Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,108 members, 7,835,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (680142 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Smileface2020(m): 8:53am On Feb 13, 2015
Good am Ma, I hope you slept good. Pls, I ve some questions that I need you to help me and answer. I went for my interview last Month I answered all the whole questions the CO ask me without telling any lie but at the end a white letter was handed to me which states that under section 221g my case will remain pending while it will be returning back to the states with a recommendation is revoked.... I want to know how long it can take ur office to send the paper work back to USCIS and how long will it take USCIS to respond back. Am asking this question base on our experience with USCIS at the first stage when my wife filed the I-130 for me it took us such a long time before our case was approved by USCIS though I understand they have a whole lots of peoples cases with them.. My wife and I are wondering if I was not approve because of our age gap. Can age gap be the cause of my denied because we have such a long age gap though we love each other that is what matters to me. We have know each other now for 4 years. Am ready to wait since I don't have anything to be Alfred about during my interview I did the best I could do and am happy I never lied nor argue with the CO I just want to know how long we will have to wait. I will be looking forward to hear back from you. Have a bless day......

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:05am On Feb 13, 2015
Smileface2020:
Good am Ma, I hope you slept good. Pls, I ve some questions that I need you to help me and answer. I went for my interview last Month I answered all the whole questions the CO ask me without telling any lie but at the end a white letter was handed to me which states that under section 221g my case will remain pending while it will be returning back to the states with a recommendation is revoked.... I want to know how long it can take ur office to send the paper work back to USCIS and how long will it take USCIS to respond back. Am asking this question base on our experience with USCIS at the first stage when my wife filed the I-130 for me it took us such a long time before our case was approved by USCIS though I understand they have a whole lots of peoples cases with them.. My wife and I are wondering if I was not approve because of our age gap. Can age gap be the cause of my denied because we have such a long age gap though we love each other that is what matters to me. We have know each other now for 4 years. Am ready to wait since I don't have anything to be Alfred about during my interview I did the best I could do and am happy I never lied nor argue with the CO I just want to know how long we will have to wait. I will be looking forward to hear back from you. Have a bless day......

Thank you for your inquiry. We return the cases to USCIS every few weeks or sooner (when there are enough to fill the shipping box), and it can take USCIS several weeks or months to review each case. For I-130s, USCIS will contact the petitioner and give her the opportunity to respond.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Smileface2020(m): 9:09am On Feb 13, 2015
Okay..... Thanks for ur quick respond. Now what about the age gap could that be the reason for my denied. Thanks once again for ur help
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tosintestimony: 9:25am On Feb 13, 2015
VisaOfficer:

smiley. Yup VO, You dont know how relieved i am, infact i exclaimed joyfully when & got the email . And truthfully, we were given a date earlier than expected, this doubles our joy. I know the Lord will complete the rest.
I want to confirm from you, what the fee is going to be. Since our correspondence has been directly with NVC , & we have made certain payment as we proceeded in the case, i believe the next payment at day of interview will be $160 ( not $325), am i correct?

The case came in yesterday and we e-mailed you about your appointment date. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:52am On Feb 13, 2015
Smileface2020:
Okay..... Thanks for ur quick respond. Now what about the age gap could that be the reason for my denied. Thanks once again for ur help

We do not send cases back recommending revocation just because the petitioner and beneficiary are not the same age.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by amiableobi: 10:53am On Feb 13, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Is it a follow-up interview? If so, we'll let you know about medicals at the time of your interview.

This is my first interview since I started. They said the documentation is ok and scheduled me for interview. They didn't say anything but medicals but still don't want to be caught unawares. Will I be told to go for medicals after the interview or I should just go to the hospital in lagos and get it done for my interview
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:10am On Feb 13, 2015
amiableobi:

This is my first interview since I started. They said the documentation is ok and scheduled me for interview. They didn't say anything but medicals but still don't want to be caught unawares. Will I be told to go for medicals after the interview or I should just go to the hospital in lagos and get it done for my interview

You should see one of our panel physicians. Their contact information is:

Dr. Alexandra Anga
The Consultants Practice
The Children’s Practice
25 Raymond Njoku
Ikoyi
Lagos
Telephone: 01-461-1941
Cell: 0706-585-9845, 0809-354-0899

