Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,575 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) - Health (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) (102528 Views)

Reps Committee Calls For Overhauling Of NHIS, NAFDAC / National Health Insurance Scheme And State Own Hospitals. / National Health Insurance Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
blosmed1:
Please upmanager, what is the current cost of enrolling? Individual. Thanks
It is currently #45,000naira which covers 1, 2 or 3 people i.e one person can add one or two people for the sum of #45000.
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 8:36am On Jun 28, 2021
Update as at today.

1. NIN is no more compulsory for GIFSHIP registration
2. More HMOs are on board so you can ask for the HMO of your preference when you want to register

Other information remains the same

1 Like

Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by figur: 11:57am On Jul 17, 2021
Good morning, my SIL is pregnant and has less than 2 months to go, she just heard about NHIS for pregnant women, how can she go about the registration.
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2021
figur:
Good morning, my SIL is pregnant and has less than 2 months to go, she just heard about NHIS for pregnant women, how can she go about the registration.

Hello ma, to register for NHIS potential enrollee will go to any NHIS office closest to him/her.

2 Likes

Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by DjBigMoni(m): 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2021
The hospital i selected under my NHIS said they didn't renew their license with NHIS.
Advice i should apply for change of hospital. How do i go about it.
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
DjBigMoni:
The hospital i selected under my NHIS said they didn't renew their license with NHIS.
Advice i should apply for change of hospital. How do i go about it.
Go to the NHIS office closest to you with your NHIS number and the name of the new hospital you want to choose
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by franebo: 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
Pls is fibroid surgery covered under NHIS
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Gboliwe: 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2021
franebo:
Pls is fibroid surgery covered under NHIS
Yes
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by franebo: 6:07am On Oct 18, 2021
Gboliwe:

Yes

Thank you, seriously suffering from it and think of going for surgery, don't know if there are other processes involved
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Onaswu(f): 2:30am On Oct 29, 2021
Please I am under NHIS #15000 , it has expired and I have not renew it due to lack of fund. Please will it still be active, if I renew it with #15000 next year
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by luuvlly: 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2022
Good afternoon. Pls does GIFSHIP covers cesarean section? Thanks
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 12:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
luuvlly:
Good afternoon. Pls does GIFSHIP covers cesarean section? Thanks

Yes but registration has to be done earliest.
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
Onaswu:
Please I am under NHIS #15000 , it has expired and I have not renew it due to lack of fund. Please will it still be active, if I renew it with #15000 next year

The program you will do now is GIFSHIP (individual) which is #45000, will cover you with the same benefits and you can add 1 or 2 people
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
franebo:

Thank you, seriously suffering from it and think of going for surgery, don't know if there are other processes involved

Please visit the NHIS office nearest to you for registration with passport photograph of interested person's, you should also no the full names, date of birth, HCP of choice, state and local govt of origin and residence
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by luuvlly: 2:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
upmanagers:

Yes but registration has to be done earliest.
Thanks
I registered in August last year and my Edd is late Feb 2022. Is that early enough for them to cover it? Sorry for my many questions
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Onaswu(f): 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
upmanagers:

The program you will do now is GIFSHIP (individual) which is #45000, will cover you with the same benefits and you can add 1 or 2 people

Ok � thanks so much sir
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by DjBigMoni(m): 8:49am On Jan 19, 2022
Good morning upmanager, I added a dependant earlier this month and am yet to receive remita code for the payment. Would want to ask, those it start counting after the remita payment has been made or it has started already since have done the registration.
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2022
DjBigMoni:
Good morning upmanager, I added a dependant earlier this month and am yet to receive remita code for the payment. Would want to ask, those it start counting after the remita payment has been made or it has started already since have done the registration.

Hope you have gotten the remitta now, if not you need to go back to the NHIS office with the information and passport photo you took earlier to confirm the remitta code so you can make payment. Only payment validates your registration
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2022
Onaswu:

Ok � thanks so much sir

You are welcome
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2022
luuvlly:

Thanks
I registered in August last year and my Edd is late Feb 2022. Is that early enough for them to cover it? Sorry for my many questions

Surgery can only be done 6month after your name is out in the register. But other medical needs will be met before then
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Righthussle: 9:27pm On Feb 05, 2022
Gboliwe:

Yes

Does NHIS cover meals when on admission ?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Gboliwe: 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
Righthussle:

Does NHIS cover meals when on admission ?

