Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819918 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
Dear sir/ma,
I encountered an error while try to pick an appointment date, I was diverted to a drop box confirmation and was unable to pick an appointment know fully well I do not qualify for the drop box system.i have called the embassy call center and was confidently told by them that i needed to make a new appointment for a family of five,i consider this very unfair and wicked,this is the highest level of extortion. i am very disappointed ,what will it take them to cancel it knowing fully well that it can be used ,but is your country and you can act according to your interest .all well and good.but is so painful
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:25am On Jul 20, 2016
djlameco:
Dear sir/ma,
I encountered an error while try to pick an appointment date, I was diverted to a drop box confirmation and was unable to pick an appointment know fully well I do not qualify for the drop box system.i have called the embassy call center and was confidently told by them that i needed to make a new appointment for a family of five,i consider this very unfair and wicked,this is the highest level of extortion. i am very disappointed ,what will it take them to cancel it knowing fully well that it can be used ,but is your country and you can act according to your interest .all well and good.but is so painful

Sorry about your unfortunate experience with the scheduling website. It sounds like you've already tried customer support, but I'll offer the contact info again +23414406218 and support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
Thousands of people use this site successfully each day to schedule their visa appointments. As for the costs, these fees are the same across the world, except in countries that charge Americans more for visas, in which case, a reciprocity fee is added.
Regards,
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:30am On Jul 20, 2016
kaypeace161:
Hello ,please I will like to know the meaning of these questions:

1. How did you picked the school?
2.How did you know about the school?
3.What search engine did you use to search for the school?

Thanks ,waiting for your response.

These seem pretty straightforward. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of schools in the US, encompassing a wide range of quality and cost. A VO may ask questions to determine how the prospective student settled upon the school to which they are applying.
Regards,
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by couvaninigLtd(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2016
Pls is it a must someone must come with his married certificate and 2ndly does past work experience matter in getting b1 b2 visa? Then tax clearance as director of a company?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2016
Hello couvaninnigltd,

Marriage certificates are not necessary. Your entire background matters, so yes, your work experience matters. I'm not sure what you are asking in the last part of your question.

Regards,
Abuja NIV

couvaninigLtd:
Pls is it a must someone must come with his married certificate and 2ndly does past work experience matter in getting b1 b2 visa? Then tax clearance as director of a company?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by IyawoSeyi: 11:57am On Jul 20, 2016
Dear VO,out of curiosity I decided to check my i94 status.i realized that only the entry information displayed but there was no information regarding the exit.I would like to find out how to get this updated.I actually got in to the US on the 5th of May 2013 and left on the 7th of August 2013 and the automated i94 commenced long before I left ,in addition to finishing out how to update my i94 status ,do you think I should mention this is my Dropbox application and is there any chance of this counting against me in my Dropbox renewal
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2016
IyawoSeyi:
Dear VO,out of curiosity I decided to check my i94 status.i realized that only the entry information displayed but there was no information regarding the exit.I would like to find out how to get this updated.I actually got in to the US on the 5th of May 2013 and left on the 7th of August 2013 and the automated i94 commenced long before I left ,in addition to finishing out how to update my i94 status ,do you think I should mention this is my Dropbox application and is there any chance of this counting against me in my Dropbox renewal

The US Department of Homeland Security manages the i94 database. Information on that can be found here:
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

Put your actual entry and exit dates on your application. If there's any question about your travel or status, you may be called in for an interview to clarify.
Regards,
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by BeckyU: 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
BeckyU:
Dear VO,

I went for my interview this morning and was denied. Please I need your candid advice as to why I was denied. I have been preparing and reading every post from you all and I gained a lot so I really thought I was prepared. My visa class is B2

My transcript:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Asks for my passport, I handed it over. He typed and typed and then, why are you going to US?
Me: To have my baby
VO: Where in US?
Me: Houston
VO: Why Houston?
Me: Because I have friends there and the Doctor I will be using is based in Houston
VO: How much did you budget for the cost of this trip?(Trying to use his exact words)
Me: $13,153.00
VO: What do you do for work?
ME: I work in a Bank, blablabla Bank precisely
VO: Opened my passport over and over and then typed and typed and then brought out the blue paper. ''Unfortunately you are not qualified for US visa, read the blue paper .........He didnt ask for any of my papers just the passport.

Please I need your urgent help and advice. What did I say or do wrong? Thank you so much in anticipation.

