Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus (34308 Views)

Greeceā€™s Surprising Request After Turning Down World Cup Bonus / Costa Rica Vs Greece World Cup (5 -3) On Penalties On 29th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by adonis89(m): 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2014
jakiedudu: Very admirable. I think the Greece National team gave a good account of themselves thus far in the world cup. Sadly African players are more concern about money than playing for the glory for their countries.
guy forget dat glory. Nigeria is not dying for. football is business
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by emflex(m): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
Same way i just turned down a lap dance for the NED vs MEX match.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by hensben(m): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
anybody wey type say african/nigeria players greedy go collect e-slap from me, tell GEJ not to collect his allowances first then the player will follow suit. #hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
#SALUTE!

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by delishpot: 6:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nche95:
*talking to myself* this is why i hate allowing Nigerians into this spaceship. you allow them, they start looking for allowance.
*bundles him out from the chair..opens window.....lift him alittle higher....throws him out throught the window.....closed window..*
Lubbish!

Lol game over, how you want face my people now?

Ha ha last laugh You joining me down there man, see ya soon.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by henchamb(m): 6:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
Odunharry: i am not rily suprised....their economy is bad and b4 the world cup,some of their players said they wanna put a smile on the face of the Greeks

bro that we read on news that their economy is bad does not mean that naija GDP per person is better than theirs. that cant be an excuse for african teams to threaten their nations that they will boycott their games unless they are paid

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by victorv12(m): 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
Greece is not a third world country like most of African countries. It's their culture to give. That's the land of Alexander the great, Aristotle and where democracy originated from...They've good role models.

But in Africa, especially Nigeria, we celebrate criminals from the beginning. We breed people like Abacha, Obasanjo, Jonathan, Danjuma and some other selfish greedy disgruntled leaders, which we eventually embraced their selfish lifestyles. Most of our leaders came from a terrible background, that's why they won't give us anything for free and most Nigerians has embraced the culture too aswell. From day one, nothing was given to them on a platter,so nothing is free. It's not in our culture to give, love and sacrifice.

@ op, if you are expecting our super eagles to dash out their bonuses that was nearly eaten by the NFA rats, my guy, it won't work. It's not in our culture to give! In the first place, the system doesn't want to give them anything...if they give away their bonuses while playing soccer and they got themselves injured, its at their own peril!

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by arsetalks(m): 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
Very noble of them unlike our own Super Eagles who are demanding appearance fee when FIFA is yet to do all their deductions and actually pay the appearance fee.

What makes it even odder is the fact that virtually all the Greek players are regulars in their respective clubs.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nche95(m): 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
delishpot:

Lol game over, how you want face my people now?

Ha ha last laugh You joining me down there man, see ya soon.
hahaha. hope you are enjoying this match. the flying dutch man hasnt done anything yet.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Kossyne(m): 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
delishpot:

Take me with you please, me sef don tire. Amanfrommars agrees. Delishpot be like cheesy and
Enters the space ship #thethingfinenobesmall ********* suddenly delishpot remembers Wait, stop stop abeg******Climbs down******* biko amanfrommars wait here for me I dey come back now now.*************** goes into my bombed house************returns with ma mom, dad, bros, sis, sis inlaw,kids, neices, nephews, cousines, grand ma, great grand ma, grand pa, great grand pa, murphy the dog, kiara the cat, my goats and cow.***********manfrommars be like shocked********* oya drive we don complete.

Hello!!!...are you still with us?

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by revelationuche: 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
D guiy is fake!!! Na mumu dey wori am shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
I can never agree with some peeps asking Nigerian players to follow the step of Greece !

If Nigerian Players should reject their allowance even the President and NFF's chairman will follow share the bounty .........

Some guys would be running up and down under the sun while some dudes will be sharing their effort under the AC ... Callin dem fools !!

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by nora544: 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
victorv12: Greece is not a third world country like most of African countries. It's their culture to give. That's the land of Alexander the great, Aristotle and where democracy originated from...They've good role models.

But in Africa, especially Nigeria, we celebrate criminals from the beginning. We breed people like Abacha, Obasanjo, Jonathan, Danjuma and some other selfish greedy disgruntled leaders, which we eventually embraces their selfish lifestyles. Most of our leaders came from a terrible background, that's why they won't give us anything for free and most Nigerians has embraced the culture too aswell. From day one, nothing was given to them on a platter,so nothing is free. It's not in our culture to give, love and sacrifice.

@ op, if you are expecting our super eagles to dash out their bonuses that was nearly eaten by the NFA rats, my guy, it won't work. It's not in our culture to give! In the first place, the system doesn't want to give them anything...if they give away their bonuses while playing soccer and they got themselves injured, its at their own peril!

Greece is a christian country where they know what it mean to give, not like Nigeria where all want and the word give they never hear.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by farano(f): 6:14pm On Jun 29, 2014
Wow! Maybe their needs are limited undecided
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by delishpot: 6:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
Kossyne:

Hello!!!...are you still with us?

Yes o, I just survived a fall from a space ship. Its all good God dey. No worry when dem give us our own bonus, we go take half, give motherless babies and widows the remaining half.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by sarutobi: 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2014
neutralwaya: What do you expect from the sons of Aristotle , Socrates and Plato ?

Cradle of European Civilization

You forgot Archimedes.

Stories like this makes me shake my head.

Well said my brother.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by inice(m): 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
Read the lines well. The Greek players have atleast a good welfare. Its not like that here in Africa where they even want to collect from the players if possible. I think its the African Government that should have a rethink, before the players. God help us
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by ayo84(m): 6:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
in nigeria , the most honourable thing to do is collect your bonus and donate it to charity, some dubious mufo in the nff would simply chop d money

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
sarutobi:

You forgot Archimedes.

