Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,182 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (821701 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:27am On Aug 05, 2016
lamifree:
I went for nonimmigrant (B1/B2) Visa interview today i want to deliver my baby in US, i presented all necessary proof like hospital appointment/agreement, hotel reservation and other relevant documents but was denied, I don't really know where the problem lies the interview officer only gave me a pink colour paper, please explain the possible reasons to me thanks

You were given a letter explaining why you did not qualify.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:27am On Aug 05, 2016
purplecircle:
Dear VO, what can i do if my email attached to my profile application has issues. And requesting for a reset means a link will be sent to it & i do not have access to it as a result of the issue.

Please contact the call center for technical support.
lamifree:
I went for nonimmigrant (B1/B2) Visa interview today i want to deliver my baby in US, i presented all necessary proof like hospital appointment/agreement, hotel reservation and other relevant documents but was denied, I don't really know where the problem lies the interview officer only gave me a pink colour paper, please explain the possible reasons to me thanks

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28am On Aug 05, 2016
iamdoingthings:
Hello,

In 2013, I was issued a 2 year visa. At the time, I was supposed to attend a training program in the USA funded by my organization (a federal agency) but the the training was cancelled after the visa was issued. I had no travel plans at the time and the visa eventually expired in 2015 (I didn't visit the USA before the expiry).

Fast forward to 2016, I now plan on making a trip to the USA with my wife (we have two kids who won't be traveling with us). My questions are:

- Will the fact that I did not use the previous visa affect my planned application?
- Do we apply as a couple or separately (considering the fact that I may be eligible to use the drop box option)?

1) Probably not, just be prepared to explain.
2) That's really your decision.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28am On Aug 05, 2016
seunade485:
Thank you for this thread.
My husband was banned from getting a Visa for misrepresenting himself, but at the time that he was banned we were both supposed to travel together so we were at the embassy together. I will like to know if his ban could affect me when I apply to go to the U.S. Thank you.

Your application will be reviewed comprehensively.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:30am On Aug 05, 2016
oobidike:
dear VO, pls i wanna apply for a tourist visa from my new location - Australia, wanna go for my sisters wedding in the usa. tried logging into the application page and its still showing Nigeria and selection for interview section in Nigeriaa. how do i change it pls. Am in australia for studies. do i have to come back to nigeria to apply. Thanks

You should visit the website for our embassy/consulates in Australia: https://au.usembassy.gov/visas/
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by frankidoyo(f): 10:32am On Aug 05, 2016
US Visa Issue

Please I need answer to this question,
I am a Nigerian and I am a homemaker living in Nigeria, now our family friend in us is inviting me to visit them in USA. I want to know if it is possible for my brother in law here in Nigeria to sponsor my traveling to us.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by seunade485: 11:48am On Aug 05, 2016
Thank you for this thread.
My husband was banned from getting a Visa for misrepresenting himself, but at the time that he was banned, we were both supposed to travel together so we were at the embassy together. I will like to know if his ban could affect me when a apply to go to the U.S. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ehido(m): 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hello house,

Great job going on here, I and my wife were issued B1/B2 visas 2yrs ago, we stated that it was to give birth to our baby, baby was born everything was paid for in cash and we have the letter of 0 balance. Now we are due for a renewal but it turns out I am not employed (engr in Oil and Gas firm before the global crisis in the industry) at the moment but wife works in a bank. Balance in acct is just over 800k (I have money tied up in businesses at the moment with no trace of it in my acct), wife has a sister living in America. We are planning to visit her soon but the visa is due to expire Aug 25th. How good are our chances of gettin an extension. We dont intend relocating to America we just need to extend the visa so we can travel later in the year or early next year. I will appreciate any credible response. Thank you very much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
frankidoyo:
US Visa Issue

Please I need answer to this question,
I am a Nigerian and I am a homemaker living in Nigeria, now our family friend in us is inviting me to visit them in USA. I want to know if it is possible for my brother in law here in Nigeria to sponsor my traveling to us.

It's up to you and your family to find a way to sponsor your travel, but you must qualify individually first.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
Ehido:
Hello house,

Great job going on here, I and my wife were issued B1/B2 visas 2yrs ago, we stated that it was to give birth to our baby, baby was born everything was paid for in cash and we have the letter of 0 balance. Now we are due for a renewal but it turns out I am not employed (engr in Oil and Gas firm before the global crisis in the industry) at the moment but wife works in a bank. Balance in acct is just over 800k (I have money tied up in businesses at the moment with no trace of it in my acct), wife has a sister living in America. We are planning to visit her soon but the visa is due to expire Aug 25th. How good are our chances of gettin an extension. We dont intend relocating to America we just need to extend the visa so we can travel later in the year or early next year. I will appreciate any credible response. Thank you very much.

