Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820145 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 19, 2015
Greetings everyone, if you are just now joining this thread then I highly recommend you read through the questions that have been previously asked. You should also visit the U.S. Embassy website (http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/). Both of these will be invaluable sources of information.

I will also remind you that I will not comment on your "chances" at getting a visa. If you think you are qualified, apply and the determination will be made at the interview.

I will also not comment on your specific case and tell you why you were refused - I don't know all of the facts of what transpired there and it is not U.S. government policy to give you a detailed answer and coach you through your next visa interview.

If I see anymore questions about "What documents do I need to bring?" or "What are my chances?" I am going to simply ignore them as this has been addressed numerous times in the past.

8 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by moyems(m): 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2015
Dear VO,

I scheduled an appointment for myself, wife and kid for December 1st but I am yet to fill the DS 160 form. Pls kindly advice if I have done the right thing by scheduling an appointment before filling the form. I am a bit confused here, I just want to make sure we are on the right track.

Thanks a lot
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
moyems:
Dear VO,

I scheduled an appointment for myself, wife and kid for December 1st but I am yet to fill the DS 160 form. Pls kindly advice if I have done the right thing by scheduling an appointment before filling the form. I am a bit confused here, I just want to make sure we are on the right track.

Thanks a lot

If the system allowed you to select a date before filling out your DS-160, I don't see what the problem is. You should e-mail the helpdesk listed on the appointment site for technical questions.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bhadmorse: 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
@LAGOSNIV
Good day, Please I was Denied B1/B2 VISA last March, I applied as a single And With A virgin Passport, but I want TO re apply next year though I'M now married. I want to re apply with my Wife, please What are The necessary documents I need to Bring to the interview , plus do I need hotel and flight bookings.And i hope there are high chances of approval if i go with my wife. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mogzy(m): 5:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
Dear Consular,

I have browsed through the http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_faq2012.html looking for information on documents required for NIV application for my Father and Mother InLaws but didn't find much. I actually want to know if they need to have a marriage certificate to apply since they only did a traditional wedding back in the days with no official document except their children birth certificates. Do they have to go to the marriage registry at this time. They are only planning for a visit possibly early next year.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 22, 2015
mogzy:
Dear Consular,

I have browsed through the http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_faq2012.html looking for information on documents required for NIV application for my Father and Mother InLaws but didn't find much. I actually want to know if they need to have a marriage certificate to apply since they only did a traditional wedding back in the days with no official document except their children birth certificates. Do they have to go to the marriage registry at this time. They are only planning for a visit possibly early next year.

What visa class are they applying for? If it is a B1/B2 tourist visa then the documentation is very clear and has been addressed many times in this thread.

1. DS-160 confirmation sheet
2. Passport
3. Receipt of payment

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:06am On Oct 22, 2015
Exciting news, Nairaland! As of October 21, 2015, citizens of other countries who have Nigerian residency are eligible for the Drop Box Renewal of their B1/B2 visas. In order to qualify, the applicant must meet the following criteria:

• The applicant principally resides in Nigeria;
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in an issuance;
• The applicant was issued a full-validity B1/B2 United States visa;
• The visa expired no more than two years prior to reissuance;
• The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
• The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

When you visit the DHL location to submit your application, you must have your CERPAC card with you in addition to your passport, Drop Box confirmation page, DS-160 confirmation page, and a new passport photo taken within the last six months.

Nigerian citizens may use the Drop Box Visa Renewal Program for their B1/B2, F, L, or H visas.

To qualify for the DHL Drop Box Visa Renewal Program, visa applicants must be applying to renew either a B1/B2, an F, an L, or an H visa. They must satisfy all of the following criteria for their visa class. If applying as a group or family, all members must fulfill each criteria to use the program.

For a B1/B2 visa holder:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder;
• The applicant principally resides in Nigeria;
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in an issuance;
• The applicant was issued a two-year B1/B2 United States visa;
• The visa expired no more than two years prior to reissuance;
• The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
• The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

For an F visa holder:
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an F visa;
• The visa expired no more than one year prior to reissuance;
• The applicant is attending the same school the original visa was issued for;
• The applicant’s endorsed I-20 is submitted with the application;
• A current transcript is included with the application;

For an L visa holder:
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an L visa;
• The same petition is provided that was used in the previous visa application;
• Receipts showing payment of all necessary fees are provided;

For an H visa holder:
• The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an H visa;
• The same petition is provided that was used in the previous visa application;
• Receipts showing payment of all necessary fees are provided;
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 8:06am On Oct 23, 2015
@All

Please only abujaniv and LagosNIV are allowed to respond to questions here and nobody else.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AdJohson: 10:57am On Oct 23, 2015
Hello, pls we are getting married in November, we want to spend our honeymoon in Carlifonia by December with my aunty and want to be interviewed together. which online form do we fill for non immigrant Visa (visiting visa).
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 23, 2015
AdJohson:
Hello, pls we are getting married in November, we want to spend our honeymoon in Carlifonia by December with my aunty and want to be interviewed together. which online form do we fill for non immigrant Visa (visiting visa).
Thank you

