Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (681238 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:41am On May 11, 2015
bukolacole:
Good day ma, hope your weekend was nice?. So sorry to always bother you ma, please can you help me confirm if our DNA results are already delivered to the Embassy ma, and please our passports are with the Officer that interviewed us on our interview date, sure the are save though, including my stepmother's that was denied. Please ma if there is anything you can do to speed up level of work on our cases will be appreciated ma, really wants and needs to beat my police certificate expiring date of 20th of May ma due to money constraints ma, The Adepoju , thanks.

The DNA results haven't crossed my desk yet, but if your family received them last Wednesday, they should be here soon. (If they were received by your family in the United States, it will take a bit longer for them to arrive here in Nigeria.)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lindababy2u: 7:59am On May 11, 2015
Good morning V.O , i applied for a visiting visa last year January as a single lady to visit my elder sister who i have not seen for 8 years that gave birth but was denied, three months after then my husband filled CR1 for me. Although i and my husband have already fixed our traditional marriage for February last year after i might have come back from my tour. My question is ,is it going to affect this present one ?

I must need more coffee -- I'm not understanding your question. Could you rephrase for me (and I'll go get some coffee

Hahaha good morning V.O, i mean i was denied visa last year January, i wasn't married but was in a relationship then. But before the interview i and my have already fixed our Traditional (Feb ) court wedding(march) 2014 and my reason for travelling then was to visit my immediate elder sister whom i have not seen for 8 years that gave birth in in Dec 2013, planned to stay with them for 2 weeks and come back for my wedding and my job. After our wedding my husband travelled back and filed CR1 for me. I want to know if that former will affect this present one. I pray you 'll understand me better now.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:04am On May 11, 2015
lindababy2u:
Good morning V.O , i applied for a visiting visa last year January as a single lady to visit my elder sister who i have not seen for 8 years that gave birth but was denied, three months after then my husband filled CR1 for me. Although i and my husband have already fixed our traditional marriage for February last year after i might have come back from my tour. My question is ,is it going to affect this present one ?

I must need more coffee -- I'm not understanding your question. Could you rephrase for me (and I'll go get some coffee

Hahaha good morning V.O, i mean i was denied visa last year January, i wasn't married but was in a relationship then. But before the interview i and my have already fixed our Traditional (Feb ) court wedding(march) 2014 and my reason for travelling then was to visit my immediate elder sister whom i have not seen for 8 years that gave birth in in Dec 2013, planned to stay with them for 2 weeks and come back for my wedding and my job. After our wedding my husband travelled back and filed CR1 for me. I want to know if that former will affect this present one. I pray you 'll understand me better now.

Ah, now I understand. cheesy No, it shouldn't affect your current case -- unless you told us back then that you were already married to someone else! (You'd be surprised how often that happens. People think that if they tell us they're married, they'll be more likely to receive a non-immigrant visa...)

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by terefe(m): 8:25am On May 11, 2015
It was filed in 2011 as f2a but i aged out on it, it was first denied , appealed and it took over a to get approved , i assumed category would changed to f2b.
VisaOfficer:

It's unlikely that your F2B case is current if the petition was approved five months ago. When was it filed? Right now cases in which the petitions were filed on or before Sept. 15, 2008, are eligible to be scheduled for interviews.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:34am On May 11, 2015
terefe:
It was filed in 2011 as f2a but i aged out on it, it was first denied , appealed and it took over a to get approved , i assumed category would changed to f2b.

If your priority date (filing date) is 2011, it sounds like the case will probably be current three years from now. You can monitor priority dates at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It is possible that you and your brother may receive different interview dates, yes. When you know your dates, if you wish you may e-mail LagosIV@state.gov and ask to be interviewed on the same day.

Sometimes USCIS requests DNA tests before approving a petition if the documentation provided is not convincing.

NVC will let you know if they wish you to submit additional documents. Please be patient -- NVC processing can take a long time. You should contact them directly if you have questions about your case at this stage, as until the case is sent here to post, I'm unable to check its status.
Thank u Ma, God will reward you multiple folds for your good work Ma. I ll jst keep my fingers crossed. how can l contact NVC?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 10:22am On May 11, 2015
VisaOfficer:

The DNA results haven't crossed my desk yet, but if your family received them last Wednesday, they should be here soon. (If they were received by your family in the United States, it will take a bit longer for them to arrive here in Nigeria.)
. Yeah, my dad received them last Wednesday in the States, I can see another form of cost and delay.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:18am On May 11, 2015
sharlorhm:

Thank u Ma, God will reward you multiple folds for your good work Ma. I ll jst keep my fingers crossed. how can l contact NVC?

