Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818414 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by stacey05: 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
Gdday VO, I made a non immigrant visa application in lagos Nigeria at 9:30am on the 7th of april 2015 for my partner and daughter.

The application was denied because the case worker informed my partner that i was married even though she took documents with her which shows that i have divorced my wife and have a new life with my partner and daughter but the case worker didnt check the documents.
I am writing this that i have since divorced my ex wife and i hope this wont affect my partner and daughter if they decide to apply for a visa in the nearest future.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 02, 2015
prihnce:
dear VO, My visa status on caec site changed to issued(my visa has been printed) on -09/30/2015.. but my passport update as at this moment still says- there is no status update
available for the passport
number submitted. please I will like to know what is going on? I am also wondering why it isn't showing "passport still with embassy or consulate" though my passport was collected by the VO when it was approved... we booked a flight already for this weekend. thanks in anticipation.. BTW, it is an immigrant visa nd we had d interview in Lagos

There have been some unexpected delays with immigrant visas lately (we are completing the interviews faster than the center in the U.S. expects!) and we haven't been able to print every case immediately as a result. If it is just a few days behind schedule we won't contact you.

Between that and the holidays every is just moving a little bit slower. Hopefully you will get a better update by the end of the day and the visa will be at the DHL on Monday. You should contact the Embassy or Consulate directly by e-mail though for specific info on your case.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 02, 2015
liliana:
Hello VO,

My sister is trying to apply for a US visa for our mother
(she is based there). She tried to book an appointment for her and was given a date in October which is too early for her as she needs time to gather documents. She was then told to call a number to change the date. By this time she had already paid the visa fee. My mum called the number 3 times and was told that to book another date she needed to make another payment. How do we get a refund for the first payment made please?

Well... they don't do refunds. Contacting that phone number is the only way I know of to change your dates (another company handles the appointment system). But your sister had to have selected that date originally - we don't pick dates for you - and there really aren't any documents that you would need for the interview anyways.

If this is just for a B1/B2 visiting visa then your mom should just come to the October interview date with her DS-160 confirmation sheet, passport and two photos.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 02, 2015
loxxy:
Good Morning VO,

Please for someone going for a 3 Days Business Management at Harvard Business School, what category of visa should he/she apply for. M1 or B1 visa?

Thank you

B1/B2 - This has already been answered in the student forum.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 02, 2015
stacey05:
Gdday VO, I made a non immigrant visa application in lagos Nigeria at 9:30am on the 7th of april 2015 for my partner and daughter.

The application was denied because the case worker informed my partner that i was married even though she took documents with her which shows that i have divorced my wife and have a new life with my partner and daughter but the case worker didnt check the documents.
I am writing this that i have since divorced my ex wife and i hope this wont affect my partner and daughter if they decide to apply for a visa in the nearest future.

Every case is unique and I don't advise applicants on the likelihood that they will be issued a visa. Based on the information you have presented here, your partner and daughter are eligible to re-apply for U.S. visas.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by prihnce: 11:32am On Oct 02, 2015
LagosNIV:

There have been some unexpected delays with immigrant visas lately (we are completing the interviews faster than the center in the U.S. expects!) and we haven't been able to print every case immediately as a result. If it is just a few days behind schedule we won't contact you.

Between that and the holidays every is just moving a little bit slower. Hopefully you will get a better update by the end of the day and the visa will be at the DHL on Monday. You should contact the Embassy or Consulate directly by e-mail though for specific info on your case.
thank you!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by omesanni: 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
@LagosNIV Good Afternoon,

I plan on travelling to the U.S December 18, 2015 and comeback to Nigeria Jan 1, 2016. My passport expires Jun 27, 2016. I want to find out if I could use this passport to apply for a B1/B2 visa?

Thanks for your anticipated assistance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by azeezya2007: 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
Good day sir,

My B2 visa was cancelled at the port of entry while a 6 month visa was granted to my son that I was travelling with, the following are the questions and answers.

Q,C= where are you travelling to?

A, = I'm travelling to USA Georgia

Q,C= on what purpose?

A,= on medical

Q,C=have paid for any medical?

A,= know insurance will pay

Q,C= how long do you plan to stay in USA?