Dr. Funmi Alakija
Q-Life Family Clinic
Plot 155A Prince Ade Odedina Street
Off Ajose Adegun,
Victoria Island Annexe
Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: 01-804-2000, 01-726-2840
Cell: 0702-770-4055

You may also wish to review http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html for more information about what to expect.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:12am On Feb 13, 2015
tosintestimony:

smiley. Yup VO, You dont know how relieved i am, infact i exclaimed joyfully when & got the email . And truthfully, we were given a date earlier than expected, this doubles our joy. I know the Lord will complete the rest.
I want to confirm from you, what the fee is going to be. Since our correspondence has been directly with NVC , & we have made certain payment as we proceeded in the case, i believe the next payment at day of interview will be $160 ( not $325), am i correct

If you have not yet paid the IV interview fee of $325, you will need to pay it on the date of your interview.

Where did you get the $160 figure? I ask because if that's somewhere on our website as an IV fee, I need to correct it. $160 is the fee for non-immigrant visa interviews.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tosintestimony: 5:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
VisaOfficer:

If you have not yet paid the IV interview fee of $325, you will need to pay it on the date of your interview.

Where did you get the $160 figure? I ask because if that's somewhere on our website as an IV fee, I need to correct it. $160 is the fee for non-immigrant visa interviews.

My bad, I meant $165, (which is the USCIS fee). i ask this with reference to the FAQ I received in my correspondence with LagosIV@state.gov (see below)
Q: Do I owe any money for the visas? What are the visa fees?

A: If you have been receiving documentation from the National Visa Center, then most likely you have already paid the visa fee. If not, see http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html for the list of fees.
Fees at the U.S. Consulate can be paid in dollars or in equivalent Naira at the current U.S. Consulate exchange rate. You may not ‘mix’ payments and pay for one fee in both Naira and USD.

And also according to the website http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee "If you are immigrating to the United States as a lawful permanent resident, you must pay the $165 USCIS Immigrant Fee, unless you meet one of the exemptions".

With these two information above, I want to clarify if it means we are exempted from paying the $325 and will only have to paying $165 which is for USCIS to produce the green card?.

Also my 2nd question, there were changes made to my address. as at the time of the I-130 processing, I was deployed to South Korea so we put my address in Pennsylvania while filling the DS260 form. A few months ago I returned to the state and am posted to Virginia. As such, my new address is in Virginia. We have notified NVC about the change of address long time before now, in other words they have my current address of Virginia on file. Does my husband need to notify the Officer about this during his interview or that is something that has to do with immigration officer when he gets to POE in the States. Thanks (Hopefully my last question wink )
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chevyus52: 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
I would like a advice ..

My story: In 2001 I enter in US without inspection(illegal) ..I lived(unlawfuly) in USA until 2004 then I left the country..(I didn’t do anything illegal in Usa or other places..my criminal record is clear)
In 2008 I apply at consulate for a tourist visa..i stated in my application I Never was in USA…consulate denied visa base on 214(b) INA …the consulate didn’t find i wasn t truthfuly on the application ..
Next year me and my fiacee would like to apply for a K1 visa(fiancé visa)..
-it pass 10 years from when I left USA..
what need to do before I aply for K1?
I will be find of “misrepresentation or fraud”? how about if I go to consulate to tell the true before they will find out?
Or I is something else to be done?
Will my K1 visa will be approved if on application I will tell the true about my previous application and say I was living in US from 2001-2004?
i dont feel good abouth this but i would like to know what can i do to repair my mitake.
Thank you for your advice.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Yinks2015: 7:41am On Feb 14, 2015
Good morning Visaofficer,

I'll like to first thank you for your help and sincere concern for my case last year December when I found out I couldn't travel with my children. It was indeed a heart breaking experience for me. Thank you all again for your support. Everyone at consular office was very sympathetic and helpful to get me moving forward. (case LGS2014615012)

Now, I need more help although I don't know if you'll be able to help but I believe you will direct me to the right place. I have since arrived in the US and received my Permanent Resident Card. I want my children to join me like yesterday!!!!

I know I'm to go to the USCIS website, I will but need to know for sure what to do because one of my children's original birth certificate was not returned to me along with the other original documents. I was so disoriented on that day that I couldn't think. (Every member at the Consular Office, I salute you all, you were there for me-Thank you all again.)

