Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple (138280 Views)

Snap And Upload Your Dogs Here [season 3 2016 Edition] / Snap and upload your pet here [season 1] / Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by henry007(m): 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
adewasco2k:

will i send the chip back?

na waoh grin grin

sent cert back not chip....my dog is listed on the database already just that the mother's name is not correct.

what else you want to know
I said proof /not chip undecided
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
henry007: I said proof /not chip undecided
I hope you guys need to stop and contribute something useful to the community at large. What would you gain from these argument ?

10 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by coolsegun2002: 1:24am On Jul 13, 2014
Dats dexter...he's only 8 weeks old..but packs the trouble of a adult alsatian...damn this lhasa can destroy..shoes,plastic plate the rubber on remote control just name it...I just laff nd wonder how he does it with his tiny dentition....his canines are just about 2millimeters....lol

15 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by coolsegun2002: 1:41am On Jul 13, 2014
patrickrose:
noted but I saw the parents I will ask again from the place I bought her.. but am sure
Sorry bro...with those pointed ears and long mouth...one of her parent is likely an alsatian....its quite unfortunate most puppies tend to look alike at the first few weeks.except for some unique breeds like chow chow,samoyeds,lhasa etc..nd these wicked dog breeders use this as an advantage to sell mix breed....i remember seeing a post before the hacking into Nairaland website....two dogs bought supposedly as st.bernard...turned out to be a confirmed BINGO...So annoying..the guy posted the pics he was so hurt.....its one of the main reasons I decided not to get a caucasian anymore...cos of difficulty in identifying it at puppy stage of about 4-5 weeks old
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by coolsegun2002: 1:45am On Jul 13, 2014
Mckandre: that's not a Caucasian pup,it's either a GSD mix or a malinois, see the pics below a Caucasian don't have pointed ears like yours have, even without cropping. The full ears are like that of fox hounds or beagle(fold) not pointed. ni my advice to you is that you've been duped,you should go back to the breeder and ask for a full pedigree info or a refund while it's still early ....
the first pics is a 3month old ,the second is a full grown with the folded ears
Bro....how do I get a caucasian this pure...dis puppy us just perfect..
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by henry007(m): 2:47am On Jul 13, 2014
coolsegun2002: Dats dexter...he's only 8 weeks old..but packs the trouble of a adult alsatian...damn this lhasa can destroy..shoes,plastic plate the rubber on remote control just name it...I just laff nd wonder how he does it with his tiny dentition....his canines are just about 2millimeters....lol
does he bark a lot?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by coolsegun2002: 4:41am On Jul 13, 2014
He barks when calling for attention or wen some1 knocks d gate.....or he see's something exciting him on tv

3 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Jcob(m): 9:44am On Jul 13, 2014
@adewasco please where and how much did you get your gsd?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
coolsegun2002:
Bro....how do I get a caucasian this pure...dis puppy us just perfect..
call this guy,i don't know if he's still around,its has been since 2012 Rits kennels.
08027892704,08172889717,ritskennels@yahoo.com. goodluck
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Sometimes ago i had 1 good gsd and its very hard to see a good working line bloodline this days, they are messed and i love high energy dog .
I tell you Bro but the one I have here is so restless whenever she starts to play to the extent of using her teeth which I don't like. most times she tugs on my trouser to play. her energy is too much,she's actually my first GSD. abeg how I go take control this treats?

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
adewasco2k:

he is in India.

why do you think it will be hard?

I have contacted an airline and the conditions aint too bad just the cost.....if i can see someone who will take care of him while i am away then i might consider leaving him behind.

the airline said:

i must present vaccination proof,
his documments
and get an AITA approved cage
then pay 15USD per KG (dog + cage)
Atimes most airline won't budge until your pet has undergone some certain screenings and quarantine before being approved for the flight. these processes are expensive and could overwhelm the owner. with such amount being laid just for one animal can be enough to get you double of the breed at home
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by adewasco2k(m): 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mckandre: Atimes most airline won't budge until your pet has undergone some certain screenings and quarantine before being approved for the flight. these processes are expensive and could overwhelm the owner. with such amount being laid just for one animal can be enough to get you double of the breed at home

that is true...if that is the case i will leave him back and get a puppy when coming because i promised my mum a GSD.

traveling with a puppy is less expensive as you dont pay a penny for his flight just get a cage and use him as part of your hand luggage
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mckandre: I tell you Bro but the one I have here is so restless whenever she starts to play to the extent of using her teeth which I don't like. most times she tugs on my trouser to play. her energy is too much,she's actually my first GSD. abeg how I go take control this treats?