A= one month

Q,C=How much are you travelling with

A, = $3000

Q,C= let me see the money counting okay take back your money?

Q,C= whom are you travelling with?

A,= my son his here with me and his the one that medical attention

Q,C= go and wait for your luggage to be brought back to you shaking his head.

After a while the custom officer called and said come and wait here and see how your luggage is searched, and the following was included in the luggage,

1.one bible
2. 4 church vest
3. Marriage certificate
4. Other certificate
5, marriage pictures
6.other pictures
7.News paper
8. Daily devotional booklet
9. Some clothes and shoes
10. Hospital paper.

Q,C= Are going to USA to promote church?

A,= know

Q,C= why then are you carrying multiple church vest?

A,= those church vest has been prayed open so that as we put them it will protect me from evil spirit and even right here am putting on one on my body

Q,C= let me see it okay wow

Q,C= Why are you with all your certificate?

A,= a friend advice me to that at the USA port of entry they may asked for any of those

Q,C=who is that your friend?

A,= John is his name

C, I am going to cancel your visa and you will need to reapply again if you still want go to the USA

Please I need your help and advise and if you need the copies of the paper issued to me by the custom officer I can send them.

Thanks

Hello ayeezya2007,

It is not entirely clear from your post what the nature of your concern is. Your brother should bring with him all of the documentation regarding the planned medical treatment in the US, and any grant information available or demonstrations of financial means.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team[/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
Is it mandatory to have a return ticket on B1/B2 visiting visa? Can one but just a single ticket? is it a requirement to buy a return ticket?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by farastrongman: 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
LagosNIV,

You have not replied me at all since while others are getting response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adebeck: 11:42am On Oct 03, 2015
Dear VO
Thanks for d great job u are doing here,God will continue to strengthen u.pls I need clarification on this issue.a colleague of mine once applied twice for a B1/B2 visa to go attend a graduation ceremony but was denied.now his wife just gave birth in d US and he wants to go see them.can he still apply for a B1/B2 visa to go visit them.pls note that he has a good job n not ready to leave it as such hasn't made up his mind for d wife to file for him.your reply will surely be of great help.thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Yjc07: 6:33am On Oct 04, 2015
LagosNIV:

Yes, you should contact them directly to learn more about your particular case.

Hello VO,
Sorry I haven't been able to come online as I was running a race against time.My visa was finally printed on Tuesday 29th Sept and I was able to pick it up from DHL by 4.40pm same day just while they were closing.I traveled all through that night to Delta State as I had to quickly prepare for my flight on Friday 2nd October. I'm glad to post this message from my reading desk in North Hollywood Los Angeles. My sincere thanks to u and everyone on this forum who has been of immense help to me.May God bless and preserve you all.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Femora002: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2015
Yjc07:

Hello VO,
Sorry I haven't been able to come online as I was running a race against time.My visa was finally printed on Tuesday 29th Sept and I was able to pick it up from DHL by 4.40pm same day just while they were closing.I traveled all through that night to Delta State as I had to quickly prepare for my flight on Friday 2nd October. I'm glad to post this message from my reading desk in North Hollywood Los Angeles. My sincere thanks to u and everyone on this forum who has been of immense help to me.May God bless and preserve you all.

Please bro. What form of ID card did you use in picking up your passport. Government issued ID or your place of work ID. Congratulations on your successful trip. I await your response.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by WESTERNCR: 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
Hello VO

My cousins cantv access his appointment online as he cannot remember his e-mail password. He has opened a fresh email account and had tried to creat a new profile but he can't because the system kept referring him to the previous profile. Please how can he transfer his profile to the new email? Note his appointment is Monday 5th Oct 2015. Its urgent pls

