Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training (84595 Views)

Check Out Your Nigeria Brides On My African Bride Episode -1 / Photo: Check Out This Funny Head Gear(gele) A Woman Wore To An Occasion / This Is Me In My African Print Dress. I'd Like To Read Your Comments. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2014
Meanwhile more pix.

Aso-ebi tinz .... cheesy

The dresses are made of blue lace lined with silver colored raw silk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2014
zoomed pix

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
I call this dress " the Queen of Sheba" grin grin

It has 4 layers... shocked Lining, silver raw silk, blue lace and chiffon draped over one shoulder.

The lining, raw silk and lace are all sewn separately, shaped and then joined together at the bustier area and zip. The silver chiffon covers only the left shoulder and is the same length as the main dress. the right shoulder is braided using the same chiffon.

The chiffon and the raw silk are the same silver color. The drape is held in place at the waist and shoulder with silver ad blue stones hand sewn.

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
Zoom

2 Likes

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
Thanks for all the calls , messages and comments.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Want to learn sewing from scratch or maybe already know how to sew and want to brush up your skills?

Already know how to sew but you don't know how to use patterns?

Want to learn sewing but pressed for time ( nursing mother, youth corper, banker, student etc) ?

No problem.

You have the opportunity to take short courses ranging from one week to 4 weeks . Tailored syllabus according to what you need to learn.

Students from age 12 years to adults accepted.

Call , SMS, whatsapp 080 33304712.

Remember time waits for no man.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by ucheody: 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Whrs ur location in lag
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 4:26am On Aug 25, 2014
ucheody: Whrs ur location in lag

La Rosa is located at Addo Crescent Ajah .
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 4:28am On Aug 25, 2014
larosa: Want to learn sewing from scratch or maybe already know how to sew and want to brush up your skills?

Want to learn sewing but pressed for time ( nursing mother, youth corper, banker, student etc) ?

No problem.

You have the opportunity to take short courses ranging from one week to 4 weeks . Tailored syllabus according to what you need to learn.

Good Morning, it's going to be lovely day.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2014
larosa: Want to learn sewing from scratch or maybe already know how to sew and want to brush up your skills?

No problem.

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 10:10am On Aug 26, 2014
Thanks for all the calls, comments and good wishes you ladies really made my day yesterday.

Remember there will never be a convenient time to learn you just have to push yourself.

BB pin 7F217090.

whatsapp 08033304712
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 10:21am On Aug 26, 2014
A little about me.

my name is Roselyn, my grandmother taught me how to thread a needle when I was about 6 years old and I was hooked.

I started tearing my dresses, pillowcases and sheets even curtains in the house to make little dresses for my dolls. My mum would spank and spank me but I was determined. I continued by taking my ready made clothes apart and reassembling them as a way of teaching myself.

When my parents saw my seriousness, they allowed me enroll for professional training while still in school and I never looked back since then.

Its been a long interesting adventure and am loving every minute (sewing can be annoying sometimes sha) lol

Cheers and have a lovely day ahead.

5 Likes

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 7:07am On Aug 27, 2014
BB pin 7F217090
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 8:18am On Aug 29, 2014

No problem.

BB pin 7F217090
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by mummyadiel: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2014
Weldom larosa.pls I want to join,can I?ur pix are lovely
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2014
mummyadiel: Weldom larosa.pls I want to join,can I?ur pix are lovely

have added you on BBM, looking forward to hearing from you
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by mummyadiel: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2014
Pls larosa,can u teach on how to cut breast tube with shoulder just like wat u ve on ur queen of sheba gown(smiles)
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 8:50am On Sep 05, 2014
mummyadiel: Pls larosa,can u teach on how to cut breast tube with shoulder just like wat u ve on ur queen of sheba gown(smiles)

we need to finish the tutorial on the blue dress first also I doubt I can explain tube with just pictures.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2014
Has anyone done their pattern for the blue dress we need to finish this tutorial so we can move on.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by mummyadiel: 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ok,was jst asking for the benefit of those that ll be interested.God bless u for bringing out ur hrt to teach those that have interest in sewing,
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 9:46am On Sep 11, 2014
larosa:

BB pin 7F217090
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 9:47am On Sep 11, 2014

No problem.

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
Nice thread
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
arakulture:
Nice thread

Thank you.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 9:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hello Friends, its been quite a while its been busy, busy, busy over here shocked

Some more pictures for you.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 9:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
Silk polka dot dress button down front

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
Happy customer grin Ankara print skirt suit perfect for the office, African but smart and corporate

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
Wine off shoulder lace blouse with double layer peplum

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 9:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
Happy customers !!!

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 11:43am On Oct 12, 2014
larosa:
Want to learn sewing from scratch or maybe already know how to sew and want to brush up your skills?

No problem.

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
More pix..

High waist 3-tier flared baby girl dress

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 4:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
Brown cotton dress with ankara patch bib and waist band

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Mexican Woman Looks Like Real Life Vampire After 49 Body Modifications (Graphic / Some Men Are No Longer Behaving And Dressing Like Men (Photos) / Female Guests Bare Cleavage At Lagos Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.