Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679708 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeolu0510: 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hi VO.. Please, I need you to enlighten me about my visa case, my F2b case is presently with NVC; I was instructed to send my AOS and civil documents which I did. I got a checklist later to pay my kids' visa processing fee and fill DS 260 online for them but their names are not included in my case on the CEAC page on the internet. Please, how do I get to pay their iv fees and fill their ds 260 as instructed by NVC. Thanks.
* these kids were not on included when my dad filed in for me in 2008 because I didn't have kids then but I now have and wish to migrate with them.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justlikeyou: 8:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
Dear VO,
I asked you this question about a week ago, but your response did not address mine.

My F4 visa has been approved since June 8th. An e-mail was sent that appointment for interview at Lagos Embassy is being sought for me. My question is that, how many weeks will I have to wait for the interview to be scheduled?

Many thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:52am On Jun 24, 2015
dejdel:
Dear VO,kudos for a job well done. Pls,I want to seek for your advise on which on which of these options will be preferable. I met my USC fiancee while I was there in US for tourist, infact I had to stay longer in US for like 4 months instead of my initial planed of 1 month cos we are deeply in love. We now ready to get marry now but we are not sure of the fastest way cos we really want be together after marriage...1.We thought about her coming over here in nigeria so as to do the wedding then go back to US and file spouse visa for me but we were told it takes longer time if not years!...2.The second is to file fiance visa(k1) for me so as to get over there in US and get married then do AOS and other necessary things,for us to be together fast!.We were told fiance visa is very fast compare to spouse visa. Pls VO,your candid advise is highly welcome. Thanks

It takes NVC roughly the same time to process fiance (I-129F) petitions as to process spouse (I-130) petitions -- the difference is that fiance petitions can be filed RIGHT NOW, whereas spouse petitions can't be filed until after you're married. On the other hand, fiance visas are technically non-immigrant visas, which means that becoming a Legal Permanent Resident is more complicated / time-consuming / costly for people who immigrate as fiances, as compared to people who immigrate as spouses. The choice of which path is right for you depends on your personal situation and preferences. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:53am On Jun 24, 2015
queennie:
Good day our amiable V O more grease to your elbow.ma our f3 file was petition last year dec I mean dec 2014.pls I want to know when our case is likely to be current

Right now, F3 petitions that were filed on or before Feb. 22, 2004, are eligible to be scheduled for interviews. So you likely have around 11 years or so to wait. sad
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:54am On Jun 24, 2015
adeolu0510:
Hi VO.. Please, I need you to enlighten me about my visa case, my F2b case is presently with NVC; I was instructed to send my AOS and civil documents which I did. I got a checklist later to pay my kids' visa processing fee and fill DS 260 online for them but their names are not included in my case on the CEAC page on the internet. Please, how do I get to pay their iv fees and fill their ds 260 as instructed by NVC. Thanks.
* these kids were not on included when my dad filed in for me in 2008 because I didn't have kids then but I now have and wish to migrate with them.

A lot of people are having this problem, due to our worldwide computer problems. There's no easy solution; just keep trying, and don't hesitate to contact NVC and let them know what you're experiencing.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:57am On Jun 24, 2015
justlikeyou:
Dear VO,
I asked you this question about a week ago, but your response did not address mine.

My F4 visa has been approved since June 8th. An e-mail was sent that appointment for interview at Lagos Embassy is being sought for me. My question is that, how many weeks will I have to wait for the interview to be scheduled?

Many thanks

My original answer stands... I'm not sure how many weeks you will have to wait, but I just e-mailed NVC to ask for more cases in August and September, so if your petition has been approved and your case is current, with luck your case might be among those.

Still, I should have mentioned in my original post that it depends when your petition was filed. Right now, F4 cases with petitions filed on or before Sept. 8, 2002, are eligible to be scheduled for interviews.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ammicable: 8:47am On Jun 24, 2015
Dear Visa Officer,

A little birdie (Dept of State Website) told me Lagos Post is one of the 39 posts back online as at yesterday. 1.) Is this true? 2.) have you started printing visas now? 3.) Will you work over the weekend if need be to cover the backlog? 4.) Will i be lucky to get mine printed (interview was 11 june) before 30th June as I have a flight to catch and my wife is boiling like a hot kettle as we speak. smiley 5.) Are these questions too much to ask?

I shall expect your usual swift reply.

Cheers and have a great day!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lizziepeks: 9:01am On Jun 24, 2015
lizziepeks:

Good Morning Ma, I sent an email today thank you for all the support.

