) / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
sbaks: Just fooling themselves! Some may be paying money for fees through their noses but they will still want their children to be among so that they(the parents now) can feel among! i encountered some people like that and honestly it's ANNOYING! angry why kill yourself to enroll your child in lekki british when your pocket can afford only command? Smh! Nigerians with fake life!

This phenomenon is quite common. I know a couple of cases like that where middle class parents would overreach themselves and try to prove God-knows-what point by enrolling their kid(s) in schools they can barely afford.

If you have to 'struggle' to send your child to schools like BIS or Dowen, then there is a big risk of ruining the child's self esteem and imbuing the child with dissatisfaction in the long run. When the other kids from more affluent families are flippantly discussing about the new holiday home their parents bought in Florida, or the vacation to Disney Land they're looking forward to in the summer, your child would sit there and gape hopelessly, sulking with discontentment and inferiority. It's not a pleasant experience to be a commoner, even in Heaven.

Unless you earn at least N30m per annum, you should have no business sending your children to these schools. There are many decent schools with school fees in the range of 150-400k per annum. Middle class folks should stick to those.

6 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Olaone1: 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2014
These schools are for people with oodles of cash.

I will Get There!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by doncaster(m): 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
Pls nobody should compare all those shitty schools with Eton. Over priced and paid with stolen money.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ericiland: 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
Re their teachers only Master degree and PhD holders?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by chinedujazzy(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2014
Waste of money,they simply take der wards there to show affluence,d rich don't want der children interacting with poor kids,they simply want to keep standard and maitain d gap

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Nna kuru ume kuda!! It is real oo. I was doing househelp work for one of these big man pikins.
Asin itz for real or what?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by begwong: 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2014
aooyelami: I hope their O'level results come with B.Sc, M.Sc & PhD certificates
How would i have laughed if to say nairaland no return.
Lol!!!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2014
Abeg Children wey dey attend those schools dem dey flog dem? Choi!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2014
Young Da Naval: Asin itz for real or what?

It is very real oo. Remember Nigeria is naturally a wealthy country in terms of resources so the figures I'm seeing are very believable especially from experience(house girl job for big man). smiley
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Pricelezz(m): 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
Where's G.S.S Karu
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Olaone1: 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
This practice is common all over the world, though.

In Britain, for example, David Cameron attended Eton, a school meant for uber rich people and royalties.

Nick Clegg, the deputy PM, attended Westminster, a school that charges 8 Million Naira per year.

One-third of members of the British parliament are OxBridge grads.

It's a very unfair world!

6 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
jidesp:

Don't criticize what you feel you can't afford. I've seen Chrisland curriculum and the Standard of teaching in that school is really good. And Kids who are ready to learn, learn extensively. The activities in their school worth what they charge.

I don't mind paying a 10Million naira to send my kids to school in any of the schools Highlighted. What don't Nigerians complain about, your kids study abroad, you complain they are not promoting the schools in Nigeria, and now someone who is affluent enough puts his/her kids in a good school, now you think its too expensive, I wonder what kind of education you want for your kids.

Before you judge people, put yourself not just in their shoes, base your thought in 3Dimension....
Guy, abeg shut up. Ah take God name beg u. If u dare comment any further here, ah fit break ya head oh!

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by esoboy875(m): 10:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
I hop in all those schools dere teachers ar Phd holder. Nonesense
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by dasoul(m): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ola one: This pactice is common all over the world, though.

In Britain, for example, David Cameron attended Eton, a school meant for uber rich people and royalties.

Nick Clegg, the deputy PM, attended Westminster, a school that charges 8 Million Naira per year.

One-third of members of the British parliament are OxBridge grads.

It's a very unfair world!

But the case is different in Nigeria!
GEJ who once had no shoes, I doubt could afford a premier secondary school....but he is our president today and he is sound.

same can be said of Yaradua, OBJ et al
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2014
datalossvictim1:

It is very real oo. Remember Nigeria is naturally a wealthy country in terms of resources so the figures I'm seeing are very believable especially from experience(house girl job for big man). smiley
OMG!! Wonder shall neva end in this country oh!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by akpur1(m): 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2014
justi4jesu: OP you just concentrated this your list on Lagos.

