Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus (34307 Views)

Greece’s Surprising Request After Turning Down World Cup Bonus / Costa Rica Vs Greece World Cup (5 -3) On Penalties On 29th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by miqos02(m): 5:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
aManFromMars: They can afford to do that over there. They reward patriotism.

Back in Nigeria, to be a patriot is to yearn for poverty. Mediocrity is rewarded and honoured. Be a militant and earn salary from the government. Dine with them at Aso Rock.

Crooks get pardons. Our soldiers are slaughtered daily by Boko haram..

*goes back to spaceship, will be back to continue my rant*
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Lucasbalo(m): 5:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
alekside: The difference in mentality is clear.
You are correct my friend. Patriotism at work and that's lacking in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nche95(m): 5:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
delishpot:

Go back. Spaceship don full.
We no want extras.
*tear him slap*
spaceship wey me be the conductor, na em you dey tell me say em don full.
*tear him slap again*

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by sixtusjr(m): 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
That one na their wahala, Abeg make em play my players.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nche95(m): 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
lat4real:

Mikel Obi, is that you?
lol. you are crazy.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Charbless(m): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
jakiedudu: Very admirable. I think the Greece National team gave a good account of themselves thus far in the world cup. Sadly African players are more concern about money than playing for the glory for their countries.
If na U nko? Won't u demand d money

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Lilnikee(m): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
They will still lose.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by delishpot: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nche95:
*tear him slap*
spaceship wey me be the conductor, na em you dey tell me say em don full.
*tear him slap again*

cry there is God. Oya na enter go sidon for that side, no not there!*******To the left ehen! *****Yes, right beside the cow. Good. happy now? #Paybackforthehotslaps.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Lucasbalo(m): 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Odunharry: i am not rily suprised....their economy is bad and b4 the world cup,some of their players said they wanna put a smile on the face of the Greeks
Yes you are right about their economy but it's still better than naija economy.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by sage2(m): 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2014
It is hard to do this when you have a national assembly whose members earns tens of millions for doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Ijaya123: 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
While we are all blaming the Nigerian footballers for not being patriotic, let's ask ourselves, how many of us, assuming we are footballers can play for this country for pride and tell the govt to keep the bonuses?

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by redsun(m): 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2014
Bantino: Can this happen in Africa??

Because african players are in a true rat race,if they forefit their bonuses,the officials will see their action as answered prayers from jesus/mohammmad,pocket the money and give ten percent tithes to churches and mosques.And the pastors or bishops/iams will even fast more on their behalf.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by NaLaugh: 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2014
Super Eagles be like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by akanbiaa(m): 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
neutralwaya:

How can you compare classical philosophers to polarized politicians ?

Can you enlist literary works publish by your so called founding fathers ?
ok if you are not proud to associate yourself with those I mentioned, what of Wole Soyinka, chinua Achebe and Zulu shofola? It's what we have we make use of and be proud of.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by hensben(m): 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2014
abatically: Nice gesture from the Greek team. Not only Greece, most European countries don't pay much, it is the pride for players to play for their countries. You know why? Because their countries got their back and their government provide everything they need for them.

In Africa the case is different. Most African leaders are corrupt, they fill their pockets at the expense of citizens. So u can't really blame football players who demand for bonus before playing. They are doing their job and should be paid accordingly, or is it better the government put the money in their own pocket? Africa is like a jungle, survival of the fittest. Take naija for example, if after 2 years a player in the Super Eagles get injured and ruins his career while playing for the country, and he goes bankrupt. We all will be asking what he did with all the money he made. The government will wash their hands off such player. We have seen cases of past heroes now living in penury and the country can't do anything to help them.

In this country, u need to grab what u can grab while u have the opportunity. Same thing our politicians are doing, so u can't really blame the players. The government is not doing anything for them, the least they can do is get paid for their work.
bro you just nailed it at the head, this is the situation of africa i tell ya

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Xmo10000(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
Looking for where u could sell and buy finz for free?? Meet new hot babes around nigeria ?? Then visit these link to get strted http://affiliate.mobofree.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=876
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by W3xy1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
I dont the players though. They are entitled to it so let them collect the money. I think the insult should be directed to our leaders. They should lead by example. They should stop collecting those huge allowances

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nche95(m): 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
delishpot:

cry there is God. Oya na enter go sidon for that side, no not there!*******To the left ehen! *****Yes, right beside the cow. Good. happy now? #Paybackforthehotslaps.
*talking to myself* this is why i hate allowing Nigerians into this spaceship. you allow them, they start looking for allowance.
*bundles him out from the chair..opens window.....lift him alittle higher....throws him out throught the window.....closed window..*
Lubbish!

