Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,618 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple (138036 Views)

Snap And Upload Your Dogs Here [season 3 2016 Edition] / Snap and upload your pet here [season 1] / Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by hunthsmankennel: 6:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
none that i know of

2 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
hunthsmankennel: none that i know of
Pls don't cut the puppies' tails. Dogs communicate with their tails and ears. If their ears are floppy then they need their tails even more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by hunthsmankennel: 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
Seun:
Pls don't cut the puppies' tails. Dogs communicate with their tails and ears. If their ears are floppy then they need their tails even more.

True that dogs communicate with their tails. When docking a tail properly, a waggable stub is left that can be used to show joy or annoyance. NOTE that Southafrican Farms and Kennels (where the breed originates) still carry out this practice.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 11:47am On Jul 24, 2014
hunthsmankennel:

True that dogs communicate with their tails. When docking a tail properly, a waggable stub is left that can be used to show joy or annoyance. NOTE that Southafrican Farms and Kennels (where the breed originates) still carry out this practice.

I think it's cruel to dock tails of dogs. Just my personal opinion sha.

3 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 11:53am On Jul 24, 2014
Old pictures of cutie boy back then.

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 11:56am On Jul 24, 2014
oluomoadebayo: I think it's cruel to dock tails of dogs. Just my personal opinion sha.
It's not just your personal opinion. Tail docking is banned in the UK and almost all developing countries. It's a barbaric practice that must end. South Africa has not yet banned it because they haven't finished banning barbaric practices against humans, but eventually they'll ban it too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by henry007(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
Seun:
It's not just your personal opinion. Tail docking is banned in the UK and almost all developing countries. It's a barbaric practice that must end. South Africa has not yet banned it because they haven't finished banning barbaric practices against humans, but eventually they'll ban it too.
what do you suggest for breeds with lazy tails (doesn't wag)?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
henry007: what do you suggest for breeds with lazy tails (doesn't wag)?
If some dogs in a breed have "lazy eyes" that don't see, what do you do?
You castrate/neuter them so they don't pass on their defective genes!

I can't find any evidence of the existence of the "lazy tail" syndrome though ... which breeds suffer from that problem?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by henry007(m): 1:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
Seun:
If some dogs in a breed have "lazy eyes" that don't see, what do you do?
You castrate/neuter them so they don't pass on their defective genes!

I can't find any evidence of the existence of the "lazy tail" syndrome though ... which breeds suffer from that problem?
some from the mastiff family. the tail just curves on the side like an open safety pin and does lil or no wagging. I'm not a fan of cropping I don't like to see it being done but I'm not crazy about the tail that does nothing either
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
henry007: some from the mastiff family. the tail just curves on the side like an open safety pin and does lil or no wagging
Which mastiff breeds specifically? I can find no evidence that what you are talking about is not a breeder's faboo. Pictures and videos please.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by hunthsmankennel: 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

I think it's cruel to dock tails of dogs. Just my personal opinion sha.

are you circumcised. is circumcision cruel

waiting for your reply
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
hunthsmankennel:

are you circumcised. is circumcision cruel

waiting for your reply

Don't take the issue personal. I once had a rotweiller with tails and he was very adorable compared to the docked ones.

2 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by henry007(m): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
Seun:
Which mastiff breeds specifically? I can find no evidence that what you are talking about is not a breeder's faboo. Pictures and videos please.
http://www.african-boerboel.co.za/Tail%20docking.htm

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
henry007: http://www.african-boerboel.co.za/Tail%20docking.htm
Did you read that page? It was written by a Boerboel breeder in South Africa who decided to stop docking the tails of his dogs even though it has not yet been banned in South Africa. He referred to tail docking as an immoral practice, which is painful to the puppies and has no practical purpose whatsoever. He also noted that tail docking doesn't prevent tail injuries, and that Boerboel dogs need their tails, and that Boerboels, Rottweilers, Boxers, etc actually look very nice when their tails are not docked; so it doesn't even make them look better.

There is nothing on that page that support your notion that some breeds have "lazy tails" and therefore their tails must be mutilated. Nothing.

Here's a picture of a Boerboel whose tail is intact:

Isn't this Boerboel gorgeous?

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by henry007(m): 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
Seun:
Did you read that page? It was written by a Boerboel breeder in South Africa who decided to stop docking the tails of his dogs even though it has not yet been banned in South Africa. He referred to tail docking as an immoral practice, which is painful to the puppies and has no practical purpose whatsoever. He also noted that tail docking doesn't prevent tail injuries, and that Boerboel dogs need their tails, and that Boerboels, Rottweilers, Boxers, etc actually look very nice when their tails are not docked; so it doesn't even make them look better.

There is nothing on that page that support your notion that some breeds have "lazy tails" and therefore their tails must be mutilated. Nothing.

Here's a picture of a Boerboel whose tail is intact:

Isn't this Boerboel gorgeous?
err I'm not pro docking, just stating facts here. they call it abnormalities but one i saw live looked.....well not pretty
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Soknown: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
adewasco2k:

He grew up too fast though I will not dispute that fact.

I have always feed him royal canin dog food.....started with the royal canin for puppy then now on rousl canin for German Shepherd.
If he continue to grow at this rate, you have to do a lot of walking and exercise for him.

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by cooljyd(m): 9:16am On Jul 25, 2014
Colonel and Abby My favorite 2

5 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2014
cooljyd: Colonel and Abby My favorite 2
Two dogs in a house, and no tails. sad They look good, though, especially the fawn one. They look very well bathed and groomed too. Kudos!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Jcob(m): 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
Meet Drake. My GSD!

4 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by LannisterIMP: 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
henry007: can i see chilla as a 3month old

She is not up to a Month while that pic is taken.

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by LannisterIMP: 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
Seun: Thank you for keeping her ears intact. She looks fantastic. How old?

Chilla will be 7months old by d 1st of Aug.

2 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
henry007: err I'm not pro docking, just stating facts here. they call it abnormalities but one i saw live looked.....well not pretty
Then that dog should not have been allowed to breed. The vast majority (99.99%) of dogs whose tails are docked would've had beautiful tails.
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Shawnalex(m): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
Jcob: Meet Drake. My GSD!

Pls old lod is he?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Shawnalex(m): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
Jcob: Meet Drake. My GSD!

Pls how old is he?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by wordychap: 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
My 8 months old GSD 'JERRY'

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
My incoming pups awaiting permit, I can't wait.

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Seun(m): 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
oluomoadebayo: My incoming pups awaiting permit, I can't wait.
Cute, I'll get one that looks just like that someday! What kind of work do you (plan to) use your Malinois dogs for?
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by Jcob(m): 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
Shawnalex:
Pls how old is he?
9 months
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
Seun:
Cute, I'll get one that looks just like that someday! What kind of work do you (plan to) use your Malinois dogs for?

For now I only train them on obedience but latter I will work protection with them. I'll breed for police and NDLEA also.

3 Likes

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by henry007(m): 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
oluomoadebayo: My incoming pups awaiting permit, I can't wait.
malinois are getting popular, hopefully we won't pirate it
Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by oluomoadebayo: 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
henry007: malinois are getting popular, hopefully we won't pirate it

One of the reasons my pups are not cheap, I have excellent bloodline and I won't sell to just anybody for the name of making money. Few people know it's worth and I don't care.

1 Like

Re: Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple by princelybliss: 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Eragon

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd / How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.