Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,128 members, 7,863,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

What To Do When He Breaks Up With You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What To Do When He Breaks Up With You (2578 Views)

Nigerian Lady Boyfriend Dumped To Marry Another Woman Breaks Nigeria Twitter / Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend Of 11 Years 24 Hours To His Wedding To Another / What To Do If She Breaks Up With You...(winning Her Back) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When He Breaks Up With You by oboso1: 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
It is terrible to live through heartbreak; but this is a part of life. It happens all the time. What do you do when your boyfriend breaks up with you and you find you still love him? Do you plan to get him back or go through the rest of your life regretting that you lost the person you thought was the one for you?

The wise thing to do would be to go after him. However, you definitely do not want to fight a lost battle. You need to know whether he still loves you. Can you tell whether he still loves you or not? Here are 7 signs that he still does (which means you have all the chances to get him back).

1. He calls back - leave him a message (text him or send him an email) saying you wanted to talk with him. If he calls you back it means that he still cares for you. If he has outgrown the relationship - he would ignore the messages.

2. He is still protective of you - ask him his opinion about going out with some not-so-great guys around you. If she shrugs off his shoulders and does not say anything, the signs are not good. However, if he goes to lengths to dissuade you from connecting to such men, he still cares for you.

3. He accepts your friendship - tell him you respect his wish to move away, but you still wanted to be friends. If he accepts to be friends with you, he still has a soft corner for you in his heart; good sign.

4. He goes out of his way to help you - make up some problems and ask your ex boyfriend for help. Make it look like a 'have to get your help on this one' situation. If he comes to your aid even when this means considerable discomfort to him, it means he still cares for you.

5. He remembers your special days - whether it is your birthday, or any special day he remembers and send you good wishes/ flowers/ gift.

6. He appreciates the way look - watch his eyes for this one. Wear a new dress, of get a new hairstyle then when you come in front of him watch his eyes. Do they light up? If yes, he still loves the way you look. If he pays you a compliment, it is still better. Good sign!

7. He accepts a date invite from you - test him. Ask him out for a date out. Keep it low profile. If he accepts to go out with you, he still loves you.

Pay Close Attention Here-

Now listen carefully! Take 2 minutes to read the next page and you'll discover a stunning trick which will have your ex begging you to take them back. There is a set of easy to follow psychological tricks which will make your ex crawl back to you within a few days guaranteed. I strongly urge you to read everything on the next page before it's too late and time runs out- Click Here

Now you can stop your break up or lover’s rejection...even if your situation seems hopeless! There are specific techniques that will show you exactly what to do and what to say to get your ex lover back in your arms- Especially if you are the only one trying... Visit How to Get Your Ex Back

Looking for love and dating can be challenging. Discuss your dating problems on our forum. We can help you find a great loving relationship! Go to: http://www.relationshiptalkforum.com

Here's a video to help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd9_u4OAMkc

How to Make Your Ex Come Back
Re: What To Do When He Breaks Up With You by jameslives: 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
How many times have you already tried to get your ex back and have failed? Have your friends been observing this and have been telling you to give up the efforts you have been making and try the no contact method?

Try to get your ex back by not making contact seems a little crazy from one perspective. But this method can work and if everything else you have tried has failed why not try it. Below are some of the reasons why it might work for you.

1. If you are constantly exposed to your ex it will remind them of the negative things, such as fighting and arguing. It is difficult to move on past these things because your ex is constantly reminded of them each time you try to make contact. After enough time has passed with no contact, those painful memories start to fade away. What is left are the good memories and a feeling of why your ex may miss you and the relationship you had together.

2. It is amazing how time has a way of healing wounds from a break up. If enough time is allowed to pass not only the little things, but the big issues between you and your ex can go away or soften. The key thing for you is to let enough time to pass to allow this healing process to happen. Keep in mind the bigger the problem the longer it may take.

3. Your ex will never have a chance to grasp what they are missing when you are constantly bothering them. If they are to have a chance to take you back, you will have to take some time away from making any contact with them. Back off and wait, after a period of time you just may find that your ex calls you. There will be that day when they realize what they are missing and will be ready to make contact with you again.

But to make this work you have to take it serious. You do not have to go out of your way to avoid them if you happen to meet in public. Just give them their space and wait long enough for them to remember the good times you had together and to forget the bad. This will also give both of you time to figure out what you would want from your relationship the second time around and how to make it work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ae9PoJAPvU

How to Get Over Your Ex

1 Like

Re: What To Do When He Breaks Up With You by donyjohn: 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
If you're reading this right now, you're probably suffering over the loss of someone you love greatly. I know you've lost your lover and I understand that the worst pain imaginable is having the person that you love the most tell you they don't want you anymore.