Dear VO,
Please could you you be so kind as to answer my post above? I will really appreciate as I intend to reapply since my due date is fast approaching. Thank you once more for your time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2016
BeckyU:

Dear VO,
Please could you you be so kind as to answer my post above? I will really appreciate as I intend to reapply since my due date is fast approaching. Thank you once more for your time.

We can not comment on specific cases or coach you through an interview. Understand that a number of different factors play into an applicant's eligibility for a visa besides what happens in the interview itself. This includes information in the application form and travel history.
Best regards,
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2016
Good day and well done. i recently applied for non visa for my sister. can i accompany her to the interview? she is 13 years old.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by malory84: 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hello @Abujaniv.

I recently got admitted to UT Arlignton. I got my visa last 2 weeks , with that of my son's F2. However, in the light of some recent happenings,I am thinking of defering my admission to either spring 2017 or Fall 2017. Pls what implication will this have on my visa? Will I get a new I 20 when I am ready to go and apply for a fresh visa? Or can I still use the F1 visa. Secondly, what is the possibilities of apply for a B1/B2 visa, while still having the stamped F1 visa even though I defered my admission. This is because my sister is getting married this Christmas in the US and I will like to attend.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by janice321: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hello VO,
I have a family of four applying for Visa I.e father , mother and two children but one of the children is 22 and the other is 7 . can they still apply as family??
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
sweetg:
Good day and well done. i recently applied for non visa for my sister. can i accompany her to the interview? she is 13 years old.

Children typically qualify through their parents. You can accompany her, but the visa officer will almost certainly ask where the parents are, and if they have given consent for the child to travel. If you have legal custody of your sister, you may need court documents to back that up.
Regards,
Abuja NIV

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
malory84:
Hello @Abujaniv.

I recently got admitted to UT Arlignton. I got my visa last 2 weeks , with that of my son's F2. However, in the light of some recent happenings,I am thinking of defering my admission to either spring 2017 or Fall 2017. Pls what implication will this have on my visa? Will I get a new I 20 when I am ready to go and apply for a fresh visa? Or can I still use the F1 visa. Secondly, what is the possibilities of apply for a B1/B2 visa, while still having the stamped F1 visa even though I defered my admission. This is because my sister is getting married this Christmas in the US and I will like to attend.

You must be in the US no later than the Program Start Date on your I-20. So it sounds like you would require a new I-20 if you plan to start at a later date. You can also apply for and hold a B1/B2 visa at the same time as a student visa.
Regards,
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
janice321:
Hello VO,
I have a family of four applying for Visa I.e father , mother and two children but one of the children is 22 and the other is 7 . can they still apply as family??

The whole family can apply and have their interviews together. Children typically qualify through parents, however, adult children will have to establish ties to their home country that will compel them to return.
Regards,
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
[quote author=abujaniv post=47730424]

Children typically qualify through their parents. You can accompany her, but the visa officer will almost certainly ask where the parents are, and if they have given consent for the child to travel. If you have legal custody of your sister, you may need court documents to back that up.
Regards,

Thank you very much. i have a notarized document from her parents to travel with me. @Abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by couvaninigLtd(m): 10:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello couvaninnigltd,

Marriage certificates are not necessary. Your entire background matters, so yes, your work experience matters. I'm not sure what you are asking in the last part of your question.

Regards,
Abuja NIV

Thanks for your response.
What i mean in my question is this do i need to present my tax clearance as a company owner?
Lastly i serve a master do i need to put it on d form that i serve a master instead of my past working place before i get my own company?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Qadeejarh(f): 4:42am On Jul 21, 2016
Hello V/O. Could you please mention a few program sponsors (for a J1 visa) that work in Nigeria.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:30am On Jul 21, 2016
Qadeejarh:
Hello V/O. Could you please mention a few program sponsors (for a J1 visa) that work in Nigeria.

It sounds like you're thinking about this type of visa in the wrong way. J-1s are intended to facilitate mutual cultural, educational and professional exchanges. The starting point is having some piece of knowledge or experience that is valuable to exchange. Typically, candidates for J-1 visas find out about opportunities through their school, work or organization, not an internet message board. Applicants for J-1 visas must still overcome the "presumption of immigrant intent" that prevails over B1/B2s, student and other nonimmigrant visas.
Regards,
Abuja NIV

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nelajayi(m): 10:25am On Jul 21, 2016
Hello Guys,
I had my f1 visa interview yesterday and i got it. I thank you all for the questions answered and your support.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by janice321: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2016
Hello VO,
Please in case I couldn't access the email address I used for ds-160, what can be done??
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
janice321:
Hello VO,
Please in case I couldn't access the email address I used for ds-160, what can be done??

