Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs (25025 Views)

True Confession: How Judases Betrayed The Nma Strike By Sacking Us - Nard Presid / JOHESU Declares 5-day Warning Strike From Jan 15 / Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by phantom(m): 9:01am On Jun 30, 2014
barcanista: What is wrong with Physicians? What is the basis for the strike? I think the Government need to sue them to NIC and take necessary action. They can't continue to blackmail the government and using patients' lives as bargain tool.

Meds Sucks
before you judge, ask what the problem is about. we are striking TODAY so that you may not lose that your little sister or son TOMORROW. calm down and ask for explanations. what is going on now is akin to the clerks in a law court asking to be made chief judges. barcanista does that make sense? I ask you.

5 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Acidosis(m): 9:04am On Jun 30, 2014
phantom: what does the above mean? what do you mean by non academic professorship?

I should be asking you.

Professorship is an academic honour. Regardless of where you apply the honour within the campus, NASU, ASUU, SSANU, classroom, office or lab; you're entitled to the post of a Vice Chancellor.
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by obayaya(m): 9:13am On Jun 30, 2014
phantom: yoga 100k is too small. if you know what I face everyday at work,you won't type this. but the issue of hazard allowance should be relative.the people at the labs both the doctors and the technologists should earn the highest followed by the rsdiographers then maybe the surgeons. if I contact Hiv during a surgery is 100k enough to wipe out the stigma or restore my health? do you know how much your senators earn as newspaper allowance every month? no make me vex this morning o!

So because senators are earning huge newspaper allowances that's why NMA wants to bankrupt the Country and set the healthcare sector on fire with their incessant strikes? What happened to the Hippocratic oaths?

Na greed go kill una. Rubbishh.

You wey dey talk, how many surgeries you don do this year?

Make I hear word jare.

1 Like

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 30, 2014
obayaya:

So because senators are earning huge newspaper allowances that's why NMA wants to bankrupt the Country and set the healthcare sector on fire with their incessant strikes? What happened to the Hippocratic oaths?

Make I hear word jare.

My Senator grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 30, 2014
phantom: before you judge, ask what the problem is about. we are striking TODAY so that you may not lose that your little sister or son TOMORROW. calm down and ask for explanations. what is going on now is akin to the clerks in a law court asking to be made chief judges. barcanista does that make sense? I ask you.
With due respect sir, it is an INSULT to akin an ordinary court clerk to JOHESU guys. The Health sector is not the exclusive preserve of Physicians. Other health professionals are not "Junior Colleagues" to Medical Doctors. The arrogance of Medical Doctors towards other health Professionals is making the Doctors unpopular by the day. I personally support and advocate for equal right in the Health Sector.
Only You guys want to be Health Ministers, States Health Commissioners, CMD and Medical Directors, and now you are pushing and blackmailing government for the office of Surgeon General of the Federation. GREEEEED

6 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by obayaya(m): 9:20am On Jun 30, 2014
San Miguel:

My Senator grin grin

Imagine o!!!

Doctors dey jealous us grin

They don't know what it takes to become a senator of the federal republic cheesy
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 30, 2014
bumfem:

Area boys masquerading as doctors. Nigerians have suffered in the hands of these disgruntled elements. NMArelevance is being vanished . I can see u guys are struggling to keep afloat.
A responsible ''union "rejoice at industrial action as some of u guys.
Doctors went on strike in lagos and ekiti, nurses covered effectively well without much ado.
who say docs are indispensable. Not all docs senseless though.I commend those that love the job not only for money but see it as a calling .

Many actually went to med schl to escape poverty.This informed there disdained attitude to colleague in other health profession.

Modern health care is delivered multidisciplinarily. Guess what, no one is a superman .We are all very important .Guess why Canada/UK continue to top best countries to live in.

NMA is creating it own healthcare protocol possible only in poverty ridden Africa.

The bold is so true. When Doctors went on their infamous strike in Lagos, Nurses showed us that the doctors are overrated. This strike is even a welcome development for other health professionals to work in peace and Nurses display their talents once again.
When NMA are tired they will come back to their senses

6 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Dragonking: 9:23am On Jun 30, 2014
phantom: before you judge, ask what the problem is about. we are striking TODAY so that you may not lose that your little sister or son TOMORROW. calm down and ask for explanations. what is going on now is akin to the clerks in a law court asking to be made chief judges. barcanista does that make sense? I ask you.

What are you saying? what about the numerous people that will end up loosing their lives today as a result of your senseless and continuous strikes. no wonder people now travel out for medical treatment.