The funny part is that, as you are sitting there, with your heart feeling like it's been ripped out of your chest, people are telling you things like...

* You will get over it.
* He/She was no good for you.
* Move on (my personal favorite).
* It's his/her loss - you were too good for him/her.

What a bunch of crap! And all that, just to make you feel better. But, let's face it...

...Nobody can say anything to make you feel better... Except from me. Because I can tell you how to get your ex back!

I know exactly how you can get your ex back. Believe it or not, getting your ex back is a very easy to follow linear process, but, also, a very counter-intuitive one.

We'll talk about this in a second, but, one thing I want to point out is that you'll find some amazing resources down at the bottom of this article. The complete gender-specific gameplan for getting your ex back is waiting for you. You owe it to yourself to take a look.

Okay, now let me give you a few tips to put you on the right track...

1. Break contact. I'm serious. Reduce or, if possible, break any contact with your ex for about 3 to 4 weeks. This should be easy, right?...Not really. This is going to be the most painful tip because you will, most likely, miss them a lot and never stop wondering about what they are doing. Stop calling them, stop sending them emails, text messages or anything of that nature. One of the biggest mistakes people make after a breakup is what I call text message terrorism. I'm sure you know what this is, but, also, I bet you don't realize that, after a breakup, any text message, email or phone call can be too much for your ex. They already had too much telling you they don't want you anymore. At this point it's best to agree with the breakup and be totally cool about it.

2. Stop being needy. Always remember this: a hungry dog doesn't get fed! Nobody wants to be around a needy person. It's hard-wired into our brains to align with people who have higher survival value and stay away from needy people. While it is possible to make your ex take you back out of pity, it's not what we are trying to accomplish here. You want your ex to be attracted to you again, not to feel sorry for you.

3. Get your life back. It's time to call your old friends that you've probably neglected lately. Do it right now. Start having massive fun. Note that this is not some feel good advice. Being happy on your own is very important if you want to attract people into your life, and, most important, to get your ex back. So, make sure you put your life in order.

4. Start working out. When you work out, endorphins are released inside your body, so, you will feel a lot better. It will make you look better too, so you'll get a boost in your confidence. Remember: confidence is one of the most attractive traits you can have (every dating advice I've read - good or bad - included this cliché - the power of confidence). But, confidence comes with success while you've just been dumped. It's not going to be easy, but, don't worry too much. I'm going to give you all the tools you need to get success, so confidence will happen automatically.

5. Contact your ex. If your ex doesn't contact you after 4 weeks, you can contact them and have a light conversation. There are a few steps you need to do before actually contacting your ex. You'll easily find them in the materials I will give you (check the resources at the bottom of this article). Avoid talking about your past relationship. Don't ask your ex if they are dating someone new and don't brag about how many people you are sleeping with or dating (that's lame... only losers brag). Just keep it light while avoiding any arguments. Also, be cool and don't let them think you're desperate to see them.

6. Make your next date with your ex emotionally charged. "What?! A date?! My ex doesn't even answer my phone calls!"...I can hear you screaming already. But, it's alright. You will find a solution for every situation in the materials at the bottom of this article. I will teach you how to make your ex return your phone calls and how to get another date. Well, that's actually the easy part.

Here's a youtube video: What to Do If You Want Your Ex Back
Re: What To Do When He Breaks Up With You by michaelpower: 4:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
How many times have you already tried to get your ex back and have failed? Have your friends been observing this and have been telling you to give up the efforts you have been making and try the no contact method?

Try to get your ex back by not making contact seems a little crazy from one perspective. But this method can work and if everything else you have tried has failed why not try it. Below are some of the reasons why it might work for you.

1. If you are constantly exposed to your ex it will remind them of the negative things, such as fighting and arguing. It is difficult to move on past these things because your ex is constantly reminded of them each time you try to make contact. After enough time has passed with no contact, those painful memories start to fade away. What is left are the good memories and a feeling of why your ex may miss you and the relationship you had together.

2. It is amazing how time has a way of healing wounds from a break up. If enough time is allowed to pass not only the little things, but the big issues between you and your ex can go away or soften. The key thing for you is to let enough time to pass to allow this healing process to happen. Keep in mind the bigger the problem the longer it may take.

