Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! (2645 Views)

Attention Seun. / ATTENTION Seun Osewa: Afam4ever Has Lost Moral Authority To Be A Moderator / On Sahalareporters' Wicked Attempt To Tarnish My Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by OmoLisabi(m): 9:33am On Jul 03, 2014
jmaine: I love the maturity of Idumose . . . .dude wasn't found seething and convulsing with rage even with this "alleged" exposure unlike some peeps here.
Egbe eye leye n woto. Jamiu elepon blue how market?

6 Likes

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by crusader01(m): 10:07am On Jul 03, 2014
Op is right but we will still have to blame those who the situation affected. It affected me too but I had to reopen nairaland through the same moniker to prevent anybody from using it,while some nairalanders abandoned the old moniker never thought another person could make use of it.
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by iheanyi40(m): 10:25am On Jul 03, 2014
mehn Dis politics section ehh una lyk quarrel pass fight oh grin

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by madamoringo(f): 10:29am On Jul 03, 2014
Gboliwe:

I don't think any nairalander with a username dating prior the 10th of January 2014 can claim an identity or username hijack. However, its quite confusing seeing some branded names acting like ewu, its at such times the moderators should take action.

For example, Orlando Owoh, Tpia and Shymex have complained, its just fair that those hijacked names be deactivated.

I know Seun left Ife to start NL and has never worked in any world class institution or exposed to an environment where researched best practices are employed in every aspect of business management, not the least IT business. I (and certainly no NLander) should even be telling him about a problem like this one. He in fact should or have people whose job it is to anticipate this problem and proactively deal with it. In fact in a developed environment, the hackers will be found even if it will take them 100 years! In a real business environment where people know what they are doing, it is practically impossible to brute force SSH into a live server because except the hacker already knows the exact password which he will have to ask Seun, or steal it from his mind, or an insider who knows, or obtain by social engineering or key logging, etc such brute force attacks will have his IP address blocked for 600 seconds after 6 attempts. On even private development servers for companies, I have seen cases where the IP address is blocked only after 3 wrong attempts and blocked permanently! Does Seun and his people even look at the iptables of their server? Unfortunately in Nigeria, everything is mediocre, down to luck, hoping that no one will attempt to steal your data, etc. Seun has written an epistle, made a few paper promises and goes back to collecting his ad revenues, whereas in a real business environment, he should be stepping down from his CEO position because he failed! As bad as that may be, assuming he can't step down for Naija reasons, should he not be implementing such a policy or solution we are discussing here? What would it cost NL to establish the antecedent of a poster and his history to see if the ID was stolen? How about elicit the support of the NL community, let them report suspected violations and he can investigate? If such is established, permanently ban this ID and remove all offending posts. If in even a minor doubt, err on the side of caution by making the ID unavailable or unable to post!

It's part of the broader Nigeria mediocre way of life to everything and thinking problems will be solved by doing nothing about it, until it goes away like. This is the same approach even the clueless president GEJ is adopting to solve BH. It is the same thing Yaradua did, and he was called Yara-donothing. What examples will young Nigerians learn from the highest levels of leadership and people like GEJ, Yaradua and Seun? Ignore the problem, long enough even if it is killing your people and costing you millions and could depreciate the value of a NL business built for over 10 years, just do nothing! It is never done like that in developed countries with developed minds because over here, there are businesses that last for 100+ years and some are not even multinationals but mom and pop businesses! Seun, it's up to you to pick up the gauntlet and so something or do what you and your PDP presidents have been doing for 15 years: NOTHING!

4 Likes

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by jmaine: 11:09am On Jul 03, 2014
OmoLisabi: Who is seanet? He be like say mumu dey worry you

How you take sabi say SeaDunce na Seanet ? See as you take confirm your mumu self for hia expressly. . . . .

Your dullness legit no be small . . . .

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by OmoLisabi(m): 11:13am On Jul 03, 2014
jmaine:

How you take sabi say SeaDunce na Seanet ? See as you take confirm your mumu self for hia expressly. . . . .

