Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679745 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pretty16(f): 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I honestly don't know how that will play out. If I hear anything, I will let you know.

Thanks ma'am and have a lovely weekend.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jojonile: 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
Good day VO, Please I'm yet to hear from your office concerning the DNA kits. LGS2014651009. Thanks ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I honestly don't know how that will play out. If I hear anything, I will let you know.
Oh yea...back at it again. I know two families and their siblings had filed since 2006 and 2007...they did immediately becoming USCs but my friends here in Nigeria have married. So what are their wait times? Definitely they won't be mature for interviews in 2019 and 2020!

Oz doesn't allow F4 unless the sibling is the last left. Siblings come on their individual merits. I will get my mom to come and see me though. I'm still at the bridge.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by prommy(f): 8:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
Please sir i have American visa and uave visited there twice.I want to travel to USA this easter but will love to go with my kids.How do i get their own visa?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lerzy: 8:46am On Feb 07, 2015
Am going for my student visa at the American embassy very soon, My international passport got wet mistakenly. I want to ask if I can take it to the embassy and if the consular won't reject me because of that. Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mondayutum(m): 9:45am On Feb 07, 2015
I made it to the states maam tanx maam God bless you for your support

9 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 12:32am On Feb 08, 2015
mondayutum:
Congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cute2014: 3:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hello maam,how are you doing?Long time,shey?!!!

The kids and I have been settling down nicely.I submitted the I-130 application for husby in January,processing time @ Vermont Service Center where it got routed to was 30th September,2013 as at Jan 20,2014 cry.Its a long time away but we are still grateful that the window of opportunity existed.Thanks so very much for your encouragement and assurances when we thought all hopes were lost.God bless you and your team in its entirety for your good work.

I have a question on behalf of my sister,her husband's dad is Togolese but mum is Nigerian.The parents met,got married,gave birth to 4 kids in Nigeria.The dad died in Nigeria in 1997,the body was transported and got buried in Togo.The 4 kids have never gone to Togo before except their mum.The kids have the dad's surname (very obvious that its a non-Nigerian name,lol) but they all went to school in Nigeria and I guess all have Nigerian passports for identification.The questions ma:

1.Can they apply for the DV lottery using their dad's nationality?

2.Should any of them be lucky and get selected for further processing,must they get Togolese passports?Or would their dad's documents be enough?

3.Can such a person be interviewed in Lagos or must it be in Togo?

The reason for this is because they want to know the rules and how it applies specifically to their situation before venturing into it.
Thanks and do enjoy your weekend ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iamoluwafemi: 9:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Good day ma,

Thank you for all the assistance, we will forever be grateful! There is just something I would like to draw your attention to since I submitted the contact sheet in person, I have not heard from the embassy in regards to that. We were thinking we should have received a mail acknowledge the receipt of that document (the contact sheet), just like we received from USCIS/NVC, the NOA1 = (Notice of Receipt of our petition) We know the process takes time!

We just want to be sure everything is in order so the waiting period can begins! Are we going to receive a mail in this regards? We just don't know, we just want to be sure.

Thank you and God bless you forever.
LGS2014572028, LGS2014625024 and LGS2014625026
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:16am On Feb 09, 2015
jojonile:
Good day VO, Please I'm yet to hear from your office concerning the DNA kits. LGS2014651009. Thanks ma

Apparently your kits aren't here yet. sad It shouldn't be much longer....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:18am On Feb 09, 2015
ferdimako:

Oh yea...back at it again. I know two families and their siblings had filed since 2006 and 2007...they did immediately becoming USCs but my friends here in Nigeria have married. So what are their wait times? Definitely they won't be mature for interviews in 2019 and 2020!

Oz doesn't allow F4 unless the sibling is the last left. Siblings come on their individual merits. I will get my mom to come and see me though. I'm still at the bridge.

The good news is that the wait time for married siblings is the same as for unmarried siblings! smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:19am On Feb 09, 2015
prommy:
Please sir i have American visa and uave visited there twice.I want to travel to USA this easter but will love to go with my kids.How do i get their own visa?