Stories like this makes me shake my head.

Well said my brother.

Yeah man, you got the gist cool
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by duddey(m): 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
My friend,dis is Africa & not eaurope whr d system is functioning!!u just tell dem to use d money to build sport centre or any oda facility,dat will be to ur own detriment becos d money will be shared before it gets back here!

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
Because of this, I want Greece to win this world cup.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Litmus: 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
I always try to point out to Nigerians that nobody out there really gives two cents for you and your complaints. Some types of Nigerians think the world is with them when they go out there talking about so-called Nigerian corruption.They go out there on social median and forums talking crap about their country and leaders to the outside world and feel and odd type of pride when these foreigners assist them in cussing Nigeria. When for instance, Hillery Clinton sneers at Nigerian leaders, so that her rotten teeth shows, Nigerians swell with pride, thinking that the West cares and is with the common man. Nigerians don't know that Hillery probably just hates your leaders for daring to swagger and share international limelight with her superior white self. Looking down on your leaders is their way of massively looking down on you. If you cuss your leaders and elevate their leaders above yours then you are worst than nothing.

How does the above relate to the topic?

Well, all those times when Nigerian football players went throwing tantrums about bonuses and fees, people like me stated that they were acting shameful and unpatriotic. But others stated that the players should complain and not keep quiet, that people like me were the cause of corruption, because we excused corruption. The players should shame Nigeria, shame the big men- rant, rant, rani the world will see the dirty linen, Nigeria tries to hide rant, rant, rant .

I used to argue that Nigerians carried corruption for their head as if we invented the word. It's slave mentality, I've complained, a throwback to imperialism when the whites tried to excuse their wrong doing by blaming blacks for the mistake of colonialism. They whites would say, its your fault that things went wrong, the poll-tax is a good thing, its your fault that it went wrong, stop blaming us for your problems, blame yourselves. Things will only improve with you blacks if you accept that the problem is yours.

And so we encouraged the players to complain about bonuses, making them feel that a fight for bonuses was a blow against corruption. The players, motivated by greed, forgetting their dignity, and Nigerian upbringing, which encourages class, fortitude, decorum, respect and so on, lost their true priorities and felt justified in their greed.

Nigerians that have not forgotten their culture and upbringing could see the truth of the matter but it was always going to take the White-man -in this case the Greek players- to reveal the truth, to some people, of what we've been trying to point out for a long time.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Mixty: 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
Difference in motivation. Wish Nigerian team can be this patriotic

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
...I am impressed with the Greece gesture.they imbibed love for their country,unlike all these useless African countries,mostly Nigeria.despite all their riches they still protesting over stipend.I wish Africa should always put their country first...

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Kossyne(m): 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
Quite a noble act from the greek, patriotic and commendable I'll say. But I didn't hear the Spanish, or English players rejecting their bonuses or using it for charity, which makes me wonder why some folks are so eager to criticize the SE or other African teams for asking for what's due to them.

Truth be told, the length they went to demand for their bonuses might be a bit extreme, but if they don't do it the hard way, their govt won't budge.

Don't get me wrong. I don't support unpatrotism, but let's put ourselves in the shoes of these guys, would we have acted differently?..Let's not be in a hurry to write off our players or Africans at the slightest provocation. Greed cuts across race, countries, religion, region etc. Its not an African phenomenom.Let's stop acting as if we are next door neighbours to the Devil.

YOU CAN'T EXPECT PEOPLE TO LOVE YOU WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN LOVE YOURSELF
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by cheguevera: 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
WHITE MAN ASS KISSERS. YOU bleeps THINK THE GREEKS ARE JUST ACTING
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by IFELEKE(m): 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
lat4real:

Mikel Obi, is that you?
Nope,am sharper than that lad
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Aida13: 6:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
Well done to Greece but when in Rome do as Romans do so Nigerians must always act Naija and demand their due. Because they know how much those in the government and the sports governing bodies are corrupt and using the money from World cup to line their pockets. This is not the era to form "This is Sparta" so the Eagles boys should demand what they like. After all which other team had rejected their bonus? Just Greece. Oya clap for them.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Synthase(m): 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
Very admirable indeed, however, we cannot totally fault African players for demanding their allowances, the Greek knows that their request for the proper channeling of the money they rejected will be answered, Africa nko? Some corrupt officials will just divert the same money the players choose not to take, to themselves!
jakiedudu: Very admirable. I think the Greece National team gave a good account of themselves thus far in the world cup. Sadly African players are more concern about money than playing for the glory for their countries.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Kingbritt(m): 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
*picks up a handkerchief and wipes a tear from eyes*
If only de useless blackstars had just an iota of it angry

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by 3nairalandcom: 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2014
I think I see this guys playing final

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by uchennn: 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
delishpot:

Take me with you please, me sef don tire. Amanfrommars agrees. Delishpot be like cheesy and
Enters the space ship #thethingfinenobesmall ********* suddenly delishpot remembers Wait, stop stop abeg******Climbs down******* biko amanfrommars wait here for me I dey come back now now.*************** goes into my bombed house************returns with ma mom, dad, bros, sis, sis inlaw,kids, neices, nephews, cousines, grand ma, great grand ma, grand pa, great grand pa, murphy the dog, kiara the cat, my goats and cow.***********manfrommars be like shocked********* oya drive we don complete.
Oga, you no carry your wife?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire / A Birmingham Fan Runs Into The Pitch, Punches Jack Grealish On The Head / Ex-Eagles Get-Together: Kanu, Okocha, Amokachi, Ikpeba, Siasia, Yobo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.