Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents (43335 Views)

A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine / Check Our Church Doctrine And Join Us / Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
mbaemeka:

The keywords are 'partakers of the sufferings of christ' or 'afflictions for the GOSPEL'. The afflictions/persecutions/tribulations/impoverishment/incarceration/labelling etc. Should be for the GOSPEL'S sake and nothing else.

If we are partaking of christs sufferings then we ought to suffer what Christ suffered and nothing more and it has to be for the reason he suffered- which is because of his convictions.

Did Christ suffer sickness? Did Christ suffer 'poverty' by virtue of his birth or because of the gospel? Was Christ subject to the principles of the world?

Then we cannot teach people to accept such things except they are in tandem with the gospel or the preaching of it. Epaphroditus didn't take care of himself well and took ill BECAUSE of the work of the ministry. Paul told us that much and that's a worthy example.

At the risk of being misunderstood by you, I will still like to shed some light on the errors of your thinking.

There is no such thing as "subject to the principles of this world" in all the bible. Such a thing a New Age doctrine; it has no foundation in the word of God. This New Age or eastern doctrine teaches that believers should not be subject to the caprices of life or principles of this world. Rather we should use God's power within us to make life subject to us. It teaches that we, not God, should determine our own destiny. We cannot allow things to just hit us down; rather we should bring our world under our control by our confession and by our beliefs. I repeat that this doctrine is demonic and from the very depths of hell.

Before I proceed, let me offer a balance.

Christians can suffer persecution for their faith in Christ. Christians can also suffer illness and poverty because they dwell in a fallen body and are subject to the economy of this world. In spite of this reality, God is merciful to the Christian because God is first of all our Father. I am a father; and in spite of my weakness, I know my good plans for my kids. How much more God and Jesus testifies to this: that God will grant our requests. So what happens in case of sickness and poverty? The truth is that the number one anti dote to poverty is not faith or confession. Its plain hard work. If Mr Christian spent his youth in school, grabbed a good degree and trusted God to order his steps, he would not suffer in life. He would not be poor. God would ensure he is well taken care of. Simple. Just like any other non Christian.

If Mr Christian does not abuse his body, does exercises, eats well and trust God, he would not be sick.

However, in spite of Mr Christian's hard work and good eating, Mr Christian can still hit life's visiccitude. What should he do then? Mr Christian must trust God. Please notice that the unbeliever can do all that the Christian can do, except to trust God. That's what distinguishes them. If Mr Christian then hits challenges concerning his health and wealth, what does he do? HE SHOULD TRUST GOD!!!

So that the New Testament has made abundant provision for the poor Christian. A Christian who was not irresponsible but suddenly hits financial challenge must have his wants supplied by the brethren in church (2cor 8: 13-14). Our abundance must supply his want. When he is OK, he could then give to others who lack too. There is nothing wrong with a poor Christian but there is everything wrong with a stingy church. This is the recommendation of the NT!

What happens to an ill Christian? James 5, we call the elders of the church who should pray for him. The prayer of faith will save the sick.

God is sovereign and it pleases him to deal with us all, in this path of sanctification, in the way he chooses. Through any trial he deems fit. The minute we begin to choose what we want as challenges or suffering - saying we want persecution and not health or financial challenge - we cease to make him Lord over us; rather we become a clay that dictates to the Porter. That is the tragedy of this New Age doctrine called Word of Faith!

And, yes, the Christian suffering can include persecution for the faith but it is not limited to that. The NT has abundant evidence that Christians can be poor. Lazarus was poor and Jesus spoke well about him. Jesus referred to himself as poor, having no roof over himself or a place to lay his head. Jesus identified with the poor in Matthew 25. James advised we should not despise the poor. Peter and Paul differed in ministry but agreed to take care of poor Christians in Galatians 2. Many Christians were ill, including Timothy and Epaphroditus. Job was poor and ill. In their bid to credit their gospel, WOF despises the poor and shames the sick. WOF hates Job with a passion but in spite of their hatred, Job remains a leading prophet of scripture God said he spoke well of Him.

The subtle distinction between the Christian faith and the Word of Faith is that the former submits to God; while the latter dictates to God. The former consider God as Lord; the latter makes God an errand boy and transforms man to god. The former is the truth of the gospel; the latter is New Age and it is down right demonic.

mbaemeka stop the deception!!!

3 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
^^^

I believe the very first posts, F1, treated this subject extensively. It will be nice if those with opposing views read them and offer their objections, if there are any.

Below I paste the summary on my post on F1:

DrummaBoy:

It is clear that the teachings of Napoleon Hill are a perverted dimension of the biblical faith. Mr Hill at some point in that chapter actually defined faith using the Mark 11:24 definition but it is clear that while the bible faith is a gift given to men by God, Hill faith is one that you work up to obtain your desires. In this, Hill and his counterparts were dishonest for they refused to give credit to the place, scriptures, were they got the concept of faith from. Their own type of faith is a faith anyone can exercise, Regardless of creed. They have simply widened the way to God, a way that leads to destruction.

Except for this, Hill and his New Thought friends are largely honest. They hardly claimed they were teaching biblical thoughts. The real dishonest folks are the WOF folks who took Hill's teachings, traced them to them to the bible and began to call it the Christian gospel. One thing Hill did not mention in his write up was the efficacy of these teachings. Make no doubt about it, the practice of these teaching produce tremendous results. Hill himself would never have been poor, selling millions in bestsellers, advising US Presidents, etc. It worked for his health too, living to 87years but could these teachings redeem his soul?

Testimonies abound of people using these principles to birth real health and wealth but are they Christian? Note also Hill frequent use of the word PRINCIPLE, it is actually from New Thoughts that WOF adherents get the word principles and laws from and not the bible. Because while scripture teaches principles, it shows that they apply to Christians mostly. Hill insist anyone can apply and get result from these principles.

When I was growing up, it was not unusual to see Muslims and stark agnostics with Hill's books. Some Christians also read them. With the aim, like he says, to get rich. Is that a Christian purpose. I really do hope that our readers have been able to see that the root of all these forces of faith that is producing tremendous results for folks in our time is as actually metaphysical. These are what eastern religionist teach their people to make success of life and the worst part of it is that these things work. Deceiving the gullible to adopt them as religious practices.

The gospel calls Christians to live by faith and not by result. The biblical faith is miles apart and different from the faith of Mr Hill and WOF. The Christian faith comes by hearing God's word and not by vibration in the subconscious that came through auto suggestions. We have inadvertantly introduced New Age teachings into the Christian Church without knowing it. Today, Sunday, millions of people will listen to a minister teach them Napoleon Hill's gospel, backed up with testimonies of results, thinking they have listened to Christ gospel. These folks are simply deceived.

I trust that our readers have comprehended and are able to distinguish true biblical faith from these auto suggested sort of faith.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 9:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
trustman:

[size=16pt]MY SUBMISION ON F1: FAITH IN FAITH OR FAITH AS A FORCE[/size]

On Napoleon Hill - 

A look at Napoleon Hill's statement (or is it definition?) on FAITH shows that he refers to FAITH as a state of mind which may be induced, or created, by affirmation or repeated instructions to the subconscious mind, through the principle of autosuggestion. 
Notice he said it is induced, or created by affirmation or repeated instructions to the subconscious mind. 
Notice also how it is done - through the principle of autosuggestion. Now, autosuggestion is defined by the dictionary to be "influencing of one's own attitudes, behavior, or physical condition by mental processes other than conscious thought: self-hypnosis". 
In all these: affirmation, repeated instructions (to the subconscious mind), autosuggestion, the focus is on the individual and what he can achieve using the 'mind'. 

According to him "Repetition of affirmation of orders to your subconscious mind is the only known method of voluntary development of the emotion of faith". 
So, to him, repetitive affirmations (declarations) to the subconscious mind develops faith. But how did the Bible say faith comes?
When he says "All thoughts which have been ... ... mixed with faith, begin immediately to translate themselves into their physical equivalent or counterpart" he means the actions in the mind bring about the physical realities the person who uses this faith principle desires. 
So to him, the subconscious mind is that through which "any desire you wish (is) translated into its physical, or monetary equivalent". He goes on then to say that it is "in a state of expectancy or BELIEF that transmutation will actually take place"
In all these, it is man that is at work in his mind to create whatever realities he wants. 
To Napoleon Hill FAITH is what brings about the desired realities. Not faith in God but faith in FAITH. Just develop faith, exercise it, use it and you will get what you want. 
He says also that "This is why you are asked to write out a statement of your major purpose, or Definite Chief Aim, commit it to memory, and repeat it, in audible words, day after day, until these vibrations of sound have reached your subconscious mind". 
So we see here that 'vibrations of sounds' getting to the subconscious are what is relied upon. Do you see how this ties up with the 'power of the spoken word' of WoF?