No
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Hiploko(m): 9:50am On Feb 15, 2022
Good work you are doing here.

Please how does a company with about 40 staff register them for NHIS?

What are the processes?

Likely cost and how long the registration process will last?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 6:16pm On Feb 16, 2022
Hiploko:
Good work you are doing here.

Please how does a company with about 40 staff register them for NHIS?

What are the processes?

Likely cost and how long the registration process will last?

Once your company has made the decision to register it's staff understand NHIS, each staff data will be collected along with their passport photograph and the healthcare Facility they will prefer to use. Registration will be done in NHIS office and an RRR code give which the company has to make payment for at any bank.

Registration is annually, for a staff of 40 premium while be 40×15000.

WhatsApp me for more info
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Hiploko(m): 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2022
upmanagers:

Once your company has made the decision to register it's staff understand NHIS, each staff data will be collected along with their passport photograph and the healthcare Facility they will prefer to use. Registration will be done in NHIS office and an RRR code give which the company has to make payment for at any bank.

Registration is annually, for a staff of 40 premium while be 40×15000.

WhatsApp me for more info
Thanks for the response. I cant find a number to reach you on. What is the process involved in the NHIS registration and what is the difference between it and HMO ?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 10:16am On Feb 18, 2022
Hiploko:
Thanks for the response. I cant find a number to reach you on. What is the process involved in the NHIS registration and what is the difference between it and HMO ?

For NHIS registration, all staff passport photograph and information i.e names, date of birth, HCP they have chosen etc to NHIS office, registration will be done, code will be give to you for payment in any bank, which is what seals the registration.

HMOs (Health Maintenance Organization) are private companies that operate for profit.
NHIS is a Federal Government regulatory body for HMO and also have different cover programmes for Health Insurance for different persons and groups in every state in Nigeria
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 10:17am On Feb 18, 2022
Hiploko:

For NHIS registration, all staff passport photograph and information i.e names, date of birth, HCP they have chosen etc to NHIS office, registration will be done, code will be give to you for payment in any bank, which is what seals the registration.

HMOs (Health Maintenance Organization) are private companies that operate for profit.
NHIS is a Federal Government regulatory body for HMO and also have different cover programmes for Health Insurance for different persons and groups in every state in Nigeria.
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Bambamshaloom: 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
Pls I want to know more about the registration for corpers into Nhis. What and what is needed and what is the procedure pls.
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 6:06pm On Feb 26, 2022
Bambamshaloom:
Pls I want to know more about the registration for corpers into Nhis. What and what is needed and what is the procedure pls.

Continue to check up on this page and you will get the information as soon as possible. Also keep in touch with the Local Government were you are serving
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 10:13am On Mar 28, 2022
Bambamshaloom:

If you registered as a corper your name should be out so visit the NHIS office closest to you for confirmation.
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by jumyte29(f): 7:07am On Apr 11, 2022
Hi....pls I need help on this issue, I registered with NHIS for maternity and the issue is I used my surname instead of hubby's surname which I registered with at the hospital and the NHIS is out now bearing my own surname...pls how do I go about, so it can be useful for me at the hospital
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 3:28pm On Apr 11, 2022
jumyte29:
Hi....pls I need help on this issue, I registered with NHIS for maternity and the issue is I used my surname instead of hubby's surname which I registered with at the hospital and the NHIS is out now bearing my own surname...pls how do I go about, so it can be useful for me at the hospital

First of all I need to no which of the NHIS programmes you registered for.
If it's through federal government job(formal sector) then you do a Change of name first in your office, bring the confirmation of change of name from your office along with newspaper change of name and marriage certificate, then you write letter which all will be attached in any of our office closest to you.

If you registered as an individual which is an annual program (GIFSHIP), then you can correct your name in the hospital to fit what you have in NHIS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Female Chorister Discovered To Be A Man After Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) / How A Baby Is Formed In The Womb In Pictures / 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.