Your dullness legit no be small . . . .
Ara yaba, it was from seanet that normally fights you that I saw him calling you jamiu and elepon blue and you replied with seatdunce at one thread i can't remember now. So I know it was him you were referring to. Now go and drink ota pia
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by jmaine: 11:15am On Jul 03, 2014
OmoLisabi: Ara yaba, it was from seanet that normally fights you that I saw him calling you jamiu and elepon blue and you replied with seatdunce at one thread i can't remember now. So I know it was him you were referring to. Now go and drink ota pia

See as you dey bite ya tongue in a failed bid to defend ya worthless self.

SeaDunce02, quit the foolishness and man up to ya deeds. Am very gifted in sniffing alter IDs like you out.
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by eggheaders(m): 11:18am On Jul 03, 2014
jmaine:

SeaDunce02, quit the foolishness and man up to ya deeds. Am very gifted in sniffing alter IDs like you out.

you are a tool, even me know you are referring to seanet02.
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by jmaine: 11:21am On Jul 03, 2014
eggheaders:

you are a tool, even me know you are referring to seanet02.

A renowned tool calling another a tool. Who are you to be taken serious ?

2 Likes

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by OmoLisabi(m): 11:22am On Jul 03, 2014
jmaine:

Mumu. I am not seanet. If I have the jabs he normally use to smash your coconut head, I would have use you to mop the floor
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by jmaine: 11:23am On Jul 03, 2014
OmoLisabi: Mumu. I am not seanet. If I have the jabs he normally use to smash your coconut head, I would have use you to mop the floor

Lolz . . . .jabs indeed . . . . My coconut head that is miles above yours . . . . .

And you felt using SeaDunce infantile jab will make you appear mighty.

You need to do a better convincing work. Meanwhile, how far Nairabet, Dem don pay your stakings ? cheesy
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by eggheaders(m): 11:24am On Jul 03, 2014
jmaine:

A renowned tool calling another a tool. Who are you to be taken serious ?

fvckhead simpleton are you denying your botanical name I'm the deity everyone in your lineage worship.
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by OmoLisabi(m): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2014
jmaine:

Lolz . . . .jabs indeed . . . . My coconut head that is miles above yours . . . . .
yawn
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by Seun(m): 11:27am On Jul 03, 2014
Send a request to the supermods. We wil recover all stolen usernames. We're sorry that it took so long. I'm sorry for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by jmaine: 11:27am On Jul 03, 2014
eggheaders:

fvckhead simpleton are you denying your botanical name I'm the deity everyone in your lineage worship.

Lolz . . . .Still repeating your stale and worn out copied lines . . . .LMAO . . .

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by jmaine: 11:28am On Jul 03, 2014
Seun: Send a request to the supermods. We wil recover all stolen usernames. We're sorry that it took so long. I'm sorry for that.

And how do you intend to verify claims and counter claims ?

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by OmoLisabi(m): 11:29am On Jul 03, 2014
eggheaders:

Egbon e jo esanu omo kekere ti won pe ni Idamu omo Jamiu.
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by eggheaders(m): 11:29am On Jul 03, 2014
jmaine:

Lolz . . . .Still repeating your stale worn out copied lines . . . .LMAO . . .

repeated lines kwa it will take 10 reincarnations and 59 lifetimes for anyone in your lineage to match my written, punchlines and metaphor.
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by jmaine: 11:30am On Jul 03, 2014
OmoLisabi: yawn

See your brown dentition . . . . . sad . . . . grin
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by eggheaders(m): 11:30am On Jul 03, 2014
OmoLisabi: Egbon e jo esanu omo kekere ti won pe ni Idamu omo Jamiu.

omo ibanuje sun owo ni ina omo ni omo ofo yen. emi fe ko didirin ara re ni eko ni.

(1) (2) (3)

Shoprite During Sallah In Kano / New Music Site Getting A Lot Of Buzz. Faajihouse.com / Anybody That Doesnt Like My Posts Should Go And Drink Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.