Add Groove School Portharcourt
it not expensive i attended that sch.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by dnawah(m): 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
2000000*6=12000000;Dhmmmmmm!God dey o!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
zerray: it is better than using the money to marry more wives....this parents know what their money is going to.i hv met couple of students from loyola jesuit and these students are very very very good.forget the money.some of these students are very good. so if i hv to pay 5m to gv my child the best standard of learning pls why nt?
how many inventions have been made by the students?? Take it from me, federal government schools (or present state government schools ooo, in some states) are still BETTER OFF! I've met some students from high brow schools as well 'abi'? and will i say "they are nothing to write home about?". So what's the point?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Olaone1: 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2014
dasoul:

But the case is different in Nigeria!
GEJ who once had no shoes, I doubt could afford a premier secondary school....but he is our president today and he is sound.

same can be said of Yaradua, OBJ et al
That's what they want to replicate in Nigeria. Remember Naija is a young country. Also, it was better then. Nowadays, it's not easy. A lad with a background such as OBJ's wouldn't get into the military right now. It's now done with connections.

BTW, Yar'Adua had it good
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Perfecter4real(m): 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

They don't write Waec and Neco.....
All secondary schools in west Africa write waec,i stand corrected if am wrong
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2014
Did you forget TEXAS INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY I think is most expensive
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by francisduru: 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2014
Pikin wey doll go still doll.....Yeye done too smell!
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by bigtt76(f): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
Not doubting their academic strenght but kids trained in a balanced environment excel better. Nigerians excel anywhere outside our shores no doubt.

Nice one ...sacrificing for them. Hope they're aware of this and do the same when the time comes. Stay blessed.

azzima: ejy do Nigerians have that pauper mentality? my children went to diwen and finished the last year of high school in new jersey. they were way ahead of their mate in nre jersey. yes I could have been driving a range with that type of money buy I chose to drive a Camry just to get the best. for them wjile y friends were driving Mercedes. u give your child the best.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Youngzedd(m): 10:41pm On Jun 28, 2014
Give your kids the best if you have what it takes.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Mutuwa(m): 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2014
zerray: premier too pls include that

Yap..seems u know much abt abj skols..do u teach in any? grin
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by pembisco(m): 10:46pm On Jun 28, 2014
Abbey2sam: Haba!! This fees are too outrageous

Abti junior academy is suppose to be on this list

Abti junior academy is under America university of Nigeria own by Atiku Abubakar, former VP of Nigeria........

The school is located in Adamawa state
no! Evn d university itself doesnt charge as much as d highest here per session.
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2014
pelvicky: history
...yea...so far its a good history...'i wish to have more. What abt you? U wanna live your life without a trace?
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by warrenweste(m): 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ishilove:
And yet as at 3yrs back, they were paying their teachers less than 60k per month. angry

no mind them,they might have reviewed the staff salaries nw
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by jambadimission(m): 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
gain admission into any nigerian university or poly call 08117666159[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Bigwig1: 11:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
Apostolic Church Grammar sch."Apolo"
Pastor Adegboyegba Memorial Primary sch. Ketu
Kosofe College Ketu
Alpha plus ketu
Amazing Grace Ketu
Temitope Ketu
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by obyikye(f): 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2014
I thought as much, Abti junior is very expensive!
Abbey2sam: Haba!! This fees are too outrageous

Abti junior academy is suppose to be on this list

Abti junior academy is under America university of Nigeria own by Atiku Abubakar, former VP of Nigeria........

The school is located in Adamawa state
Re: Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Kingslaw(m): 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

They don't write Waec and Neco.....
what did they write then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Direct Entry Candidates 2013/2014. Let Us Meet Here / Olabisi Onabanjo University 2012/2013 Admission / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.