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by officialdot: 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
Hi All,
sorry am kind of new here but not really new with nairaland. i will like to ask some questions form the VO.
I filled in my application in JULY in abuja because as at that time i was handling some projects in lokoja, presently am done with the contract and am back in southwest. my visa was denied and i wish to reapply this coming month. Here are my questions.
1. am i due to reapply? is 3month not too small to reapply
2.if i choose Lagos this time i hope they won’t pick offence? Or think i changed location cos i was denied?
3. Can you pls help me with what could be the reason for my denial?
Below is my chat with the VO.
vo. hi
i: good afternoon
vo: your passport
i: i handed it over to her
vo: where are u going
i: i told her
vo: purpose
Vo; what did you do
i told her i am a civil engineer
vo: what did your father company produce
vo: what is the different between civil and mechanical engineering
i: i told her civil make use of concrete and other minerals to construct(deals with structures) while mechinal makes uses of tools to repair and construct(deals with automations)
vo: do you have your letter of invitation for the seminar
i: i answered yes
vo: can i see it
i handed it over to her
she read and nodded nooooo, i sense its cos the invitation was just a gmail mail, stating my application for the seminar has been accepted, stating the course fee and the date.
After going through this letter, she handed over my passport, my mail and a letter for my denial. can you pls figure out my mistakes and how to correct it next time. That was my first experience and planned trip.
I need the program to develop my career cos soon my Dad will retire and he will want me to handle the business. i work as a quality assurance manager in my dad concrete/construction company. And also the sponsor of the trip. am married with a son,ny salary is 250k
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 05, 2015
omesanni:
@LagosNIV Good Afternoon,

I plan on travelling to the U.S December 18, 2015 and comeback to Nigeria Jan 1, 2016. My passport expires Jun 27, 2016. I want to find out if I could use this passport to apply for a B1/B2 visa?

Thanks for your anticipated assistance.

You can - we just require at least 6 months of validity.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 05, 2015
farastrongman:
LagosNIV,

You have not replied me at all since while others are getting response.

I have answered you - I said that we don't advise you on how to apply or give you the odds of your success.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 05, 2015
slimmy05:
Is it mandatory to have a return ticket on B1/B2 visiting visa? Can one but just a single ticket? is it a requirement to buy a return ticket?

It's not necessary, but you might have some questions to answer at POE, especially since tickets tend to be cheaper when purchased round trip.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 05, 2015
adebeck:
Dear VO
Thanks for d great job u are doing here,God will continue to strengthen u.pls I need clarification on this issue.a colleague of mine once applied twice for a B1/B2 visa to go attend a graduation ceremony but was denied.now his wife just gave birth in d US and he wants to go see them.can he still apply for a B1/B2 visa to go visit them.pls note that he has a good job n not ready to leave it as such hasn't made up his mind for d wife to file for him.your reply will surely be of great help.thanks

Unless he is ineligible - because he committed a crime or something of the sort - your friend is eligible to re-apply at any time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by funkyjo: 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
Dear VO,

I applied for a B2 visa for vacation purpose. I had my interview today however I was denied. I honestly do not know why because i have traveled to other countries, i have a job, am married. The only thing i can guess might have caused it was when i was asked for my salary. I earn 100k basic salary but i have a share from my company's profit every quarter. When asked how much i earn, i told the VO that i earn 100k but that i get certain percentage on the company's profit quarterly. i was then asked how much that would be altogether per month, i said 220k. After deliberation with another VO (they were two in the cubicle), i was denied. I intend re-applying soon as i intend to spend my vacation in the US. My question is, do i put 220k when applying next as my salary (since everything together is abt 220k per month) or would this be seen as inconsistency because i put 100k the first time? I suspect this might have been the reason for denial. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by loxxy: 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
In 2007 my wife was denied a US visa, though not legally married to her then, but with a kid. She submitted a false application without my knowledge through an agent.

We officially got married in 2009 and we are planning a family vacation this Christmas with our kids.

Will her record affect the whole family, or each application will be treated on its own merits?

As there been a case, where one or two members of the family are approved and some denied?