Good Morning Ma, Ma I am very confused at this stage I got an email yesterday stating not to bother about having the interview for July 9th but then I got another email this morning with attachments of K1/K3 preparation documents and how to go about getting ready for interview. Ma was this a mistake or is my physical file now in Lagos and can have the interview now?? thank you ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:06am On Jun 24, 2015
ammicable:
Dear Visa Officer,

A little birdie (Dept of State Website) told me Lagos Post is one of the 39 posts back online as at yesterday. 1.) Is this true? 2.) have you started printing visas now? 3.) Will you work over the weekend if need be to cover the backlog? 4.) Will i be lucky to get mine printed (interview was 11 june) before 30th June as I have a flight to catch and my wife is boiling like a hot kettle as we speak. smiley 5.) Are these questions too much to ask?

I shall expect your usual swift reply.

Cheers and have a great day!

1. We are cautiously back online!

2. This means that we are beginning to be able to print some visas, and we hope that we'll be back to full capacity soon.

3. Yes, we will be here this weekend, and I totally want everyone's sympathy and compassion because it is also Sanitation Saturday this weekend, which means that we all have to be here well before 07:00, and one of the most profound joys of my life is sleeping in. cry But, considering what all of you are going through, I can get up at 05:00 on a Saturday once in a while.

4. I can't promise you anything... we are still cautious... I don't want to get your hopes up unnecessarily. (This is the moment where I'm supposed to say "You should never, ever buy a ticket before your visa is actually in your hands" but you seem to be in a good mood and I don't want to shake that.) Shoot us an e-mail on Monday, or if you're comfortable posting your case number post it here, and I can at least let you know if your visa was one that cleared for printing on or before Saturday.

5. Nope, it's cool.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2015
lizziepeks:

Good Morning Ma, Ma I am very confused at this stage I got an email yesterday stating not to bother about having the interview for July 9th but then I got another email this morning with attachments of K1/K3 preparation documents and how to go about getting ready for interview. Ma was this a mistake or is my physical file now in Lagos and can have the interview now?? thank you ma.

Good morning,

Your file's not here yet. Our Correspondence Unit sent you the preparation packet because your most recent e-mail said: "I am ready for interview, I have booked an interview for 9th of July, and the CEAC website says ready for interview, what next??" That made it sound like your case is a case like any other (i.e. not a post-to-post transfer awaiting arrival here), so the Unit thought you just needed to know about the panel physicians, etc. Sorry about the confusion.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by LikoGee: 9:57am On Jun 24, 2015
Dear V.O,
Goodmorning and hope u had a goodnight?
I came across an info on here about most of the consulates being back online and Lagos being one of them smiley , though in one of your responses you said its still "cautiously back on line".Please I do have a few Qs:
1) I had my interview on d 12th of June and my visa gt approved, so do I get a phone-call or e-mail to notify me of pick up once my visa is ready?
2)Is it okay if I e-mail also by monday to find out the status of my visa if I don't get any notification by the weekend?
Am hoping to leave the shores of Nigeria latest 1st week in July,do u tink wit d way operations are back up now,tho cautiously still,its feasible?I pray for GODs strength for ya'll because I kno wit dese backlogs,its gonna be some big loadz of work in d coming days.
Thank u and have a a great day.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tonyphil: 10:24am On Jun 24, 2015
VisaOfficer:

2. This means that we are beginning to be able to print some visas, and we hope that we'll be back to full capacity soon.

3. Yes, we will be here this weekend, and I totally want everyone's sympathy and compassion because it is also Sanitation Saturday this weekend, which means that we all have to be here well before 07:00, and one of the most profound joys of my life is sleeping in. cry But, considering what all of you are going through, I can get up at 05:00 on a Saturday once in a while.

4. I can't promise you anything... we are still cautious... I don't want to get your hopes up unnecessarily. (This is the moment where I'm supposed to say "You should never, ever buy a ticket before your visa is actually in your hands" but you seem to be in a good mood and I don't want to shake that.) Shoot us an e-mail on Monday, or if you're comfortable posting your case number post it here, and I can at least let you know if your visa was one that cleared for printing on or before Saturday.

5. Nope, it's cool.
Hello VO..
Am praying really hard that mine has been printed... LGs2015526026
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:26am On Jun 24, 2015
LikoGee:
Dear V.O,
Goodmorning and hope u had a goodnight?
I came across an info on here about most of the consulates being back online and Lagos being one of them smiley , though in one of your responses you said its still "cautiously back on line".Please I do have a few Qs:
1) I had my interview on d 12th of June and my visa gt approved, so do I get a phone-call or e-mail to notify me of pick up once my visa is ready?
2)Is it okay if I e-mail also by monday to find out the status of my visa if I don't get any notification by the weekend?
Am hoping to leave the shores of Nigeria latest 1st week in July,do u tink wit d way operations are back up now,tho cautiously still,its feasible?I pray for GODs strength for ya'll because I kno wit dese backlogs,its gonna be some big loadz of work in d coming days.
Thank u and have a a great day.