In order to improve the efficiency and consistency of responses to the public, the Visa Office established one point of contact for all domestic inquiries regarding nonimmigrant and immigrant visa cases. The National Visa Center (NVC) began handling all domestic inquiries from the public on nonimmigrant and immigrant visa cases on Monday, January 12, 2015. Immigrant visa inquirers should use (603) 334-0700 to reach an NVC operator. Nonimmigrant visa inquirers should call the NVC at (603) 334-0888.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/nvc/nvc-contact-information.html
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:22am On May 11, 2015
bukolacole:
. Yeah, my dad received them last Wednesday in the States, I can see another form of cost and delay.

I imagine your father asked the laboratory to send the results directly to us, so the lab probably mailed everything out on the same day.

As you know, the delay in this case arose from information that emerged while we were processing the cases... if we'd had all the information at the beginning, it's unlikely that you'd still be waiting for your cases to be concluded.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 11:38am On May 11, 2015
VisaOfficer:

In order to improve the efficiency and consistency of responses to the public, the Visa Office established one point of contact for all domestic inquiries regarding nonimmigrant and immigrant visa cases. The National Visa Center (NVC) began handling all domestic inquiries from the public on nonimmigrant and immigrant visa cases on Monday, January 12, 2015. Immigrant visa inquirers should use (603) 334-0700 to reach an NVC operator. Nonimmigrant visa inquirers should call the NVC at (603) 334-0888.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/nvc/nvc-contact-information.html
Thank u Ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nwannenna: 6:00pm On May 11, 2015
DEAR VISA OFFICER
i am new in this section,
i want to know how long it wil take to bring my family over
if i relocate to the US with a work permit visa.
2.i want to go th e US to write an exam for nurses,
what kind of visa would i need to apply for.visitors visa?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 6:22pm On May 11, 2015
Yes ma, The new police certificate was there. I also saw the panel physician at consultant practice for the new medical and was given a receipt, in which i showed the receipt to immigration at the port of entry ma. Please ma, if u can help me to contact the panel physician and scan u a copy. This is my full name...kayode olo ogunrinde. LGS2014569045 DELETED Please ma, this is also the address in America where my passport is retained ma, U.S CUSTOMS & BORDER PROTECTION, 157 TRADEPORT DRIVE, SUITE C, ATLANTA, GA 30354. Please ma, if u can also help me ma, to email them the copy to this address, as u email me the copy, i would be able to go there with the copy and get my retained passport back.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 9:46pm On May 11, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I imagine your father asked the laboratory to send the results directly to us, so the lab probably mailed everything out on the same day.

As you know, the delay in this case arose from information that emerged while we were processing the cases... if we'd had all the information at the beginning, it's unlikely that you'd still be waiting for your cases to be concluded.
. You are very correct ma, the issue that came up caused the delay, and that is one of many reasons my dad will like us to join him over there, due process and strict adherence to laws, you can't just escape from the crimes you have committed, please has it stand, any hope or assurance our Visas will be ready by 20th of this month ma? Because another police report will cause delay and money and I can't wait to join him. All in all, am so grateful for your time each time we come with our questions, even the not so relevant, important and necessary.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 10:25pm On May 11, 2015
sirk111:
Yes ma, The new police certificate was there. I also saw the panel physician at consultant practice for the new medical and was given a receipt, in which i showed the receipt to immigration at the port of entry ma. Please ma, if u can help me to contact the panel physician and scan u a copy. This is my full name...kayode olo ogunrinde. LGS2014569045 DELETED Please ma, this is also the address in America where my passport is retained ma, U.S CUSTOMS & BORDER PROTECTION, 157 TRADEPORT DRIVE, SUITE C, ATLANTA, GA 30354. Please ma, if u can also help me ma, to email them the copy to this address, as u email me the copy, i would be able to go there with the copy and get my retained passport back.