I had contacted LagosIV@state.gov and I was told that whatever document that was not returned to me at the interview will be attached to my travel packet. This was true as my daughters BC was returned, however my son's BC was not included.

I am ready to apply for my children now and I know they will ask for the original BCs for both children, Pls advise.

If you are directing me to the USCIS website, can you please direct me to a specific page that will help me?

Thank you while awaiting your usual prompt assistance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
Happy valentine's day to our angelic VO. Thks for your love towards all in immigration processing.God bless you ma

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
tosintestimony:

My bad, I meant $165, (which is the USCIS fee). i ask this with reference to the FAQ I received in my correspondence with LagosIV@state.gov (see below)
Q: Do I owe any money for the visas? What are the visa fees?

A: If you have been receiving documentation from the National Visa Center, then most likely you have already paid the visa fee. If not, see http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html for the list of fees.
Fees at the U.S. Consulate can be paid in dollars or in equivalent Naira at the current U.S. Consulate exchange rate. You may not ‘mix’ payments and pay for one fee in both Naira and USD.

And also according to the website http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee "If you are immigrating to the United States as a lawful permanent resident, you must pay the $165 USCIS Immigrant Fee, unless you meet one of the exemptions".

With these two information above, I want to clarify if it means we are exempted from paying the $325 and will only have to paying $165 which is for USCIS to produce the green card?.

There's no exemption from the $325 (per person!) fee. Either it's already been paid to NVC, or it must be paid on the day of the interview.

The $165 (per person) is paid after the interview, but before you enter the United States. It's paid directly to USCIS and is the fee for producing the Legal Permanent Resident card. I've attached a document with more information...

Also my 2nd question, there were changes made to my address. as at the time of the I-130 processing, I was deployed to South Korea so we put my address in Pennsylvania while filling the DS260 form. A few months ago I returned to the state and am posted to Virginia. As such, my new address is in Virginia. We have notified NVC about the change of address long time before now, in other words they have my current address of Virginia on file. Does my husband need to notify the Officer about this during his interview or that is something that has to do with immigration officer when he gets to POE in the States. Thanks (Hopefully my last question wink )

We don't need to know about the address change here at post. It's a good idea to let USCIS know in case they need to contact you, though.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
chevyus52:
I would like a advice ..

My story: In 2001 I enter in US without inspection(illegal) ..I lived(unlawfuly) in USA until 2004 then I left the country..(I didn’t do anything illegal in Usa or other places..my criminal record is clear)
In 2008 I apply at consulate for a tourist visa..i stated in my application I Never was in USA…consulate denied visa base on 214(b) INA …the consulate didn’t find i wasn t truthfuly on the application ..
Next year me and my fiacee would like to apply for a K1 visa(fiancé visa)..
-it pass 10 years from when I left USA..
what need to do before I aply for K1?
I will be find of “misrepresentation or fraud”? how about if I go to consulate to tell the true before they will find out?
Or I is something else to be done?
Will my K1 visa will be approved if on application I will tell the true about my previous application and say I was living in US from 2001-2004?
i dont feel good abouth this but i would like to know what can i do to repair my mitake.
Thank you for your advice.

Well, if you have no other criminal history, and you left the U.S. in 2004, the ten-year ban you incurred for being there illegally has already expired. You should just tell the truth about it. If you attempt to conceal this history, and the officer finds out, it will make us wonder what ELSE you're attempting to conceal. So the truth is always best.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
Yinks2015:
Good morning Visaofficer,

I'll like to first thank you for your help and sincere concern for my case last year December when I found out I couldn't travel with my children. It was indeed a heart breaking experience for me. Thank you all again for your support. Everyone at consular office was very sympathetic and helpful to get me moving forward. (case LGS2014615012)

Now, I need more help although I don't know if you'll be able to help but I believe you will direct me to the right place. I have since arrived in the US and received my Permanent Resident Card. I want my children to join me like yesterday!!!!

I know I'm to go to the USCIS website, I will but need to know for sure what to do because one of my children's original birth certificate was not returned to me along with the other original documents. I was so disoriented on that day that I couldn't think. (Every member at the Consular Office, I salute you all, you were there for me-Thank you all again.)

I had contacted LagosIV@state.gov and I was told that whatever document that was not returned to me at the interview will be attached to my travel packet. This was true as my daughters BC was returned, however my son's BC was not included.

