Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,691 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820871 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shyha: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2015
Good day,
Please I would like to know if using a Virgin passport(passport without any prior visa) has a negative chance of getting a visiting visa in the USA.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
shyha:
Good day,
Please I would like to know if using a Virgin passport(passport without any prior visa) has a negative chance of getting a visiting visa in the USA.

Thanks

Hello shyha,

Your passport should reflect any legitimate international travel you have done. Visa Officers understand a trip to the United States may be an applicant's first opportunity to travel internationally. Visa Officers would not encourage you to travel merely for the purpose of burnishing your passport.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hopybarbar: 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good day, Everyone in house
Please, kindly advise me because i also wanna share my success story.
I have scheduled my appointment for the B1/B2 visa interview in Lagos, i have edited my application form that i will be traveling with my spouse(an european), she does not need a visa to visit yankee. So, my cousin in yankee wrote the invitation on our names(me and my spouse) and we also plan to visit Nigeria together soon before going for the interview, but the thing is if she doesn't get a Nigerian visa, i will still need be in Nigeria because my interview has already being scheduled
Please should incase she doesn't get a Nigerian visa: what are the documents i need get from her to take to the American embassy in Lagos, Nigeria for my interview?
Awaiting Responses please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by azeezya2007: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
LagosNIV:

Yes, we share information with many countries.

Good day sir,

My B2 visa was cancelled at the port of entry while a 6 month visa was granted to my son that I was travelling with, the following are the questions and answers.

Q,CBp= where are you travelling to?

A, = I'm travelling to USA Georgia

Q,CBp= on what purpose?

A,= on medical

Q,CBp=have paid for any medical?

A,= know insurance will pay

Q,CBp= how long do you plan to stay in USA?

A= one month

Q,CBp=How much are you travelling with

A, = $3000

Q,CBp= let me see the money counting okay take back your money?

Q,CBp= whom are you travelling with?

A,= my son his here with me and his the one that medical attention

Q,CBp= go and wait for your luggage to be brought back to you shaking his head.

After a while the custom officer called and said come and wait here and see how your luggage is searched, and the following was included in the luggage,

1.one bible
2. 4 church vest
3. Marriage certificate
4. Other certificate
5, marriage pictures
6.other pictures
7.News paper
8. Daily devotional booklet
9. Some clothes and shoes
10. Hospital paper.

Q,CBp= Are going to USA to promote church?

A,= know

Q,CBp= why then are you carrying multiple church vest?

A,= those church vest has been prayed open so that as we put them it will protect me from evil spirit and even right here am putting on one on my body

Q,CBp= let me see it okay wow

Q,CBp= Why are you with all your certificate?

A,= a friend advice me to that at the USA port of entry they may asked for any of those

Q,CBP=who is that your friend?

A,= John is his name

CBP, I am going to cancel your visa and you will need to go and reapply again if you still want come to the USA

Please I need your help and advise now on what to do next.