Get her exercise a lot and play tug with her, redirect and stimulate her brain in order to burn her energy and you will have a perfect dog. Did you teach her some basic obedience?

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 6:56am On Jul 14, 2014
adewasco2k:

that is true...if that is the case i will leave him back and get a puppy when coming because i promised my mum a GSD.

traveling with a puppy is less expensive as you dont pay a penny for his flight just get a cage and use him as part of your hand luggage
would you like to part with brado just like that ? my advice to you is to make enquiries about procedures involved since you said he's in India, who knows the tarrif might favor your pockets. just try it and see how it goes from here. goodluck ni
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 7:12am On Jul 14, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Get her exercise a lot and play tug with her, redirect and stimulate her brain in order to burn her energy and you will have a perfect dog. Did you teach her some basic obedience?
yea, I do play tugs with her and she enjoys it to the extent of going to bin and fetching a water proof to play tug. as for the basics, I managed to teach her sit, no, stop it, come. and m yet to teach her "wait,stay". and again whenever I extend my hand for her to shake it, she starts her biting games all over again.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by adewasco2k(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2014
Mckandre: yea, I do play tugs with her and she enjoys it to the extent of going to bin and fetching a water proof to play tug. as for the basics, I managed to teach her sit, no, stop it, come. and m yet to teach her "wait,stay". and again whenever I extend my hand for her to shake it, she starts her biting games all over again.

this is just brado i was able to teach him stop, no, site, come, enter (to enter his cage) take but stay, wait....no way....i dont play tug with him...will try that also when i try to teach him shake...he is only interested in biting my hand.

he also love to bit legs....my friends are tired already when they visit he will be biting their legs and also jumping on them.

I got discouraged training him because when i try he is only interested in playing and will not take it serious.....i will still try and just maybe if he gets older he will be ready to learn.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by coolsegun2002: 8:30am On Jul 14, 2014
Mckandre: yea, I do play tugs with her and she enjoys it to the extent of going to bin and fetching a water proof to play tug. as for the basics, I managed to teach her sit, no, stop it, come. and m yet to teach her "wait,stay". and again whenever I extend my hand for her to shake it, she starts her biting games all over again.

My lhasa is d same...he'll first use style to lick ur toe....next thing...he'll start biting...though not to hurt me....just playing
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by adewasco2k(m): 8:34am On Jul 14, 2014
Mckandre: would you like to part with brado just like that ? my advice to you is to make enquiries about procedures involved since you said he's in India, who knows the tarrif might favor your pockets. just try it and see how it goes from here. goodluck ni

No way!!! will just be away for a month...i might keep him with a trainer for that period since i cant trust any friend taking good care of him.

I remember a friend who like to play with him gave him chocolate, also a friend bought lollipop and gave him a whole sad i had to let most of my friends know man foods that are poisonous to dogs.

If i come with him then i will keep him with my mum...she will take even better care of him since she grew up with dogs and thats the only reason i started loving dogs, because i grew up having a dog which she bought for me smiley

2 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 10:38am On Jul 14, 2014
adewasco2k:

this is just brado i was able to teach him stop, no, site, come, enter (to enter his cage) take but stay, wait....no way....i dont play tug with him...will try that also when i try to teach him shake...he is only interested in biting my hand.

he also love to bit legs....my friends are tired already when they visit he will be biting their legs and also jumping on them.

I got discouraged training him because when i try he is only interested in playing and will not take it serious.....i will still try and just maybe if he gets older he will be ready to learn.
exactly, mine always like biting legs,if you're in Jeans she will play tug with the fabric. the worst is when your legs are exposed, her bites are usually prickie and a bit painful. for her jumping;let say if you squat and call her, she will run and dive on you making you to lose balance and fall over,when I do this m usually prepared for her strike. lol
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Mckandre(m): 10:47am On Jul 14, 2014
coolsegun2002:

My lhasa is d same...he'll first use style to lick ur toe....next thing...he'll start biting...though not to hurt me....just playing
yea exactly,but I usually don't like the toe biting thing Cos whenever she does that, it always tickles making it possible for me to kick her in response.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Akunyun(m): 11:48am On Jul 14, 2014
Exactly! Thought that I was the only one passing thru dis with Naevia... the only basic commands she knows is INSIDE, STOP IT... anything outside that is a NO NO for now... she plays to d extent that I get pissed off and lock her up Atimes, always wanting to playfully bite my hand too whenever I try to shake her even my shorts are not excluded from the biting. A friend told me that from 6 months she will limit some of these and that training will be easier.... I hope so sha
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by arcbay(m): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
I wonder why most breeders and pet lovers are so keen on lying about a dog's age. Been keeping tabs on this thread for a while now, decided to keep mute but I can't hold it anymore.
I've been breeding dogs since I was 10years of age, that GSD is about 9months old, it's either you're lying to boost your ego or probably the breeder sold a lie to you...Even most heavy breeds like rotties don't grow that huge at 4months old. Bros abeg go re-package the lie...May u should expose the dog's teeth and snap, that's where I will prove you wrong, cos there's a difference between the set of teeth of a 4month and 9month canine

adewasco2k:
grin dont mind the dude...what has that got to do with my dog....do i know what the dog is being fed?

I am just waiting to get my Dog's KCI cert and upload for him to see.....just maybe then he will shut up (surely he will not tho)

The breeder spelled wrongly the mother's (dam) name on the form so it was rejected, he just sent a corrected copy back now, hope to get his cert soon then i will still wait to hear what he will say.

I might not know as much has he do about dogs but this is my dog, i know when i got him also i didnt buy him from a road side breeder, i did my research and findings, i got him from a reputable kennel after visiting couple of others.

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by adewasco2k(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
arcbay: I wonder why most breeders and pet lovers are so keen on lying about a dog's age. Been keeping tabs on this thread for a while now, decided to keep mute but I can't hold it anymore.
I've been breeding dogs since I was 10years of age, that GSD is about 9months old, it's either you're lying to boost your ego or probably the breeder sold a lie to you...Even most heavy breeds like rotties don't grow that huge at 4months old. Bros abeg go re-package the lie...May u should expose the dog's teeth and snap, that's where I will prove you wrong, cos there's a difference between the set of teeth of a 4month and 9month canine

and yet another one!

boost which ego? did i tell you i am a breeder? which ego is there to boost?

9 months old? hahah you are a joker...if at all the breeder lied i know the dog i bought was not more than 2 months that is if he lied....which will still make the dog 6+ months.

You want to see the teeth? here you have it

also if you want to speak with the breeder pls PM me i will send you his number. you can use tricks to find out...tell him a black guy got a GSD from him on 1st of April bla bla and ask when they gave birth to them.

i really should not reply any of such again but it pains me to see you guys in doubt and i just can make you guys understand angry

3 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by adewasco2k(m): 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
arcbay: I wonder why most breeders and pet lovers are so keen on lying about a dog's age. Been keeping tabs on this thread for a while now, decided to keep mute but I can't hold it anymore.

i will like you to tell me how old you feel he was when i got him judging from the picture of him below which was taken just a day or 2 after i got him

if he is upto or more than 2 months before i got him then i am sorry the breeder lied to me......then he should be 7 months old now...i got him April 1st.

As much as i dont think the breeder had any reason to lie (i may not know his motive though) also i will like to know why any dog owner will want to lie about his dog's age? as in i am really confuse here....if he is 10 months or 5months of what difference will it make to me...please i really will like to know.

thanks

3 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by clemiko: 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
100% PURE ROTTOILLER PUPPY FOR SALE,ABT 9WEEKS OLD.MALE.INTERESTED BUYER SHOULD CALL.07033357041,08157505252

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by arcbay(m): 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
adewasco2k:

i will like you to tell me how old you feel he was when i got him judging from the picture of him below which was taken just a day or 2 after i got him

if he is upto or more than 2 months before i got him then i am sorry the breeder lied to me......then he should be 7 months old now...i got him April 1st.

As much as i dont think the breeder had any reason to lie (i may not know his motive though) also i will like to know why any dog owner will want to lie about his dog's age? as in i am really confuse here....if he is 10 months or 5months of what difference will it make to me...please i really will like to know.

thanks

There's never a limit to learning. I like the fact that you admitted you ain't sure if the breeder lied or not as you don't see any reason why he should lie to you. Well, it works well for you....I'll take my time to take you through this...Generally, a dog's worth (the peak of the market value I mean) depreciates with age. This means that the market value of a canine is at it's peak at the puppy stage, although some clients might demand for older ages of dogs at sometime. An average pet lover would prefer to get a dog at the puppy stage, because of their tenderness amongst other attributes. This prompted most quack and roadside breeders to adjust their puppy/dog's ages to suit any prevailing circumstance. For example, a breeder who has poorly fed and unhealthy pups might reduce the ages of the pups to match that of what they look like, just to compensate for their stunted growth. This has become a major trend in the Nigerian Canine market and should be frowned upon.
What you should have done in your case is to have asked to see the pup's dam(the mom I mean). If truly the pup was 4 weeks when you picked up as claimed by the breeder, then he should still be a suckling at that time, Moreover u can easily tell the age of a pup by mere scrutiny of the dam. Your dog isn't 4months old. He already has a perfect dentition. Permanent teeth are complete and functional by the end of the 7th month. No doubt, your pet is good, he's got strong bloodline sef...but the age is what i'm disputing...#NO OFFENSE INTENDED, JUST SAYING#

