Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. (2935 Views)

Write A Letter To God Here / Please, Men Of God Here I Need Your Urgent HELP!!! / Write a Letter To God here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Liveair: 11:41am On Jul 06, 2014
m-ployer:
100%.

There is no such thing as unanswered prayer, Its probably not prayer. If it qualifies as prayer it must be answered. Even 'no' is an answer and always with a positive result.
Meaning that God may have said "NO" to the prayers of the faithful in Nigeria against boko haram killings?
I thought Jesus said "whatever you ask in my name shall be granted you by the Father"

2 Likes

Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2014
Liveair:
Meaning that God may have said "NO" to the prayers of the faithful in Nigeria against boko haram killings?
I thought Jesus said "whatever you ask in my name shall be granted you by the Father"
They forgot to tithe, that's why. grin

2 Likes

Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Liveair: 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist:
They forgot to tithe, that's why. grin
Tithe?
What has tithe got to do with anything!
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Liveair:
Tithe?
What has tithe got to do with anything!
If you tithe your prayers will be answered. grin
If they still aren't answered you need to sow a seed! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Liveair: 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist:
If you tithe your prayers will be answered. grin
If they still aren't answered you need to sow a seed! cheesy
But not all churches are like that you know.
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
Liveair:
But not all churches are like that you know.
Most are.
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by EvilBrain1(m): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
You atheists should shut up abeg! Prayer works dammit, and I have the statistics to prove it!

Oh, wait... never mind.

3 Likes

Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Evil Brain: You atheists should shut up abeg! Prayer works dammit, and I have the statistics to prove it!

Oh, wait... never mind.
grin
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Liveair: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
EvilBrain1: You atheists should shut up abeg! Prayer works dammit, and I have the statistics to prove it!

Oh, wait... never mind.
No...No...No, i beg to disagree!
This data cannot be said to be fair. It would seem that your data carefully avoided countries like US, Canada, UAE, etc. To be fair, sample more randomly picked countries in different areas of the globe with sizable population and lets scrutinize.
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by EvilBrain(m): 8:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
Liveair:
No...No...No, i beg to disagree!
This data cannot be said to be fair. It would seem that your data carefully avoided countries like US, Canada, UAE, etc. To be fair, sample more randomly picked countries in different areas of the globe with sizable population and lets scrutinize.

Okay then:

Country | Infant Mortality Rate | Percentage Christians
United States | 5.4/1000 | 73%
Canada | 5.22/1000 | 67.3%
UAE | 6.86/1000 | 9%
And for good measure:
Nigeria | 96.14/1000 (Shame on us!!!) | 50.8%

There is absolutely no correlation between percentage of Christians and infant mortality or any other health index. The statistics clearly show that all those prayers make no appreciable difference. Sorry, but my point stands.

The sauce of the infant mortality data is from the UN World Population Prospects Report from 2010 via Wikipedia. The percentage of christians figures are from the CIA world factbook. The 50.8% number for Nigeria is of course suspect since we don't include ethnicity and religion in our censuses, but the other three are rock solid. You can double check if you don't believe.

Sorry for bursting your bubble.
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by urheme: 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
[quote author=MadCow1][b]0%..

If God Answered Prayers, I would be texting you right now from the Backseat of my Rolls Royce Phantom whilst my MOPOL and SSS detail are busy clearing up this darn t
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by urheme: 8:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
MadCow1: 0%..

If God Answered Prayers, I would be texting you right now from the Backseat of my Rolls Royce Phantom whilst my MOPOL and SSS detail are busy clearing up this darn traffic. angry

Why don't you just go and rob a bank for goodness sake
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
urheme:

Why don't you just go and rob a bank for goodness sake

You sound bitter. sad
were you dumped?

1 Like

Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Kyase(m): 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
mumumugu: How i go mark God exam?

u talk am all
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 07, 2014
Mine is 99% !
The remaining 1% is simply for caution !

Tis not about mere praying :

it is about working hard by doing the right thing @ the right time in the right place ......

Prayer only bring you closer to your luck , help with influences beyond your realm ..... 75% of the Job would be done by you !!

After prayer bring your luck/dream to you , u take it up from there and grasp it with both hands using ur brain else ...... grin na only smell u go dey smell am, u no go fit lick am verily sef u go fit smell am again !
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Liveair: 9:18am On Jul 07, 2014
EvilBrain:

Okay then:

Country | Infant Mortality Rate | Percentage Christians
United States | 5.4/1000 | 73%
Canada | 5.22/1000 | 67.3%
UAE | 6.86/1000 | 9%
And for good measure:
Nigeria | 96.14/1000 (Shame on us!!!) | 50.8%

There is absolutely no correlation between percentage of Christians and infant mortality or any other health index. The statistics clearly show that all those prayers make no appreciable difference. Sorry, but my point stands.

The sauce of the infant mortality data is from the UN World Population Prospects Report from 2010 via Wikipedia. The percentage of christians figures are from the CIA world factbook. The 50.8% number for Nigeria is of course suspect since we don't include ethnicity and religion in our censuses, but the other three are rock solid. You can double check if you don't believe.

