Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (822290 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:22am On Jun 28, 2016
Hello Lejus16,

If you already have a visa and the opportunity has passed, you do not need to do anything further. However, you must be able to explain to the officers at the port of entry the reason for the change.

Regards,

Abuja NIV
Lejus16:
Dear Abuja NiV,

Recently, I got America Visa ( B1/B2 ) Non-Immigrant Visa. But the problem I have now is am not able to travel the date I stipulated on DS-160 form and also the person I want to visit is in Nigeria since March. Now I want to ask is possible for me to visit another person different from my contact on DS-160 form for example instead of Georgia I visit New Jersey. God will bless you hear from you soon.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:25am On Jun 28, 2016
Hello ChiMoni37,

It depends on the visa class. If you are going on a B1B2 visa for vacation, you must prove to the officer that you have ties strong enough that would compel you to return to your home country.

Regards,

Abuja NIV
chiMoni37:
I ask of the requirements only... .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by teewhy3(m): 10:44am On Jun 28, 2016
Dear NIV,

Please sir/ma, what could be the reason I am being called for interview after applying through dropbox with my family. Considering when I tracked my spouse's application, it has a status of issued. It was a family application. My Kid's status is also "No Status".

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hello Kings1987,

First of all, stop using agents. They do not understand the process and often times create more problems for applicants. Please contact +23414406218 or support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Again, please contact us directly with questions or browse our website, facebook page and our Nairaland threads for the best information.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

kings1987:
Dear sir, please i need clarification about this i paid for american visa fee at GTB i try to book the appointment date i could not fine the actual date i want i decided to leave and after 2 days i logging again to complete the booking the next i saw at the end is conformation meanwhile i have not chosen any date yet, please what should i do? because one agent told me that i can not book with that receipts number again that it has entered into mailbox, i need advise on how to get it done thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:47pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hello teewhy3,

We cannot comment on individual cases. Set up an appointment and you will speak to an officer then.

Regards,

Abujva NIV

teewhy3:
Dear NIV,

Please sir/ma, what could be the reason I am being called for interview after applying through dropbox with my family. Considering when I tracked my spouse's application, it has a status of issued. It was a family application. My Kid's status is also "No Status".

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 29, 2016
Dear VO,

Are babies (mine is 2 months old) allowed to enter a visa hall?
Me my husband and baby are applying for B1B2
If no, should we present our baby's passport and confirmation during interview?
Are there any other documents required? We are first time applicants for US visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rinwalex: 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
Dear VO, I am filling the US visa application form. Please do I need to complete and submit the form before booking an appointment? I need to check the appointment dates before submitting the DS-160 form. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by laeksyde: 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hello NIV,

I need some clarifications regarding the work history and income on the DS-160 form. They are as follows:
1. Is it gross or net income that is to be filled?
2. The online form does not allow for additional income for those with more than one job. Do i just add my regular income from the other source as a total?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chidima: 7:47am On Jun 30, 2016
Dear VO,

My friend's husband incorrectly filled the date of birth of his wife at the passport office, and so a passport with an incorrect data was issued to her. Not knowing what to do, she proceeded to for her visa interview at the the embassy. Now she is not comfortable with this mistake and has insisted that she would correct it at the expiration of the passport. She wants to know the implication of going for another interview with a new passport. showing her correct date of birth. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rinwalex: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2016
Do I need to get an invitation letter from my friend I want to stay with in the US for the period of 3months?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:19am On Jun 30, 2016
Hello Ije004,

All applicants must be present for their interviews, babies included. It takes a couple of hours, so be prepared to hold your baby for the duration of your time.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Ije004:
Dear VO,

Are babies (mine is 2 months old) allowed to enter a visa hall?
Me my husband and baby are applying for B1B2
If no, should we present our baby's passport and confirmation during interview?
Are there any other documents required? We are first time applicants for US visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:26am On Jun 30, 2016
Hello Laeksyde,

1. Either one. Just explain that during the interview.
2. Explain that to the officer.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

laeksyde:
Hello NIV,

I need some clarifications regarding the work history and income on the DS-160 form. They are as follows:
1. Is it gross or net income that is to be filled?
2. The online form does not allow for additional income for those with more than one job. Do i just add my regular income from the other source as a total?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:28am On Jun 30, 2016
Hello rinwalex,