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:19am On Feb 09, 2015
Lerzy:
Am going for my student visa at the American embassy very soon, My international passport got wet mistakenly. I want to ask if I can take it to the embassy and if the consular won't reject me because of that. Thank you

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . But it depends how bad the damage to your passport is....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:21am On Feb 09, 2015
mondayutum:

Hurray! Look at you in the snow! LOL

About a year ago I was talking to one of my Nigerian colleagues and he was complaining about how cold it was in Canada. He said, "It never got above twenty degrees the whole time I was there." I said, "Twenty degrees Fahrenheit? Yeah, that's cold!" And he said, "No, Celsius." We have very different ideas of what "cold" is...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by gbengene8012: 7:24am On Feb 09, 2015
Dear VO,
Thanks for all your help especially to this thread. My fiance filed an i-129f for me including my 3 kids from my baby momma ( not married to her then, and now shes married to someone else), and it has been approved with uscis and nvc has notified of forwarding the application to lagos. Now i need your advice based on ties to nigeria and ties to the usa questions that always comes up at interviews, because i intend taking my two older kids along with me, knowing that technically the k1 visa though a non immigrant visa is treated as an immigrant one, and since i intend getting married to my fiancee within the 90 days period, and dont want to troubled by these 2 older kids academics back here in nigeria, since basically am a single parent and my mum who helps out might be overwhelmed by 3 kids. Also my fiance and the kids are very close, because whenever shes around in nigeria we all stays together and she's fond of them.
So please your advice on how to go about applying for visa. Do i apply first alone or fillout ds160 for my 2 kids K2 visa also. And also i intend coming back later for my beautiful daughter who is 4yrs old now when shes good to start school.
You are highly appreciated maam.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:28am On Feb 09, 2015
cute2014:

Hello maam,how are you doing?Long time,shey?!!!

The kids and I have been settling down nicely.I submitted the I-130 application for husby in January,processing time @ Vermont Service Center where it got routed to was 30th September,2013 as at Jan 20,2014 cry.Its a long time away but we are still grateful that the window of opportunity existed.Thanks so very much for your encouragement and assurances when we thought all hopes were lost.God bless you and your team in its entirety for your good work.

Glad to hear you're doing well! I hope your husband's interview is scheduled soon!

I have a question on behalf of my sister,her husband's dad is Togolese but mum is Nigerian.The parents met,got married,gave birth to 4 kids in Nigeria.The dad died in Nigeria in 1997,the body was transported and got buried in Togo.The 4 kids have never gone to Togo before except their mum.The kids have the dad's surname (very obvious that its a non-Nigerian name,lol) but they all went to school in Nigeria and I guess all have Nigerian passports for identification.The questions ma:

1.Can they apply for the DV lottery using their dad's nationality?

2.Should any of them be lucky and get selected for further processing,must they get Togolese passports?Or would their dad's documents be enough?

3.Can such a person be interviewed in Lagos or must it be in Togo?

The reason for this is because they want to know the rules and how it applies specifically to their situation before venturing into it.
Thanks and do enjoy your weekend ma.

Edited: My earlier answer was incorrect, but not in the way I had hoped. Neither the children nor the mother in this case are eligible to apply for the Diversity Visa lottery. If the father were still alive, both he and the mother could apply; but the mother cannot apply as a widow, and the children cannot apply because "A child born in a non-qualifying country in which neither parent was born nor resident at the time of the child’s birth, may claim the birthplace of either parent." In this case, only the father was non-Nigerian; the mother is Nigerian. So the children are not eligible, because only one of their parents is from an eligible country.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:31am On Feb 09, 2015
iamoluwafemi:
Good day ma,

Thank you for all the assistance, we will forever be grateful! There is just something I would like to draw your attention to since I submitted the contact sheet in person, I have not heard from the embassy in regards to that. We were thinking we should have received a mail acknowledge the receipt of that document (the contact sheet), just like we received from USCIS/NVC, the NOA1 = (Notice of Receipt of our petition) We know the process takes time!

We just want to be sure everything is in order so the waiting period can begins! Are we going to receive a mail in this regards? We just don't know, we just want to be sure.

Thank you and God bless you forever.
LGS2014572028, LGS2014625024 and LGS2014625026

We send out generic "Thank you for your e-mail" messages when documents are sent to us by e-mail, but if you dropped it off in person, there wouldn't be an e-mail receipt. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:37am On Feb 09, 2015
gbengene8012:
Dear VO,
Thanks for all your help especially to this thread. My fiance filed an i-129f for me including my 3 kids from my baby momma ( not married to her then, and now shes married to someone else), and it has been approved with uscis and nvc has notified of forwarding the application to lagos. Now i need your advice based on ties to nigeria and ties to the usa questions that always comes up at interviews, because i intend taking my two older kids along with me, knowing that technically the k1 visa though a non immigrant visa is treated as an immigrant one, and since i intend getting married to my fiancee within the 90 days period, and dont want to troubled by these 2 older kids academics back here in nigeria, since basically am a single parent and my mum who helps out might be overwhelmed by 3 kids. Also my fiance and the kids are very close, because whenever shes around in nigeria we all stays together and she's fond of them.
So please your advice on how to go about applying for visa. Do i apply first alone or fillout ds160 for my 2 kids K2 visa also. And also i intend coming back later for my beautiful daughter who is 4yrs old now when shes good to start school.
You are highly appreciated maam.

