Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677925 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:56am On Jun 17, 2015
missek:

Thank you very much for the reply!
That is reassuring to know, but does it apply to all consulates or just at yours/Nigeria?
My consulate is Accra-Ghana.
We have a good chance still?.....

I can't speak for Accra, but it's a common policy. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lawrins: 8:14am On Jun 17, 2015
Good morning in the house. I filed I-130 petition for my siblings in the year 2010. I came to Nigeria in September 2014 and didn't return to the US until May 2015. My wife called me from the US in 2014 that the USCIS sent a letter to our house in Texas that I should come for DNA test in December 2014. My sibling in Nigeria said she just tracked the application yesterday and said she saw that the application has been denied. Am sure it was denied because I have not done the DNA test. Please can they reverse the denial if I tell them I wasn't in the US when the DNA test letter got to my house in 2014? Or what do you think I should do. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simi2015: 8:48am On Jun 17, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Hi! It seems odd to me that your confirmation page has a different case number than the number on your interview letter. My advice is to e-mail the IV Unit where you want your interview to be held, and ask them (us?) if they (we?) are the post that's processing your case and of the case is there yet.

Your husband's change of address shouldn't be an issue, although you'll probably want to mention it to the interviewing officer. The officer will probably ask you where your husband lives, which will give you an opening to explain. But it shouldn't affect the processing of your case at all.

Good luck!

Good morning VO,

Glad to have you back, Ma'am smiley. Thanks for your response. My husband filled and paid for the DS-260 application form prior to the time we contacted NVC about my change of address (this happened late last year), which is why the confirmation page still has country A case number (GUZ2014XXXXXX). Upon contacting NVC of the change of address, the NVC case number changed to LGS2015XXXXXX, which is why I want to know if everything is fine as my interview date is very, very, very, very close (as I already have an IV interview date). If it would be of any help, I could send my full case number. Thanks and sorry for the trouble. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by FunAndre: 11:51am On Jun 17, 2015
Dear VO,
Indeed i must commend your efforts on this platform.
Quick one please,I was denied a B2 Visa at Lagos Embassy,Nigeria on the 14/4/2015 and wishes to reapply last week of July '15.
What is your advise,please?

However,some of the reasons I could believe responsible for the denial were,variant in salary,invitation misinterpretation and sponsorship.
Also,I was single as at the time I applied then and now married,what do you suggest I do before booking appointment for interview?
Your response and guide will be highly appreciated.

Sincere Regards.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2015
@VisaOfficer

Just want to say a big thank you for the amazing job you are doing here. This is incredible, you logged in here at 12:41am to 3:56am just to help people with their questions even when you are supposed to be sleeping like everyone else.

Thank you so much.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by missek: 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I can't speak for Accra, but it's a common policy. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Thank you so much. We'd see how it pans out.

Once again, VO, I want to tell you that your graciousness is so much appreciated.You are very helpful to people on here, it's amazing.
If you believe in God, he has a special place for you.

You almost lose faith in humanity until people like you happen.
I have come to know first hand how unimaginably difficult it is to be separated from your beloved and then have to go through so much....it drains you of life.

You would find favor wherever you go.
That is my prayer for you.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
Thank you so much VO. You're a God sent. May He bless you exceedingly.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justlikeyou: 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hi VO,
My sibling applied for immigrant visa for me(F4) since 2002, it has just been approved. I received e-mail that they are looking for interview date for me for past 2 weeks.

Just want to know how many weeks will it take before interview date can scheduled at Lagos U.S.Embassy?.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rachelakin: 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dear V.O
If k1 visa is applied for,can d couple have a court wedding when d fiance living abroad visits nigeria?like a back up incase k1 is denied? Does d embassy in nigeria investigate every petitioner's marital status before interviews? Do they have a record or how is it done?how do they know an applicant is married if she claims single?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:32am On Jun 18, 2015
Thank you so very much. I have found the information online and the governing CFR. I am drafting a request for the officer to consider the use of 22 CFR 42.65 and FS552. I will have him attach the attempts to obtain the documents and get him to get the professors at the school to write a character email for him and he can have notarized and take with him to his appointment. Thank you so very much. a heavy weight lifted. Thanks so much.

VisaOfficer:

Your fiancé can bring additional evidence (including those photos) to the interview. smiley

No, those documents *should* be included with the petition. If you really want to, though, you can send him another I-134 to bring with him to the interview, just in case. (It's not mandatory.)

I checked http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/CH.html which says of China, "Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document." To me, that sounds like someone would have to return to China to apply, which would create unnecessary hardship. I can't remember the name of the form off the top of my head, but there is a form that the officer can submit in lieu of a police certificate when the applicant really, truly can't get a police certificate.... please ask me again on Monday and I'll look it up and post it here for you. grin

grin Whatever he feels comfortable in is fine.