3. Your ex will never have a chance to grasp what they are missing when you are constantly bothering them. If they are to have a chance to take you back, you will have to take some time away from making any contact with them. Back off and wait, after a period of time you just may find that your ex calls you. There will be that day when they realize what they are missing and will be ready to make contact with you again.

But to make this work you have to take it serious. You do not have to go out of your way to avoid them if you happen to meet in public. Just give them their space and wait long enough for them to remember the good times you had together and to forget the bad. This will also give both of you time to figure out what you would want from your relationship the second time around and how to make it work. How to Make My Ex Think about Me
Re: What To Do When He Breaks Up With You by hamiltonreal: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
You've heard the same advice time and time again since the break up. You're supposed to ignore your ex boyfriend if you want to get him back. At first glance it makes absolutely no sense at all. How in the world could ignoring a man make him decide that he wants you back? The opposite seems much more likely, doesn't it? Internally you feel that right now would be the perfect time to pick up the phone to call your ex boyfriend and suggest you two try and work things out. But everyone is screaming at you to not do that. You're confused, you feel desperate and you're worried that you're going to make a mistake that's going to cost you the man you love. Before you do anything, you need a short and concise lesson in male psychology. There's a very good reason why you should pay attention to those who tell you to forget your ex boyfriend's phone number, address and place of work.

Right Now You're Not in Control of Your Failed Relationship

After a break up the individual who is chasing their ex partner is not in control of the future of the relationship. As women we often wish we could live our lives in the pages of a romance novel. We imagine that moment when our ex boyfriend picks up the phone to say he can't live another day without us. The problem is that in reality that's not likely to happen if you're chasing him non-stop. Your actions really do speak louder than your words in this scenario and your actions are screaming a message that loudly declares, "I'm desperate and I don't care who knows it."

He is completely in control of what happens next. If he chooses to ignore you, he knows instinctively that you're just going to step up your efforts and pursue him even more. Essentially you're telling him that the more he ignores you, the harder you'll try. Your life revolves around him and that feeds his ego. Most men in this position aren't quick to give their ex girlfriend the time of day because they want to see how far she'll push herself in an effort to win him back.

You must shift the dynamic of the relationship so that you're the one in control of the future. The best way to do that is to change your own behavior. You'll actually be surprised at how quickly he'll decide he wants you when he suddenly believes you no longer want him.

There's More to Ignoring Your Ex Boyfriend Than Not Answering His Texts

One relationship changing error that many women make before they start no contact with their ex boyfriend is they tell him of their intentions in such a way that he realizes that it's little more than a game. If you announce to your ex boyfriend that you're no longer talking to him, and you do that while you're overly emotional, he's going to view it as a tactic to get him back. His competitive spirit will kick itself into overdrive and he'll set out on his own course to ignore you. Before you know it, weeks or months will have passed and you'll both be too stubborn to reach out to connect with the other.

You're much better off just dropping off the face of the earth. The best advice you can follow is to decide one moment (now is good) that you're not going to talk or try to try to your ex boyfriend again for at least a month. Don't let anyone know that you're doing this as mutual friends love to gossip and your ex boyfriend will once again realize you're using no contact as a tool to remind him how much he needs you.

During the next month, try your best to shift your focus to something positive and enriching. It's very tempting to sit and wallow in the memories of when you two were together but that's not going to accomplish anything productive for you. This should be a month when you rediscover who you are, as a woman, and you get in touch with what you want out of life.

Redefine What Your Life Goals Are As You Distance Yourself From Your Ex

You're in for a couple of welcome surprises when you do begin the journey of ignoring your ex boyfriend. First and foremost, you're going to be shocked with how he responds. Typically a man will want a woman who no longer wants him. Once your ex boyfriend realizes that you've stopped your never-ending quest to regain his love and devotion, he'll set out to recapture your heart. It's amazing how that works. Men are notorious for wanting things in life that are just beyond their reach. When one of those things becomes an ex girlfriend, a man will kick his charm into high gear in an effort to win her back. Basically, if you take away the knowledge that you want him, he'll start to question who you do want. Once that happens, he'll come running back to you full force, trying to get you to explain to him what's changed. How Can I Get Back Together With My Ex Girlfriend

The other, more welcome, benefit of ignoring your ex boyfriend is you get to finally decide, in an emotionally uncluttered way, whether getting back together is actually something that you want or need. Things look and feel much different a month after the break up. Your emotions are settled, your future is less defined and you are open to a whole array of possibilities.