Thank You.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 06, 2015
Good evening,
How is a misrepresentation on a B-1 handled once the applicant applies for and discloses the misrepresentation on a K-1 visa? I have read somewhere (a 2011 brownbag with the ombudsman) that the CO can issue a waiver for a nonimmigrant visa and it is good for 5 years. This may be antiquated information though. Since a K-1 is technically a non-immigrant visa, is the waiver a full blown 601 waiver or the same as a non-immigrant waiver?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by johnwick1: 4:42am On Oct 06, 2015
Dear VO,
A friend of mine got denied yesterday, this was what happened;
Him : morning
C: Morning, ur passport, where are u going to
Him: replied accordingly
C: without checking the passport the consular said, u v been denied UK visa before.
him: no, though he has been denied b4, but he wonders how the consular got to know without checking the passport
now my question is does US and UK share information now?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Benjamite01: 7:44am On Oct 06, 2015
Goodmrning NairaLanders, I will Need your Advise, A friend of ours in USA invited me and my Friend for a Visit. and i had my Interview Last Month and i was Denied a Visa,But my Friend got his Visa yesterday. I was Denied on the 22nd of September. Please when is the Best time i can login another Application. Because i believe all the document sent to me from my USA friend are still intact,Her Account Statemete, Social Security Card, Passport Data Page. and her Utility Bill.I have been to south Africa before for a Week. While my Friend which got his Visa has Travel to France 3times and still have a Year Valid visa on his Passport. HOUSE PLEASE ADVISE ON THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE. THANKS FOR REPLY IN ANTICIPATION.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
funkyjo:
Dear VO,

I applied for a B2 visa for vacation purpose. I had my interview today however I was denied. I honestly do not know why because i have traveled to other countries, i have a job, am married. The only thing i can guess might have caused it was when i was asked for my salary. I earn 100k basic salary but i have a share from my company's profit every quarter. When asked how much i earn, i told the VO that i earn 100k but that i get certain percentage on the company's profit quarterly. i was then asked how much that would be altogether per month, i said 220k. After deliberation with another VO (they were two in the cubicle), i was denied. I intend re-applying soon as i intend to spend my vacation in the US. My question is, do i put 220k when applying next as my salary (since everything together is abt 220k per month) or would this be seen as inconsistency because i put 100k the first time? I suspect this might have been the reason for denial. Thank you.

You should provide the number that best reflects your monthly salary. If the VO has any questions about this they will always ask.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
loxxy:
In 2007 my wife was denied a US visa, though not legally married to her then, but with a kid. She submitted a false application without my knowledge through an agent.

We officially got married in 2009 and we are planning a family vacation this Christmas with our kids.

Will her record affect the whole family, or each application will be treated on its own merits?

As there been a case, where one or two members of the family are approved and some denied?

Thank You.

Of course it can affect you all - this is why we tell folks not to submit false applications through agents. It can affect everyone in your family.

But yes, there are cases where some members of a family are approved while others are not.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
tomyka81:
Good evening,
How is a misrepresentation on a B-1 handled once the applicant applies for and discloses the misrepresentation on a K-1 visa? I have read somewhere (a 2011 brownbag with the ombudsman) that the CO can issue a waiver for a nonimmigrant visa and it is good for 5 years. This may be antiquated information though. Since a K-1 is technically a non-immigrant visa, is the waiver a full blown 601 waiver or the same as a non-immigrant waiver?

Misrepresentation (6C1) is waivable for immigrant visas under qualifying relationships. It is not waivable for non-immigrant visas.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
johnwick1:
Dear VO,
A friend of mine got denied yesterday, this was what happened;
Him : morning
C: Morning, ur passport, where are u going to
Him: replied accordingly
C: without checking the passport the consular said, u v been denied UK visa before.
him: no, though he has been denied b4, but he wonders how the consular got to know without checking the passport
now my question is does US and UK share information now?

Yes, we share information with many countries.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nextedge: 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hi Lagos NIV, I have a case that requires urgent attention. I'm doing this on behalf of a friend. He chose 9th October for interview date for visit visa and not until yesterday did he get to know ,while checking his mail box, that the interview date had been moved backward to 2nd October. This got us confused as I never heard of this before and my friend didn't envisage this. I have heard of cases where interview had been moved forward in the past. I have even read it here but backward shift is alien to me. Please I need to know what can be done as it is now. Can there be any intervention from the embassy? This is for a family of five. I will appreciate if I can be furnished with possible solutions to this
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MarieEyre: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hello VO, My K1 visa status has been under administrative processing for 3 weeks now. Had my interview on 17th September and was approved. I want to know if there is a specific reason for the delay. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by onyebuchiii(m): 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
hello pls I need help urgently....a friend of mine wants to travel to the US to base permanently.
the problem is he dont hv any clue on how to go abt it pls he need info on the requirements like
1 for someone with only waec result which visa package will be most suitable and cost
2 infact he needs a run down of all he needs for the travel to be a success.
pls help a brother in need.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.