We cannot stress enough how unnecessary invitation letters are. They are not required, as is most documentation, and will not be looked at during the interview.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

rinwalex:
Do I need to get an invitation letter from my friend I want to stay with in the US for the period of 3months?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rinwalex: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
Dear VO,
I am filling the US visa application form. Please do I need to complete and submit the form before booking an appointment? I need to check the appointment dates before submitting the DS-160 form. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sariahogbe11(f): 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
Good afternoon
I'm applying for a f - 1 visa but my father is a citizen of America and has filed for citizenship for me but it's taking longer than expected and I need to resume by January. Should I mention this to the VO?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Thank you VO! Your responses are highly appreciated!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hynex79(m): 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hello VO,my cousin has an interview appointment on Wednesday -the 6th of next month, but we just learnt that the federal government declared 5th and 6th public holidays;i just want to know if it'll still hold,if not,what do we do/how do we reschedule. .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shotuns: 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hello VO,
I am a new applicant for B1/B2 visa, I noticed after I have already signed and submitted my application that I made a typing error in writing my name instead of a letter 'Z' I wrote letter B. I would like to if there is any possibility my application will accepted. I am yet to book an appointment, should I fill in new application or what can I do? Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks VO.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by emuje(m): 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
Dear VO, u guys are doing a great job. More kudos to your elbow!
Pls I need a clarification; if a parent (mother) was issued 2 years visa (B1/B2) with her kids (age: 9 - 5) on the same day. They supposed to travel together to visit a family but due to circumstances beyond their control they could travel at the stipulated date but the mother later travel to US at a later date for another event different from her initial travel arrangement before she got the visa. But she was refused entry at POE by Immigration Officer, all because she didn't travel at the date she filled in her B1/B2 form or date mentioned during her interview, her initial invitee phone number was not going thru and she is four months pregnant; though she wanted to stay in the US for two weeks. Because she have to resume back to her office here in Nigeria the third week.

MY QUESTIONS
1) Is there any way one can appeal the decision of Immigration officer at POE?

2) Does the decisions make by the Immigration Officer at POE on the parent (mother) visa B1/B2 has any effect on the Kids visa that they applied for the same visa together?

3) Lastly, in case if anyone of them is banned; can it have any effect on the others?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Donnurudeen: 6:14am On Jul 03, 2016
Please guys I had my visa refuse twice in January when i applied to attend a conference. The first, I was nervous and the second I was told there has been no change between my first and second application. Recently, I was invited by my cousin a citizen in the US to attend his wedding scheduled for December but I noticed that the agent that filled my previous DS 160 form answered No to the part where I was asked if I have relative or distance relative in the US. Please how do I correct that?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Donnurudeen: 6:16am On Jul 03, 2016
Hello VO,
I had my visa refuse twice in January when i applied to attend a conference. I was nervous in the first interview, and in the second interview I was told there has been no change between my first and second application. Recently, I was invited by my cousin a citizen in the US to attend his wedding scheduled for December but I noticed that the agent that filled my previous DS 160 form answered "No" In the part where I was asked if I have relative or distance relative in the US. Please how do I correct this?
Secondly, I now have a traveling history, and am currently in an NGO, plus my wife just put to birth. Does this change my status to reapply after six months? I am really worried and need your assistance.
Your swift response will be appreciated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hopefulme: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
@abujaniv and lagosniv

Thank you for your contributions. Happy Independence day.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shawlar55: 10:29am On Jul 05, 2016
Hi vo,my interview is next week and I have 2 accounts statement which is my salary acct and personal acct.i applied for b1/b2.but d address of acct is different from d one I filled wit d online.cos wen I got married I got a new apartment,should I go wit d new apartment receipt? Plz reply tanx.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by barnaby04(m): 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hello House, I have someone that has a visa interview on Thursday in Abuja, with the new extended public holiday, how can one confirm from the consulate new date for the interview or would it still hold on thursday?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FabioRomani: 1:44am On Jul 07, 2016
Dear VO,

My wife and I were issued a b1/b2 visa in May and the travel date we filled on the ds160 form is August 2, however my wife just discovered that she is 3 weeks pregnant (please note that she wasn't pregnant as at the time of interview because we were asked if she was pregnant).

My wife and I have decided to have our baby in the U.S, and my questions are as follows:

1. Please is it wrong? Given that she wasn't pregnant during the interview
2. Is it wrong if we don't travel on the exact date we specified on the ds160 form?