Please don't drop your contact details here.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by anuwor: 10:28pm On May 11, 2015
Thanks so much may Almighty God bless u.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 10:44pm On May 11, 2015
Yes ma, The new police certificate was there. I also saw the panel physician at consultant practice for the new medical and was given a receipt, in which i showed the receipt to immigration at the port of entry ma. Please ma, if u can help me to contact the panel physician and scan u a copy. LGS2014569045 Please ma, this is also the address in America where my passport is retained ma, U.S CUSTOMS & BORDER PROTECTION, 157 TRADEPORT DRIVE, SUITE C, ATLANTA, GA 30354. Please ma, if u can also help me ma, to email them the copy to this address, as u email me the copy, i would be able to go there with the copy and get my retained passport back. Thanks ma and God bless...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 11, 2015
Good Evening Ma. I'm very happy to read many of your replies to the questions asking by people on this thread. I'm planning to go and spend my vacation that will come up on December in United States. But i have no family or friend to invite me there...Now, i want you to give me the guideline which can be a road or link to make my wish come through. Because, i've been hearing from many people that there are so many attractives places in US and which i have also seen some in many movies...So, i wish to go and see those places i have been seeing in the movies and hearing from the people with my two eyes. What are the protocol i have to follow, because i have no one that can send me an invitation from US.
Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:52am On May 12, 2015
nwannenna:
DEAR VISA OFFICER
i am new in this section,
i want to know how long it wil take to bring my family over
if i relocate to the US with a work permit visa.
2.i want to go th e US to write an exam for nurses,
what kind of visa would i need to apply for.visitors visa?

Your spouse and minor children can travel with you if you qualify for an employment-based visa. As for taking the exam in the U.S., that is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:56am On May 12, 2015
sirk111:

I just e-mailed the panel physician to see if she can help. Do you by any chance have an e-mail address for the Atlanta Customs and Border Patrol? It's a big place, and the contacts I have there might not be the contacts who are working on your case. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:57am On May 12, 2015
bukolacole:
. You are very correct ma, the issue that came up caused the delay, and that is one of many reasons my dad will like us to join him over there, due process and strict adherence to laws, you can't just escape from the crimes you have committed, please has it stand, any hope or assurance our Visas will be ready by 20th of this month ma? Because another police report will cause delay and money and I can't wait to join him. All in all, am so grateful for your time each time we come with our questions, even the not so relevant, important and necessary.

If we receive the results in time, I'll do my best to see that the visas are issued on or before May 20.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:58am On May 12, 2015
hodus:
Good Evening Ma. I'm very happy to read many of your replies to the questions asking by people on this thread. I'm planning to go and spend my vacation that will come up on December in United States. But i have no family or friend to invite me there...Now, i want you to give me the guideline which can be a road or link to make my wish come through. Because, i've been hearing from many people that there are so many attractives places in US and which i have also seen some in many movies...So, i wish to go and see those places i have been seeing in the movies and hearing from the people with my two eyes. What are the protocol i have to follow, because i have no one that can send me an invitation from US.
Thanks!

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 8:57am On May 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Good morning Ma, One quick question ma. What are priority dates? Have read about it but l still couldnt understand ma, please Ma, can u expalin in simple terms ma?
2) Are prority dates applicable to IR2 applicant?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:10am On May 12, 2015
sharlorhm:

Good morning Ma, One quick question ma. What are priority dates? Have read about it but l still couldnt understand ma, please Ma, can u expalin in simple terms ma?
2) Are prority dates applicable to IR2 applicant?

Good questions! The priority date is the date a petition was filed with USCIS. This date lets you know where your petition is in the queue and how long it will be until your case can be scheduled for an interview.

Priority dates are not applicable to IR2 petitions, or to any IR or CR petitions. Those petitions have priority over every other type of case, and as soon as the petitions are approved, the cases will be scheduled for the next available appointment date.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by halaphilip: 10:47am On May 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I just e-mailed the panel physician to see if she can help. Do you by any chance have an e-mail address for the Atlanta Customs and Border Patrol? It's a big place, and the contacts I have there might not be the contacts who are working on your case. Thanks!

I'm confused though, VO. Why would i need a new Medical?

When i had mine in March, i was told to come for another one in April if i hadn't traveled but i haven't been in town since. I put a call through to Q-Life and they told me i could do it anywhere. But i am not with the Immunization card they gave me.