Giving yourself the opportunity to take a breath from your ex boyfriend is one of the best gifts you can possibly ever get. You will finally be able to decide what is best for you and whether reuniting with him is truly the best way to make all your romantic dreams come true.
Re: What To Do When He Breaks Up With You by markjane: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
When learning how to get your ex back after a breakup, text messages can be your most powerful ally or your worst enemy. When used in the wrong way, text messages can further alienate your ex and push your relationship beyond repair. When used in the right way, text messages can help you reconnect with your ex and can open your ex up to the idea of being with you again.

Text messages are literally a "push button" solution which makes them super cool and appealing. However, it also means they can get you in trouble in a hurry if you're not careful.

People are addicted to their cell phones. They have them at their side every minute of every day (even while they sleep). This gives you an incredible window of opportunity to seduce your ex back into your life...if you know what you're doing.

5 Starting Points For Getting Your Ex Back Using Text Messages

If you're going to use text messages to get your ex back, there are some important things to keep in mind.

1.) Get Back Together With Your Ex For The Right Reasons

Before you begin to text your ex, you need to make sure you're getting back together for the right reasons.

So, what are the right reasons?

Michael Fiore, relationship expert and author of Text Your Ex Back, states the right reasons occur when "...you legitimately miss and appreciate your ex, feel like you've got a real connection, and feel like the reasons you broke up are things you can resolve, accept, or move past." Never try to get back with an ex who is emotionally or physical abusive or to satisfy your own ego.

2.) Have Realistic Expectations

Learning how to get your ex back using text messages (or any other method for that matter) takes time and work. It will require patience.

Understand there is no single "magic text" that will immediately bring your ex crawling back to you. You also must realize there's no guarantee you will get your ex back. You must be willing to accept that possibility.

3.) Understand The Breakup And Have Clear Goals

Before you use text messages to get your ex back, it's important to understand why you broke up in the first place and have clear goals for what you hope to achieve by repairing the relationship.

During this step, it's important to be completely honest with yourself. The reason you want your ex back doesn't have to be fairy tale romantic, but it needs to be clear and honest.

For example, it might be something like, "I want my ex back because no one has ever understood me as much as they have" or "I want my ex back because I care about them so much and can't stand the thought of them being with someone else".

4.) The "No Contact" Rule Still Applies

If you've read any relationship advice about how to get your ex back after a breakup, you've probably come across the "no contact" rule. While many different variations of the rule exist, it generally states something like, "Never contact your ex after a breakup for at least a month."

When using text messages to get your ex back, the same rule applies. By not contacting your ex right away, you give them a chance to miss you. You also allow time for both you and your ex to sort out your emotions.

If you try to text too soon, then you risk letting heightened emotions dictate what you say and do which runs the risk of making you come across as needy and/or desperate. It can also lead to more fighting if you and your ex haven't had a chance to cool down.

5.) Never Use A "Nothing Text" To Initiate The Conversation

Once you know what your goals are, it's time to send out that all important first text. A few things to keep in mind during your first few texts include:

Don't be needy or desperate.
It's OK (and normal) if you don't get a response.
Be positive and upbeat rather than trying to get into a serious conversation about the relationship right from the get go.
Validate your ex's feelings. Never tell your ex what they are feeling is wrong or stupid. They're entitled to feel the way they feel even if you see things a different way.

Relationship expert Michael Fiore recommends using an "across the bow" text to get the conversation started and says to stay away from "nothing texts" at all costs. Nothing texts are simply texts that don't really say anything and don't create any curiosity or hook for a response. These are things like "Hi" or "What's up?" and are a very common mistake people make when trying to text an ex. How to Act Around Your Ex

An "across the bow" text is simply a text that let's your ex know you are thinking about them, you don't have any ill feelings toward them, and you aren't needy or desperate (even if you feel like you are).

For example, it could be something like, "I just drove by a group of horses and it made me think of you and smile because I know how much you love to go riding. Hope you're doing great." These types of texts are positive and not pushy. They don't demand a response so your ex can respond if they want, but they won't feel pressured to do so.

While the above will help you get started, there's still much more to know about how to get your ex back through text messages.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Detect Sign/body Language In Your Relationship / What Do You Love Most About The Person You Love? / How Do I Forget Girls Totally And Face My Studies And Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.