He states that "this formula is a law of Nature which no man has yet been able to explain. It has baffled the scientist of all ages. The psychologists have named this law " autosuggestion", and let it go at that ... ... ... The name by which one calls this law is of little importance. The important fact about it is ... ... ... it WORKS for the glory and success of mankind, if it is used constructively". 
We see here that the faith he talks about is a formula or a 'law of Nature'. It is for the 'glory' of mankind. To him the name by which the law is called is of little importance, so the user of the 'law' can use any suitable name to make it fit into his belief system as long the formula is still followed and applied. So the WoF can simply change the name to suit their Christian bias but still retain essentially the same principles. 
As evidence of those he claim used the power of FAITH he put at the head "the Nazarene" apparently referring to Jesus Christ (?). He went on to mention Christianity's basis as FAITH even though he says "people may have perverted, or misinterpreted the meaning of this great force". 
To him then FAITH is a "great force". 

He claims the achievements of Christ said to be "miracle" were done by FAITH. He says: "If there are any such phenomenon as "miracles" they are produced only through the state of the mind known as FAITH!". To him: "some teachers of religion, and many who call themselves Christians, neither understand nor practice FAITH". 
So it is the state of the mind (FAITH) that produces miracles. Even Christians don't understand FAITH as he (Napoleon  Hill) does. 

This Napoleon Hill's 'FAITH' can be demonstrated by anyone. Mahatma Gandhi , of India used its 'power' in "influencing two hundred million minds" and Charles Schwab of the United States Steel Corporation also used "his FAITH, his DESIRE, his IMAGINATION, his PERSISTENCE" to create the giant organization. 

We see here that the 'FAITH' Napoleon Hill talks about is created from the human mind. Anyone can use it irrespective of his religious (or irreligious) inclination. This Napoleon Hill's  'FAITH' does not look like TRUST in God or His Word. It is man generated and man-centered. Biblical faith is God-centered and it is God's Word that builds up faith in the believer. Unfortunately the 'teaching' of this man - Napoleon Hill - has found expressions in the church through pastors who have imbibed its philosophy. Hill himself claimed that guides from other "dimension" gave him "supreme secret" to the world. Who can these ones from other "dimension" be? Angels or demons? What new thing - "supreme secret" - is being offered to mankind that the Bible didn't give us? 

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 3:23am On Aug 27, 2014
Reserved
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by italo: 7:34am On Aug 27, 2014
alentyno:

There is no point arguing this one with you because your definition of church (ie the physical structure is more important than the spiritual structure) and mine (the spiritual structure is and will always be more important than the physical structure anytime anyday!) are both parallel and opposite.

I believe in holy eucharist, holy penance, holy orders, baptism, confirmation etc. Read my sentence again it says 'some'. If you still confused consult the dictionary to check out the meaning.
Yes.what is mightily wrong in your eyes is I alentyno refuse to be stupid in reciting 'the hail mary' 53 times while I only say 'the lord's prayer' only 6 times in the course of praying the rosary and yet still foolishly and dumbly claim that I reverence Jesus christ more than mary. Its dumb.

2. I can't greet catholics 'ave maria' 90 percent of the time I run into them thus rarely saying 'praise God' and still claim the reverence I have for Jesus is greater than that for mary. Delusion is the last thing I will ever buy in my life.

If for example I was born into an RCCG family and I grow up to know Jesus christ, believe in him, live according to his standards, abhor pride of life and lust of the flesh, be steadfast and prayerful all my life, pay my tithe, give alms to the poor, strive with all my might to live a holy (and thus achieve it in the process) and last but not the least win souls for Him through evangelization. Remember I did all these without believing in the rosary, pulgatory nor praying to saints and all that due to my christain background. If I die today(in a holy state) where will I go? Heaven or hell?
Answer this question or don't ever quote me again!.......syncan, candour, pastoroluT salC, francistony, babestell et all you're needed for this particular question

The bolded just won award for 'the most delusioned lie of the century'. Clap for yourself

Answer this---- is it ALL OF THEM? Ie 100% of all pentecostals? Remember if you dont have any answer, then forget about deviating from the question thus explaining what you were not asked. Don't just quote me!

I know you're trying all you can to drive home your point but my dear sire even the devil knows that the only reason why you have been able to indulge in debates with atheists and protestants is mostly due your diligence in studying the bible.
Remember the catholic church takes nothing less than 2 years to cover the bible due to the fact that their approach towards God's word is that of a kid who was given the license to eat a plate of rice yet the kid prefers to 'count-eat' it grain by grain. If you doubt the stat, ask your priest

You need to be one. Your sincerity and eagerness to study God's word can't just waste away like that!

How many churches did Jesus found?

Are you saying the Catholic Church teaches false doctrines?

Can God's Church teach false doctrine?

A member of RCCG can go to heaven if he lives right according to his conscience...if he doesn't willfully reject the Catholic Church despite knowing that it is the one true Church.

What about non-Christians who do same...do they go to heaven or hell?

100% of protestants are taught partial truth. If you think even 1% teaches the fullness of truth, show me the 1%...?

You say we cover the bible in 2yrs. I say thats good...since it took Jesus 3yrs to preach the gospel. protestants hardly ever cover the bible. If you insist they do then tell me the duration it takes them...?

You believe that a Catholic's sincerity and bible study are wasted if he is not in Catholic Charismatic Renewal?

I have given clear and short answers to your questions. Now let's see if you can answer me the same way.

4 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by BabaGnoni: 8:00am On Aug 27, 2014
God is denomination agnostic,
furthermore that Ignatius' "ekklesia katholicos" phrase was hijacked for political and personal gains to mean something else.
- note even Ignatius didn't use "church" but rather assembly to imply a universal vertical relationship/fellowship with God
- the "ekklesia katholicos" phrase was first used and found in Chapter 8 of Ignatius' Epistle to the Smyrnaeans

The "ancestry and lineage of the modern day Christian" as we presently know it, is public knowledge

1) Jesus never founded a church.
What is 100% certain, is, He said He will build "ekklesia" (i.e. Matthew 16:18) and not "church"
"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, a small rock
and upon the large rock I will build my congregation
{Gr. ekklesia – called out ones},
and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against her."
- Matthew 16:18 Jubilee Bible 2000

2) The word "Church", in letter and/or substance, clearly metamorphosed from "ekklesia"
- Someone assisted and aided RCC get the prominence status it claims
- Another someone had strong vested interest and a lot to gain in changing the meaning of "ekklesia" from congregation to "church"
- Someone with accomplice(s) made the transition(s) from "ekklesia" (i.e. called out to assemble) to "church"

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by alentyno: 10:13am On Aug 27, 2014
italo:

How many churches did Jesus found?
One. Before you jump up, remember our definitions are opposite and parallel.

Are you saying the Catholic Church teaches false doctrines?

They teach false dogmas

Can God's Church teach false doctrine? dogma

As long as it is physically ran by fallible mortals, it is not impossible for them to teach false dogmas either knowingly or unknowingly.
Why do christians pray this line 'God please forgive for the sins we committed knowingly and unknowingly'

A member of RCCG can go to heaven if he lives right according to his conscience...if he doesn't willfully reject the Catholic Church [s]despite knowing that it is the one true Church[/s] despite the church refusing to prove their manipulative and self-serving dogmas true.

*Fixed

I answered this in a certain thread
alentyno: The answer to the question is in Romans 2:12
Listen People sin against the revelation
they have, not by the revelation they do not have.
God will judge people according to the light they
have (1:19-20), not according to the light they do
not possess.
God operates under no false distinction. There is
no advantage to the Jew for merely possession of
the Law when it comes to how God judges sin. He
will judge both Jew and Gentile equally and by a
fair standard. God’s judgment measures lives
based on actuality. In this case,
not that their condemnation and perdition will be
illegal, or not in due course of law; but it will not
proceed upon, or according to the law of Moses,
they never had; and much less for not believing in Christ, of whom they never heard; but their
perdition will be for their sins committed without
the law of Moses, against the law of nature: their
not having the written law of Moses will be no
plea in their favour, or be a reason why they
should not be condemned; their persons will not
be regarded as with or without the law, but their
sins committed by them, to which facts their
consciences will bear witness

100% of protestants are taught partial truth. If you think even 1% teaches the fullness of truth, show me the 1%...?[/q
uote]
Define 'partial truth'.

[quote]You say we cover the bible in 2yrs. I say thats good...since it took Jesus 3yrs to preach the gospel.
The bolded is a dumb reason to give.

protestants hardly ever cover the bible.

'Fallacy of the century'. Go check out the back page of ODM.

If you insist they do then tell me the duration it takes them...?
Maximum of 1 year for the serious ones.

You believe that a Catholic's sincerity and bible study are wasted if he is not in Catholic Charismatic Renewal?

NO

I have given clear and short answers to your questions. Now let's see if you can answer me the same way.
I have.