At this time, our volume is too high to call or e-mail individuals when their visas are printed. Please continue to monitor the status online, to call the collection center, or to e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov. Please note that with so many people e-mailing us repeatedly, we are unable to respond to everyone as quickly as usual.

It's too early for me to make any predictions at this time, but I'm hopeful that we're heading toward a full recovery.......

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ammicable: 10:31am On Jun 24, 2015
VisaOfficer:

5. Nope, it's cool.

1. Cautiously? What a word lol

2. Great News! Can't wait to have you people back at full throttle

3. Awwww...be assured that my undiluted sympathy goes out to your kind heart this weekend. I work a Mon-Fri shift and i loathe those weekends i get to work because of system issues too ( I am network engineer). As a matter of fact, Saturdays and Sundays are those days i talk to my wife for several hours non-stop on the phone, she wouldn't allow me attend to any other thing. Whew! I am glad those long calls would be reduced considerably very very soon unless she decides to sit in the bedroom and call me while i watch football in the living room! (Please don't tell her, i know women love long calls grin)

4. Yes guilty as charged! I should never make travel plans until i get the visa in hand I took a leap of faith! If by friday i do not get any mail or sms from you guys, i'd be at the airline first thing monday morning to change the ticket to maybe Dec 25th grin . At least before Xmas we would be back online non-cautiously. Well about the case number, I am not sure there's much anybody (wrong hands) can do with it except check the progress of the case, is there? I tend to be a little careful in some areas except buying tickets without a visa cheesy

5. I am glad you never get tired of answering questions, even stupid ones.

Please let me know if you think its safe to post one's case number online.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 11:46am On Jun 24, 2015
VisaOfficer:

At this time, our volume is too high to call or e-mail individuals when their visas are printed. Please continue to monitor the status online, to call the collection center, or to e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov. Please note that with so many people e-mailing us repeatedly, we are unable to respond to everyone as quickly as usual.
It's too early for me to make any predictions at this time, but I'm hopeful that we're heading toward a full recovery.......

Ma'am i was also interviewed on June 12 and was approved. And i just sent an email to confirm if my visa has been printed. Please ma, i would be greatly happy and grateful if my visa is printed before this weekend cos my wife and I have a convention to attend first week of July. Thank you so much in anticipation of your response. God bless you ma always.

Regards,

David T. Maxwell
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simi2015: 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good afternoon Ma'am VO,

I have been checking the CEAC website and my status says 'Ready' but the details also says I prepare for interview which I already came for (18th June) and was approved. ‎Should I disregard the status information on the CEAC website or can it be rectified to accurately reflect my current status? I have sent a similar mail (with my case number LGS2015XXX036) to the IV unit to this effect.

‎I would also like to know how soon it will be issued (printed) and ready for pickup, considering the recent computer glitch. I would be grateful if I could pick it up before‎ the first week in July. Thank you very much, Ma'am.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
My reply to all the recent questions is the same:

Our systems are getting better. However, I can't tell anyone specifically when your particular visa will be printed, or if it will be printed by next week, etc. We are getting hundreds of e-mails from people asking these same questions -- some of the people e-mailing more than once a day -- so many e-mails that the e-mails themselves are slowing things down. Please, don't e-mail us more than once, and really there's no point in e-mailing us today -- it would make more sense to wait until Monday, as Saturday will be our big recovery / printing day here. Also, instead of e-mailing us, you can check your status online or call the collection center.

If your online status still says "Ready" even after you were interviewed and told you were approved, that means that your case looks good but that the computer glitches won't let us approve the case in the system / print the visa. Hang in there. We'll approve and print as soon as we can.

I'm glad to continue answering questions here in the meantime, but I really can't answer questions about whether specific visas have been printed or when they might be printed.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simi2015: 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Our systems are getting better. However, I can't tell anyone specifically when your particular visa will be printed, or if it will be printed by next week, etc. We are getting hundreds of e-mails from people asking these same questions -- some of the people e-mailing more than once a day -- so many e-mails that the e-mails themselves are slowing things down. Please, don't e-mail us more than once, and really there's no point in e-mailing us today -- it would make more sense to wait until Monday, as Saturday will be our big recovery / printing day here. Also, instead of e-mailing us, you can check your status online or call the collection center.

If your online status still says "Ready" even after you were interviewed and told you were approved, that means that your case looks good but that the computer glitches won't let us approve the case in the system / print the visa. Hang in there. We'll approve and print as soon as we can.