Cheers.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:29am On Jul 07, 2016
Hello rinwalex,

Yes, you must complete the form first.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

rinwalex:
Dear VO,
I am filling the US visa application form. Please do I need to complete and submit the form before booking an appointment? I need to check the appointment dates before submitting the DS-160 form. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:30am On Jul 07, 2016
Hello Sariahogbe11,

Honesty is always the best policy. It very well may come up, so be sure to be forthright and engage in a conversation about your immigration process.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Sariahogbe11:
Good afternoon
I'm applying for a f - 1 visa but my father is a citizen of America and has filed for citizenship for me but it's taking longer than expected and I need to resume by January. Should I mention this to the interviewer?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:33am On Jul 07, 2016
Hello Hynex79,

When the embassy is closed for holidays, we always email the applicants to let them know that their appointment has been pushed back. That is why it is so important to always put your own information in the application as many applicants who used agents were not informed and appeared at the embassy. Check out embassy website- we always post it there.

Regards,

Abuja NIV
hynex79:
Hello VO,my cousin has an interview appointment on Wednesday -the 6th of next month, but we just learnt that the federal government declared 5th and 6th public holidays;i just want to know if it'll still hold,if not,what do we do/how do we reschedule. .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:35am On Jul 07, 2016
Hello Shotuns,

You can call the call center: +23414406218 or email them at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,

Abuja NIV
shotuns:
Hello VO,
I am a new applicant for B1/B2 visa, I noticed after I have already signed and submitted my application that I made a typing error in writing my name instead of a letter 'Z' I wrote letter B. I would like to if there is any possibility my application will accepted. I am yet to book an appointment, should I fill in new application or what can I do? Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks VO.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:41am On Jul 07, 2016
Hello emuje,

There is no appeal process.

Keep in mind that a visa is permission to travel to the port of entry, but the decision to allow someone to enter the U.S. falls to the Department of Homeland Security. Reading between the lines here, it sounds like this applicant was not very honest during the interview. If a visa is canceled, they are welcome to reapply, but there may be a ban on them entering the U.S. Children cannot apply on their own and their eligibility depends on their parents, so if a parent has misused their visa, it is unlikely that a child will be eligible for a visa.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

emuje:
Dear VO, u guys are doing a great job. More kudos to your elbow!
Pls I need a clarification; if a parent (mother) was issued 2 years visa (B1/B2) with her kids (age: 9 - 5) on the same day. They supposed to travel together to visit a family but due to circumstances beyond their control they could travel at the stipulated date but the mother later travel to US at a later date for another event different from her initial travel arrangement before she got the visa. But she was refused entry at POE by Immigration Officer, all because she didn't travel at the date she filled in her B1/B2 form or date mentioned during her interview, her initial invitee phone number was not going thru and she is four months pregnant; though she wanted to stay in the US for two weeks. Because she have to resume back to her office here in Nigeria the third week.

MY QUESTIONS
1) Is there any way one can appeal the decision of Immigration officer at POE?

2) Does the decisions make by the Immigration Officer at POE on the parent (mother) visa B1/B2 has any effect on the Kids visa that they applied for the same visa together?

3) Lastly, in case if anyone of them is banned; can it have any effect on the others?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2016
Hello Donnurudeen,

This is a perfect example of why we strongly discourage using agents. The tend to make mistakes and create so many more problems for the applicants. You used an agent and they made a mistake and now you will be held accountable for it. Be prepared to explain what happened at the interview.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Donnurudeen:
Please guys I had my visa refuse twice in January when i applied to attend a conference. The first, I was nervous and the second I was told there has been no change between my first and second application. Recently, I was invited by my cousin a citizen in the US to attend his wedding scheduled for December but I noticed that the agent that filled my previous DS 160 form answered No to the part where I was asked if I have relative or distance relative in the US. Please how do I correct that?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shotuns: 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=abujaniv post=47292818]Hello Shotuns,

You can call the call center: +23414406218 or email them at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,

Abuja NIV
[/quote

Hi VO, I re-filled another DS 160 and corrected the mistake made earlier before submission this time and got a new confirmation number, I later booked my appointment. As you advised I called at Support-+23414406218 to explain myself and I was told my new DS 160 form has been activated and have nothing to worry about.
However, I still want to ask if I should email them at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com? Please advice. Thank so much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.