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Syncan(m): 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
alentyno, you brought me to this thread, how may I be of help?... ehm...That's apart from measuring the respect I have for my Dad against the one I have for my mum, based on the number of times I call their names per day. cheesy
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by alentyno: 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
Syncan: alentyno, you brought me to this thread, how may I be of help?... ehm...That's apart from measuring the respect I have for my Dad against the one I have for my mum, based on the number of times I call their names per day. cheesy
cheesy anyways you saw the question I asked.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Syncan(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
alentyno:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do
not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but
who nevertheless seek God with a sincere
heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions
to do his will as they know it through the
dictates of their conscience - those too may
achieve eternal salvation. 337

848 "Although in ways known to himself God
can lead those who, through no fault of their
own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith
without which it is impossible to please him, the
Church still has the obligation and also the
sacred right to evangelize all men." 338

This is the teaching of the Catholic church, do you know this?
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Syncan(m): 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
alentyno:

838 "The Church knows that she is joined in
many ways to the baptized who are honored by
the name of Christian, but do not profess the
Catholic faith in its entirety or have not
preserved unity or communion under the
successor of Peter." 322

Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." 323

With the Orthodox Churches , this communion is so profound "that it lacks little to attain the
fullness that would permit a common
celebration of the Lord's Eucharist." 324

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 12:02am On Aug 28, 2014
DrummaBoy:

At the risk of being misunderstood by you, I will still like to shed some light on the errors of your thinking.

There is no such thing as "subject to the principles of this world" in all the bible. Such a thing a New Age doctrine; it has no foundation in the word of God. This New Age or eastern doctrine teaches that believers should not be subject to the caprices of life or principles of this world. Rather we should use God's power within us to make life subject to us. It teaches that we, not God, should determine our own destiny. We cannot allow things to just hit us down; rather we should bring our world under our control by our confession and by our beliefs. I repeat that this doctrine is demonic and from the very depths of hell.

Before I proceed, let me offer a balance.

Christians can suffer persecution for their faith in Christ. Christians can also suffer illness and poverty because they dwell in a fallen body and are subject to the economy of this world. In spite of this reality, God is merciful to the Christian because God is first of all our Father. I am a father; and in spite of my weakness, I know my good plans for my kids. How much more God and Jesus testifies to this: that God will grant our requests. So what happens in case of sickness and poverty? The truth is that the number one anti dote to poverty is not faith or confession. Its plain hard work. If Mr Christian spent his youth in school, grabbed a good degree and trusted God to order his steps, he would not suffer in life. He would not be poor. God would ensure he is well taken care of. Simple. Just like any other non Christian.

If Mr Christian does not abuse his body, does exercises, eats well and trust God, he would not be sick.

However, in spite of Mr Christian's hard work and good eating, Mr Christian can still hit life's visiccitude. What should he do then? Mr Christian must trust God. Please notice that the unbeliever can do all that the Christian can do, except to trust God. That's what distinguishes them. If Mr Christian then hits challenges concerning his health and wealth, what does he do? HE SHOULD TRUST GOD!!!

So that the New Testament has made abundant provision for the poor Christian. A Christian who was not irresponsible but suddenly hits financial challenge must have his wants supplied by the brethren in church (2cor 8: 13-14). Our abundance must supply his want. When he is OK, he could then give to others who lack too. There is nothing wrong with a poor Christian but there is everything wrong with a stingy church. This is the recommendation of the NT!

What happens to an ill Christian? James 5, we call the elders of the church who should pray for him. The prayer of faith will save the sick.

God is sovereign and it pleases him to deal with us all, in this path of sanctification, in the way he chooses. Through any trial he deems fit. The minute we begin to choose what we want as challenges or suffering - saying we want persecution and not health or financial challenge - we cease to make him Lord over us; rather we become a clay that dictates to the Porter. That is the tragedy of this New Age doctrine called Word of Faith!

And, yes, the Christian suffering can include persecution for the faith but it is not limited to that. The NT has abundant evidence that Christians can be poor. Lazarus was poor and Jesus spoke well about him. Jesus referred to himself as poor, having no roof over himself or a place to lay his head. Jesus identified with the poor in Matthew 25. James advised we should not despise the poor. Peter and Paul differed in ministry but agreed to take care of poor Christians in Galatians 2. Many Christians were ill, including Timothy and Epaphroditus. Job was poor and ill. In their bid to credit their gospel, WOF despises the poor and shames the sick. WOF hates Job with a passion but in spite of their hatred, Job remains a leading prophet of scripture God said he spoke well of Him.

The subtle distinction between the Christian faith and the Word of Faith is that the former submits to God; while the latter dictates to God. The former consider God as Lord; the latter makes God an errand boy and transforms man to god. The former is the truth of the gospel; the latter is New Age and it is down right demonic.

mbaemeka stop the deception!!!

The greatest challenge we are faced with is the presence of ignorant folks that have arrogated the right to pick and choose what they think is demonic and what is not. For some of these ignorant folks if it matches their experiences it is truth (regardless of it is word-based or not) and if it doesn't match their experiences (even if it is very word-based) it is demonic.

We are only faced with one mission and that is to show them as much of the word of God as possible and pray that the Holy Spirit; the master teacher, will help convey these truths to them and if not, that the other folks whose faiths might be shaky would not be swayed by their deception and gross ignorance.

Joshua 1:8 was very instructive. It teaches that we are to keep speaking the word of God consistently- every day and night so that we would observe to do all that is written therein. It says that by so doing 'we' and not 'God' will make our way prosperous and then have good success.

Merely looking at the trail of events shows where the cart is and where the horse should be. First, we Speak the words. Next, the speaking causes us to observe what is written (e.g being diligent, working hard, praying etc). And then by so doing we make our way prosperous and we experience good success.

It is very clear that the speaking of the word precedes the hardwork as against the "speaking the word, confessions or faith doesn't make one successful. . .plain hardwork does" as these ignoramuses would have us believe. Also interesting is the fact that these notion isn't singular all through scripture and was repeated ad nauseam almost verbatim from the OT to the NT. It therefore beggars belief that some would call it a new age teaching and even go even further to call it demonic.

In Psalms 1:1-3, The very same teaching is expressed in clear words- the speaking of the word yields the observance which in turn yields the prosperity. The Psalmist even makes a stack comparison between the believer and the unbeliever in this instance and even brazenly declares that the unbeliever will not act so and thereby not experience it (vv.4). So we are forced to ask ourselves who to believe: the word or the ignoramuses- and of course, your guess is as good as mine.

On the notion of wealth, these ignoramuses claim "there is nothing wrong with a poor christian; the only thing that is wrong is a stingy church". While I agree with the latter aspect of the sentence, I beg to differ with the first and that is because it is not scriptural. A poor christian is as much as dangerous as a sinful one and the reason is simple- they act as though Christ died for nothing. Of course, it is possible for one to live as though poor because of the gospel. That is commendable and similar to the decisions of bulk of the early Christians. But it is a lie for anyone to claim that God makes anyone poor as a way to test them. That is very unscriptural and demonic.

God has given us his word to go by. He has told us what to expect and what to reject out-rightly. We know that poverty, diseases and sicknesses are not from God same way we know sin is not from him. The same way we are taught to flee from sin is the same way we are to flee from the consequences of sin of which poverty, diseases and death are 3 of the chief consequences.

Without a doubt the NT does mention that a christian could be poor but not that the Christian SHOULD be- it is a matter of choice. Lazarus (who wasn't a Christian at the time Jesus spoke of him) was poor and remained poor in the eyes of the rich man even while at Abraham's bossom. The rich man that died and went to hell asked Abraham to send Lazarus to dip his hand into water and let him get a taste of it. It is actually laughable how the rich man didn't ask Abraham to do so himself, instead he asked him to tell Lazarus- the same poor man Lazarus that he knew while on earth grin grin.

Speaking of Jesus, he was not poor as some of these ignoramuses assert neither did he refer himself as so. He had a house (John 1:37), and was responsible for feeding so many people during his stay on earth. He paid his taxes as and when due and he had a viable means of livelihood and so did his other disciples.

Certainly, he identified with the poor and encouraged that they should be helped even as his disciples continued to teach so. I am aware of a lot of charitable works that many of today's churches are involved in to help the poor. Some of these works make the state appear incompetent and we are admonished as christians to support instead of defame them as some ignorant folks have done to their own peril.

Another worrisome idea being peddled amongst these ignorant folks is the "many Christians were sick" doctrine. That is an outright lie and an insult to the cross of Jesus. Indeed, the notion of sicknesses was expected to be an anomaly that James had to ask the brethren if any sick person was still amongst them. Then he recommended the use of the prayer of faith by the elders. The isolated instances of Timothy and Epaphroditus only shows us the importance of proper hygiene even as we live by faith, for we are not ignorant of the devices of the devil.

Speaking of Job, his life's testimony is ample proof that God can use any seemingly unfortunate situation to bring forth his goodness as long as we stay true to our faith in him- by speaking and acting his word. Job's patience and faith exemplifies exactly what Paul taught in Hebrews 6:12 and that is exactly what we endeavor to teach others as against the "your reward is ONLY in heaven gospel" that some try to sell.

From the foregoing we can tell that even though life or the devil can throw different challenges at us all regardless of our faiths. We are responsible for the way we choose to react to the challenges. While some pretend that they leave everything in God's sovereign hands; we can tell how feigned such acts are as we see this same lot talk about how plain hard work overrides the meditation of God's word. For others, they have known to rightfully divide the word and thereby knowing which situations require praying, using the name of Jesus, speaking the word or letting them go with the consciousness that they are already more than conquerors through it all. And in each situation this group always gives the glory and thanks to God through Jesus- the author and finisher of faith.