I'm glad to continue answering questions here in the meantime, but I really can't answer questions about whether specific visas have been printed or when they might be printed.

Thank you Ma'am. Am at peace now regarding the status. Thanks again.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Dear Visa Officer, at this juncture, i would like to say A BIGGER THANK YOU towards your selfless services to us all here. You just gave us comforting re-assurance with your last comments here.
However, i'd like to ask if there is another contact telephone number the collection center can be reached with. because this number: 094601748, isn't going through at all. Kindly help in this area. Thanks always.

Regards

David T. Maxwell.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Hurray! I know you've been waiting a long time for this interview! Best of luck!
Yes our angelic VO its as really been a long waiting ma.pls ma what time is best to be in 8am queue ? hope 2hours before is ok ma ? God bless
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by blinkdr: 1:28am On Jun 25, 2015
how long does it take for admisistrative processing do pple usally get a response before the 60days
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nigeriainfo: 7:17am On Jun 25, 2015
hello V.O, my question is that is ABUJA united states embassy computer resolve? Has it back online since Lagos computer technolical problem is being resolved? How soon Abuja embassy will be online? Cheers.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:36am On Jun 25, 2015
Colemaxgrl:

Dear Visa Officer, at this juncture, i would like to say A BIGGER THANK YOU towards your selfless services to us all here. You just gave us comforting re-assurance with your last comments here.
However, i'd like to ask if there is another contact telephone number the collection center can be reached with. because this number: 094601748, isn't going through at all. Kindly help in this area. Thanks always.

Regards

David T. Maxwell.

That's the only number they have. You might also try support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com but they are probably having the same flood of inquiries that we have. We're going to be able to start printing many visas as of today (hurray), but keep in mind that we also have to check them to make sure all information is correct, package the immigration packets, and deliver them to the collection center. That means that e-mailing or calling the collection center today or tomorrow is likely not worth your time, as they have nothing to tell you yet. Monday is a better day for people to ask for updated statuses, but keep in mind that the more often people ask, the longer it will take us to respond to everyone... and the more time we'll spend reviewing e-mails instead of printing visas!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2015
adeworth1:
Yes our angelic VO its as really been a long waiting ma.pls ma what time is best to be in 8am queue ? hope 2hours before is ok ma ? God bless

It's a good idea to arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of time -- but two hours sounds like a long time to wait!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:41am On Jun 25, 2015
blinkdr:
how long does it take for admisistrative processing do pple usally get a response before the 60days

It depends on the reason why a case is in administrative processing. Most cases only take a few days, but the ones that take several months are the ones people tend to discuss on Nairaland, for understandable reasons.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:42am On Jun 25, 2015
nigeriainfo:
hello V.O, my question is that is ABUJA united states embassy computer resolve? Has it back online since Lagos computer technolical problem is being resolved? How soon Abuja embassy will be online? Cheers.

Both Lagos and Abuja are back online, but that doesn't mean everything is running optimally. We're better able to process cases and access information, but there are still delays in receiving the clearances we need to print many visas.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nigeriainfo: 9:58am On Jun 25, 2015
thank you sir/ma for your quick response. I will like to know if New Applicant can schedule for appointment in Abuja embassy now since you are bck online? Or not? Thank You for Your Time.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nigeriainfo: 10:00am On Jun 25, 2015
i mean interview for Abuja embassy? Or not? Cheers.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cutedimpled: 10:26am On Jun 25, 2015
Hi VO,Thank you for your great and selfless service.I had case complete on June 11 for CR1 Visa and was told that we will be scheduled for an interview soon.Also,it states that our priority date is June 20,2014..What does this mean? and how soon can we get an interview scheduled?Is it likely to be in August or September..Looking forward to the interview..Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 10:31am On Jun 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

That's the only number they have. You might also try support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com but they are probably having the same flood of inquiries that we have. We're going to be able to start printing many visas as of today (hurray), but keep in mind that we also have to check them to make sure all information is correct, package the immigration packets, and deliver them to the collection center. That means that e-mailing or calling the collection center today or tomorrow is likely not worth your time, as they have nothing to tell you yet. Monday is a better day for people to ask for updated statuses, but keep in mind that the more often people ask, the longer it will take us to respond to everyone... and the more time we'll spend reviewing e-mails instead of printing visas!

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!! This is just the best news i ever heard of since last week. Thank you sooo many countless times our dearest V.O. You just made my day. Lol! And yes i can at this moment relax till Monday before contacting the collection center. God bless you always ma'am. Have a blessed day and enjoy rest of the week viz weekend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.