Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus (34309 Views)

Greeceā€™s Surprising Request After Turning Down World Cup Bonus / Costa Rica Vs Greece World Cup (5 -3) On Penalties On 29th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by lifeh(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
I have Bin playing PES 2014 and FIFA 2014.... What button do I press on my joystick if I want Surez 2bite ma opponent.. Any Idea?? I seriously need to bite some players

15 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by lat4real: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
IFELEKE: So?
These Greek players are bunch of clowns,me think they should concentrate on the game instead of pulling cheap p.r. stunts. . .Costa Rica Awaits!

Mikel Obi, is that you?

19 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by HAH: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
Black man cannot do that, whether in Africa or not the black man is always selfish, just check anywhere in the world where ever there are blacks there is crime and greed.

5 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nche95: Naija players wont try this. they cant.
even if our players decide to do it, our NFA officials will embezzle the money meant for the project, so wats the need..corruption is the gap between Nigeria and development. from leaders to followers are corrupt.. i rest my case

15 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by mstik(f): 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
You sound so bigoted for a black man..
HAH: Black man cannot do that, whether in Africa or not the black man is always selfish, just check anywhere in the world where ever there are blacks there is crime and greed.

4 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by gebest: 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
I TELL U GREECE U ARE WINNING D CUP.

3 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Chiadikaobi(m): 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
lat4real:

Mikel Obi, is that you?

7 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Godfullsam(m): 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2014
Waoh!!!!! I like them joor.. They are not as greedy as there African counterparts. Plus I think they av a group of trustworthy Football Association . If such letter is written to the Nigerian football association am sure d money will not be used for its purpose rather they will share it among themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
More like"use it to resurrect our dying economy.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by nasonaso: 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
Make I go sleep
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by abatically(m): 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nice gesture from the Greek team. Not only Greece, most European countries don't pay much, it is the pride for players to play for their countries. You know why? Because their countries got their back and their government provide everything they need for them.

In Africa the case is different. Most African leaders are corrupt, they fill their pockets at the expense of citizens. So u can't really blame football players who demand for bonus before playing. They are doing their job and should be paid accordingly, or is it better the government put the money in their own pocket? Africa is like a jungle, survival of the fittest. Take naija for example, if after 2 years a player in the Super Eagles get injured and ruins his career while playing for the country, and he goes bankrupt. We all will be asking what he did with all the money he made. The government will wash their hands off such player. We have seen cases of past heroes now living in penury and the country can't do anything to help them.

In this country, u need to grab what u can grab while u have the opportunity. Same thing our politicians are doing, so u can't really blame the players. The government is not doing anything for them, the least they can do is get paid for their work.

12 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Roon9(m): 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
The most annoying part to naijas own monetary ish is the fact that Joseph yobo is the one spear heading it.

3 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
Africa my Africa,see difference in mentality...I won't blame the African team,you are also relevant when in service..anything after that,you are on your own...if in doubt,ask Rashidi Yekini.

6 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Odunharry(m): 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
i am not rily suprised....their economy is bad and b4 the world cup,some of their players said they wanna put a smile on the face of the Greeks
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by akanbiaa(m): 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
neutralwaya: What do you expect from the sons of Aristotle , Socrates and Plato ?

Cradle of European Civilization
are we not sons of awolowo, Azikwe, Ahmadu bello and tafa balewa?

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by nora544: 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
I know this from my country that they players will never ask for money but they will be happy to play for their country.

I love what this greec players make that shows that they love their country more than the money and the people in greece will look if they build this house for the team.

Players from a country which economic is not good at the moment.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by abatically(m): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2014
Yomieluv: Africa my Africa,see difference in mentality...I won't blame the African team,you are also relevant when in service..anything after that,you are on your own...if in doubt,ask Rashidi Yekini.