In conclusion, the obvious distinction between these Christians who act their faiths and the ignoramuses is that the former have believed and meditated so much on the word of God that the results are already evident in their lives-they prosper, dwell in health, heal the sick, feed the poor and show forth the fruits of the spirit- love, joy, peace etc. While the latter, rationalize the word so much that they have no faith and therefore do not act on the word. They in its stead, house bitterness, envy, jealousy and hatred for the former just like Joseph's brothers did him. They are required for the formers promotion and advancement (albeit oblivious to them).
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 3:44am On Aug 28, 2014
What God Owes Us

By Cindy Hess Kasper

Walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him. —
Colossians 1:10

A story is told about a vendor
who sold bagels for 50 cents each at a street
corner food stand. A jogger ran past and threw a
couple of quarters into the bucket but didn’t take
a bagel. He did the same thing every day for
months. One day, as the jogger was passing by,
the vendor stopped him. The jogger asked, “You
probably want to know why I always put money
in but never take a bagel, don’t you?” “No,” said
the vendor. “I just wanted to tell you that the
bagels have gone up to 60 cents.”

Too often, as believers, we treat God with that same kind of attitude. Not only are we ungrateful for what He’s given us—but we want more. Somehow we feel
that God owes us good health, a comfortable life,
material blessings. Of course, God doesn’t owe us
anything, yet He gives us everything. G. K.
Chesterton wrote, “Here dies another day, during
which I have had eyes, ears, hands, and the great
world round me. And with tomorrow begins
another. Why am I allowed two?” The psalmist
said, “This is the day the Lord has made; we will
rejoice and be glad in it” ( Ps. 118:24 ). Each day,
whether good or bad, is one more gift from our
God. Our grateful response should be to live to
please Him.

www.preceptaustin.org/colossians_110.htm#1:10

I found the above quote in my study. Again, I thought it would be relevant to the discourse so far.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by alentyno: 4:24am On Aug 28, 2014
Syncan:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do
not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but
who nevertheless seek God with a sincere
heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions
to do his will as they know it through the
dictates of their conscience - those too may
achieve eternal salvation. 337

848 "Although in ways known to himself God
can lead those who, through no fault of their
own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith
without which it is impossible to please him, the
Church still has the obligation and also the
sacred right to evangelize all men.
" 338

For a start the bolded is only in print. Apart from the CCRN I have never (despite having worshiped in 3 separate dioceses) seen where we as a church went out to evangelize.
Even if I never knew such things were in the 'Canon Code of Conducts', I knew it had to be so!
Here is the proof
italo:

alentyno: The answer to the question is in Romans 2:12
Listen People sin against the revelation
they have, not by the revelation they do not have.
God will judge people according to the light they
have (1:19-20), not according to the light they do
not possess.
God operates under no false distinction. There is
no advantage to the Jew for merely possession of
the Law when it comes to how God judges sin. He
will judge both Jew and Gentile equally and by a
fair standard. God’s judgment measures lives
based on actuality. In this case,
not that their condemnation and perdition will be
illegal, or not in due course of law; but it will not
proceed upon, or according to the law of Moses,
they never had; and much less for not believing in Christ, of whom they never heard; but their
perdition will be for their sins committed without
the law of Moses, against the law of nature: their
not having the written law of Moses will be no
plea in their favour, or be a reason why they
should not be condemned; their persons will not
be regarded as with or without the law, but their
sins committed by them, to which facts their
consciences will bear witness
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by alentyno: 4:36am On Aug 28, 2014
Syncan:

838 "The Church knows that she is joined in
many ways to the baptized who are honored by
the name of Christian, but do not profess the
Catholic faith in its entirety or have not
preserved unity or communion under the
successor of Peter." 322

Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." 323

With the Orthodox Churches , this communion is so profound "that it lacks little to attain the
fullness that would permit a common
celebration of the Lord's Eucharist." 324

despite the fact that I have never been taught this nor seen it, if you scan through my posts you will find out I believed in such maxims( whether they were written down or not) because anybody with half a brain suppossed to!. That's why I have appeared to be a kinda strange catholic faithful because I don't buy that bullshit of 'we are the one and only ultimate church'. Sometimes you just have to be honest with yourself. I once said this to someone

The church Jesus christ created is WE (the united body of christians worldwide who serve Him in truth and in spirit) not 'the buildings and the tiles'. Get this into your brain

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by nannymcphee(f): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2014
italo:

alentyno:

syncan:

pls ur posts has nothing to do with this thread, this is akin to derailing

This thread is about word of faith & not the catholic canon or dogmas

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Syncan(m): 7:41am On Aug 28, 2014
alentyno:
For a start the bolded is only in print. Apart from the CCRN I have never (despite having worshiped in 3 separate dioceses) seen where we as a church went out to evangelize.
Even if I never knew such things were in the 'Canon Code of Conducts', I knew it had to be so!
Here is the proof

What do you understand by "to evangelize"?

Now, that was from the Catechism of the Catholic church and not any "canon code of conduct". If you want to make accusations against the church you claim to belong to, at least you should know what she teaches.

@ nannymcphee, I agree with you, alentyno pls take note, you may want to move the discuss else where. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by alentyno: 9:02am On Aug 28, 2014
Syncan:

What do you understand by "to evangelize"?

Now, that was from the Catechism of the Catholic church and not any "canon code of conduct". If you want to make accusations against the church you claim to belong to, at least you should know what she teaches.

That was a mistake. I sometimes do interchange both. Due to the CCC abbreviation
@nanny pls don't be annoyed. This should be my last unless italo agrees to open the thread he proposed. *i wonder what's stopping him*

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 9:14am On Aug 28, 2014
nannymcphee:

pls ur posts has nothing to do with this thread, this is akin to derailing

This thread is about word of faith & not the catholic canon or dogmas

Thanks

I support this motion.

Can syncan, italo and alentyno open a new thread for their discussion?

Thank you as you comply with the humble request.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Candour(m): 10:14am On Aug 28, 2014
mbaemeka: The greatest challenge we are faced with is the presence of ignorant folks that have arrogated the right to pick and choose what they think is demonic and what is not. For some of these ignorant folks if it matches their experiences it is truth (regardless of it is word-based or not) and if it doesn't match their experiences (even if it is very word-based) it is demonic.

While i think we've said all there is to say on this issue, its important to note that both divides are guilty of this idea. In fact you said something along this line that is the below

mbaemeka: God told Paul he was to suffer for the gospel. God didn't tell mbaemeka that he was to suffer for the gospel. God told me to prosper for the gospel. Amen.

Before making the adjustment below some posts ago

mbaemeka: I also believe in suffering for the gospel but maybe not as some of you would have us believe. Indeed, I too suffer lack from time because of one need or the other in God's house.

We all keep growing everyday

We are only faced with one mission and that is to show them as much of the word of God as possible and pray that the Holy Spirit; the master teacher, will help convey these truths to them and if not, that the other folks whose faiths might be shaky would not be swayed by their deception and gross ignorance.

There are things we will not understand till we meet Christ in glory and in incorruption. This includes the mega MOGs'. Moses told the Israelites this much

Deuteronomy 29:29 KJV
The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

We all including you and all mog must know this. For instance, how do you explain all the disciples dying violent deaths except John?

Joshua 1:8 was very instructive. It teaches that we are to keep speaking the word of God consistently- every day and night so that we would observe to do all that is written therein. It says that by so doing 'we' and not 'God' will make our way prosperous and then have good success.

Merely looking at the trail of events shows where the cart is and where the horse should be. First, we Speak the words. Next, the speaking causes us to observe what is written (e.g being diligent, working hard, praying etc). And then by so doing we make our way prosperous and we experience good success.

Joshua didn't say "word of God". He said "book of the law"

Joshua 1:8 KJV
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

This scripture speaks exclusively to the Jews because it talks about obeying the laws of Moses diligently otherwise there would he punishments. It was a works based admonition. Does any Christian observe and obey the laws of Moses carefully and diligently today?

It is very clear that the speaking of the word precedes the hardwork as against the "speaking the word, confessions or faith doesn't make one successful. . .plain hardwork does" as these ignoramuses would have us believe. Also interesting is the fact that these notion isn't singular all through scripture and was repeated ad nauseam almost verbatim from the OT to the NT. It therefore beggars belief that some would call it a new age teaching and even go even further to call it demonic.

In Psalms 1:1-3, The very same teaching is expressed in clear words- the speaking of the word yields the observance which in turn yields the prosperity. The Psalmist even makes a stack comparison between the believer and the unbeliever in this instance and even brazenly declares that the unbeliever will not act so and thereby not experience it (vv.4). So we are forced to ask ourselves who to believe: the word or the ignoramuses- and of course, your guess is as good as mine.

What is the prosperity the psalmist was talking about there? Is it the same thing like what the world (and the modern church) call prosperity today?

What do you make of this scripture below?

Proverbs 30:7-9 KJV
Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die: [8] Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: [9] Lest I be full, and deny thee , and say, Who is the Lord ? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain .

Do you think the writer was speaking faithless words?

Also, What does Christ mean by this?