It sounds like you've covered all the bases. If he can talk about the relationship in a credible way, that's much more important than how he dresses or what evidence he brings with him.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fiddodiddo: 1:46am On Jun 18, 2015
Hello VO, I hope you are doing well. Thanks for your time and taking it upon yourself to help people out on this forum with your advice. I would also like to benefit from your advice.
I applied for a NI visa over 10yrs ago (although unsuccessful), but my passport that I submitted with my NIV application at the time has an error in my date of birth (the year specifically). I notified the Nigeria immigration service (passport office) of the error in date of birth and the passport was cancelled and they re-issued a new one. But the re-issue was after I had initially applied for a visa with the passport that has an error.
Again after few years, I re-applied for a NI visa, but this time the application was submitted with the re-issued passport that now has my correct biodata. In the interview, the consular officer asked if I have ever had a passport with a different date of birth, and I answered yes. He then asked me where is the passport now, and I replied that Ive returned it to the passport office because of the error in my DOB and they re-issued a new one with the correct biodata. Then he moved on to another question.
Now my concern is: my partner filed an IV petition for me which has just been approved by the USCIS and I know I'll need to attend an interview for this at a point. I'm very worried if this error of a thing in my old passport won't affect the outcome of that interview. If there's a high chance it would, then I'd rather not continue further processing on the approved IV petition. However, your opinion and advice will be truly appreciated sir/ma. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 8:27am On Jun 18, 2015
Hello Dear V.O

glad to have you back on this forum. Surely we have missed you alot.
Ma'am i'm also happy to let you know that i had my interview on Friday 12 of June. And my interview was very smooth and successful and my visa was approved. (Btw: All Consular Officers are soo nice). Just unfortunate for me i couldn't see your beautiful face that i can thank personally. But i pray deep in my heart that may God keep HIS unending blessings and care upon you and your households.

Ma, My brief questions are:

1. When will the visa be ready for pick up as its almost one week now since my interview. (Am aware though of the present computer glitch). Ma, i will be glad just to have a time frame in mind.

2. In order for me or my wife to pay the USCIS green card fee of $165 U.S Dollar, please ma how do we find the Alien registration number? (Is it the Passport number? Or the number on the DS260 confirmation page?).

I awaits eagerly for your response soon ma.

Thanks in a million times.

Best Regards

David T. Maxwell.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by alashela: 11:30am On Jun 18, 2015
Am seriously in need of help of you guys.i have filled my DS-160 form and submitted it and also reffered to my mail because I couldn't printed it then.Now I can't find the print out in my mail and I visited to the website I was asked to retrieve my application but I did not knw my application i.d can some help me out
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by alashela: 11:40am On Jun 18, 2015
I want to retrieve my application for DS-160 but I have forgotten my i.d what should I do to get my print out
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by teefah80: 12:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Hmm. If we've added the baby to the case, his name ought to be visible to you online. Please send us another e-mail and ask us to contact our helpdesk so they can troubleshoot. They always ask for a screenshot, so if you could send a screenshot of what you see when you try to access the application, that would be helpful. Thanks!

Thanks for your help. His name became visible later in the day. Glad to hear you are a South Park fan. Team Eric.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by alashela: 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
Can anybody help me with my problem it is just the issue of my application i.d for my DS-160 have forgotten it what should I do for Gods sake
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mcaylife(m): 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
Colemaxgrl:
Hello Dear V.O

glad to have you back on this forum. Surely we have missed you alot.
Ma'am i'm also happy to let you know that i had my interview on Friday 12 of June. And my interview was very smooth and successful and my visa was approved. (Btw: All Consular Officers are soo nice). Just unfortunate for me i couldn't see your beautiful face that i can thank personally. But i pray deep in my heart that may God keep HIS unending blessings and care upon you and your households.

Ma, My brief questions are:

1. When will the visa be ready for pick up as its almost one week now since my interview. (Am aware though of the present computer glitch). Ma, i will be glad just to have a time frame in mind.

2. In order for me or my wife to pay the USCIS green card fee of $165 U.S Dollar, please ma how do we find the Alien registration number? (Is it the Passport number? Or the number on the DS260 confirmation page?).

I awaits eagerly for your response soon ma.

Thanks in a million times.

Best Regards

David T. Maxwell.
pls Maxwell how long did u wait till u got your visa from sending the petition till when u where given the visa because I am also married to a us citizen. she filed the petition may 16 2015. just want to have the time frame in mind. thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by FunAndre: 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
@CONSULAROFFICER

PLEASE,WHEN SHOULD ONE RE APPLY FOR VISITOR VISA AFTER DENIAL?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by veecee29: 5:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It all sounds good! Feel free to bring in a few chats that span the whole relationship, so the officer can see that you have evidence that covers the entire time span.