Thanks

Regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kejjie: 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
Gud evenin VO,please I will like to know if it's possible for my brother or brother-in law to sponsor me for childbirth in the U.S? Won't the VO frown at it during the interview? Your candid response please,thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 10, 2015
How should a previous misrepresentation be declared on the ds160 and at the interview? It seems that the burden is on the applicant to address whether or not the misrepresentation is/was material. How does an applicant go about doing this either on the ds160 or at the interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kamotisha: 6:29am On Oct 10, 2015
Hello VO,
I applied for a visa with my family a few weeks ago and we were refused. My husband was the principal applicant in the previous application and it was treated as a family application. Now I intend to apply alone but I am experiencing issues when I log in to book a date because his details appear as the principal applicant and cannot be edited which makes it look like there are 2 applicants.
Can u kindly put me through please.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by onyebuchiii(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2015
hello pls I need help urgently....a friend of mine wants to travel to the US to base permanently. the problem is he dont hv any clue on how to go abt it pls he need info on the requirements like 1 for someone with only waec result which visa package will be most suitable and cost 2 infact he needs a run down of all he needs for the travel to be a success. pls help a brother in need. thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by john2care: 7:46pm On Oct 10, 2015
My family and I have a valid Visa to visit USA but when we applied we filled Houston, Texas on the DS 160 form as destination which we noted that we will be in texas around July, 2015. We couldnt go for the vacation because my boss at work dont give me vacation pass.
Now i have a Vacation pass for November,my family and I want to visit Oklahoma City for vacation and sightseeing, what should i do to change my destination from Houston,Tx to Oklahoma to avoid misunderstanding at the Point of Entry?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Keyla11: 10:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hello officer!
First of all thanks for this...it's really nice to have a person like you to ask questions to!
Second, I know I asked something similar already, but the time of my k1 interview is getting closer and i am starting to feel nervous..so if you don't mind answering, i would love to hear the answer again!
Here is my story:
Oct 2013 I meet my bf in New Zealand (I am italian, he is American)
From then we meet 1 month in Australia, 3 weeks in Thailand, 3 weeks in Italy
Dec 2014 I fly to the USA for 2.5 months to visit him, at the entrance I state that I am visiting my bf. All good, i get in.
May 2015 I apply for a F1 visa (I enrolled in a community college there -was the only one I could afford- for a 2years Associate Degree), on July 1st I had my interview and was denied for lack of ties with my country. The thing is that during the interview I was questioned who was "Austin xx" (my bf) and I said "a friend" because I was superworried that since I didn't have a job here in italy or any other strong proof of ties, the fact that I had a bf in the USA would have been a reason more to be denied in case they assumed we had intention to get married. And then I was asked "just a friend" and (sadly) i said "yes". We did not have any intention to get married back then, INFACT all we wanted to do was to spend some time together, as a normal, young couple, being with each other...just normal!
So, since I couldn't go there, he flew to italy for 1 month, in August 2015 and we decided to get married.
On Sept 8th we filed our k1 petition and now we're at the NOA2 phase.

My thing is, it's pretty clear that we were together during the F1 interview (looking at our proves, conversations and stuff, we've got 2 years of pictures and flights, and skype calls and fb convos), and during the k1 interview I would like to honestly say that when I said we were just friends, it was just because I was nervous and scared that they would have assumed that we were engaged if I would have sayd "boyfriend".
Would that be considered frode? Would I be banned? Is anything you can racommand? I just want to be with my boyfriend...its becoming really hard to handle to be apart...
he is also coming to visit my for a month during this coming Xmas as well (if this could make any difference).

Thank you so much for any help/answer you can give me!!!
Have a great day
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kingpowerunited: 8:23am On Oct 12, 2015
Hello Officer,

I applied to attend a conference in California last year but was denied. Looking back now I think I did not demonstrate enough ties to the country. My question however is, in my last application I did not list all my previous employment. I am applying soon for a Bible course and I intend to state all previous employment, will this be consistent with my previous application?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DipoDee: 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
LagosNIV:

There have been some unexpected delays with immigrant visas lately (we are completing the interviews faster than the center in the U.S. expects!) and we haven't been able to print every case immediately as a result. If it is just a few days behind schedule we won't contact you.

Between that and the holidays every is just moving a little bit slower. Hopefully you will get a better update by the end of the day and the visa will be at the DHL on Monday. You should contact the Embassy or Consulate directly by e-mail though for specific info on your case.