Matthew 5:45 KJV
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Does God discrimate in the sending of his blessings to the earth and the peoples on it? Methinks this explains why even hardened atheists enjoy the prosperity and riches which the 'church' is chasing madly after today.

On the notion of wealth, these ignoramuses claim "there is nothing wrong with a poor christian; the only thing that is wrong is a stingy church". While I agree with the latter aspect of the sentence, I beg to differ with the first and that is because it is not scriptural. A poor christian is as much as dangerous as a sinful one and the reason is simple- they act as though Christ died for nothing. Of course, it is possible for one to live as though poor because of the gospel. That is commendable and similar to the decisions of bulk of the early Christians. But it is a lie for anyone to claim that God makes anyone poor as a way to test them. That is very unscriptural and demonic.

You call people ignoramuses but you make some ignorant contradictions in your own post. Contrast the statement in black with the one in blue. How do they agree? How did the early Christians 'live as though they were poor'? The scripture even records that those in Macedonia who gave, also had deep poverty.

2 Corinthians 8:2 KJV
How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.

What is wealth? How do you measure it?

What is poverty? How do you measure it?

How do you classify the early Christians?

I would also not agree with the notion that God makes some people people poor to test them.

God has given us his word to go by. He has told us what to expect and what to reject out-rightly. We know that poverty, diseases and sicknesses are not from God same way we know sin is not from him. The same way we are taught to flee from sin is the same way we are to flee from the consequences of sin of which poverty, diseases and death are 3 of the chief consequences.

We were asked to flee from sin, not poverty, diseases and death because no human being needs to be told to flee from poverty, diseases and death. Its inbuilt in us all. All humans are wired to hate them. Christians, Muslims and atheists all hate these three phenomena. Sin isn't in the same class because the natural man loves to sin. Sin is 'pleasurable'. Infact the sons of Adam are wired to enjoy sin.

Pls don't equate them to each other or put them in the same class for that is misleading.

Without a doubt the NT does mention that a christian could be poor but not that the Christian SHOULD be- it is a matter of choice. Lazarus (who wasn't a Christian at the time Jesus spoke of him) was poor and remained poor in the eyes of the rich man even while at Abraham's bossom. The rich man that died and went to hell asked Abraham to send Lazarus to dip his hand into water and let him get a taste of it. It is actually laughable how the rich man didn't ask Abraham to do so himself, instead he asked him to tell Lazarus- the same poor man Lazarus that he knew while on earth grin grin.

@the bolded is all the truth we need to know. A Christian could indeed be poor and no where in the bible is it remotely suggested that such is "dangerous to the gospel". That is at best a vain statement and at worst a horribly deceptive lie. If we agree with the quote, honesty demands we refer to the early Christians whom you said decided to be poor for the gospel as "dangerous to the gospel they worked tirelessly to propagate".

Also, no where does the bible teach that a christian should be poor neither has anybody said so on this thread. If anyone has said that, then he's totally wrong. If none has, then that statement is very cheap blackmail. What I believe this thread has said is to stop despising or looking down on the poor and to avoid statements like "the poor is dangerous to the gospel".

The rich man referred to Abraham as father and only an insane man will send his father on such an errand. He rightly chose Lazarus who could be an equal or subordinate. It wasn't because he thought Lazarus was the poor one. In fact, if at that stage, he still saw Lazarus as poor, then we know what an irredeemable and deluded clown he was. The conclusion you drew that he still saw Lazarus as that is strictly your personal opinion and has no basis in scriptures.

Speaking of Jesus, he was not poor as some of these ignoramuses assert neither did he refer himself as so. He had a house (John 1:37), and was responsible for feeding so many people during his stay on earth. He paid his taxes as and when due and he had a viable means of livelihood and so did his other disciples.

Pls stop calling people ignoramuses when you clearly display ignorance yourself. John 1:37 NEVER said Jesus owned a house. Otherwise we might be tempted to call Christ a liar for saying the below

Matthew 8:20 KJV
And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Certainly, he identified with the poor and encouraged that they should be helped even as his disciples continued to teach so. I am aware of a lot of charitable works that many of today's churches are involved in to help the poor. Some of these works make the state appear incompetent and we are admonished as christians to support instead of defame them as some ignorant folks have done to their own peril.

Of Jesus NEVER taught anyone that the "poor christian was dangerous to the gospel" neither did the apostles. Why would they, When they knew the inequality in the world were we dwell and how the greedy rich always want to corner the resources of their countries for themselves, families and cronies? Mankind hasn't changed and won't till Christ comes back.

The issue is how can you truly help somebody when you actually despise and look down on him?

Another worrisome idea being peddled amongst these ignorant folks is the "many Christians were sick" doctrine. That is an outright lie and an insult to the cross of Jesus. Indeed, the notion of sicknesses was expected to be an anomaly that James had to ask the brethren if any sick person was still amongst them. Then he recommended the use of the prayer of faith by the elders. The isolated instances of Timothy and Epaphroditus only shows us the importance of proper hygiene even as we live by faith, for we are not ignorant of the devices of the devil.

Of course many Christians fall sick. Its not a doctrine, its simple fact. Otherwise you'll not even be promoting a "healing school". What we say is that Christians can fall sick even like any other person unlike people who claim "i cannot be sick". When Christians pray for healing like James admonished, it should be with the belief that the sovereign God will answer. God never promised that any christian wont be sick but even in sickness, God still remains faithful and we should be too. The Ebola afflicted doctor said as much

"As I lay in bed in Liberia for the following nine days, getting sicker and weaker each day, I prayed that God would help me be faithful, even in my illness,” he said.“And I prayed that in my life or in my death that he would be glorified. I did not know then, but have learned since, that there were thousands, maybe even millions of people around the world praying for me throughout that week and even till today.“I cannot thank you enough for your prayers and your support, but what I can tell you is that I serve a faithful God who answers prayers." - Dr Kent Brantly

Speaking of Job, his life's testimony is ample proof that God can use any seemingly unfortunate situation to bring forth his goodness as long as we stay true to our faith in him- by speaking and acting his word. Job's patience and faith exemplifies exactly what Paul taught in Hebrews 6:12 and that is exactly what we endeavor to teach others as against the "your reward is ONLY in heaven gospel" that some try to sell.

@the first bolded- true. @the second bolded- false. Job was trying to prove his righteousness to his friends and God. in fact God wasn't pleased with the idea of Job proving his righteousness and faithfulness. See what God told him

Job 40:8 KJV
Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?

See Job's response to God's challenge

Job 42:3, 6 KJV
Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not. [6] Wherefore I abhor myself , and repent in dust and ashes.

Job was restored simply because of God's goodness and mercies which he even shows to unrepentant atheists today though they vehemently deny him.

From the foregoing we can tell that even though life or the devil can throw different challenges at us all regardless of our faiths. We are responsible for the way we choose to react to the challenges. While some pretend that they leave everything in God's sovereign hands; we can tell how feigned such acts are as we see this same lot talk about how plain hard work overrides the meditation of God's word. For others, they have known to rightfully divide the word and thereby knowing which situations require praying, using the name of Jesus, speaking the word or letting them go with the consciousness that they are already more than conquerors through it all. And in each situation this group always gives the glory and thanks to God through Jesus- the author and finisher of faith.

Irrespective of the prevailing situation and while a christian takes steps and make efforts to remedy it, he MUST never lose sight of the eternal faithfulness of God. An unbeliever reads of the deaths of the early Christians and concludes God is powerless. A christian reads about it and glorifies God that these faithful people were so grounded in the faith that nothing could shake their commitment. An unbeliever sees the carnage and atrocities against Christians in Iraq, northern Nigeria etc and concludes that Jesus is dead. A believer sees and hears of it and realises that the end is indeed near exactly as Christ prophesied.

God remains God and faithful irrespective of the situation and the perspective from which we judge the situation.

In conclusion, the obvious distinction between these Christians who act their faiths and the ignoramuses is that the former have believed and meditated so much on the word of God that the results are already evident in their lives-they prosper, dwell in health, heal the sick, feed the poor and show forth the fruits of the spirit- love, joy, peace etc. While the latter, rationalize the word so much that they have no faith and therefore do not act on the word. They in its stead, house bitterness, envy, jealousy and hatred for the former just like Joseph's brothers did him. They are required for the formers promotion and advancement (albeit oblivious to them).

Everybody uses 'faith' today that its almost difficult to decipher who talks of bible faith. The Chinese by 'faith' and belief built their country from the ruins Mao Zedong met to the superpower they are now. So too UAE.

With 'faith' and some genius, Mark Zuckerberg, a young Jewish atheist built Facebook and became a billionaire in less than 10 years from practically nothing. He simply believed he could do it.

The new age practitioners preach 'faith' which enables them do seemingly miraculous things and experience wonderful achievements.

What the bible calls faith indeed isn't the same as these and its imperative we study to really know and understand it.

4 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by BabaGnoni: 10:23am On Aug 28, 2014
[size=16pt]MY SUBMISSION ON F12: Fake healing schools[/size]

Some of the things typical and bearing hallmarks of a WoF influenced set up are, build universities, solicit seed money, putting on white suits like a form of uniform, setting up fake healing schools etc

Now it is worth noting that the biggest deceptions in the past two-three centuries is fake healing

It is the absurd pretense orchestrated to create the impression of healing or atmosphere of miracles which is classed as fake in so called healing schools

As it currently stands, fake healing definitely, far far outnumbers genuine healing, and this is because most of the supposedly healing are unverifiable.