I know that you would never do this, but I want to take this opportunity to ask a favor of everyone: Please, no explicit / adult e-mails or photos (if you know what I mean and I think you do). I know when I come across a very dirty e-mail or photo, it makes me not want to look at any of the rest of the evidence submitted, just in case anything else pops up that might burn my innocent eyes and fingers. smiley Also, that stuff does not make us think it's definitely a real relationship; it kinda makes us think people are trying way too hard. Just saying. Thanks.
Hi VO,
This info came rather too late for me.I wish i saw this before we submitted our petition.Anyways, since we are all adults,a rather specific example will help other people on here.But please,will a picture of u may kiss the bride at the registry burn your innocent eyes and fingers smiley as i included those in my package?This really got me worried when i read your post.Please i'm expecting response from u as regards this.Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dcpromo: 5:27am On Jun 19, 2015
Please see below!

My wife will be migrating soon to re-unite with me, I am a US citizen, i filed for her in June 2014, she received her visa in June this year.

That being said, it takes approximately a year for everything to get done.

Whoever is petitioning for you must fill the paperwork correctly and have all forms signed.

Your case will stay 6 months at the USCIS office, then another 5 months at the NVC office before transiting to Lagos.

With NVC, all instructions must be followed or else there will be (RFE) "Request for Evidence", once there is RFE, the clock will be reset and you will start from square one.

In summary, if you are on CR1 or IR1 categories, and the petition started in May and let's assume that, there is no RFE, it will take 12 months, but if there's RFE it will take up to 18 months.

mcaylife:
pls Maxwell how long did u wait till u got your visa from sending the petition till when u where given the visa because I am also married to a us citizen. she filed the petition may 16 2015. just want to have the time frame in mind. thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lizzyvic(f): 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
Pls. Where is our dear VO. I have an enquiry to make...o
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lizzyvic(f): 10:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
Dear V.O
Pls. What happens next when the U.S embassy receives DNA results requested by the consular officer during an immigrant visa interview. The lab told me that they have sent the result to the embassy. Pls. Sorry to bother you ma'am can i include my (3) children's case numbers so that you can also help me check if the embassy have received the results. Thank you.
Elizabeth C.A.O.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Zaynur2015: 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
GOD BLESS MORE YOUR ELBOW , I GET PROBLEM WITH US EMBASSY OVER 3MONTH THEY BOOK MY ITERVIEW TO GWANDA INSTED TO NIGERIA PLS WHAT I CAN DO TO CHANGE IT TO NIGERIA ....THANKS
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lizzyvic(f): 8:58am On Jun 20, 2015
Dear V.O
Good Day Ma, pls. This enquiry is in addition to my previous enquiry. My (3) children went for an immigrant visa interview on the 14th of May, but the consular officer requested a DNA evidence. So i contacted a lab, here in the U.S and a DNA kit was sent to the embassy. My children was later scheduled for sample collection on the 8th of June. I just received a copy of the result. But i noticed a little error the lab mistakenly swapped my children's NVC case numbers and a little error in the spelling of one of their names. But the results were fine. Though i have contacted the lab about it and also e-mail lagosIV. My enquiry is i hope it will not cause a delay in the processing of their case. Since the mistake is from the lab. Your advice is needed pls. Thank you. Elizabeth C.A.O.
LGS2014***052
LGS2014***050
LGS 2014***049
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by enye2000: 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
we want to apply for k1 visa.....our facebook chats was printed out in MS word formats...that is,, it does not have facebook link on it...will it be acceptable as supporting document for k1 visa
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Xfinity: 8:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Please e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov so we can look into the case. Thanks!
Hello Dear VO. Thanks for your prompt reply, can i use nairaland as the subject of the new email i'm about to send , cos the last email sent to lagosiv@state.gov was not responded to.Thanks for your help.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hello V.O, am so happy to b part of dis forum, I must confess u guys re d best. Please i sincerely need ur help concerning my appointment on the 4th of august 2015 at d Abuja American Embassy. Am applying as a tourist n just wanna no d frequently questions they ask, so I can no d area to concentrate. I was denied in 2007 dec 17 precisely after wch I travelled to south africa in 2011 for my degree programme. Now am back 2month ago n applyin fo d visa again. Thank u.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cap4soul: 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
Good day V.O,
Sir, I want to apply for a visiting visa to USA...and my reason is to go for wedding shopping though i have my own business an my wife is also working.....pls sir how can I start dis process and how do I achieve good outcome. I am scared of being denied. I need assistance

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (223)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.