2 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Dragonking: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2014
barcanista: The bold is so true. When Doctors went on their infamous strike in Lagos, Nurses showed us that the doctors are overrated. This strike is even a welcome development for other health professionals to work in peace and Nurses display their talents once again.
When NMA are tired they will come back to their senses

I worked in a hospital when i finished sec school as a clerk years ago..i can assure you that it is even the nurses that know the job in and out. they are the ones doing the jobs. doctors are just bragging and nothing more. Highly overrated bunch of people.

I even remember last year i went with someone to the hosipital, the doctor there was checking a text book before he knows what to diagnose.

7 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 30, 2014
Emulti:

johesu appears to be more reasonable in their demand than doctors. They want international standard in Nigeria health sector which d doctors are opposed to.
Physicians prefer the status quo
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 30, 2014
Dragonking:

I worked in a hospital when i finished sec school as a clerk years ago..i can assure you that it is even the nurses that know the job in and out. they are the ones doing the jobs. doctors are just bragging and nothing more. Highly overrated bunch of people.

I even remember last year i went with someone to the hospital, the doctor there was checking a text book before he knows what to diagnose.
I cannot fault this. I have always known physicians to be a bragging bunch, and honestly, it is only someone that doesn't know his left from his right that brags about superiority. Empty drums makes loudest noise.
Physicians are envious and feel threatened by their Professional Colleagues in the Health Sector

1 Like

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 30, 2014
tuoyoojo: Just heard on the news (indepedent television) that nma has gotten an industrial court order stopping the implemention of the joint health union's demands and asked all parties involved to shelf any industrial action until d matter is resolved in a d court. So maybe d strike may not hold
NMA can go to the Hague. JOHESU is on point
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 30, 2014
ejikechibuzor: Guys make una relax,after one month stirke,u will see the doctors drawing closer to various hospitals sourcing for patients infact they will almost knock at ur door because at that stage,hunger don dey set in. It has happened before.

false.
For govt or private hospitals?
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 30, 2014
eaglechild: Those clamouring to become consultants should please look at the way residency program is structured.

I hope they realise that they will need to do the following.

Establish colleges for different fields.

Establish faculties for different subspecialties.

Have trained "consultants" in different subspecialties.

Cease to become permanent members of staff of hospitals, and have their appointment terminated at the time of expiration of the program.

Undergo training a minimum of 4 years equivalent to at least a post PhD.(almost impossible given that their first degrees are not at par with MBBS). Involving novel clinical research.

Be ready to have their appointments terminated if they fail to pass college exams.

u know, those ppl don't know what they want to put themselves into.
With this mentality, who would even make them cmd sef?

2 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by sainty2k3(m): 9:53am On Jun 30, 2014
Acidosis:

I should be asking you.

Professorship is an academic honour. Regardless of where you apply the honour within the campus, NASU, ASUU, SSANU, classroom, office or lab; you're entitled to the post of a Vice Chancellor.
U are putting up a malformed argument. What do u mean by regardless of why u apply the honour'
As u rightly affirmed professorship is an academic honour
Let me remind you the meaning of NASU, Non Academic staff union,
Soo tell me how an academic honour will be given to Nasu,not to talk of being the VC
Infact NASU has neva fight for this
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 30, 2014
Demdem: Demdem has been thinking about this issue for a long time now and have refrained from making comments on this issue. Now, i have my verdict.
Doctors are superior to other professionals in the sector and any attempt or effort to equate them to others is bullshit. I don't like it also but hey, that's the reality. Life itself isn't fair.
It's doctors first and the rest.

The first time I am liking ur post on this forum.
Keep it up

1 Like

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 30, 2014
barcanista: I cannot fault this. I have always known physicians to be a bragging bunch, and honestly, it is only someone that doesn't know his left from his right that brags about superiority. Empty drums makes loudest noise.
Physicians are envious and feel threatened by their Professional Colleagues in the Health Sector

Na so.
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2014
Dragonking:

I even remember last year i went with someone to the hosipital, the doctor there was checking a text book before he knows what to diagnose.

Thank you for this post.
General public Una don hear am nah, anytime u fall sick, go to nurses since doctors carry text books to hospitals.
At least doctors will continue to get paid without doing anything

1 Like

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 30, 2014
Dragonking:

What are you saying? what about the numerous people that will end up loosing their lives today as a result of your senseless and continuous strikes. no wonder people now travel out for medical treatment.

when they travel out, who do they meet for medical care?
shoe makers?

4 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 30, 2014
Chidonc: wetin doctors dey feel like self abi na dem alone dey incharge of health sector, no probs, if dem come, we pharmacist, biochemist, labscientist,nurses and d rest go take our own strike leave make we c weda doctors go fit do awa wrk

e don happen before and hospitals functioned normally .
Na shame make Una cine back to work.
We have doctors in all health science specialties, u know that .
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Dragonking: 10:02am On Jun 30, 2014
Evergreen123:

when they travel out, who do they meet for medical care?
shoe makers?

