Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi (19574 Views)

Career Women Battle Housemaids’ Sexcapades, Randy Husbands / What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Godmystrength: NO. A good husband is one who loves his wife like himself.
And a good wife is?
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Godmystrength: 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
fresh_dude: And a good wife is?
A good wife is one who loves/treats her husband like herself.
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Godmystrength: 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2014
pickabeau1: Does a good wife need to love her hubby like herself or its not necessary

Godmystrength: A good wife is one who loves/treats her husband like herself.
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by pickabeau1: 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2014
Oya where d pics na grin grin
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Godmystrength: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
pickabeau1: Oya where d pics na grin grin
you go wait tire na
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by pickabeau1: 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
Godmystrength: you go wait tire na

na mouth u just get dey bobo for us online tongue tongue
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Godmystrength: 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
pickabeau1:

na mouth u just get dey bobo for us online tongue tongue
thank God i even have. Some don't have o.
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by pickabeau1: 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
Godmystrength: thank God i even have. Some don't have o.

na true u talk sha
grin
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2014
As she is not a housewife, and as she is working (and probably earning more than hubby) The guy would have to understand.
If the money from her side plenty reach (and it sounds like it is), maybe he can become a househusband so the home does not utterly suffer grin
He can become an entrepreneur and work off a more flexible schedule.

This, however, will depend on a lot of things, like family pressure and how "Metro" the couple are as opposed to Traditional.
i.e. Will she be utterly okay with the idea that her man is a house husband? Will he? Judging by the mom leaving in the house with them, I doubt a metro move like that can be pulled. Disrespect will ensue.
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by soulglo: 1:24am On Jul 05, 2014
ireneidiva: Did she resign at the end of the day? No. So I don't get.

The title is misleading. If you read through it you can see that she's not saying give up one for the other. She's just stating the fact that you are constantly making choices on which on to choose. Being a mother, a wife or a CEO. At the end of the day you always end up choosing one. She's just making people aware that those choices are what you will battle with and you cannot do it all effectively without a supportive spouse. I agree with her

2 Likes

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by freecocoa(f): 10:25am On Jul 05, 2014
Can whoever put this on the FP please give this topic the appropriate title atleast, besides I'm yet to see someone who has it all in life.
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Yemlizzy(f): 10:30am On Jul 05, 2014
Makes some sense. It takes a strong woman to get to that attained spot despite all odds.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by 1stola: 10:38am On Jul 05, 2014
what is even the meaning of the nonsense topic
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Malakh: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2014
Corporate America, corporate world or corporate positions , status quo is gradually and surely coming to an end, I'ma see what you women with supposed power suit are gonna do then, just give it another year, joke is on you lol, so says Isaiah 30
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2014
No one can truly have it all. Successful men in their careers also have to sacrifice time with their families. It is the law of life, we all have to make some compromises and sacrifices.

1 Like

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by bhadmoss(m): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2014
Phema: No one can have it all. Not the successful one and definitely not the unsuccessful one. undecided
abi ooo #fact

1 Like

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Ishilove: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy: I didn't read your thread
But in response to the topic only.

No one can have it all.
Even successful career men.
It's fallacy thinking one can.
The idea is to get as good of both worlds as possible.
And it is possible when you have a partner who's dreams and goals align with yours.
There for each other. Back to back.
And a successful career woman can have it good.
U shuld have read the thread

1 Like

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Coldfeet(f): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2014
sauer: She apparently has a good support system in place. Plus an understanding husband.

As far as I can tell, the best gift a career woman can ever have is an understanding husband. Any other thing is secondary.
So true!! The husbands support is very vital! like the Pepsico lady her husband is obviously very supportive of her and that's one of the reasons I'm sure she is able to laugh and not sigh with regret as she grants that interview.

1 Like

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by gabicon: 11:16am On Jul 05, 2014
Its all about work, life, responsibility balance. One of the points I got from the piece is responsibility, she stated her responsibility as a wife, mother, and CEO. It all narrows down to the chronological order we arrange these responsibility, we need to understand the extent of decadence in our society and if we refuse to apportion the right quantity and quality of responsibility to all our acts then our world would be a hell to live in mind you money doesn't eliminate hell in the society it can only reduce it.
Ladies pls do not allow the crave of money and fame becloud you gentle and sweet hearts remember you will grow old one day n if you estrange you husband and children no one will be there wen u need it the most. Pls don't get me wrong I want you to succeed and be at the top but pls count the cost of sucess.
Men stand up to your responsibilities the reason ladies are going riot is as a result of us not treating them right when we treat them with respect and support them they blossom and guess who benefits from it the most? We do.
Let's all put hands and build a life and society we will be proud of.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by numericalguy(m): 11:19am On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy: Doesn't that contradict the topic sentence?
being a wife,mother,daughter,care taker,home keeper is a beautiful position to be in.

Leave what crown at the garage?
This where you guys get it wrong.
'Wifehood' 'motherhood' is a crown itself.

What you just said makes it sound like all the above are lowly positions and once a woman who's CEO in any big shot company gets home what she need to do is remove the crown.
and become what??

I think I get the message you guys are wrongly trying to pass accross.
It's the right message.
But it's being passed the wrong way. Being the caretaker and the mother and wife in a home is a very exulted position. And unless a woman is confused about her role in the family,she won't see it as not having it all.

If I can rise to be a CEO and a leader in any public outfit with the respect and benefits that goes with it. Then on reaching home,I'm the undisputed mother,wife and care giver. Taking care of my family and trying as much as possible to give them my best.
Then I will count myself as someone who has it all.it may not be 100 percent. And some days might just be hell.
But that's as close to perfect as life can be.

So one can't say a woman who's the CEO in her workplace and the woman/wife/mother/caregiver in her home is not having it all.if anything,it is the dream of most women.