I am ready to apply for my children now and I know they will ask for the original BCs for both children, Pls advise.

If you are directing me to the USCIS website, can you please direct me to a specific page that will help me?

Thank you while awaiting your usual prompt assistance.

Glad to hear you're doing well and preparing to file for your children!

The bad news is that we really don't have your son's birth certificate here. We don't keep anything here at post. We either return it directly to the applicant, or we include it in the visa packet. And your son will need to show a birth certificate. My advice is to get a replacement from the NPC. (It's not really the original we need to see -- what we need to see is an officially issued document, which can be the original or a replacement.)

Best of luck and I hope you're all reunited very soon!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
adeworth1:
Happy valentine's day to our angelic VO. Thks for your love towards all in immigration processing.God bless you ma

Wishing you a lovely and wonderful day!

Monday's a federal holiday for us, so, see you all on Tuesday. Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sexysb: 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hello Visa Officer smiley

Please, can you help me out?

I'm permanently resident in England. I have travelled to the US before and I subsequently had my visa renewed.

I was given a B1/B2 visa and the purpose for my trip (declared on the form and at the interview) was for tourism/vacation. This was before I got married/got pregnant. I have not used the visa since then.

I'm pregnant and I'm considering going to the US to give birth. I know I'm entitled to free NHS care in England but I'm able to comfortably afford the cost of childbirth in the US.

Do I have to notify the US Consulate at London of my change in plans or should I travel to US for a brief vacation (as originally planned), return and then fly out again to have my baby?

I'm confused and I want to do what's right to avoid any issues at the POE or with any subsequent visa renewal.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Hopeful1987: 9:59pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hello V O,

Thank You for the amazing work you are doing , selfless service! My husband filed an i130 petition for me in my maiden name, we are about to submit documents to NVC and I want to procure a new passport in my married name, so that my green card and other docs would be in my married name. What do I do to make this possible. Thank Youn
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ednutey(f): 11:19pm On Feb 14, 2015
hi vo

i just stumbled on dis thread n i will say u r really doin a great job. now my question is, my husbands case was approved on d 18th of dec 2014 with form I-130 Immigration pettition for relative. we are supposes to recieve d approval notice latest by Jan 17 2015 but didnt get it, what do u think we should do next. thanks alot

let me add dat its his mom dat applied on his behalf
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by orbis(m): 12:05am On Feb 16, 2015
Hi VO...I would like to know the wait period the spouse of a US born citizen would wait before being issued the spouse visa. For someone who has already filed for a IR1 visa, what would happen if he fills for a K3 visa to expedite the process of bringing his spouse over. What are the timeframe for both visa categories.
I must commend you're doing a good job here. Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sandfield: 12:25am On Feb 16, 2015
Sir,I applied for a US student VISA and was denied twice.When I applied to the institution I used my fathers surname,but when I am filling out the Visa application form,I mistakely used mm my great grand father's name as my father's surname,could this be the reason why am been denied?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by olumighty(m): 9:02am On Feb 16, 2015
Hello Visa Officer,

An I-130 Petition for Alien Relative was recently filled for me by my sister and the case has been accepted and a case receipt number issued and received. Please I will like to know the following:
1. How long it take in the minimum to get the whole filing sorted out?
2. A listed activities / task that will lead to the eventual granting of Immigrant visa and green card.
I got some IT jobs to do in US but I needed this to be sorted out first so that I can be there legitimately and be able to work there.

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
Regards,
Olumighty.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 9:33am On Feb 16, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Wishing you a lovely and wonderful day!

Monday's a federal holiday for us, so, see you all on Tuesday. Have a great weekend, everyone!
. Nice to hear you got some time to rest. Enjoy your holiday ma remain blessed.cheers

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by halaphilip: 12:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hello VisaOfficer,

Great job you’re doing.

My wife filed for the Immigrant visa on my behalf in the US. I got the Interview Letter (P4) but there are a few things I would want clarified.