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Chrisx1x(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
Africans are extremely greedy!!! Thats one reason why we cnt win d world cup

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Sylverbox(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
J0nyb0y: how much is the bonus?
the amount in this case doesn't matter. They have shown true patriotism and that is what is expected of every team. cool

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by hensben(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
Misterpaul: We shouldn't blame the African players for demanding for there bonuses, they already know how hard things are in their countries and they know their leaders no send them at all, so they have to use any opportunity they have to secure for themselves and there family..abi shey na patriotism they wan chop?.. Unlike these Greece guys, they already have a better life in their country atleast an average person is comfortable and has access to basic human needs, so the money really means nothing to them.
I don't think the African players are being greedy, I think they are simply being wise!
another sensible post.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by teddyflexz: 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ya ll r jst here lamentin and commending d greece players for rejctin dia money and criticising africa for agitatin for theirs... U guys need 2 b fair here. if any of u is opportuned 2 b in dat squad, u will d same. How do u xpect a home base player who s lucky 2 b in d national teeam to reject such an amount wen he s not sure of bein given a by big clubs in europ. U don't even take cognizance of d hardship in african countries. can u compare greece wit nigeria in terms of standard of living of d citizens? Greece players can leav dia moni(fine). The govt of dia country s very conerned abt d welfare of dia citizen so life is easier for dem compare to africa. U wnt dis players(expecialy d ones dat hav nt realy made it big) to com bak and continue struggling? In a country like Nigeria, if d players rejet dia bonus, d money will b cunnered and notin wil hapen.. So wats d essence. Abeg free dis guys mak govt pay dem dia moni. Or hav u ever heard dat d Gudluck rejected his allowance for one month?

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Karleb(m): 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
abatically: Nice gesture from the Greek team. Not only Greece, most European countries don't pay much, it is the pride for players to play for their countries. You know why? Because their countries got their back and their government provide everything they need for them.

In Africa the case is different. Most African leaders are corrupt, they fill their pockets at the expense of citizens. So u can't really blame football players who demand for bonus before playing. They are doing their job and should be paid accordingly, or is it better the government put the money in their own pocket? Africa is like a jungle, survival of the fittest. Take naija for example, if after 2 years a player in the Super Eagles get injured and ruins his career while playing for the country, and he goes bankrupt. We all will be asking what he did with all the money he made. The government will wash their hands off such player. We have seen cases of past heroes now living in penury and the country can't do anything to help them.

In this country, u need to grab what u can grab while u have the opportunity. Same thing our politicians are doing, so u can't really blame the players. The government is not doing anything for them, the least they can do is get paid for their work.

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by abatically(m): 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
I'm advanced countries, say USA or UK, they have opportunities and privileges being a citizen. The standard of living is very good. In most African countries, what privilege do u have for being a citizen? Absolutely nothing. And u want players to play for free while politicians embezzle billions? Patriotism my foot. No benefit for patriotism in the country.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by UrbanMystique: 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
aManFromMars: They can afford to do that over there. They reward patriotism.

Back in Nigeria, to be a patriot is to yearn for poverty. Mediocrity is rewarded and honoured. Be a militant and earn salary from the government. Dine with them at Aso Rock.

Crooks get pardons. Our soldiers are slaughtered daily by Boko haram..

*goes back to spaceship, will be back to continue my rant*
besides, if they didn't collect the money, it will probably end up in the pocket of the greedy NFA chairmen that will use it to marry another wife.. I support the actions of the players

2 Likes

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by henchamb(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2014
a new definition of the GREEK GIFT.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by ITbomb(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
hazekctravels:
even if our players decide to do it, our NFA officials will embezzle the money meant for the project, so wats the need..corruption is the gap between Nigeria and development. from leaders to followers are corrupt.. i rest my case
THis is the post I have been searching for.

The problem is that, we know that the money is there and if it is not shared, another person will take it and Nigerians are just too docile to question how the money was spent.

Our players cannot try that because they know such a building project will never be done.

Corruption at the high level prevents those at the lower chain to exercise patriotism.

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by abatically(m): 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
[quote author=Karleb][/quote]
grin grin grin not just an iPhone, I want the gold one.
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Bodmas06: 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
I'm proud of u guys! #TeamGreece

1 Like

Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
akanbi a a: ok if you are not proud to associate yourself with those I mentioned, what of Wole Soyinka, chinua Achebe and Zulu shofola? It's what we have we make use of and be proud of.

Now you are talking cool In fact, men of fundamental value. Our boys know these men ?

Can our boys trade on stock/foreign xchange market with their extra bonuses ?

Or are they money miss roads undecided
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by chrisdoller(m): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
Even if γ̲̣̣̥o̲̣̥υ̲̣̥ do it here some polthiefians will coner d money and write appreciation letter on Your behalf tankin d GEJ for his kind gestures meanwhile d cash wwill be history S̶̲̥̅o I still stick with super eaglle untill our polithicians starts been patrotic in there own way
Re: Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus by Libkid(m): 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2014
D mentality is clear.one playing for glory the oda playing for money!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire / A Birmingham Fan Runs Into The Pitch, Punches Jack Grealish On The Head / Ex-Eagles Get-Together: Kanu, Okocha, Amokachi, Ikpeba, Siasia, Yobo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.