Hello Sir, pls is there a grace period given for Visa pick up? What happens if I'm not available to pick up my Visa and Passport after getting a mail from LagosNIV?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 13, 2015
nextedge:
Hi Lagos NIV, I have a case that requires urgent attention. I'm doing this on behalf of a friend. He chose 9th October for interview date for visit visa and not until yesterday did he get to know ,while checking his mail box, that the interview date had been moved backward to 2nd October. This got us confused as I never heard of this before and my friend didn't envisage this. I have heard of cases where interview had been moved forward in the past. I have even read it here but backward shift is alien to me. Please I need to know what can be done as it is now. Can there be any intervention from the embassy? This is for a family of five. I will appreciate if I can be furnished with possible solutions to this

The VOs don't handle scheduling - you will need to contact the support desk that is listed on the website where you set up your appointment.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 13, 2015
onyebuchiii:
hello pls I need help urgently....a friend of mine wants to travel to the US to base permanently.
the problem is he dont hv any clue on how to go abt it pls he need info on the requirements like
1 for someone with only waec result which visa package will be most suitable and cost
2 infact he needs a run down of all he needs for the travel to be a success.
pls help a brother in need.

Do some research into immigrant visas - that sounds like what you are looking for. Your friend will need someone to petition for them.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 13, 2015
azeezya2007:

Good day sir,

My B2 visa was cancelled at the port of entry while a 6 month visa was granted to my son that I was travelling with, the following are the questions and answers.

Q,CBp= where are you travelling to?

A, = I'm travelling to USA Georgia

Q,CBp= on what purpose?

A,= on medical

Q,CBp=have paid for any medical?

A,= know insurance will pay

Q,CBp= how long do you plan to stay in USA?

A= one month

Q,CBp=How much are you travelling with

A, = $3000

Q,CBp= let me see the money counting okay take back your money?

Q,CBp= whom are you travelling with?

A,= my son his here with me and his the one that medical attention

Q,CBp= go and wait for your luggage to be brought back to you shaking his head.

After a while the custom officer called and said come and wait here and see how your luggage is searched, and the following was included in the luggage,

1.one bible
2. 4 church vest
3. Marriage certificate
4. Other certificate
5, marriage pictures
6.other pictures
7.News paper
8. Daily devotional booklet
9. Some clothes and shoes
10. Hospital paper.

Q,CBp= Are going to USA to promote church?

A,= know

Q,CBp= why then are you carrying multiple church vest?

A,= those church vest has been prayed open so that as we put them it will protect me from evil spirit and even right here am putting on one on my body

Q,CBp= let me see it okay wow

Q,CBp= Why are you with all your certificate?

A,= a friend advice me to that at the USA port of entry they may asked for any of those

Q,CBP=who is that your friend?

A,= John is his name

CBP, I am going to cancel your visa and you will need to go and reapply again if you still want come to the USA

Please I need your help and advise now on what to do next.

Thanks

Regards,

Well, it sounds like you can re-apply for a visa. Otherwise I don't have enough information about the case.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 13, 2015
tomyka81:
How should a previous misrepresentation be declared on the ds160 and at the interview? It seems that the burden is on the applicant to address whether or not the misrepresentation is/was material. How does an applicant go about doing this either on the ds160 or at the interview?

Answer the questions fully. We maintain records from all your previous applications. Concealing misrepresentation can lead to much harsher consequences if it is discovered.

Also, the determination as to whether or not the misrepresentation was 'material' is determine by U.S. law, not the applicant.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 13, 2015
kamotisha:
Hello VO,
I applied for a visa with my family a few weeks ago and we were refused. My husband was the principal applicant in the previous application and it was treated as a family application. Now I intend to apply alone but I am experiencing issues when I log in to book a date because his details appear as the principal applicant and cannot be edited which makes it look like there are 2 applicants.
Can u kindly put me through please.

For technical support you need to contact the email address on the website.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 13, 2015
john2care:
My family and I have a valid Visa to visit USA but when we applied we filled Houston, Texas on the DS 160 form as destination which we noted that we will be in texas around July, 2015. We couldnt go for the vacation because my boss at work dont give me vacation pass.
Now i have a Vacation pass for November,my family and I want to visit Oklahoma City for vacation and sightseeing, what should i do to change my destination from Houston,Tx to Oklahoma to avoid misunderstanding at the Point of Entry?