@bolded

Become a regular mom and wife. That should'nt be too difficult for her
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by myspnigeria: 11:21am On Jul 05, 2014
True talk....truth hurts
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 05, 2014
In a nutshell, one can't have a perfect blend of career and family life. One side has to suffer a bit for the other to excel . My little advice for guys, work hard, marry early, work smart or better still be self employed and retire early too and have time for your family. Ladies, be humble and goal oriented, place your family first... my mum would always say, children are the greatest of all achievements. .
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 05, 2014
bukatyne:

As per the note, they would have over communicated; she could cook when she can and register it at the back of her mind that her hubby doesnot love her

But as they say, love is not all that makes a marriage work

. Chelu godi, wait, biko.... So when the husband doesn't cook and waits for the wife, it automatically means he doesnt love her?
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 05, 2014
Raj must be a learner,if this woman thinks,walks,sleeps pepsico,mr Raj should have employed a super maid.

No matter how sweet pepsico is,it can never be better than an Ekaette with Coca Cola shape.
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by numericalguy(m): 11:29am On Jul 05, 2014
bukatyne:

Hunger never wire the man!

A man gets home like 2hrs before his wife and waits for her to come back before eating?

If he cannot fix dinner for his wife because he is the head/man/oga or she is the tail, can't he get something for himself?

Like I said, hunger never wire am.

Shame!
Another product of bad upbringing.

This one hasn't even gotten there yet and is already misbehaving.

What most girls of your type don't seem to realize is that attitude like that does no one any good in the long run. It only leads to much tension and emotional problems in the home. Just so you know, people in high profile jobs don't need domestic problems, because those problems have a way of creeping up on them at the office and affecting their work. High profile jobs are decision making jobs with serious consequences and once you starts making costly mistakes, that same company might see you as a risk and will eventually have to let you go.
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by SirAweezy(m): 11:31am On Jul 05, 2014
bukatyne:

Hunger never wire the man!

A man gets home like 2hrs before his wife and waits for her to come back before eating?

If he cannot fix dinner for his wife because he is the head/man/oga or she is the tail, can't he get something for himself?

Like I said, hunger never wire am.

I'll definitely wait for her to come home and fix dinner.. As a matter of fact I still do! (Even as she's part of her company's mangement in 9ja)

She knows I love fresh food.. Especially fresh soup...

Not that I'm proud... (Because some weekends I give her breakfast in bed and also do the cooking, It's fun to me).

So waiting for her to come home and fix dinner is the best for me.. Except she called and give a good reason why she won't make it for dinner. I can get a bbq fish n juice and off to bed.

In all, my wife must know how to balance her career with her home and must carry me along in other for me to give her the blessing too.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 05, 2014
In reality, nobody can have it all..... Bill gates cannot be running microsoft, be the best father and the most romantic husband at the same time... Same with the wife... Every thing in life follows the trade off principle but even in the trade off principle, one has to consider the opportunity cost.. Its as a result of this trade off principle that people like oprah had to forfeit marriage entirely.... If you choose to get married, however, one would have to list their priorities and decide on less of which would be sacrificed for more of the other... Since the Mama is considered the home keeper, the scale invariably tilts in the mans favour.... It isn't gender specific but culture/society has made it so...

1 Like

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by SirAweezy(m): 11:52am On Jul 05, 2014
crackhaus:
And when either A or B decides to wait and does not handle that thing before the other gets back, what happens then? Is it to be a cause for grudges and resentment?

Your example about paying bills is somewhat besides the point, but I'll indulge it by asking this question...
"How many men have you heard/seen/come across complaining or harboring a grudge because their wives did not pay the light/water/refuse bill compared to the number of women who complain and resent the idea that their husbands don't help out with house chores/cooking?"

I'll give a clue to the answer, no reasonable man would dare open his mouth to complain of such to anyone because he knows that by default, it's his responsibility.

This is my point... There are gender-specific roles, it's the reality whether we like it or not because thousands of years of evolution has made it so. The world is not ideal, heck nothing tangible in the world follows the laws of ideality except the intangible (gravity, mass, light, etc).

If a woman is lucky enough to have a husband who satisfies her in every nook and cranny of her life (still highly unlikely as y'all always find something to complain about), then good for her.
But for women married to men who find sharing the responsibility of chores/cooking/cleaning unimportant whether or not the wife works as much as he does (best believe, they many), then it's not a bad thing either because by default it is not what naturally comes to him.....thus, a sensible woman who values her marriage must not make it a big deal but instead try to get her husband to do little by being polite, respectful and humorous...this is how smart women deal with it, I've seen it happen a lot..sometimes the man even sees it as a new challenge and deliberately does the chore/cooking just to lighten the mood and get good laughs.

The summary is that a woman should not be making it like it's a must or a responsibility to do those.....I repeat, it is his prerogative just as it's a woman's prerogative to pay bills without waiting for her man to do it.

100 likes!

1 Like

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Dotng: 11:52am On Jul 05, 2014
Bigsteveg:

What a wonderful story, u see..money is not everything, dat is y in africa (nigeria especially) the kids are more closer to the mother who spends much time with them even with the fact dat the dad might be the one paying their school fees @ harvard. Parenting isn't easy. May the lord help us all not to fail in dat aspect.
Well said. You can't have it all. So, decide what you want in life. You can't invest all your life in a career and assume that your children will bond with you without investing time with them. A missionary who had lived abroad away from his family died and was brought home for burial. Someone was wondering about the unemotional response of his son. The son replied, "You can't miss what you never had."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Incurs Heavy Debt , Flees From Matrimonial Home / What's The Best Way To Discipline A Child? / Which Bills Do You Hate Paying The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.