Any claim that people need healing schools to express faith in God's ability to heal is hogwash.
It is as if, divine healing and/or miracles are bound by geography
or that location (i.e. need to be at healing schools) is a prerequisite before healing/miracles can be released or received.
- the earth is the Lord's and its fullness thereof

Most of the heavy weight WoF preachers don't practice what they preach, as they end up in hospitals, where they die of ailments, diseases etc (i.e. resorting to hospitals after not receiving healing from the schools they've set up)

Healing schools (i.e. School of Miracles or Revival School Of Ministry) are cash cows, just another revenue stream for the organisers to tap into.

Healing schools happens to be glorified pyramid schemes or high-yield investment programs
(i.e. HYIP) which claim to offer healing in exchange for time, money etc spent with at the schools.

This is an elaborate and sophisticated con scheme, exploiting the vulnerable and exclusively profiting those behind the whole healing school set-up.

Taking advantage of people by pretending to be engaged in healing whereas the greater focus actually is on money they'll gain rather than on healing.

Anyone that believes that, healing is the core reason behind setting up these charades called healing schools has another thing coming.
Healing is a smokescreen, the whole healing school set up is designed to disguise the organiser's real intentions and aims

The attraction and promise of healing is the bait, the hyped-up healing schools use to lure the unsuspecting, the vulnerable, the despairing, the hopeful etc
The truth about what really goes on and down in these healing school are:
covetousness, deception, greed, boldfaced lies and over-bloated egos.

The irony is that, most of the healing schools, behind the scenes and/or off-camera, actually do schooling.
Schooling, as in, do give coaching instructions and suggestive activities, before cherry-picking the prime of the attendees, for fake healing and effectively lie about the healing that allegedly took place

The following is a snippet and transcript of a well known WoF big shot preacher on ABC Nightline responding to accusations concerning lavish lifestyle and controversial claims of faith healings

INTERVIEWER - are you taking advantage of people who are profoundly religious and also vulnerable because they're in physical pain for your own personal enrichment.

WoF BIG SHOT - I'm glad you're asking, let me tell you something. I would not do this for money. If people think I'll do this for money, after all the misery, I've had to go through

INTERVIEWER - (Interrupts) What misery

WoF BIG SHOT - Oh my God, you're like a human being like me.
I wouldn't like to be called all those names. Who wants that?
What you're asking is. Am I using the so called lie, that healing really happens so I can make money?

INTERVIEWER - (Responds) Correct

WoF BIG SHOT - OK. Of course not. You can not fool all the people, all the time. Right?

INTERVIEWER - (Interjects WoF BIG SHOT) You don't need to fool all the people all the time.
You just need to fool some people, sometimes

WoF BIG SHOT - (Laughs uneasily) Okay, that's that's OK.
I mean I understand that but I will tell you this. I think if I was fooling the people
over 35 years of it now I would have been caught already fooling them

[PROGRAMME VOICE NARRATION:
WoF BIG SHOT admits he doesn't have any medical verification of any of the healings
and in fact some of the supposedly healings have turned out not to be real at all

VOICE NARRATION NOW SHOWING A CLIP OF HEALING CLAIMED TO HAVE HAPPENED AT ONE OF WoF BIG SHOT'S EVENT:
Nine-year-old William Vandenkolk claimed his failing eyesight had improved at this crusade in 2001
William is now 17 and still legally blind

William:
I'd say I was caught up in the moment being as young as I was,
thinking I can actually bring my vision back
]

WoF BIG SHOT - (Nodding head whilst watching clip) Yep

INTERVIEWER - (Interjects) His name is William...

WoF BIG SHOT - I know...

INTERVIEWER - ...and he still can't see.

WoF BIG SHOT - These are things, I cannot explain because I'm not the healer
I'm human like you, I make mistakes like anybody else.

PROGRAMME VOICE NARRATION:
WoF BIG SHOT says God does the healing, not him and that he is therefore not responsible for what people claim on stage]

"I am not responsible for what people claim on stage" is the line most WoF healing preachers toes when confronted with healing that turned out not to be true
PROGRAMME VOICE NARRATION CUT-OFF:]

This is the story of the WoF BIG SHOT and William Vandenkolk mentioned above as related in the Los Angeles Times:

Sitting cross-legged in front of a big-screen TV,
the 11-year-old squints through Coke-bottle glasses at a Miracle Crusade video made more than two years ago
in which he starred as a boy who miraculously recovered from blindness.

"I liked it at first because I thought I was being healed," says Williams in the living room of his aunt and uncle’s home.
On the screen, WoF BIG SHOT bends down to William, his hands on the child’s face.
"Look at these tears," says WoF BIG SHOT, peering into the child’s eyes.
"William, baby, can you see me?" Before more than 15,000 people in a Las Vegas arena,
William nods. In a small voice, the boy says, "As soon as God healed me, I could see better."

WoF BIG SHOT, an arm wrapped around William, tells the audience that God has told him to pay the child’s medical expenses and education. People weep.

Today William is still legally blind and says his sight never improved, and that his on-stage comments were wishful thinking
Incidentally, the family has yet to receive any of the promised money for medical or educational expenses

21You may be wondering, "How can we recognize that the LORD didn't speak this message?"
22If a prophet speaks in the LORD's name and what he says doesn't happen or come true, then it didn't come from the LORD.
That prophet has spoken on his own authority. Never be afraid of him

- Deuteronomy 18:21-22 GOD'S WORD® Translation

"Remote control" is a technique to watch out for during some fake healing sessions. This is when the "healer" stands ten feet or so away from unsuspecting "healees" and then manipulates the "healee's" movements with hand motions (e.g. by scooting hand to the left or right, the "healee" irresistibly seems drawn to the left, or to the right) Also with the circling movement of the "healer's" hands, the "healee" is manipulated into a circle, and eventually ends up falling down into a dazed heap after a moment of spiralling out of control

"Point of contact" is another technique to watch out for. It like the "remote control" are occult healing practices and they both, are techniques adopted which are closely related to a control technique termed "mesmerism"
"Mesmerism" is named after Franz Anton Mesmer (i.e. 1734-1815) an Austrian physician, who believed the human nervous system to be magnetized and so would wave his hands in front of his patients, believing that a magnetic force emanated from his hands.

The above mentioned techniques among others, are easily spotted used on local and international recorded satellite healing TV or YouTube broadcasts

There are several distinctness in the way Jesus healed that are not characteristic of healing schools.
First, Jesus healed instantly, second, Jesus had no healing schools, third, Jesus certainly did no coaching or unverifiable healing,
fourth, Jesus had no returns nor accusations of fake healing levied against him,
fifth, Jesus didn't describe or draw attention to the healing, nor use billboards, adverts etc in order to encourage attendance or promote "sales"
sixth, Jesus never healed the same way twice (i.e. He healed spontaneously. He didn't have a modus operandi and never followed healing set techniques)

We know of prophets school or school of prophets in the bible founded by Samuel (i.e. 2 Kings 2:3 & 5, 1 Kings 18:13 etc), its intent and purpose
but as for these fake healing schools, the bottom line is, the primary purpose of setting them up is to get money.
They are money-spinners, which bring in revenues from the sale of healing paraphernalia, books, DVDs/CDs/Videos/tapes and love gifts.
Names of attendees are harvested and added to email databases and/or addresses mailing list for regular future contacting and ask for financial donations etc.

Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves.
- Luke 10:3 NIV

"I am sending you out like sheep surrounded by wolves,
so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

- Matthew 10:16 NET Bible

Quite right, among wolves indeed. Most healing schools are sharks, predatory, wrongly using the unsuspecting for material gains and/or personal profit.
The genuine ones are few and far in between. Genuine ones don't advertise. Genuine ones do not seek or sought vainglory.
Apart from been a victim of the aoristic trap, Luke 10:19 or Mark 16:17-18 is religionised and become a travesty, which fake healing school practitioners have capitalised on and taken advantage of it.

The New Testament was originally written in Greek
, so when reading Luke 10:19 or Mark 16:17-18 and juxtaposing it with Acts 28:3-9,
they all come together and make sense, but it only does after realising that there were Greek aorist tenses used in the original text
and these in the original text, at times, do not properly convey their import, talkless expecting it doing so after translation to English

(e.g. the prophetic aorist tense used in Mark 16:17-18 which later happened in Acts 28:3-9)

Tense, tempus in Latin, means time. Unlike English grammar tense (e.g. present, past and future) which is a category that locates an event or situation in time, to indicate when the situation takes place,
Greek aorist tense, is a class of verb forms that indicate past action without reference to whether the action involved was momentary, complete or continuous (i.e. doesn't specify a point in time, duration, or repetition) and so uses other methods when talking about time
- For some information on Greek aorist tense and explanation on a few Greek aorist tenses, visit
http://ezraproject.com/id34.html
http://www.biblicalstudies.org.uk/pdf/jbl/1972_stagg.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aorist_%28Ancient_Greek%29#Syntax
http://www.etsjets.org/files/JETS-PDFs/48/48-3/JETS_48-3_533-555.pdf

Closing, healing and miracles have remits and protocols to adhere to, some will wrought in healing schools, wrought with faith at homes, wrought with elders laying hands etc some will not wrought at all, and so expected to be wrought elsewhere according to God's sovereign...
Not all healing and/or miracles will be received at healing schools. This is evident and more the reason why fake healing is resorted to, in healing schools to validate WoF influenced
"healing" schools or ministries

God endorsing healing, this is not questionable, after all He is JEHOVAH RAHPA

He said, "If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes,
if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees,
I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians,
for I am the LORD, who heals you."