Sorry for bursting your bubble.
Clearly, the US and Canada as you have stated are not doing badly considering their sizes and population with repect to other nations listed.
UAE cannot be sampled with christianity. The issue here is Percentage of answered prayer, Islam inclusive. UAE should be sampled WRT Islam.
No, i really have no bubble to burst. You clearly dont know my position.
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Liveair: 9:22am On Jul 07, 2014
Kyase:
u talk am all
Am sure if it was 100% there wouldn't be any hesitation in marking God.
Is this another scare tactic?
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Liveair: 9:25am On Jul 07, 2014
donroxy: Mine is 99% !
The remaining 1% is simply for caution !

Tis not about mere praying :

it is about working hard by doing the right thing @ the right time in the right place ......

Prayer only bring you closer to your luck , help with influences beyond your realm ..... 75% of the Job would be done by you !!

After prayer bring your luck/dream to you , u take it up from there and grasp it with both hands using ur brain else ...... grin na only smell u go dey smell am, u no go fit lick am verily sef u go fit smell am again !
Haven't you ever prayed for peace in Nigeria or for safe return of the Chibok girls? Was it part of your 99% or 1%?
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 07, 2014
Liveair:
Haven't you ever prayed for peace in Nigeria or for safe return of the Chibok girls? Was it part of your 99% or 1%?
This is simply myopia you are displayin here !

The same Nigerian Army fighting Bokoharam is the same Army giving Bokoharam intelligence

Recently in the news , a man who is ring leader of Civilian JTF was found to be supplying Bokoharam with Intelligence .........

Which Prayer , when some cabals aint ready to holistically fight against bokoharam !

Nonetheless, My Prayer has always been on my own personal issues

No matter how much you prayed for Nigeria or your friend if we aint ready to make Nigeria work it will never work thy kingdom come !

Heaven help those who are ready to help themselves !
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Kyase(m): 11:08am On Jul 07, 2014
Liveair:
Am sure if it was 100% there wouldn't be any hesitation in marking God.
Is this another scare tactic?
call it what ever u want buh i still stand by it. No one can't score God.
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Liveair: 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
donroxy: This is simply myopia you are displayin here !

The same Nigerian Army fighting Bokoharam is the same Army giving Bokoharam intelligence

Recently in the news , a man who is ring leader of Civilian JTF was found to be supplying Bokoharam with Intelligence .........

Which Prayer , when some cabals aint ready to holistically fight against bokoharam !

Nonetheless, My Prayer has always been on my own personal issues

No matter how much you prayed for Nigeria or your friend if we aint ready to make Nigeria work it will never work thy kingdom come !

Heaven help those who are ready to help themselves !
See how you are going round in circles!
So the infilterators are making your god powerless to act? How many are they to stop your God from answering the prayers of millions of christians (His own) praying for an end to all this?
Isn't it incumbent on your God to destroys all perpetuators, including infilterators so as to protect the christians?
You have ended up making your God seem confused as to what to do just because there are insiders!
Clearly, isn't the myopia in you?

2 Likes

Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by EvilBrain1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
Liveair:
Clearly, the US and Canada as you have stated are not doing badly considering their sizes and population with repect to other nations listed.
UAE cannot be sampled with christianity. The issue here is Percentage of answered prayer, Islam inclusive. UAE should be sampled WRT Islam.
No, i really have no bubble to burst. You clearly dont know my position.

The US and Canada are not doing badly because they are wealthy first world nations where post people have access to advanced healthcare and public safety measures are strictly enforced. It has nothing to do with Jesus.

And I only included UAE because you asked about it. Plus even if you added Muslims, it wouldn't help your case because the countries with the greatest numbers of Muslims are almost invariably third world shîtholes. The percentage Muslim population of Denmark and Japan is negligible and there are no predominantly Muslim countries with comparably low infant mortality figures so the Muslims would just drag down your numbers and make things worse for you.

Even if you could prove that the countries in the picture I posted were cherry-picked (and you can't because they weren't), you'd still not have any evidence that prayer works. All you have is a bunch of anecdotes, and anecdotes are basically worthless as evidence.
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by EvilBrain(m): 10:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
Deleted
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by EvilBrain(m): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
Deleted. Double Post.
Re: Score God Here In % WRT Prayers Answered. by Liveair: 5:25am On Jul 09, 2014
EvilBrain1:

The US and Canada are not doing badly because they are wealthy first world nations where post people have access to advanced healthcare and public safety measures are strictly enforced. It has nothing to do with Jesus.

And I only included UAE because you asked about it. Plus even if you added Muslims, it wouldn't help your case because the countries with the greatest numbers of Muslims are almost invariably third world shîtholes. The percentage Muslim population of Denmark and Japan is negligible and there are no predominantly Muslim countries with comparably low infant mortality figures so the Muslims would just drag down your numbers and make things worse for you.

Even if you could prove that the countries in the picture I posted were cherry-picked (and you can't because they weren't), you'd still not have any evidence that prayer works. All you have is a bunch of anecdotes, and anecdotes are basically worthless as evidence.
Hmmn, i see your case.
But what are the figures for UAE, Saudi arabia, Oman, Israel, Uk and Russia? Dont worry, am not Muslim. Why cant we say US and Canada with good figures have good economies and healthcare cos of Prayer?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HAPPY 35th Year Anniversary To Winners Chapel / Does Drinking Urine Solve Spiritual Problems? / How Do Your Body React After Viewing This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.