You are applying for a B1/B2 Tourist visa if you are just visiting.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AdJohson: 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
Thank you very much for the reply.
Pls, since we want to be interviewed together, 1.Are we going to fill one online form Or seperate online forms?
2. Are each person paying visa fee or just one visa fee for both of us.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by danowena: 10:37am On Oct 24, 2015
Please does the NIGERIA PASSPORT have a passport book number? If so, is this different from the passport number on the top right corner of the Nigerian international passport? I was filling the form D160 but got stuck at this point. A response would be highly appreciated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Toddyfun: 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hello, I had a NIV interview recently in Lagos with my family.after the consular officer asked us questions about the purpose of our visit,where we will be staying,our employment status etc. He asked if we've ever traveled out of Nigeria before, which we mentioned UAE and Kenya. He then Looked at the passports and said the Kenyan visa looked fake to him. I tried as much as possible to convince him that they were real.that they were issued at the point of entry at Kenyatta Airport ,Nairobi.he then typed and said he's sorry that the visa can't be issued at this time.
It is quite unfortunate that some people may have given reasons to mistrust us but it is EMBARRASSING and INSULTING to some of us who have integrity and who would not stoop so low as to present fake visas in order to get US visas.
Please I will like to know how I can get our records set straight because I don't know what he may have typed as being the reason for our denial.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fatanu: 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dear Lagos NIV,
I have a serious concern, someone applied on behalf for a B1/B2 to New York but i was denied. The person assumed i am married and filled married for me. Now i want to apply to canada for student visa, i learnt US-Canada share information, i will however state that i was once denied US visa. I will like to state my real marital status as Single. I hope this is not a form of discrepancy. I am really worried for this error. Do they share info such as marital status of applicant.

thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by vickero: 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hello abujaNIV .Please I 'd like for you to shed some light on my particular case.

I was at the embassy in abuja with my wife and son.After the interview we were given the yellow form and said we have to go through administrative process:the VO went on to tell me they have not decided on issuing us visa's.They took all three passports tho.

The actual story was that we were issued B1B2 visa's back in 2010.We could not make the trip to the USA and the visa expired together with the passports.Fast forward to 2015,we tried get the visa's renewed last week and before we left d house my wife forgot the old expired passport and visa's at home.However,we got to the embassy and I quickly printed out copies of the Visa's from my email box: cos I have the visa pages in my email box.

When it was time for our interview.She looked at her computer and asked if we had been to the US before. We said no.But I went on to explain to her that we had been issued the Visa before and I passed the copies I printed out from my email to her.I explained we did not use it cos my mother got ill and I needed to be arrd to attend to her.I also told her I got very busy with work and my wife changed jobs and while still considering my Son because of his school,so the time was not there to make the trip.She then asked if we have travelled together as a family. I said yes,to SA but on old passport.In between all these she stepped out like twice and when she finally came back she asked what I do and I told her,what my wife does and she told her and where we are going this time. I told her. And she asked for what. I told her vacation.

She finally asked how far home was and I told her 30 to 40 mins,maybe she was asking so that we could go home and get the passports. She said we shld go and have a seat that another VO will come and interview us,that we will get this sorted out today.

The other VO came in like 5hrs later and asked my name ,I told him.He also asked if we have travelled out before,I said No.I went on again to explain in details why we did not make the first trip on the old visa.That my mom got sick ,bla bla and my work and wifes job.

Long Story short the Second VO gave me a yellow paper and told me that we will have to go through administrative process.I asked him what that meant and he said they have not decided if they are going to issue us visa's yet.He took my phone numbers,took our passports and asked me to check on tuesday the following week.

I am really troubled because I don't know what the issue is. what have we done wrong?Please AbujaNIV I would like u to shed some light on this situation.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by thelfid: 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hello vo,
I was denied b1/b2 visa on August 2015, do I need to wait for 90 days? I ll love to travel Dec. 2015. Can I reapply before the 90days
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bhadmorse: 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
Good day v. O please what's the difference between single and multiple entry visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
AdJohson:
Thank you very much for the reply.
Pls, since we want to be interviewed together, 1.Are we going to fill one online form Or seperate online forms?
2. Are each person paying visa fee or just one visa fee for both of us.
Thank you

Hello AdJohson,

1. Yes, each individual must have his or her own online form.
2. Yes, each individual must pay the visa fee.

Regards,

Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
nigeriainfo:
seperate international passport and saperate Visa fees.

Hello Nigeriainfo,

While we appreciate your enthusiasm, it is best to let the NIV teams in Lagos and Abuja answer the questions.

Regards,

Abuja NIV Team.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by goinggreat: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
Hi, NIV. I applied for a K1 non-immigrant visa.i am scheduled for an interview next week.in the process of filling the forms, i made 2 mistakes-1.one of my spouse' names is incorrect. 2.i answered NO, rather than Yes when asked if i had applied for a visa before. I tried today to see if i could edit the information ,but didn't know what to do. please can you advice as to what i can do to remedy this situation?thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.