- Exodus 15:26 NIV

There are some healing and miracles God will personally perform or answer to cure via use prayer of faith alone as in healing stuff we can't see and that's without medical assistance etc
(e.g. curing diseases like cancer etc, repairing internal organs like liver etc)
also, there are others He has left to man to wrought out, healing, relief, or cure by himself, without Him, God directly intervening
but by man exercising the prayer(s) of faith and benefiting from the God deposited wisdom and gifts of healing (e.g. Exodus 28:3, 1 Corinthians 12:9 etc) manifesting in the medicals and the likes.
(e.g. pain relief due to toothache, reattaching severed limbs, correcting spina bifida, reconstructing disfigured faces etc)
God sticks to such protocol, established rules, because He is respecting and keeping to His word concerning man in Genesis 1:26 & 28

The signs and wonders (Acts 4:31, Acts 14:3 etc) performed by the Paul and Barnabas, Peter etc were necessary signposting circumventing the rules etc in order to establish ekklesia in the early days on good and strong footing.
The moment that was done healing, miracles, cures and wonders issues became a stickler to rules and where applicable conforming to them

[size=16pt]MY SUBMISSION ON F12: Fake healing schools[/size]
I REST MY CASE ON F12, FOR NOW.

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 11:31am On Aug 28, 2014
For emphasis. In case you missed this due to the length of the post:
[size=20pt]
BabaGnoni:

There are several distinctness in the way Jesus healed that are not characteristic of healing schools.

First, Jesus healed instantly,

Second, Jesus had no healing schools,

Third, Jesus certainly did no coaching or unverifiable healing,

Fourth, Jesus had no returns nor accusations of fake healing levied against him,

Fifth, Jesus didn't describe or draw attention to the healing
nor use billboards, adverts etc in order to encourage attendance or promote "sales"

Sixth, Jesus never healed the same way twice (i.e. He healed spontaneously. He didn't have a modus operandi and never followed healing set techniques)

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Image123(m): 1:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
BabaGnoni:

With hindsight, "Elijah wanted to die" should never have gone into that post,
nevertheless the post is still watertight with "Elijah wanted to die" removed
and takes nothing away from the post nor diminishes the Elijah defence message therein.

"Our object should not be to have scripture on our side but to be on the side of scripture;
and however dear any sentiment may have become by being long entertained,
so soon as it is seen to be contrary to the Bible, we must be prepared to abandon it without hesitation
."
- William Symington
Scottish engineer, inventor and the builder of the first practical steamboat

You made a mistake simples. Correct it and move on, you like stories.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Image123(m): 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
DrummaBoy:

1. I suspected it. Thanks for being honest though. My advice: read that document even if it will be the last you will ever read from Nora. It way beyond false report. It provides further documents you can verify with. You won't find that in Lakes own books.

2. The question was whether Christ operated healing "schools" not whether healing can occur though believers or not.

i'll oblige you and read your book or document when i have the time. i can assure you, i've heard Dr. lake himself and i believe him above the contrary reports, thanks.
The answer was that Jesus and the apostles gathered people to heal them. That is what a healing school supposedly does.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by nora544: 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
Image123:

i'll oblige you and read your book or document when i have the time. i can assure you, i've heard Dr. lake himself and i believe him above the contrary reports, thanks.
The answer was that Jesus and the apostles gathered people to heal them. That is what a healing school supposedly does.

You know that this Dr lake died 1935 and at time he was in america, please stop to tell such lies.

He has never and I say never a University degree!
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
Image123:

OK. Thank you Image.

Another question please: Can we authoritatively say that Jesus ever "gathered people to heal them?" Can we find any biblical account for this? Are you saying Jesus gathered people exclusively for healing exercises like these WOF chaps do in their healing schools?

This is an all in one question.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by trustman: 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
mbaemeka

Candour has done a good job at responding to you on this your post but let me add some more things.

The greatest challenge we are faced with is the presence of ignorant folks that have arrogated the right to pick and choose what they think is demonic and what is not. For some of these ignorant folks if it matches their experiences it is truth (regardless of it is word-based or not) and if it doesn't match their experiences (even if it is very word-based) it is demonic.

We are only faced with one mission and that is to show them as much of the word of God as possible and pray that the Holy Spirit; the master teacher, will help convey these truths to them and if not, [size=9pt]that the other folks whose faiths might be shaky would not be swayed by their deception and gross ignorance.

Lets look at the portion of Scripture you quoted to see who is likely to lead people into deception and who is exhibiting gross ignorance

NOWHERE in Joshua 1:8 does it teach “that we are to keep speaking the word of God consistently”. Again you want to use this to justify WoF position on “speaking faith-filled words”, “name it and claim it” and the like.
This is what Joshua 1:8 says – “This book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. ”
You chose to emphasize the ‘mouth’ their but downplayed ‘meditate’ and what those two are supposed to bring about. The key issue is ‘TO DO’. The emphasis is knowing the book of the Law and then doing what it says so that it will bring about the desired result. Note too that as a leader Joshua had to ‘speak’ the content of the book of the Law to the people; not his own words or his own imagined rules. So, “shall not depart from your mouth” has much more wider application than you are trying to make it fit into.

Again NOTHING in Joshua 1:8 remotely suggests that it talks about “First, we speak the word. Next, the speaking causes … …” It is first “meditate” then do. You have to first take in the word of God before application – doing. It is first the internalizing of the word of God that will make Joshua be able to communicate (Speak) it to people.

Very clear from what? Certainly this is not derived from the Joshua 1:8 passage. Because the passage DOES NOT SAY SO.
Almost verbatim from the OT to the NT it is clear that it is God that does things for the believer (whether it is the OT believer or the NT believer) and not that it is the individual’s spoken words (apart from God) that accomplishes things in the life of the believer.

The teaching here expressed in clear words is again “meditates”. The believer here delights in the law of the LORD and meditates on it day and night. It would amount to twisting the scripture to equate “meditate” with “speaking of the word”.
So what do we believe – what the Word says which is “meditate” or what you are trying to make it say? Words have meaning. Words are meant to communicate. No believer is at liberty to make the words given by the Almighty mean something different from what He intended.

Who was Jesus referring to here in Matthew 26: 11 – the poor.
Who were the poor here in Romans 15:26 – the saints or unbelievers?
What do we find in Galatians 2:10? To remember the poor.
What can you glean from James 2: 2-5?
What can you make of James 5: 1-6?
What is unscriptural and demonic is to claim that there are or there should be NO POOR among the saints. That would contradict these portions of scripture.

You need to learn to think with the scripture not use some form of philosophy or ‘teachings’ to think out of the scripture.

Where specifically in the Word does it say that poverty, disease, and sicknesses are not from God?
What did Deuteronomy 28: 21, 27, 28 tell the Jews?
What did Paul tell the Corinthians in 1 Corinthians 11:30? Is there mention of being sick there? And as a result of what? Chastening or discipline by who?
Apart from the Epaphroditus case of Phil. 2:27, Timothy had an ailment (1 Timothy 5:23) and Paul left Trophimus sick at Miletus (2Timothy 4:20). So what should these tell us?

No one is saying ALL Christians should be poor, far from it. The issue is some Christians will be poor. So the focus in the Christian life is neither riches nor poverty but the spiritual life.
Even though you may not qualify Lazarus as a NT believer (and so not call him Christian) he was certainly a BELIEVER nonetheless. There were believers in the Christ (the Messiah – who came to be known as Jesus Christ) both in the OT as well as in the NT.
To have a place in Abraham’s bosom does not mean Lazarus was poor any longer using worldly standards. That the rich man still looked at him as “poor” (if indeed that is so) when he himself was in torments should be what is laughable, mbaemeka.

John 1: 37 – 39 (note the additional verses) never stated who owned where Jesus stayed. In addition, NO MAN can equate Jesus’ ministry to any other. Trying to use this to justify riches does not hold water.

It will amount to being an ignorant folk to think that giving all you can to the poor out of a WRONG MOTIVE will amount to anything with God.

You saw the Corinthian references on the sick.
What is outright lie and insult to the cross of Jesus is to make it seem that the most it accomplished was physical prosperity for the believer. The most important work of the cross was resolving the sin problem. Any other derived issue pales into a distant second.
Nothing in James said it was an ‘anomaly’ to be sick. Nothing.

