Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,480 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (822465 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shawlar55: 8:20am On Jul 12, 2016
Dear vo, plz I av interview dis week,i av old passport dat xpired,but I av a new one dat I used for dis ds form.i want to know if I should take d old passport along to the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tecb: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Hello VO,

Thank you for your response, i should have clarified that the error is on the Drop box confirmation letter not the application itself. Would i need to make another visa fee payment for the changes.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello shawlar55,

It's fine to bring an old passport to the interview, but if you didn't travel on it then the officer wouldn't ask to see it.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

shawlar55:
Dear vo, plz I av interview dis week,i av old passport dat xpired,but I av a new one dat I used for dis ds form.i want to know if I should take d old passport along to the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello tecb,

Send an email to ConsularAbuja @ state.gov to explain the error.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

tecb:
Hello VO,

Thank you for your response, i should have clarified that the error is on the Drop box confirmation letter not the application itself. Would i need to make another visa fee payment for the changes.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Kaponix: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello AbujaNIV,

I have a half brother who has been living in the US for a long time and his residency status I don't know; because, we don't communicate and i also don't even know where in America he is based. Please, can i fill in his name as a relation (sibling) in my D-160 form seeing that i don't even have his contact nor know his residency status?

Regards.

Kaponix.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kentro201: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
Good day everyone in the house.
please I need accurate and precise decision on my enquiries.
God bless every one.
I work with an Audit firm as an assistant audit manager.,I'm recently being approved for a study leave in us for certified internal auditor as regards my promotion early next year .

I applied to a university in us (florida atlantic university)to study certified Internal audit course.it's a one month certifcate course.68hours and 9 session.

My company has paid for the course $2,100 and I have been issued a receipt and registration confirmation.

The course is due to start early September and end November.

My question is I'm confused on the category of visa I should apply for. .as I'm not intending to work during the course or stay after...though the classes are stated for Saturdays only.

Please I need a sincere and honest advise if it's possible to secure a visa for this kind of course and What category of visa do I fit in

Thanks in advance
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ELEOVIE(m): 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello AbujaNIV,

I completed the DS160 form to renew my US visa. I filled that my wife currently on vacation/childbirth along with our newborn are my immediate relative currently in the US. I think from your earlier advise to similar issues, this information could be seen as incorrect especially because we do not intend to stay in the US or overstay our visa limit.
I am eligible for dropbox and I will be submitting my passport for visa renewal soon.

QUESTION: Will this affect my visa application?

Best Regards,
Ufuoma
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by KMENaziRapper(m): 11:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello VO, I have an aunt who invited me to states, she is a citizen of USA Just for a 2weeks vacation What do I need to take along for interview after booking for appointment Do I need any travel experience before they can approve visa for me? Thanks Would be glad to hear back soon
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mckelvynx: 6:16am On Jul 13, 2016
I have a question dear officer,

I went for a visa interview since ten days ago, following the long week holidays for American Independence and Sallah celebration. But uptil now I have not collected my passport back because I couldnt track to see if my passport is ready. After the interview, the officer gave me a proxi letter and a letter of congratulation to come next week for my visa. But since las two days, if I log in to check if my passport is ready for pick up, it says Document delivery information and nothing more. What do I do please.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:25am On Jul 13, 2016
Hello Kaponix,

He's an immediate relative in the U.S. so you should list him as such on your form, and if the interviewing officer asks you can explain that you're not in contact and you don't know where he lives.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Kaponix:
Hello AbujaNIV,

I have a half brother who has been living in the US for a long time and his residency status I don't know; because, we don't communicate and i also don't even know where in America he is based. Please, can i fill in his name as a relation (sibling) in my D-160 form seeing that i don't even have his contact nor know his residency status?

Regards.

Kaponix.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:30am On Jul 13, 2016
Hello kentro201,

You will need an F-1 visa since you are taking classes that will give you a certification.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

kentro201:
Good day everyone in the house.
please I need accurate and precise decision on my enquiries.
God bless every one.
I work with an Audit firm as an assistant audit manager.,I'm recently being approved for a study leave in us for certified internal auditor as regards my promotion early next year .

I applied to a university in us (florida atlantic university)to study certified Internal audit course.it's a one month certifcate course.68hours and 9 session.

My company has paid for the course $2,100 and I have been issued a receipt and registration confirmation.

The course is due to start early September and end November.

My question is I'm confused on the category of visa I should apply for. .as I'm not intending to work during the course or stay after...though the classes are stated for Saturdays only.

Please I need a sincere and honest advise if it's possible to secure a visa for this kind of course and What category of visa do I fit in

Thanks in advance
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2016
Hello ELEOVIE,

We cannot comment on specific cases. In general, you should be fully honest about your plans and situation, and if there are questions about your dropbox application then you would be called in for an interview where you could explain what's going on.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

ELEOVIE:
Hello AbujaNIV,

I completed the DS160 form to renew my US visa. I filled that my wife currently on vacation/childbirth along with our newborn are my immediate relative currently in the US. I think from your earlier advise to similar issues, this information could be seen as incorrect especially because we do not intend to stay in the US or overstay our visa limit.
I am eligible for dropbox and I will be submitting my passport for visa renewal soon.

QUESTION: Will this affect my visa application?

