Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,152 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (822321 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 19, 2015
Dear V.O, tnx for d gud job and ur tym out here. My interview for an f1 visa happend on 17th dec. Everythn went on fine but was stunned wen I was handed over a whyte paper tickin Administrative Processing.Funny enof no document was taken from me I was tld dey ll contact me and it was writte dat I cld contact dem afta 60 days. 17th feb made it 60 days and I am yet to be contacted, the last and only update on ceac website was 17th dec and it has not changed ever since. I nd ur candid advice on the next step to take..Email? Call? Etc

In addition from your response, the interview went well and when I was asked who would be sponsoring I told the v.o I will be sponsoring myself. To my surprise she jst brot out the form tick A.P and tld me I will be contacted. She dint ask for my statement of acct or anythn further, jst gave me my passport and i20 and insisted all is well and dey ll contact me. Dats all.

Thnks a lot.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rattlesnake(m): 8:11am On Feb 19, 2015
I wanna visit US how much do I need in my account
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by imc992929: 6:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
Good day VO,i have been refused US b2 visa on 2nd and 17th respectively for medical purposes. Pls,if i want to reapply in future ,is it advisable or permitted not to apply on medical ground again. Ur candid opinion. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 21, 2015
abujaniv:
Hello Nairalanders,

VO here. We are continuing to see people appear at the Embassy and Consulate for an interview with DS-160 information that differs from their appointment confirmation. This is a friendly reminder that:

• The DS-160 non-immigrant visa application confirmation number used to schedule visa interviews must match the application confirmation page that is brought to the interview. Applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be interviewed and will have to purchase a new fee receipt to book another appointment. This includes families – make sure that the DS-160 information matches the appointment information for every family member, even young children.

• Full instructions on how to make an appointment for a non-immigrant visa interview are available on our website: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov.

• Applicants with existing appointments should contact the CGI Call Center at +234 0144 06218 to make any necessary changes.

We believe this change will make application processing faster and more efficient, and we thank you for your attention.

Compliments of the season,
U.S. Mission to Nigeria

VO - If issues like this happened and he/she has being calling the number and sending messages and getting reply from them demanding for more information and you keep replying them but it has not being rectify please what again can be done.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Emiratekey(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2015
Good morning......... I have a working permit in dubai and I work for 8month later came to Nigeria to apply for conference visa which I was denied 2 times it now 7 month now...... am having another invitation letter from my cousin in America that want me to attend his wife birthday in 20th of June. My questions is can I apply for the visit visa and what do I need to do pls
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by worry359(m): 4:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
Emiratekey
You have posted this same question five times now! angry
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mbeenox: 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
Please how long does it take to get a USA student nonimmigrant visa. From application to collection
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sarabest1: 5:44am On Feb 23, 2015
Hello

Please i need some advice on tourist visa......i'm a married man with 2kids i applied with my family last year September in US embassy for family tourist visa the counselor asked some few questions from me which i answered her correctly and asked my wife some few questions as well but we were denied the visa under section 214(b) which means that i did not meet the requirement of the classification but i dont understand because i answered her correctly please what can i do next because am planing to re apply thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sarabest1: 5:47am On Feb 23, 2015
Hello

Good day V/O Please i need some advice on tourist visa......i'm a married man with 2kids i applied with my family last year September in US embassy for family tourist visa the counselor asked some few questions from me which i answered her correctly and asked my wife some few questions as well but we were denied the visa under section 214(b) which means that i did not meet the requirement of the classification but i dont understand because i answered her correctly please what can i do next because am planing to re apply thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by flodave: 10:15am On Feb 24, 2015
I have applied severally and I have been consistently refused and i suspect that it is due to the fact that I misrepresented by claiming I have an uncle in the US who only happen to be my uncle's friend. I haven't got detailed information about him,which may have been the reason for my refusals. Pls what can I do sad sad sad
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FredIJ: 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2015
I was refused visa to the U.S yesterday, my aim is to travel with my wife for a 16day vacation and she already has a visa. The V.O asked questions like for how long have i been married and i said 8months, he then asked how much i make in a month, i told him 260000, he confirmed i had travelled with my wife before, then he asked what i do and how long i intend to stay in the united states, after which he handed me a letter of ineligibility based on section 214b (which sums that i have not demonstrated that i have the ties that will compel me to return to my home country after my travel to the united states). I truely dont understand, i have a wife who is gainfully employed and i work too, we have both been on international travels before and we returned as is evident in my passport.

Pls V.O, what could have gone wrong, cos i intend to apply again. what do you advice i should possibly do better than i did before
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hello,

I am about to apply for a visa to attend a summit in Las Vegas in June.

The issue is that my passport carries my maiden name, i also use my maiden name in my workplace and all my official documents carry my maiden name. I have been married since April 2010 with a son and i have my marriage certificate to prove it.

The summit is all paid for by my company,tickets and accommodation included and documents are available to substantiate my claims.

I want to know if this could hinder my chances of getting a visa.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by flodave: 4:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
I doubt if this medium really exists, I don't know of anyone who has been replied or responded to since I joined this thread. angry angry angry
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by xij38580: 8:44am On Feb 25, 2015
Hi,

I would like to attend a coding program in the US. The program consists of a one week training and a 6 month - 24 month paid internship. I would like to find out what kind of visa would I be required to apply for.