You are welcome to apply via dropbox, but you must be transparent about your circumstances on your application.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mikky4all(m): 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2016
How do one renew a b1/b2 us visa using the drop box.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by seunade485: 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
abujaniv:

Your application will be reviewed comprehensively.
Please does that mean I can go ahead and apply?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tbaba2(m): 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
hello house. you guys are really doing a great job, God bless you. my husband n I with 3kids( age 1+2+ and4+) are planning on going on a visit to US in December, my sister is a US citizen she want my family to come visiting. my husband works with federal government( level 13) and we have a bakery ( bread) registered with nafdac which I manage! my husband and I have been to Dubai once, our interview is dis month. pls what is our chances of getting the visa and what are the documents we need to go with.thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by purplecircle: 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2016
Thank you so much VO all sorted.
abujaniv:

Please contact the call center for technical support.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mkmyers45(m): 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
If an applicant's sponsorship situation changes after a booking but prior to the date of interview will that negatively impact the application? Say the applicant was being sponsored by a Government or private agency but due to some issues the applicant decides to sponsor himself or if an applicant who is sponsoring his or herself receives government or private sponsorship after the interview booking.

How does the applicant provide this change in the right manner?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by poshstore: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
Hello VO,pls I'm applying for visit visa to US,i work for a construction company but I'm employed by a recruitment agency.So the agency pays my wage directly to my bank account.Will this be a problem in my application.?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by holysinner01: 7:20am On Aug 07, 2016
Hello Guys,i intend to travel to the US with my aunt and her husband that was recently granted a US visa. They will be sponsoring my trip and am a student in nigeria and school is on vacation. What problem am i likely to face since its not my parent that is sponsoring me.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by NanaF: 10:22am On Aug 07, 2016
Hello,

I know it's illegal to work on a B1/B2 visa but are you allowed to earn money on that visa.

For example, organizing paid workshops or tutorials as a makeup artist, photographer, cook etc.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by omolade21: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hello AbujaNIV. Pls I need help with clarification on these issues of mine. I was supposed to be interviewed on the 7th of July this year at the American embassy in Lagos. On getting there 'twas discovered that I haven't filled my DS-160 form, but I was able to book an appointment with my email as my username instead of the correct name on my Intl.Passport. My issues here is, the mistake of my name has been rectified, I tried rebooking using the same Reciept I used in paying since I was told by the official that I can still use the Reciept in booking a appointment. The Reciept is being rejected. Am I to pay a new fee and fill a new form or what's the way out? Looking forward to your warmly response. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Colouredgirl: 12:42am On Aug 08, 2016
Dear VO
Am a lil bit confused,i intend staying in houston,buy my hubby's friend flaked on us..now i intend staying with my aunt in chicago.
Does it pose a Problem if i my POE is chicago and i end up not goin to Houston,i am goin on childbirth grounds..
Note:the addy i used on my visa app is houston.
Pls i need help on this
Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Colouredgirl: 12:45am On Aug 08, 2016
abujaniv:

Try applying with hubby...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:24am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello Mikky4all,

Here is the linke to our embassy website. Hope this helps:
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_dropbox.html

Regards,

Abuja NIV

mikky4all:
How do one renew a b1/b2 us visa using the drop box.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:25am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello Seunade485,

All applicants are more than welcome to reapply at any time.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

seunade485:

Please does that mean I can go ahead and apply?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:26am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello Mkmyers45,

Not sure what you mean by make a change. If you told the officer your purpose of travel was for one reason and you appear at the border with a completely different purpose of travel, you should be prepared to explain to the officer the reason.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

mkmyers45:
If an applicant's sponsorship situation changes after a booking but prior to the date of interview will that negatively impact the application? Say the applicant was being sponsored by a Government or private agency but due to some issues the applicant decides to sponsor himself or if an applicant who is sponsoring his or herself receives government or private sponsorship after the interview booking.

How does the applicant provide this change in the right manner?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello poshstore,

Just explain all sources of income at the interview.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

poshstore:
Hello VO,pls I'm applying for visit visa to US,i work for a construction company but I'm employed by a recruitment agency.So the agency pays my wage directly to my bank account.Will this be a problem in my application.?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:29am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello Tbaba2,

We are not sure why people keep asking what their chances of getting a visa are. This is not the purpose of this thread. We cannot and will not give chances on getting a visa. We are not in the gambling business.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Tbaba2:
hello house. you guys are really doing a great job, God bless you. my husband n I with 3kids( age 1+2+ and4+) are planning on going on a visit to US in December, my sister is a US citizen she want my family to come visiting. my husband works with federal government( level 13) and we have a bakery ( bread) registered with nafdac which I manage! my husband and I have been to Dubai once, our interview is dis month. pls what is our chances of getting the visa and what are the documents we need to go with.thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:30am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello Holysinner01,

We will not comment on individual cases. State your case to the visa officer at the interview.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

holysinner01:
Hello Guys,i intend to travel to the US with my aunt and her husband that was recently granted a US visa. They will be sponsoring my trip and am a student in nigeria and school is on vacation. What problem am i likely to face since its not my parent that is sponsoring me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.