Best Regards,
Ufuoma
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2016
Hello KMENaziRapper,

The only documents you need to bring to the interview for a business/tourist visa are detailed here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typeb1b2.html . Travel experience is one of many things that could be asked about in the interview, but it is not necessary to be approved for a visa.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

KMENaziRapper:
Hello VO, I have an aunt who invited me to states, she is a citizen of USA
Just for a 2weeks vacation
What do I need to take along for interview after booking for appointment
Do I need any travel experience before they can approve visa for me?
Thanks
Would be glad to hear back soon
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:45am On Jul 13, 2016
Hello mckelvynx,

There should be a phone number for a call center on the visa approval letter. Call that number and ask for assistance.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

mckelvynx:
I have a question dear officer,

I went for a visa interview since ten days ago, following the long week holidays for American Independence and Sallah celebration. But uptil now I have not collected my passport back because I couldnt track to see if my passport is ready. After the interview, the officer gave me a proxi letter and a letter of congratulation to come next week for my visa. But since las two days, if I log in to check if my passport is ready for pick up, it says Document delivery information and nothing more. What do I do please.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kentro201: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello kentro201,

You will need an F-1 visa since you are taking classes that will give you a certification.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

THanks for you answer,but Sir I do not have an I-20 letter....I only have a verification of registration letter and receipt showing payment for courses.

The university said they don't issue I-20 for this course because it's not a full time course.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Kaponix: 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
Dear AbujaNIV,

Can NYSC work year be included in the previous work history?

Regards

Kaponix
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oye84: 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hi,

I would require clarification on the category of visa between B1/B2 or B2 to select when completing the DS 160 form as my wife's primary reason for the trip is to have our baby in the US

Thank You
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by siina(m): 8:57am On Jul 14, 2016
Please house, after filling the Ds-160 form can someone still go back to print it or check what one filled there? Urgent answers needed please. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by siina(m): 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
siina:
Please house, after filling the Ds-160 form can someone still go back to print it or check what one filled there? Urgent answers needed please. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bigcil2(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2016
Dear Niv
I want to apply for Visiting Visa , also would want to use the time not only visiting monuments and or relatives but to study the market for my website firm.
But like you've said countless times presentation of account statement isn't needed, but according to this web url posted
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typeb1b2.html
1. Businessmen and company directors
Bring evidence of your position in the company and remuneration.
Current proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership, or assets.
Your travel itinerary and/or other explanation about your planned trip.

After seeing these am a little bit confused.

What do I come with really cos I don't plan to go through any agent I believe I can do this myself , but wouldn't want to fail because I didn't back my claims up properly.

Please respond. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CyZubby(f): 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hello good evening,
Please would love to know how long after the filling of form for Dropbox renewal should one submit to the DHL center of choice? What's the maximum days after submission of form online for Dropbox should one take the passport and confirmation forms to DHL center? Please I need urgent response. Thanks and God bless
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oye84: 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hi,

I would like to know if passports can be picked up on one's behalf at the DHL office.

Thank You.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oye84: 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hi,

I would like to confirm if I have made a mistake during the application process as the appointment wait time on this website https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/wait-times.html made me believe I can get an earlier appointment time in abuja in comparison to lagos as their wait time are like 30 days apart as at this morning with an information that it was last updated as at today.

However at the point of trying to schedule an appointment on this site https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/scheduleappointment the first available appointment time is like 30 days different from the one available on the previous site.

Can you kindly help clarify

Thank You
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by peacevilla: 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
Dear VO, I m planning to have a vacation in US with my wife. I m filling ds-160 form. But my wife has an immigrant petition i-130 filed by her brother who is a citizen. Hope this can't be a setback in granting us visa. Note, I declared the petition in the application with the receipt number which can be verified by them.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Coachpeter5(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2016
Hello VO, my boy was recently denied in Abuja under section 214b without being given a specific reason for a F1 visa, and is i20 is expiring on the 1st of August i want to reapply for him in Lagos, the person helping him to fill his new ds160 form is a basketball coach in the US who help him secure a high school scholarship and he wants to make some changes on his current ds160 form would this affect his chances of getting his visa approved due to the fact that he has been denied before with is previous ds160 form. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 15, 2016
Good Day VO,
plz i was given a B1 B2 visa with my ex-wife in march as couple then for Honey moon in New york, but we have divorced and we dont have any kids together

Plz can i travel alone to usa on my holiday in September?

plz I will appreciate your reply
Thank You
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sugarbanana0707: 11:50am On Jul 15, 2016
Good morning house, my family and I applied for B1/B2 and our interview has been scheduled to august but am worried because my hubby have appeared in different occasioned, he appeared twice in 2014 with interval of four mouth in lagos and we appeared as a family(with my a year old son then) again December 2015 in abuja, my hubby was invited for new orleans jazz festival and he appeared twice with interval of a week plus because the invitations was still valid (1st interview was abuja while the second interview was lagos). My hubby is working with a company that supply and installed CCTV cameras. My hubby was nervous for his two appearance but the family appearance was my fault because the agent package me that am working with one company and when d VO asked me about where I was working I mistakenly mentioned my hubby place of work but we don't really known why my hubby was denied for the new orleans jazz festival. But now my hubby status still remain same but mine has changed because am a business woman( fabric store) also me and my hubby have a farm(poultry n fisheries) that we runs together now but we didn't included it on our DS160 our plan is to tell them on the day of our interview. we applied to go on vacation as a family to new York and we have made a reservation for an hotel where we will be staying for 10days. Pls I want to know our chance on that day plus we have not summited our form for now. Pls I need all of you advice. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oye84: 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hi,

I probably made a mistake in the process of scheduling an appointment for myself, wife and kid and I just saw a drop box confirmation letter and my intention was to schedule an interview.

I tried using the same receipt numbers to do the right thing but got error messages about the validity of the receipt numbers.

Kindly advise on what I can do.

Thank You

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.