Password recovery via the e-mail provider? That's how most people get back into their e-mail accounts.
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by boja28(m): 4:14am On Jul 22, 2016
Dear VO,

Please a colleague is trying to book an appointment to re-apply for a B1/B2 visa to attend and present his research paper at an int'l conference in the US but the date booking section is rejecting his profile email that the information supplied is similar to another person's email. Though the email your website is referring to is similar to his name, I think that email was used by him at his first application with the embassy but he now uses a new email. Please how can he change the old email to his new email to proceed to booking of his appointment date?

However, we have made use of the Feedback section to contact the embassy but no response now for 1 week.

Kindly advice sir.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jaynuj: 8:59am On Jul 22, 2016
Dear vo,my hubby, kid and I were denied tourist visa in 2014 that we had no strong ties.i have decided to apply alone this year as hubby lost interest.what are my chances? I have a good job and have 2 kids but won't apply for them.also in my application of where I will stay I put Texas and listed my brother address as I felt putting a hotel whereas I have a direct sibling who is a citizen may look suspicious.pls advise me.and does he need to send me letter of invitation?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jaynuj: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2016
Please I also wish to confirm something. Since I wish to travel without my family, but my husband would support me financially though I will pay my fares, etc..do I put self or him as my sponsor.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Qadeejarh(f): 10:15am On Jul 22, 2016
Thanks for the response.
An organization in USA is having me over for a period of 6 months for a an internship program. I need to apply for a J-1 visa. I went through your website already for valuable information. From what I gathered, I would need a DS-2019 form which will be issued by a program sponsor. Is my host organization responsible for getting this form across to me? Or how do I get it?
Thanks.
abujaniv:

It sounds like you're thinking about this type of visa in the wrong way. J-1s are intended to facilitate mutual cultural, educational and professional exchanges. The starting point is having some piece of knowledge or experience that is valuable to exchange. Typically, candidates for J-1 visas find out about opportunities through their school, work or organization, not an internet message board. Applicants for J-1 visas must still overcome the "presumption of immigrant intent" that prevails over B1/B2s, student and other nonimmigrant visas.
Regards,
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2016
boja28:
Dear VO,

Please a colleague is trying to book an appointment to re-apply for a B1/B2 visa to attend and present his research paper at an int'l conference in the US but the date booking section is rejecting his profile email that the information supplied is similar to another person's email. Though the email your website is referring to is similar to his name, I think that email was used by him at his first application with the embassy but he now uses a new email. Please how can he change the old email to his new email to proceed to booking of his appointment date?

However, we have made use of the Feedback section to contact the embassy but no response now for 1 week.

Kindly advice sir.

Thanks.

It seems like the easiest solution is to just use a different e-mail address.
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2016
Qadeejarh:
Thanks for the response.
An organization in USA is having me over for a period of 6 months for a an internship program. I need to apply for a J-1 visa. I went through your website already for valuable information. From what I gathered, I would need a DS-2019 form which will be issued by a program sponsor. Is my host organization responsible for getting this form across to me? Or how do I get it?
Thanks.

http://j1visa.state.gov/participants/how-to-apply/about-ds-2019/
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2016
jaynuj:
Please I also wish to confirm something. Since I wish to travel without my family, but my husband would support me financially though I will pay my fares, etc..do I put self or him as my sponsor.

There is a question on the application that asks who is paying for the trip. Answer the question: who is paying for the trip?
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
jaynuj:
Dear vo,my hubby, kid and I were denied tourist visa in 2014 that we had no strong ties.i have decided to apply alone this year as hubby lost interest.what are my chances? I have a good job and have 2 kids but won't apply for them.also in my application of where I will stay I put Texas and listed my brother address as I felt putting a hotel whereas I have a direct sibling who is a citizen may look suspicious.pls advise me.and does he need to send me letter of invitation?

It's not about "chances", it's about eligibility. You are obligated to list any direct relations on your application form, so you have to list your sibling on the form anyway. Just tell the truth about who you are seeing and where you are staying. We have said many times on this forum and elsewhere: We do not look at invitation letters, do not bother collecting one or bringing it to the interview. It will not be examined.
Regards,
Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by heylie: 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hello VO's

My school is at Boston, but I intend flying to NYC and then take a bus to Boston MA, Hope when I get to NYC POE I Won't have issues Showing up at NYC POE Kindly advice. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.