Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi (19573 Views)

Career Women Battle Housemaids’ Sexcapades, Randy Husbands / What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Bigsteveg(m): 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
bukatyne:

Hilarious!

I stated my opinion, you state yours and move on.

If you get home by 8pm, wifey gets home by 10pm due to traffic/long hours etc., sit your ass and wait for her to get home before you drink water grin

Or you can play games or nairaland

Ssmmmhhhh
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by davidif: 12:44am On Jul 06, 2014
One thing the veterans of the gender wars: feminist movement from the late 60's and 70's are beginning to discover is that you can't have it all indeed. You can't eat your cake and have it. Unfortunately, some of them found out too late.

Now, the younger women like chimamanda adichie and co. (That also includes some nairalanders here grin) who are relatively new to feminism and are still in its honeymoon phase and are so excited about it are willing to spread its message and principles with zeal at times. Years from now,when they pass that honeymoon phase, what sets in might be disillusionment and regret but by then it's already too late.

Hopefully, they would heed the words of wisdom from this woman and learn from this. It seems that every decade, there is always some new ideas or movement that springs up and excites a lot of people but after a while people they get tired and move on to the next fad.

Now, I am not against women having equal rights or anything as I hate people being oppressed, I am just against the excesses of militant feminism.
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 06, 2014
Even beyonce has a rich but ugly husband embarassed
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 06, 2014
What a rubbish story. Thank God the women in my family respect each other more and the men do not mind do the shopping if their wives work late.
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by pickabeau1: 10:57am On Jul 06, 2014
carefreewannabe: What a rubbish story. Thank God the women in my family respect each other more and the men do not mind do the shopping if their wives work late.

You call a fortune500 CEO's words rubbish?
Interesting.... smiley
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 06, 2014
pickabeau1:

You call a fortune500 CEO's words rubbish?
Interesting.... smiley

Why not?
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by pickabeau1: 11:00am On Jul 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why not?

ok...... undecided
Just wanted to confirm you actually said so
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by bukatyne(f): 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
In life, who has it all?

davidif: One thing the veterans of the gender wars: feminist movement from the late 60's and 70's are beginning to discover is that you can't have it all indeed. You can't eat your cake and have it. Unfortunately, some of them found out too late.

Now, the younger women like chimamanda adichie and co. (That also includes some nairalanders here grin) who are relatively new to feminism and are still in its honeymoon phase and are so excited about it are willing to spread its message and principles with zeal at times. Years from now,when they pass that honeymoon phase, what sets in might be disillusionment and regret but by then it's already too late.

Hopefully, they would heed the words of wisdom from this woman and learn from this. It seems that every decade, there is always some new ideas or movement that springs up and excites a lot of people but after a while people they get tired and move on to the next fad.

Now, I am not against women having equal rights or anything as I hate people being oppressed, I am just against the excesses of militant feminism.

1 Like

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Ngokafor(f): 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
delishpot: Bottom line, support support support.
If it was in naija thr hubby would sleep with house girl and claim his wife was always travelling. He will say she never had time for kids and even made her secretary attend to her kids.
Her mother inlaw did not interfere, her husband did not ban her mom from his home, her mom did not try to take control of her daughters home. She still has some small guilt feeling for lost moments, but she is copping cos she has something to show for her lost moments with her kids and her home was not left 100% unattended.
I believe a eise woman with good support system can touch the sky.

...you are so right about the 'good support' system thingy...
..unfortunately most male folks here singing her praises and taking a dig at Nigerian women,conveniently forgot that perhaps she has a loving and understanding hubby...a trait they have zero abilities in lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by bukatyne(f): 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Ssmmmhhhh

Don't let your head drop o!
Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by cococandy(f): 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ngokafor:

...you are so right about the 'good support' system thingy...
..unfortunately most male folks here singing her praises and taking a dig at Nigerian women,conveniently forgot that perhaps she has a loving and understanding hubby...a trait they have zero abilities in lipsrsealed

Re: Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi by Bigsteveg(m): 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
bukatyne:

Don't let your head drop o!

I am covered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalander Welcomes Baby Boy After 8 Years / Husband Incurs Heavy Debt , Flees From Matrimonial Home / What's The Best Way To Discipline A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.