There are several options here! If the children aren't ready to travel with you now, but they will be within one year of the date of the issuance of the K-1 visa, they can travel as "follow-to-join". That means that they can be included in your case without filing a new petition. So you could take the elder two now and have the youngest join you later -- or travel alone and have some or all join you later -- or, if a year isn't enough time, you could wait until you become a Legal Permanent Resident and file I-130s for each of them.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 09, 2015
VisaOfficer:

The good news is that the wait time for married siblings is the same as for unmarried siblings! smiley
Oh really? Good one!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 09, 2015
Good Morning my Able VO,
I hope you had a nice weekend? I just want to thank you immensely for your immeasurable help to every IV applicant here in Nairaland. Honestly, you are a Godsend, and I can't but pray that may your innermost hearts desires be fulfilled.
I took 4 weeks leave of absence from my place of work so as to have ample time for my medical examination and other stuff since I don't reside in Lagos and I am in my second week now. So I took it on myself to read up on this topic from the first page. It has been very emotional for me especially when people come back to thank you. I say a very big amen to every prayer and goodwill said here over your life. May God continue to bless you Ma'am.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 1:17pm On Feb 09, 2015
Good afternoon ma. Pls am at work and my husband just called me that he was called from lagosiv but missed the call when he called back he was told they would call him back. Pls am literally shaking, hope all is well ma.pls. Will love to know y they called.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
onyiblanche:
Good afternoon ma. Pls am at work and my husband just called me that he was called from lagosiv but missed the call when he called back he was told they would call him back. Pls am literally shaking, hope all is well ma.pls. Will love to know y they called.

Sorry to frighten you! We asked your husband for a scanned copy of your marriage certificate -- we thought we had one here, but didn't see it when compiling the immigration packets. The visas are printed etc. etc. All is well!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:35pm On Feb 09, 2015
Greetings all,

As of today, the requirement for matching DS-160 confirmation numbers will apply to K visa applicants as well as to non-immigrant visa applicants. That is, the DS-160 visa application confirmation number used to schedule visa interviews must match the application confirmation page that is brought to the interview.

Moving forward, applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be interviewed and will have to purchase a new fee receipt to book another appointment. This includes families – make sure that the DS-160 information matches the appointment information for every family member, including young children.

Full instructions on how to make an appointment for a K-1, K-2, K-3, or K-4 visa interview are available on our website: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov.

Applicants with existing appointments should contact the CGI Call Center at +234 0144 06218 to make any necessary changes. However, I should add that if you've already made an appointment, and for whatever reason you can't change your number, just let us know that when you come to your appointment; we won't penalize people who made their appointments today or earlier.

We believe this policy will make application processing faster and more efficient, and we thank you for your attention.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fyv722: 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
Dear visa officer, thank you for your assistance so far. Please i have another issue which i want to verify. I have ghanian residence permit on my passport which was given to me when i went there for a computer training program, but i left ghana back to nigeria in less than a month due to the fact that i discovered that the program is not exactly what wanted at that time. Later on i moved to turkey where i did my masters in information technology. I have my police report from turkey and police character certificate from nigeria but i dont have any from ghana and i left there since 2012, since i still have that one year residence permit on my passport, what should i do? Because i am expected to provide a police report from all the countries i have lived in. Please remember that i spent less than a month in ghana. Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
fyv722:
Dear visa officer, thank you for your assistance so far. Please i have another issue which i want to verify. I have ghanian residence permit on my passport which was given to me when i went there for a computer training program, but i left ghana back to nigeria in less than a month due to the fact that i discovered that the program is not exactly what wanted at that time. Later on i moved to turkey where i did my masters in information technology. I have my police report from turkey and police character certificate from nigeria but i dont have any from ghana and i left there since 2012, since i still have that one year residence permit on my passport, what should i do? Please remember that i spent less than a month in ghana. Thank you

If you were there for less than a month, don't worry about it, you don't need a police certificate from Ghana. (Unless you were arrested while you were there, of course... then yes, we'll need your police certificate....)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fyv722: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
No i was not arrested at all. I left on my own. I am only asking because i have their residence permit on my passport

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.