Atleast they will meet people that value the human lives more than these goons here that only think about their pocket and ego. smh
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Dragonking: 10:05am On Jun 30, 2014
Evergreen123:

Thank you for this post.
General public Una don hear am nah, anytime u fall sick, go to nurses since doctors carry text books to hospitals.

You should be ashamed of urself trying all possible means to justify your wicked actions. abeg go on your senseless strikes..nigerians are already getting fedup with your wicked and evil tactics..yeye people.
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Dragonking: 10:05am On Jun 30, 2014
Evergreen123:

Thank you for this post.

You should be ashamed of urself trying all possible means to justify your wicked actions. abeg go on your senseless strikes..nigerians are already getting fedup with your wicked and evil tactics..yeye people.
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by sainty2k3(m): 10:10am On Jun 30, 2014
obayaya:

Make I hear word jare.
At times I wonder if people know what hazard is, a friend of mine had lassa fever, he nearly died,and still yet to fully recovered,he was asked to refrain from child bearing for 8months. He still has chest pain and occasional tremor,tell me how much can be too much for the hazard. More so hazard allowance is for all health workers according to the level of exposure to hazard

1 Like

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 30, 2014
I am a doctor and to be honest...i feel, whatever is the international standard should be applicable...if that means one day a pharmacist can head a teaching hospital...Is that the norm internationally, and if it is, i guess there should be some criteria...what i think they're clamouring about is that all you need to run that position is an MBA. Well, if i were a patient, i definitely wouldnt want to be treated in a hospital run by any person other than a doctor, besides, the CMD has got support staff and theycan clamour for those positions....these will only create chaos, cos if this goes through, you can be sure that every cadre of staff in a teaching hospital, even a cleaner with fifty years on the mop, would go to evening school and with political connections, one day head a teaching hospital and will never be a sight for sore eyes
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by nannymcphee(f): 10:12am On Jun 30, 2014
phantom: hazard allowance us 5000 naira across board.is it not laughable? with risk of contaminating HIV, hep c, hep B,getting sterile from x rays and so on.

They said for doctors only, why exclude others like the radiographer & med lab scientist? Who is more exposed to the hazards?

In what country do u increase a fee from 5000 to 100,000?

Pls tell me what will be the function if surgeon general of the federation?

What business does health has to do with politics?

at the realm of certain affairs, ur discipline doesn't really count, all that matters is are u a good administrator?

States & countries are being run by individuals from various academic disciplines, so what counts is if you are a good administrator?
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by phantom(m): 10:13am On Jun 30, 2014
barcanista: With due respect sir, it is an INSULT to akin an ordinary court clerk to JOHESU guys. The Health sector is not the exclusive preserve of Physicians. Other health professionals are not "Junior Colleagues" to Medical Doctors. The arrogance of Medical Doctors towards other health Professionals is making the Doctors unpopular by the day. I personally support and advocate for equal right in the Health Sector.
Only You guys want to be Health Ministers, States Health Commissioners, CMD and Medical Directors, and now you are pushing and blackmailing government for the office of Surgeon General of the Federation. GREEEEED
very good. leave us make we go strike.when any member of your family goes Ill please go and see johesu in the hospitals.we have left the hospitals for them,since doctors are not the ones patients go to see. for the record THE HOSPITALS EXIST BECAUSE OF THE DOCTORS.PATIENTS COME TO SEE DOCTORS.THE OTHER STAFF ARE SUPPORT STAFF. most of you here should pray that you have no health emergencies during this strike.just pray hard!

6 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by biomedixexcel(m): 10:13am On Jun 30, 2014
Every day na strike! Make our striker in today's match copy ASUU, ASUP and the DUCKSTOR
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 30, 2014
Dragonking:

when yáll run to india and the uk etc...to worship foreign doctors and spend all your family savings and church contributions. you forget how you ridicule your home grown docs. When you should be trying to make things better, so you don't have to go bankrupt to get good healthcare. Cry foul, all you want, till you need a doctor and see where the problem really lies, not in the doctor, but the stupid system we call a government.

5 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Shimao(m): 10:17am On Jun 30, 2014
It is only in Nigeria people can open their mouths and say doctors are overrated.

2 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by DocAdray(f): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2014
Hmmm...
This NMA people sef!
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 30, 2014
This is just a crazy complex...i know how much people spend seeing foreign doctors, i can't understand why they hate their local doctors so much, i guess, till they need them. And all to really change this, is if the local doctors go out and become foreign, and then its all semantics

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osun Baby Of The Year: Hospital Defrauds Family Of Baby’s Gifts / How To Know If You Need Glasses / Two COVID-19 Patients Die In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.