Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679644 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by julius99(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hi,

Please is it possible that after been issued a 2years tourist visa someone can cancel or deactivate the visa to make it invalid?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simi2015: 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Yayyyyyy cheesy glad to know it was you, dear VO.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simi2015: 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I actually get a lot of joy out of reading everyone's questions and feedback, so, thank you!

Ummmm that does sound like me (especially the "unruly" part). cool When was your interview, may I ask?

I still don't know when visas will be ready for pick-up. These delays are a very very very high priority for us and there are teams of experts working around the clock right now to fix this worldwide problem. I'll let everyone know as soon as we're up and running, I promise!

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
simi2015:

Not sure it was! What date was your interview?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
julius99:
Hi,

Please is it possible that after been issued a 2years tourist visa someone can cancel or deactivate the visa to make it invalid?

Thanks

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cap4soul: 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hello VO.....
How are you today? Pls I need you to attend to my request. I sent a message before but u didnt reply me.......pls VO, I want to apply for a visiting visa....my reason is to go for my wedding shopping . I have my business and also my fiancee also work with a bank..pls what documents will I need to prove to get the visa. I don't want to be disappointed...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
cap4soul:
Hello VO.....
How are you today? Pls I need you to attend to my request. I sent a message before but u didnt reply me.......pls VO, I want to apply for a visiting visa....my reason is to go for my wedding shopping . I have my business and also my fiancee also work with a bank..pls what documents will I need to prove to get the visa. I don't want to be disappointed...

These are questions for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Fosi: 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hi VO,

A silent observer for some time. Thanks for everything you did for all of us on this forum.

My wife was originally scheduled for her interview last week Friday. Unfortunately, she received a call from the embassy on Monday that her interview will be re-schedule to July. Moreover, there was no email from the embassy till now to confirm a new interview date for her. Is this normal ma'am?

Why the constant interview re-scheduling that happen this month and last month?

Thanks Maam
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cap4soul: 5:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
VO,
Pls ma u didn't reply me well abt my applying for visitors visa.......who do I get to talk to ,to ask for document required for traveling to USA for wedding shopping......
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simi2015: 5:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Not sure it was! What date was your interview?

That was Thursday morning.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lizzyvic(f): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Thank you so much for your prompt responses, though i prefer asking you my enquiries here. Well it's alright.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I would also be glad just to have a time frame in mind. When I hear something definite, I'll let everyone know!
http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/tips-paying-your-immigrant-fee is a great site for people who are trying to pay the USCIS fee. Please see http://www.uscis.gov/uscis-elis/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-finding-your-number-and-dos-case-id as well for detailed instructions on locating the A number.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR FEED-BACK. HOPING EVERYTHING WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL THIS WEEK. AND WE CAN ALL RE-UNITE AND BE HAPPY WITH OUR LOVED ONES SOON.

MAY GOD BLESSINGS AND CARE WITH HIS DIVINE PROTECTIONS NEVER CEASED COMING TO YOU.

MANY THANKS MA'AM

REGARDS

DAVID T. MAXWELL

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by slim05: 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hello V.O, great job you are doing here, im really glad i stumbled on this thread, i am married with a 2 year old, i would love to relocate with my baby, not sure hubby is interested though because he has a business he runs, can you please advise on steps to take.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 12:35am On Jun 23, 2015
;DWelcome back angelic V.O,hope your vacation went well ma? All glory be to God for save trip. I and my son F2a LGS2014626031 have interview for thursday morning 25th of month hope to see our nairaland queen
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 12:38am On Jun 23, 2015
Welcome back angelic V.O,hope your vacation went well ma? All glory be to God for save trip. I and my son F2a LGS2014626031 have interview for thursday morning 25th of month hope to see our nairaland queen . God bless ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bodescous: 7:09am On Jun 23, 2015
[quote author=VisaOfficer post=35025520]Hi all,

I'm back in the office! and have no plans to disappear again until the end of my tour (which is coming up soon, unfortunately). Let's see how many of your inquiries I can answer today.........

Thanks!

Oops! Thanks for your invaluable advice and directions your have given here our angelic VO. I just want to implore to you to please leave us in a good hands of a VO that would to a certain extent respond to us even though the person might be up to your leniency and patience.. But we want a good listener like you.. I still have my case with the NVC (F2A).
Thank you and I wish you all the best in life.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:13am On Jun 23, 2015
Fosi:
Hi VO,

A silent observer for some time. Thanks for everything you did for all of us on this forum.

My wife was originally scheduled for her interview last week Friday. Unfortunately, she received a call from the embassy on Monday that her interview will be re-schedule to July. Moreover, there was no email from the embassy till now to confirm a new interview date for her. Is this normal ma'am?

Why the constant interview re-scheduling that happen this month and last month?