At this point there is no way to change it. Be prepared to explain what happened if you are stopped and asked at POE.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 13, 2015
Keyla11:
Hello officer!
First of all thanks for this...it's really nice to have a person like you to ask questions to!
Second, I know I asked something similar already, but the time of my k1 interview is getting closer and i am starting to feel nervous..so if you don't mind answering, i would love to hear the answer again!
Here is my story:
Oct 2013 I meet my bf in New Zealand (I am italian, he is American)
From then we meet 1 month in Australia, 3 weeks in Thailand, 3 weeks in Italy
Dec 2014 I fly to the USA for 2.5 months to visit him, at the entrance I state that I am visiting my bf. All good, i get in.
May 2015 I apply for a F1 visa (I enrolled in a community college there -was the only one I could afford- for a 2years Associate Degree), on July 1st I had my interview and was denied for lack of ties with my country. The thing is that during the interview I was questioned who was "Austin xx" (my bf) and I said "a friend" because I was superworried that since I didn't have a job here in italy or any other strong proof of ties, the fact that I had a bf in the USA would have been a reason more to be denied in case they assumed we had intention to get married. And then I was asked "just a friend" and (sadly) i said "yes". We did not have any intention to get married back then, INFACT all we wanted to do was to spend some time together, as a normal, young couple, being with each other...just normal!
So, since I couldn't go there, he flew to italy for 1 month, in August 2015 and we decided to get married.
On Sept 8th we filed our k1 petition and now we're at the NOA2 phase.

My thing is, it's pretty clear that we were together during the F1 interview (looking at our proves, conversations and stuff, we've got 2 years of pictures and flights, and skype calls and fb convos), and during the k1 interview I would like to honestly say that when I said we were just friends, it was just because I was nervous and scared that they would have assumed that we were engaged if I would have sayd "boyfriend".
Would that be considered frode? Would I be banned? Is anything you can racommand? I just want to be with my boyfriend...its becoming really hard to handle to be apart...
he is also coming to visit my for a month during this coming Xmas as well (if this could make any difference).

Thank you so much for any help/answer you can give me!!!
Have a great day

You should expect to be questioned about this fairly thoroughly, but it will not necessarily lead to you getting banned. The problem you have now is that you have to overcome the lies that were previously stated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 13, 2015
kingpowerunited:
Hello Officer,

I applied to attend a conference in California last year but was denied. Looking back now I think I did not demonstrate enough ties to the country. My question however is, in my last application I did not list all my previous employment. I am applying soon for a Bible course and I intend to state all previous employment, will this be consistent with my previous application?

We don't advise you on how to fill out your applications, as we have stated previously.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
kingpowerunited:
Hello Officer,

Honesty is always the best option. Simply list your current and past employment as requested. Be prepared for questions about this and be honest as to your reasons for omiting it. Do not be surprised if a consular officer asks about this. Consular officers undertand that mistakes and omissions can and do get into the forms you submit, so admitting you made a mistake will allow the officer to apply the facts of your situation to you application with the perspective that your are being honest and candid about the facts at hand. Failing to disclose any requested information or becoming evasive will have the opposite effect.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kejjie: 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
Gud day VO,please a quick one,is it possible for one's brother or brother-in law to sponsor me for childbirth? Will the consular officer frown at it? Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 14, 2015
LagosNIV:

Answer the questions fully. We maintain records from all your previous applications. Concealing misrepresentation can lead to much harsher consequences if it is discovered.

Also, the determination as to whether or not the misrepresentation was 'material' is determine by U.S. law, not the applicant.

Thank you. The misrepresentation was recanted at a subsequent visa interview, before being discovered although not in the same interview in which the misrepresentation occurred. This misrep would have been very difficult to discover actually. The misrep was in June and the recant was 13 months later on a DS-160 and also at the interview. If course those visas were denied. :-( Does the misrep and recant and details thereof need to be listed in great detail on the new application? Also can the applicant email the consular to determine admissibility prior to doing another visa application?

