Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,159 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:09 AM

The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married (6971 Views)

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / What Is The Right Age To Start School? / What Age Is The Right Age To Have A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
When ever he becomes emotionally mature and he can afford starting a family
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by nitrogen(m): 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Finally, you talked about God choosing for you, religion playing a role. Now you are also contradicting yourself. Why are you concerned about God choosing for you when you beleive there is no right person? You wouldnt bother about religion but choose to marry any lady from any religion if you TRULY believe there is no right person on earth.

And this is the path that really interests me, I aint contradicting myself, nope, not at all, I wanna dispute the fact that in marriage matters, there is a will somewhere, nay! I will dispute that with anyone till eternity.

True, attributes are part of it, but then, I still maintain it that religion is a major factor, like 80% of it all, so the assertion then is 'the will of God is equal to the right partner'.

Ma'am, I feel there is nothing called 'the will of God in marriage', and since there isn't that, then forget the right partner thing.

Premise: If largely, it is believed that the God factor aids choosing the right partner (which is the mainstay overhere), then there is nothing like the right partner, and so if a lady isn't married for years cos she is waiting for the right partner, then she is in for a long ride, cos by the time the so-called right partner comes, first, she is old, second, she might suffer for the rest of her life-physical and emotional abuse by/from the so called 'right partner'.

I really hope you'll get this, and by the way, sorry for jinxing all this way, Germany vs Algeria match dey do me strong thing ni o.
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by nitrogen(m): 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
@Sophyrocks, am sorry if my post(s) weren't that clear, lemme make it clear to you nothing like 'right partner' if it is mainly about 'Religion'.....meanwhile, in this part of the world, choosing the 'right partner' is mainly pushed by 'Religion'
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
nitrogen:

And this is the path that really interests me, I aint contradicting myself, nope, not at all, I wanna dispute the fact that in marriage matters, there is a will somewhere, nay! I will dispute that with anyone till eternity.

True, attributes are part of it, but then, I still maintain it that religion is a major factor, like 80% of it all, so the assertion then is 'the will of God is equal to the right partner'.

Ma'am, I feel there is nothing called 'the will of God in marriage', and since there isn't that, then forget the right partner thing.

Unless the mixture of the two basic factors (attributes and God's will) are equal, which should soon bring this argument to a halt, though I still maintain my second to the last paragraph sha.

Premise: If largely, it is believed that the God factor aids choosing the right partner (which is the mainstay overhere), then there is nothing like the right partner, and so if a lady isn't married for years cos she is waiting for the right partner, then she is in for a long ride, cos by the time the so-called right partner comes, first, she is old, second, she might suffer for the rest of her life-physical and emotional abuse by/from the so called 'right partner'.

I really hope you'll get this, and by the way, sorry for jinxing all this way, Germany vs Algeria match dey do me strong thing ni o.
So that means you have absolutely no problem in marrying a prostitute. you could have just said that all along when i asked you a simple question instead of all this epistle. You believe God has no say or no interest in the kind of partners we choose. So why dnt you just marry a lady straight up without wanting to know if you can live with her or not? Why are you still concerned about her qualities? you are still contradicting yourself. You are going in circles and confusing yourself more and more. Kmt. No right partner in your world yet you still look out for qualities in a lady? Why? You dnt even know what you are saying!!

As for ladies waiting for the right person in their lives, what has happened to those who didnt look before they leaped? Do you read the different types of pathetic stories here simply because these ladies rushed to marry whom they dnt even know? I bet you read them but choose to be ignorant. Everyone cannot and MUST NOT marry at the same time. some will marry early others will marry late. Is it supposed to be anybody's headache? Look around. How many married people are happy? Isnt happiness the main focus in a marriage? why shold anyone marry simply becos age is no longer on their side? If you dnt take marriage seriously, thats your cup of tea. But allow others who do take it seriously to look before they leap. Its this undue pressure to marry at all costs that is responsible for many unhappy marriages.
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by nitrogen(m): 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
@Sophyrocks, easyyyyy.....that was a blunt one, wait! Might it interests you that those that married early and those that did that late are actually going through the same rigours? Might it also interest you that those that married the so called God factored will and those that didn't bother to are almost the same? What's the difference like? The pathetic stories here on nairaland, were they as a result of only early marriage? what's up with the 30year old guy and 28 year old lady joined together, and a day after they were, just tooth-paste and tooth-brush scattered the marriage......? Also what's up with a man and his God factored will woman breaking up after just two/three years?