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by adewasco2k(m): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
arcbay:

There's never a limit to learning. I like the fact that you admitted you ain't sure if the breeder lied or not as you don't see any reason why he should lie to you. Well, it works well for you....I'll take my time to take you through this...Generally, a dog's worth (the peak of the market value I mean) depreciates with age. This means that the market value of a canine is at it's peak at the puppy stage, although some clients might demand for older ages of dogs at sometime. An average pet lover would prefer to get a dog at the puppy stage, because of their tenderness amongst other attributes. This prompted most quack and roadside breeders to adjust their puppy/dog's ages to suit any prevailing circumstance. For example, a breeder who has poorly fed and unhealthy pups might reduce the ages of the pups to match that of what they look like, just to compensate for their stunted growth. This has become a major trend in the Nigerian Canine market and should be frowned upon.
What you should have done in your case is to have asked to see the pup's dam(the mom I mean). If truly the pup was 4 weeks when you picked up as claimed by the breeder, then he should still be a suckling at that time, Moreover u can easily tell the age of a pup by mere scrutiny of the dam. Your dog isn't 4months old. He already has a perfect dentition. Permanent teeth are complete and functional by the end of the 7th month. No doubt, your pet is good, he's got strong bloodline sef...but the age is what i'm disputing...#NO OFFENSE INTENDED, JUST SAYING#

Thanks for that i saw both the dam and sire only interacted with the sire as the dam was very aggressive and the breeder said that was due to the fact that she just gave birth.

I now see why a breeder might lie about age of a puppy....do you know I called him angrily why he had to lie to me....he now claimed the puppy was given birth to on February 7th and asked me to come for proofs I really trusted him due to all the good reviews I read about his kennel online and even a vet recommended him..
Anyways its all good but very very painful that I don't really know the actual date now ask I can't trust his date anymore or do you think February 7th could be true? How do I get to know the real date? He asked me to come so he proof it but I don't know how he intend doing that.

Judging by the last picture of Brado when I just got him, how old do you think he was? The picture was either taken on the 2nd or 3th of April .

Thanks
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by arcbay(m): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
adewasco2k:

Thanks for that i saw both the dam and sire only interacted with the sire as the dam was very aggressive and the breeder said that was due to the fact that she just gave birth.

I now see why a breeder might lie about age of a puppy....do you know I called him angrily why he had to lie to me....he now claimed the puppy was given birth to on February 7th and asked me to come for proofs I really trusted him due to all the good reviews I read about his kennel online and even a vet recommended him..
Anyways its all good but very very painful that I don't really know the actual date now ask I can't trust his date anymore or do you think February 7th could be true? How do I get to know the real date? He asked me to come so he proof it but I don't know how he intend doing that.

Judging by the last picture of Brado when I just got him, how old do you think he was? The picture was either taken on the 2nd or 3th of April .

Thanks

Judging from the picture, the pup can't be less than 12weeks old at the time, if not more than. The ears had almost picked up shape, the tone of the coat also depicts that. The reason why GSD pup's ears don't assume shape at that age is because their nerves ain't strong enough to hold up the ear flaps into the shape as seen in GSDs of older ages. You can see from the picture that your pups ears have almost fully picked up shape at that time.
You don't need to feel bad about not knowing the actual birthday of your pet. There's a way we breeders make a rough estimate of the date. Just keep tabs on the dam and know when next she's gonna come on heat and give birth. Naturally, bitches come on heat every 5months, that is 3months after weaning their pups...So if the pup was born on February 7th as claimed by the breeder, then she should be on heat again this July. This is just a rough estimate though. I've spent so much time with dogs that I know all about them, I don't hesitate to run to animal behaviorists for advice if i'm faced with any problems.

4 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by henry007(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
adewasco2k:

Thanks
this is funny cheesy I love Brado tho
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by jeff1607(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ajanii: My BoerBoel Fidel Castro at 11 months. He's camera shy though. Lol
O boy see neck !!!!ur dog's neck is thick #thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by profet: 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
Meet pinky .....my boarboel

7 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by profet: 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
Another picture of pinky

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd / How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.