Hello @sirk111, is this the "new medical" you talk about?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by janpei: 10:51am On May 12, 2015
Good morning Visa Officer,

It's so glad to find this site. I am new comer. My receipt number is WAC-11-900-54036. I received a letter I-797 from USCIS on April 2014, it showed "The above petition has been approved." in the first line. The Notice date is April 11, 2014.

And then I got an email from NVC on 6th August 2014, it content my case number and invoice ID number.

However, I checked the CEAC's website (https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx) for the status of my case number (TAI2014640001) and invoice ID number (36517229)... then I got the message below,

"Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error. "

I don't know what that means... I do no action unless I got the further infomation. But now a year later, the search result is still the same.

Do I did anything wrong in any documention? or I should take any action?

Thank you very much.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:06am On May 12, 2015
halaphilip:

I'm confused though, VO. Why would i need a new Medical?

When i had mine in March, i was told to come for another one in April if i hadn't traveled but i haven't been in town since. I put a call through to Q-Life and they told me i could do it anywhere. But i am not with the Immunization card they gave me.

Hello @sirk111, is this the "new medical" you talk about?

A visa's validity date is tied to the expiration date on a medical report. In some cases, by the time we can print a visa, there are only a few weeks left on the medical report, so we ask the beneficiary to submit a new one (unless they're willing to travel right away).
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:09am On May 12, 2015
janpei:
Good morning Visa Officer,

It's so glad to find this site. I am new comer. My receipt number is WAC-11-900-54036. I received a letter I-797 from USCIS on April 2014, it showed "The above petition has been approved." in the first line. The Notice date is April 11, 2014.

And then I got an email from NVC on 6th August 2014, it content my case number and invoice ID number.

However, I checked the CEAC's website (https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx) for the status of my case number (TAI2014640001) and invoice ID number (36517229)... then I got the message below,

"Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error. "

I don't know what that means... I do no action unless I got the further infomation. But now a year later, the search result is still the same.

Do I did anything wrong in any documention? or I should take any action?

Thank you very much.

I looked your case up. Your visa category is F1, and the case isn't current yet, so no action needs to be taken at this time. Only F1 petitions filed on or before August 1, 2007, are eligible to be scheduled for interviews at this time. Your priority date is Oct. 28, 2010, so unfortunately you likely have another three years or so to wait.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by halaphilip: 11:17am On May 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

A visa's validity date is tied to the expiration date on a medical report. In some cases, by the time we can print a visa, there are only a few weeks left on the medical report, so we ask the beneficiary to submit a new one (unless they're willing to travel right away).

I suppose i'm fine then.

But another question - what happens if i am unable to go for the follow-up immunization that Q-Life invited me to do? There's another one still in September
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:36am On May 12, 2015
halaphilip:

I suppose i'm fine then.

But another question - what happens if i am unable to go for the follow-up immunization that Q-Life invited me to do? There's another one still in September

If you can't get it done in Nigeria, you'll be required to follow up in the United States.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

This really is a question for my colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .

True, am aware my question is on the wronng thread. I was just hoping since its about fingerprint and not about documents, it would be treated as a general question. Thanks for your ressponse all the same. Please can you put in a word to your colleagues to look up the questions on the non immigrannt thread if he/she hass the time.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Vicobaba123: 12:40pm On May 12, 2015
Dear VO,

I am happy that we have someone like you to enlighten us on visa issues. I am married to a USC and i have been denied visa twice simply because my wife is an USC. The first visa denial was last year when i wanted to visit my wife and the second one was yesterday and it was for a conference organised by the American society of civil engineers of which i am an associate member ( I am a professional Civil Engineer) which was suppose to take place jun 7 and i am been sponsored by my company ,. Funny enough my collegue from same company for the same conference was issued even when he has no travel history.

The officer did not even asked much question or check any of my documents, he only asked if am married to usc and i said yes..... my question then is cant i get a business or visit visa because i am married to USC...even when i have a good job, and a pending pettition at the NVC statge.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 12:54pm On May 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Good questions! The priority date is the date a petition was filed with USCIS. This date lets you know where your petition is in the queue and how long it will be until your case can be scheduled for an interview.

Priority dates are not applicable to IR2 petitions, or to any IR or CR petitions. Those petitions have priority over every other type of case, and as soon as the petitions are approved, the cases will be scheduled for the next available appointment date.
Thank you Ma, now l undastand

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.