Thanks Maam

Greetings! No, it's not normal, but we're in an abnormal situation here. We had a surge in the number of cases we were asked to take, and then after we took them, the State Department suddenly experienced worldwide problems with its computer databases. Basically, our computers aren't performing the various security checks that need to be run before we can issue visas. In many cases, we can't access online applications or other online records at all. So we're trying to reschedule our unusually high number of cases as soon as possible. We're going to be interviewing on at least one Saturday and, if the computers permit, will work nights and weekends to print the approved visas just as soon as we're able to do so.

Word on the street is that our systems may be up and running again soon.....

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:14am On Jun 23, 2015
cap4soul:
VO,
Pls ma u didn't reply me well abt my applying for visitors visa.......who do I get to talk to ,to ask for document required for traveling to USA for wedding shopping......

I'm sorry, I only answer questions about immigrant visas, not about visitors' visas.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:16am On Jun 23, 2015
simi2015:

That was Thursday morning.

Then it wasn't me... but I assure you that my hair is MUCH more unruly than that of my colleagues. To be fair, they're much more blonde than I am.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:17am On Jun 23, 2015
slim05:
Hello V.O, great job you are doing here, im really glad i stumbled on this thread, i am married with a 2 year old, i would love to relocate with my baby, not sure hubby is interested though because he has a business he runs, can you please advise on steps to take.
Thank you.

Good morning! The two main paths to immigration are family-based and employment-based. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate.html is the best place to start for people who are just beginning to think about immigration.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:19am On Jun 23, 2015
adeworth1:
;DWelcome back angelic V.O,hope your vacation went well ma? All glory be to God for save trip. I and my son F2a LGS2014626031 have interview for thursday morning 25th of month hope to see our nairaland queen

Hurray! I know you've been waiting a long time for this interview! Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:20am On Jun 23, 2015
bodescous:
Oops! Thanks for your invaluable advice and directions your have given here our angelic VO. I just want to implore to you to please leave us in a good hands of a VO that would to a certain extent respond to us even though the person might be up to your leniency and patience.. But we want a good listener like you.. I still have my case with the NVC (F2A).
Thank you and I wish you all the best in life.

I'm so impressed with the officer who's replacing me, that I think I am probably leaving you in better hands than mine. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bodescous: 7:29am On Jun 23, 2015
cheesy[quote author=VisaOfficer post=35051992]

Really? I am so happy now. ... Cos have always been thinking how am going to miss nairaland travel section(immigrants visa we re listening). You have been awesome too. Kudos to you and I wish you best in endeavors your . grin[quote author=VisaOfficer post=35051992]
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bodescous: 7:32am On Jun 23, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'm so impressed with the officer who's replacing me, that I think I am probably leaving you in better hands than mine. smiley

Really? I am so happy now. ... Cos have always been
thinking how am going to miss nairaland travel section
(immigrants visa we re listening). You have been awesome
too. Kudos to you and I wish you best in your future endeavors.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 23, 2015
VO, thanks for all your help.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 8:33am On Jun 23, 2015
Good morning house! And Greetings to our amiable VO!

I am happy to share the attached update as regards the DOS Technological Problem.

And i look forward to hearing that Lagos consulate is among the posts that has been connected online.

Best Regards

David T. Maxwell.

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simi2015: 10:23am On Jun 23, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Then it wasn't me... but I assure you that my hair is MUCH more unruly than that of my colleagues. To be fair, they're much more blonde than I am.

Oh really? Meaning I wasn't able to see you sad. Regarding your hair, I can only imagine smiley Am still grateful the case number issue went well smiley.
If she is the one replacing you, then she is truly capable like you said, but honestly, Nairaland will miss you terribly.
Still, thanks to you, that lady and everyone at the embassy. Do have a lovely day and God bless you, dear VO.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lizziepeks: 11:08am On Jun 23, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'd say keep you July 9 interview for now. I'll be back in the office next week; if you could e-mail us then, I'll try to keep an eye out for your e-mail so I can follow up. Hang in there!

Good Morning Ma, I sent an email today thank you for all the support.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dejdel(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
Dear VO,kudos for a job well done. Pls,I want to seek for your advise on which on which of these options will be preferable. I met my USC fiancee while I was there in US for tourist, infact I had to stay longer in US for like 4 months instead of my initial planed of 1 month cos we are deeply in love. We now ready to get marry now but we are not sure of the fastest way cos we really want be together after marriage...1.We thought about her coming over here in nigeria so as to do the wedding then go back to US and file spouse visa for me but we were told it takes longer time if not years!...2.The second is to file fiance visa(k1) for me so as to get over there in US and get married then do AOS and other necessary things,for us to be together fast!.We were told fiance visa is very fast compare to spouse visa. Pls VO,your candid advise is highly welcome. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by slim05: 3:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Good morning! The two main paths to immigration are family-based and employment-based. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate.html is the best place to start for people who are just beginning to think about immigration.

Thanks V.O, i will go through it.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queennie: 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
Good day our amiable V O more grease to your elbow.ma our f3 file was petition last year dec I mean dec 2014.pls I want to know when our case is likely to be current

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.