Tell them Abeg. This country if u can't grab ur own when u have opportunities, people will blame u when it all goes wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Misterpaul(m): 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
We shouldn't blame the African players for demanding for there bonuses, they already know how hard things are in their countries and they know their leaders no send them at all, so they have to use any opportunity they have to secure for themselves and there family..abi shey na patriotism they wan chop?.. Unlike these Greece guys, they already have a better life in their country atleast an average person is comfortable and has access to basic human needs, so the money really means nothing to them.
I don't think the African players are being greedy, I think they are simply being wise!

4 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by dre11(m): 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
Hin no fit happen for Africa joor.....
We like money pass anytin for here

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by akanbiaa(m): 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
Odunharry: i am not rily suprised....their economy is bad and b4 the world cup,some of their players said they wanna put a smile on the face of the Greeks
at least they know their economy is bad as a result of natural economic melt down and not corruption and mismanagement.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by ZUBY77(m): 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
That is what the mental impoverished Africans are fighting over

6 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Odunharry(m): 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
akanbi a a: at least they know their economy is bad as a result of natural economic melt down and not corruption and mismanagement.
yap..kudos to them

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by MillionDollars: 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
Word Opposite
Nigeria Greece

3 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Odunharry(m): 5:22pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nobleval: More like"use it to resurrect our dying economy.
yap
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by delishpot: 5:22pm On Jun 29, 2014
aManFromMars: They can afford to do that over there. They reward patriotism.

Back in Nigeria, to be a patriot is to yearn for poverty. Mediocrity is rewarded and honoured. Be a militant and earn salary from the government. Dine with them at Aso Rock.

Crooks get pardons. Our soldiers are slaughtered daily by Boko haram..

*goes back to spaceship, will be back to continue my rant*

Take me with you please, me sef don tire. Amanfrommars agrees. Delishpot be like cheesy and
Enters the space ship #thethingfinenobesmall ********* suddenly delishpot remembers Wait, stop stop abeg******Climbs down******* biko amanfrommars wait here for me I dey come back now now.*************** goes into my bombed house************returns with ma mom, dad, bros, sis, sis inlaw,kids, neices, nephews, cousines, grand ma, great grand ma, grand pa, great grand pa, murphy the dog, kiara the cat, my goats and cow.***********manfrommars be like shocked********* oya drive we don complete.
Eh, I been forget ma honey I don come back to pick am.
Back to marssssss! #THEPLACEFINENOBESMALL
Shauraout to UCHENNN for reminding me that I forgot wifey. God bless and remember you always to the 100th generation after you. You are highly carried.

3 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nche95(m): 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2014
hazekctravels:
even if our players decide to do it, our NFA officials will embezzle the money meant for the project, so wats the need..corruption is the gap between Nigeria and development. from leaders to followers are corrupt.. i rest my case
therefore, corruption has come to stay in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
akanbi a a: are we not sons of awolowo, Azikwe, Ahmadu bello and tafa balewa?

How can you compare classical philosophers to polarized politicians ?

Can you enlist literary works publish by your so called founding fathers ?

3 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nche95(m): 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2014
aManFromMars: They can afford to do that over there. They reward patriotism.

Back in Nigeria, to be a patriot is to yearn for poverty. Mediocrity is rewarded and honoured. Be a militant and earn salary from the government. Dine with them at Aso Rock.

Crooks get pardons. Our soldiers are slaughtered daily by Boko haram..

*goes back to spaceship, will be back to continue my rant*
i'm RBY (right behind you)
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by delishpot: 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nche95:
i'm RBY (right behind you)

Go back. Spaceship don full.
We no want extras.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
alekside: The difference in mentality is clear.

so clear, i couldn't have said it better.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by EnterPRO: 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
very Spartan of them !
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by spikesC(m): 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
if they play and don't get paid, ya'll bite the government.
if they ask for payment before they play, ya'll bite the players.

Children of Africa, where do you stand.
Corruption is not our problem, it is how we respond to situations at any time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Birmingham Fan Runs Into The Pitch, Punches Jack Grealish On The Head / Ex-Eagles Get-Together: Kanu, Okocha, Amokachi, Ikpeba, Siasia, Yobo (Video) / NFF Releases Super Eagles Squad List For Friendly Against Brazil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.