Questions that beg for answers ma'am.
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
nitrogen: @Sophyrocks, am sorry if my post(s) weren't that clear, lemme make it clear to you nothing like 'right partner' if it is mainly about 'Religion'.....meanwhile, in this part of the world, choosing the 'right partner' is mainly pushed by 'Religion'
O.k religion aside, since we cannot agree on that issue, simply answer me straight up. If you believe there is nothing like the right person, why do you still have a choice or spec of the lady you want? why are you still selecting?
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
nitrogen: @Sophyrocks, easyyyyy.....that was a blunt one, wait! Might it interests you that those that married early and those that did that late are actually going through the same rigours? Might it also interest you that those that married the so called God factored will and those that didn't bother to are almost the same? What's the difference like? The pathetic stories here on nairaland, were they as a result of only early marriage? what's up with the 30year old guy and 28 year old lady joined together, and a day after they were, just tooth-paste and tooth-brush scattered the marriage......? Also what's up with a man and his God factored will woman breaking up after just two/three years?

Questions that beg for answers ma'am.
Can you now see the time you marry whether late or early has nothing to do with the success of a marriage? So why did you talk about someone waiting for the right one being on a long ride?

As for the instances mentioned above, most people do not take their time to study their partners or get to know their partners before marriage with the belief that there is nothing like the right person on earth. They also didnt have the right mentality towards marriage such that they allowed minor things to break them up. This is all becos of rushing into marriage.

1 Like

Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by nitrogen(m): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
Sophyrocks:
O.k religion aside, since we cannot agree on that issue, simply answer me straight up. If you believe there is nothing like the right person, why do you still have a choice or spec of the lady you want? why are you still selecting?

Okay, please get this, I said a lady waiting for the right person and age isn't on her side is in for a long ride, you asked 'how?' Now, I went on to assert that the right person thing as defined overhere is mainly based on the religion factor, right or wrong? Now my initial stand is all based on that wrong premise, if it was about other factors aside religion, very well, I may agree with you.
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by nitrogen(m): 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Can you now see the time you marry whether late or early has nothing to do with the success of a marriage? So why did you talk about someone waiting for the right one being on a long ride?

As for the instances mentioned above, most people do not take their time to study their partners or get to know their partners before marriage with the belief that there is nothing like the right person on earth. They also didnt have the right mentality towards marriage such that they allowed minor things to break them up. This is all becos of rushing into marriage.
As per the bolded, why not do it sharp sharp, instead of wasting your time, and still suffer, since there isn't any chance that it will get better if you actually hold on....... undecided infact one benefit which simply outweights that of the other is that your son/daughter would be 20yrs when you are 45 years. wink
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
nitrogen:

Okay, please get this, I said a lady waiting for the right person and age isn't on her side is in for a long ride, you asked 'how?' Now, I went on to assert that the right person thing as defined overhere is mainly based on the religion factor, right or wrong? Now my initial stand is all based on that wrong premise, if it was about other factors aside religion, very well, I may agree with you.
You have not been reading my comments well at allllllll. I specifically mentioned what people termed as the right person in my earlier comments, that is, Someone with personality and lifestyle that is compatible and agreeable by you to live with for the rest of your life. If a lady keeps meeting men with veeeeerrry bad lifestyles, capable off even destroying the marriage and age is not on her side, will you advise such a lady to just marry one regardless simply because of her age? This is where the emphasis on the right person comes in. A lady who desires a happy marriage will wait until she finds a man who suits her.

As for religion, its essential the lady marries someone who shares the same religious affiliation to avoid future conflict. God has already given us common sense in making such decisions.
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
nitrogen:
As per the bolded, why not do it sharp sharp, instead of wasting your time, and still suffer, since there isn't any chance that it will get better if you actually hold on....... undecided infact one benefit which simply outweights that of the other is that your son/daughter would be 20yrs when you are 45 years. wink

Now you are turning around again. Why dnt you marry early and marry a prostitute since you will suffer all the same when you get a lady of your qualities. you see how you reason? The main focus here is marrying the right one and in being happy. the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. There will always be problems regardless of whom you marry but the problems would have been reduced to a greater extent when you marry the right one. If you dnt value your life and wellbeing, you will use your life to gamble.
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by nitrogen(m): 11:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
Oh Sophie! I don't think you are getting me, seems you are a marriage counsellor or something, so all you are hell bent on is to just pass a message across, and that you have really achieved, you shifted the posts completely, while trying to pass just that same message. undecided

Anyway, we'd probably do this anytime soon, break all down and pick them up one by one, then you would see what I mean, btw we agree to disagree and disagree to agree.
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by nitrogen(m): 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
@topic, the right time for a man to marry is NOW, unless he is still a guy or boy, cos for you to be called a man, then you are a man.

1 Like

Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by Hafyz23(m): 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mondisweets: When ever he becomes emotionally mature and he can afford starting a family
even if it's at the 40th?
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by Hafyz23(m): 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
nitrogen: @topic, the right time for a man to marry is NOW, unless he is still a guy or boy, cos for you to be called a man, then you are a man.
How would you define a "MAN" ?
Re: The Right Age/time For A Man To Get Married by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hafyz23: even if it's at the 40th?
yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy 4th Of July, My People O / My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter / Cheap And Quality Ankara Fabrics For Asoebi And Personal Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.