Job’s adverse circumstances were PERMITTED by God. He never engaged in ‘speaking and acting his (God’s?) word” before he was delivered from his situation. When God determined that Job had passed the test, he intervened.
The Christian’s reward is NOT ONLY in heaven. He can have some here on earth. BUT the rewards come in far too many ways than to restrict them to ONLY PHYSICAL PROSPERITY, unless your definition of rewards is different from what the Scripture says.

The believer is ALWAYS to TRUST in the Lord, cast all his care upon him, etc. In any circumstances his focus must always be on God and not in himself and what he can speak into existence. Doing otherwise, resorting to any other system is to turn away from the source of TRUE SOLUTION.

In Hebrews 11 even those who in the eyes of the world (and some Christians) or in physical assessment appeared to have lost out were still commended. Why?
Physical evidence that a system or philosophy or whatever works, does not necessarily make it God-approved.

Faith is belief in God and His Word. Faith IS NOT a “great force”, a “universal principle” or the like. Faith starts first and foremost on the inside and God considers the heart to be of greater importance than spoken words.

Any bitterness, envy, jealousy and hatred toward anyone or a Christian brother or sister in particular who happens to differ doctrinally from one’s position is still SIN whether the other person is mistaken in his belief or wrong in his stance. The Christian MUST THEREFORE ensure that he continues to walk in LOVE no matter what the opposition is. Hope your calling others “ignoramus”, etc is not out of bitterness or hatred or any of the other sins you listed?

True promotion for the Christian is unknown to many. Real spiritual advancement is equally not so readily visible. Therefore a Christian’s spiritual progress is not something that can be gauged using physical or material yardstick.

3 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Image123(m): 10:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
nora544:

You know that this Dr lake died 1935 and at time he was in america, please stop to tell such lies.

He has never and I say never a University degree!
I don't understand you.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Image123(m): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
DrummaBoy:

OK. Thank you Image.

Another question please: Can we authoritatively say that Jesus ever "gathered people to heal them?" Can we find any biblical account for this? Are you saying Jesus gathered people exclusively for healing exercises like these WOF chaps do in their healing schools?

This is an all in one question.
Yes, search the scriptures. i'll like to be of help if you don't find.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
Candour:

While i think we've said all there is to say on this issue, its important to note that both divides are guilty of this idea. In fact you said something along this line that is the below

It is on record here and (repeatedly too) that I never refuted the aspect of suffering for the gospel. I am against teachings of sicknesses and poverty (that is unrelated to the gospel) as what that suffering refers to and I am not going to refrain from it as it is very scriptural.

We all including you and all mog must know this. For instance, how do you explain all the disciples dying violent deaths except John?

Jesus promised them so and some scripture suggests that he may have absolved John from it (John 21:19-23). Bible History let's us know that John was placed in boiling cauldron for hours but he was unhurt and as a result was given the appellation- Saint John "the Divine" and was banished to the Island of Patmos from where he wrote the book of Revelations.

Joshua didn't say "word of God". He said "book of the law"

Joshua 1:8 KJV
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

This scripture speaks exclusively to the Jews because it talks about obeying the laws of Moses diligently otherwise there would he punishments. It was a works based admonition. Does any Christian observe and obey the laws of Moses carefully and diligently today?

It might interest you to know that God and not Joshua said that. Also your interpretation of the "book of the law" to refer to the law(s) of Moses is also grossly flawed. The law ALWAYS referred to ALL the books of Moses and wasn't limited to it. As more books from the prophets were given they too were added into the Law. In fact, when the apostles began teaching the gospel of Jesus they did so using the Law which was actually the Pentateuch, Prophets and the Psalms or writings.

John 10:34King James Version (KJV)
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Jesus referred to the book of Psalms as the law.

That aside, the Law of Moses comprised of 5 Books which included Deuteronomy (and Chapter 28) which was God's promise to them concerning the blessings in general and in this case prosperity. It was not a works-based admonition because those blessings still apply to the church.

Again (and by so doing Trustman can get my responses to his post) there is no separation or demarcation between the Mouth and Meditate as was used in Joshua 1:8. The Hebrew for the word meditate is Hagah and it means: silent whispering; muttering; talking; roaring. It refers to using the mouth to whisper, mutter, talk and roar the words. This is what we refer to as speaking the word. The same admonition was referred to in Jeremiah with the same word "Hagah" and in Psalms 1:1-3. If you even checked the marginal of a regular KJV they would place an alphabet aside the word meditate and refer to it as a form of talking while cross-referencing you to the book of Joshua 1:8

Also the Verse like I said before was Crystal clear- meditate on the word day and night so that you may observe to do all that is written. You will make your way prosperous and you will have good success. The observing to do was connected to the meditating and this was averred by Jehovah. PLEASE believe him.

Paul taught Timothy about the same things and the Greek for the word Meditate can be understudied too.

1 Timothy 4:15King James Version (KJV)
15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all

Here, Paul says if you meditate on the word and give yourself wholly to it the evidence will be clear to all.

If you had done a good study you would have known all this.

What is the prosperity the psalmist was talking about there? Is it the same thing like what the world (and the modern church) call prosperity today?

What do you make of this scripture below?

Proverbs 30:7-9 KJV
Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die: [8] Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: [9] Lest I be full, and deny thee , and say, Who is the Lord ? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain .

Do you think the writer was speaking faithless words?

The prosperity the Psalmist referred to is Prosperity, Period.

As per the words of Agur he is free to express himself as such. Abraham and Isaac were more prosperous and their prosperity didn't make them deny God or inveigle his name. We should learn to divide the word of truth properly so as not to be found as poor workmen.

Also, What does Christ mean by this?

Matthew 5:45 KJV
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Does God discrimate in the sending of his blessings to the earth and the peoples on it? Methinks this explains why even hardened atheists enjoy the prosperity and riches which the 'church' is chasing madly after today.

There are principles that God has established on earth- laws, if you please. If anyone (Saint or sinner) is found observing them they will receive the results of such actions. One of them is giving. If a sinner has a habit of giving he will always have and if a christian is selfish he will always lack. That's what Jesus meant.

Some Atheists help more people than many selfish Christians who do not give. It is no surprise that some of them prosper. It is a principle same with Studying for exams. If an unbeliever studies he will excel and if a christian doesn't he won't. That's why Christians are admonished to meditate on the word. As we do so we begin to "do" all that is written e.g Give, study etc.

You call people ignoramuses but you make some ignorant contradictions in your own post. Contrast the statement in black with the one in blue. How do they agree? How did the early Christians 'live as though they were poor'? The scripture even records that those in Macedonia who gave, also had deep poverty.

2 Corinthians 8:2 KJV
How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.

What is wealth? How do you measure it?

What is poverty? How do you measure it?

How do you classify the early Christians?

Mr A doesn't have money to pay his rent yet he is a tongue-talking Christian. Of course, he will not give anything to the work of the ministry because he is poor and has nothing to give. Mr B has money to pay his rent in Ikoyi but decides to live in Obalende so he can have something tangible to give towards God's work. Mr B should be commended and Mr A should meditate on the word and prosper so he can be like Mr B. That's the 'contradiction' I was trying to make and that's what I meant by "I too suffer lack from time to time because of a need or the other in God's house". That's what the early Christians did.

We were asked to flee from sin, not poverty, diseases and death because no human being needs to be told to flee from poverty, diseases and death. Its inbuilt in us all. All humans are wired to hate them. Christians, Muslims and atheists all hate these three phenomena. Sin isn't in the same class because the natural man loves to sin. Sin is 'pleasurable'. Infact the sons of Adam are wired to enjoy sin.

Pls don't equate them to each other or put them in the same class for that is misleading.

How could it possibly be? Sicknesses, poverty and death came as a result of the entrance of sin. If Sin as a nature is taken away then the consequences should have been too. Now if people who have their sins taken away still find themselves sinning "occasionally" does it mean the sin wasn't taken away to begin with? Whose duty is it to stay away from sin? Do you think it is possible to stay away from the acts of sin without the concomitant consequences?

@the bolded is all the truth we need to know. A Christian could indeed be poor and no where in the bible is it remotely suggested that such is "dangerous to the gospel". That is at best a vain statement and at worst a horribly deceptive lie. If we agree with the quote, honesty demands we refer to the early Christians whom you said decided to be poor for the gospel as "dangerous to the gospel they worked tirelessly to propagate".

I believe I have explained what the early church did. They were "poor for the gospel's sake" and not "poor for the sake of life's vicissitudes". The latter represents the dangerous group. A poor man cannot help himself and will become a burden to others; a poor man's wisdom will be despised; the rich will always rule over the poor; the gospel will not move swiftly without the prosperity of the proponents; Jesus' death made us rich etc.

Why do you think Satanic songs do better than Word-based songs? Sinners will always use their prosperity to propagate what they believe in, and the church is admonished to do same.

I am eschewing the urge to make a very long post. Let me end here and continue on a separate post.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
Image123:
Yes, search the scriptures. i'll like to be of help if you don't find.

I have done that, my dear, and found no such scripture that said or implied "Jesus gathered people to heal them" or operated a healing school. If you cannot provide the scripture, we must conclude that you are wrong to say Jesus gathered people for healing services and that the healing school operated by WOF adherents has no foundation in scripture.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 312
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.