Also, is the determination of materiality handled at the interview by the CO after the applicant has been found eligible or afterwards with more paperwork on behalf of the applicant?

Thank you and I would like to say that the people at Lagos are so patient and considerate. I know I have bothered them to a pulp but they have maintained nothing but patience with me and my questions and issues. Even though I know that I probably struck some nerves, they are super. I am sorry about all the emails and whatnot. I don't handle bad news too well.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bimbolamelo: 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hello nairalanders,I was denied an American student visa last December..I'm now in India studying and I would like to visit the United States but I don't know the type of visa to apply for and where to apply....can I apply from India or I have to go back to Nigeria? Should I apply for a visit visa or student(I have a valid I-20) thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jalibrarian: 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bestnews: 3:07am On Oct 15, 2015
My wife is in the us to deliver our baby, I applied to visit and witness the birthing of our baby,
at the interview I was given a yellow form, with no further documents to furnish.
she has delivered our baby two weeks ago, my application is still under administrative processing how soon can it be completed?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bimbolamelo: 6:51am On Oct 15, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
Hello nairalanders,I was denied an American student visa last December..I'm now in India studying and I would like to visit the United States but I don't know the type of visa to apply for and where to apply....can I apply from India or I have to go back to Nigeria? Should I apply for a visit visa or student(I have a valid I-20) thanks
someone should pls answer my question
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dkby(m): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2015
@LagosNIV and AbujaNIV Good morning,

I plan on travelling to the U.S April 9, 2016 and comeback to Nigeria April 29, 2016. My passport expires July 30, 2016. I want to find out if I could use this passport to apply for a B1/B2 visa? If no, can I renew my passport before it expires?

Thanks for your anticipated assistance
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by usmanspihn(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2015
Hi abujaniv and lagosniv
I am just coming from the American embassy in Abuja now with my mum and my sister.
We applied together to visit an uncle in Minnesota but my mums and sisters visa was approved but mine was rejected.
Am 21 in my final year. Although no question was directed to me personally. The interviewing officer asked if we've travelled as a family before and we answered yes coz we've been to UK earlier this year as a family.
The interviewing officer just said I have good news and bad news I have approved the visa for the two ladies but would have to reject mine coz I haven't met requirements and honestly all my forms were true and factual. Nb: I am a frequent traveler. Travelled to about 6 countries this year alone but never tried USA. She didn't even open my passport Now the trial was rejected.

Basically I want to ask
1. Can I reapply immediately because we are looking to travel by December. In the form I was given, I was told I can't appeal but I can reapply.
2. Any idea why I was singled out out of a family of 3
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2015
bestnews:
My wife is in the us to deliver our baby, I applied to visit and witness the birthing of our baby,
at the interview I was given a yellow form, with no further documents to furnish.
she has delivered our baby two weeks ago, my application is still under administrative processing how soon can it be completed?

We cannot comment on induvidual cases so we cannot directly answer your question. However if you were given a yellow form to return to the embassy without specific instructions, then the Embassy or Consulate will contact you when the processing is complete or if additional steps are required by you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
someone should pls answer my question
In general you should be able to apply at a US Embassy or Consulate in India. Please be aware that some Embassies and consulates have application policies that are unique to their post and we would recommend you pose the same question to the consular office in the Embassy or consulate nearest to your residence.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
dkby:
@LagosNIV and AbujaNIV Good morning,

I plan on travelling to the U.S April 9, 2016 and comeback to Nigeria April 29, 2016. My passport expires July 30, 2016. I want to find out if I could use this passport to apply for a B1/B2 visa? If no, can I renew my passport before it expires?

Thanks for your anticipated assistance

Yes you can use your current passport. Questions concerning your passport renewal should be directed to the appropriate issuing agency of the Nigerian government.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.