I tried asking the training company(Eleven Fifty Coding Academy) , but they've only had few international participants and they were mostly from the Uk.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deor03(m): 9:41am On Feb 25, 2015
abujaniv:

Hi , Thanks for the good work

A relative and her husband have a scheduled date for B1/B2 visa interview in few weeks, however something came up , with the husband not going to make the appointment.

Can she appear alone for the interview? and what effect does that have on her application?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ess: 9:43am On Feb 25, 2015
flodave:
I doubt if this medium really exists, I don't know of anyone who has been replied or responded to since I joined this thread. angry angry angry

It seems the officer is busy with other things. It wasnt like this initially and the other sister thread (US immigrant visa) is being answered on time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LUCAS99: 10:55am On Feb 26, 2015
Dear visa officer I just received my passport from my cousin which was recently retrieved from the
US CONSULATE GENERAL LAGOS, NIGERIA. But on opening my passport I saw a “Cancelled without Prejudice” stamp on my previous expired F-1 visa.

a)What does “Cancelled without Prejudice” actually mean
b)Will this cancellation create any problem when applying for future F-1 Visa nonimmigrant Visa application
c)Will this cancellation have any impact when applying for future immigration benefits
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kadr(m): 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hi Visa Officer
Me, my wife and my son applied for US Visa January 2015 but we were refused.
The office asked me what I do, why we were travelling, how long are we staying and where we are going in US, I answered all this question yet we were refused and we have valid UK visa
I have my own registered company with good financial statement, my personal acct (naira and dollar) is also good. But she didn't check any of my documents

I have decided to go back next week with my family

Please what am missing that made them refuse us visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Joexzy(m): 1:31am On Feb 28, 2015
Hello, VO, Please I need guidance. In 2013 while I was working in Nigeria, I applied for a US Non-Immigrant visa using an Agent. After I paid the Visa fees in the bank GTB, I noticed some funny character from the agent when she claimed she had scheduled me for an interview. I requested for a confirmation mail as a proof of appointment but she didn't send any. So I backed off the appointment to avoid ruining my immigration status. (Note. I didn't attend the interview because I felt it was a scam). Lately I have been to Germany (studies), Uk and Ireland. Now my question is whenever I am opportune again in the future to visit the US and I am scheduled for an interview, ''when the VO asked if I have ever applied/or rejected for a US visa, what should be my appropriate answer''?

Please note, the reason why I am confused is that I don't really know if actually the said agent truly booked any appointment for me since she couldn't provide me with a confirmatory email from the embassy and I don't want to go and embarrass myself in the presence of the VO in terms of lying.

In summary, booking an appointment and not attending, does it count as a visa application/rejection? and if appointment was booked but not attended what should be the appropriate answer when asked if you have applied for or have been rejected a US visa before?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MrTumble: 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
@Lucas99.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by TUMIC(m): 10:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
How much is a one way American Ticket from Lagos to L A Nevada now?
Pls i need to know urgently.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by stevemims(m): 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
Joexzy:
Hello, VO, Please I need guidance. In 2014 while I was working in Nigeria, I applied for a US Non-Immigrant visa using an Agent. After I paid the Visa fees in the bank GTB, I noticed some funny character from the agent when she claimed she had scheduled me for an interview. I requested for a confirmation mail as a proof of appointment but she didn't send any. So I backed off the appointment to avoid ruining my immigration status. (Note. I didn't attend the interview because I felt it was a scam). Lately I have been to Germany (studies), Uk and Ireland. Now my question is whenever I am opportune again in the future to visit the US and I am scheduled for an interview, ''when the VO asked if I have ever applied/or rejected for a US visa, what should be my appropriate answer''?

Please note, the reason why I am confused is that I don't really know if actually the said agent truly booked any appointment for me since she couldn't provide me with a confirmatory email from the embassy and I don't want to go and embarrass myself in the presence of the VO in terms of lying.

In summary, booking an appointment and not attending, does it count as a visa application/rejection? and if appointment was booked but not attended what should be the appropriate answer when asked if you have applied for or have been rejected a US visa before?

Thanks.
Pls V.O or anybody with a similar experience should answer this. I also need an insight cus i have a similar case.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by skeges: 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hello, can you leave to the US earlier than the date stated on the non immigrant form becuase you find flight ticket cheaper than the date prior to the date stated on the form.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Royals1: 12:00am On Mar 03, 2015
plsss vo i want to know if d confirmation number on my confirmation page is wat is refered to as barcode number
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jimbod19: 4:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
He needs advice- a friend is going 4 interview at US Emb for engineering conference. What should be his dress code pls?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ebbyneza(m): 6:44am On Mar 04, 2015
Dear VO:

Thanks for putting up a thread like this. Read through people's experiences and went for B1/B2 visa interview with my wife, child and parents yesterday. This is our first time. The experience was awesome - the parking lot, ridiculous business centers, the long queue in the scorching sun and the verification exercise. At the end, we got the visa! The officer was friendly and asked us basics questions: family relationships, profession and purpose of travelling.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by caprock(m): 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hello VO, my wife just got a B1/B2 visa and we told the VO that she was two months pregnant but we were not decided yet on whether to have the baby in USA. Now we have made up our mind to have baby in USA, do we still have to notify the embassy. What is your advice.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.