1. I received the letter from the family lawyer in the US but there has been no communication from the US embassy. What can I do?
2. When do I go for the medical examination? Is it before or after the said interview?
3. On your webpage, reference was made to two documents: DS-260 and DS-261. Do these apply to me?
4. My Police Report would still be valid at the time of the interview. Would you advise I get another one in case that one expires before I travel, if successful?
5. My wife’s brother in the US filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) for me. Is it allowed? And if yes, I suppose it means I can present his most recent Tax filing, no?
6. In the document status section, for documents not requested before now (F), am I required to go with them now. The letter didn’t say. There is a place where it says I must bring any original document the NVC requested but which I did not submit.
7. At what point do I make the fee payments (both interview and medical)?
8. The letter says I should present photocopies of all civil documents. What are Civil Documents?

I eagerly await your usual kind response.

Regards
Applicant
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sandfield: 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] VISA Officer,I used my great grand father's name and my dad name in my VISA application,but I used my fathers surname and first name when I was seeking the admission with the school.I don't know if that was the reason why am denied?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by PMBL: 5:25am On Feb 17, 2015
Good Day VO, I applied for the spousal visa for my husband. We are now at the NVC stage of our process. It's been almost a year since visiting my spouse mainly financial reason.. I want to know if this is a red flag for any CO at the interview stage? I have travel 8x already prior, but not within the last year. Also if I am not at the interview would that be another red flag? Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:44am On Feb 17, 2015
sexysb:
Hello Visa Officer smiley

Please, can you help me out?

I'm permanently resident in England. I have travelled to the US before and I subsequently had my visa renewed.

I was given a B1/B2 visa and the purpose for my trip (declared on the form and at the interview) was for tourism/vacation. This was before I got married/got pregnant. I have not used the visa since then.

I'm pregnant and I'm considering going to the US to give birth. I know I'm entitled to free NHS care in England but I'm able to comfortably afford the cost of childbirth in the US.

Do I have to notify the US Consulate at London of my change in plans or should I travel to US for a brief vacation (as originally planned), return and then fly out again to have my baby?

I'm confused and I want to do what's right to avoid any issues at the POE or with any subsequent visa renewal.

Thank you.

These are questions for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:44am On Feb 17, 2015
Hopeful1987:
Hello V O,

Thank You for the amazing work you are doing , selfless service! My husband filed an i130 petition for me in my maiden name, we are about to submit documents to NVC and I want to procure a new passport in my married name, so that my green card and other docs would be in my married name. What do I do to make this possible. Thank Youn

I'm afraid I can't help you with this. I don't know what documents you need to get a new Nigerian passport.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:45am On Feb 17, 2015
ednutey:
hi vo

i just stumbled on dis thread n i will say u r really doin a great job. now my question is, my husbands case was approved on d 18th of dec 2014 with form I-130 Immigration pettition for relative. we are supposes to recieve d approval notice latest by Jan 17 2015 but didnt get it, what do u think we should do next. thanks alot

let me add dat its his mom dat applied on his behalf

Your husband or his mother could contact USCIS and ask for the approval notice. Hope this helps!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:48am On Feb 17, 2015
orbis:
Hi VO...I would like to know the wait period the spouse of a US born citizen would wait before being issued the spouse visa. For someone who has already filed for a IR1 visa, what would happen if he fills for a K3 visa to expedite the process of bringing his spouse over. What are the timeframe for both visa categories.
I must commend you're doing a good job here. Thank you

It's taking NVC around six to eight months to process IR-1 applications, but once they're approved, they can be scheduled right away. I would not bother, personally, with the K3 petition; it might save you a month, but then the person enters the U.S. on a non-immigrant visa and has to go through the expense of applying to become a Legal Permanent Resident, rather than becoming an LPR the moment he or she enters the country.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:50am On Feb 17, 2015
sandfield:
Sir,I applied for a US student VISA and was denied twice.When I applied to the institution I used my fathers surname,but when I am filling out the Visa application form,I mistakely used mm my great grand father's name as my father's surname,could this be the reason why am been denied?

These are questions for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:52am On Feb 17, 2015
olumighty:
Hello Visa Officer,

An I-130 Petition for Alien Relative was recently filled for me by my sister and the case has been accepted and a case receipt number issued and received. Please I will like to know the following:
1. How long it take in the minimum to get the whole filing sorted out?
2. A listed activities / task that will lead to the eventual granting of Immigrant visa and green card.
I got some IT jobs to do in US but I needed this to be sorted out first so that I can be there legitimately and be able to work there.

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
Regards,
Olumighty.

Right now the wait time for sibling visas is running around 12 to 13 years. In the meantime, please see http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate.html for information about immigration.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.