Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,687 members, 7,851,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:50 PM

AREGBESOLA Caricature - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AREGBESOLA Caricature (3538 Views)

Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Breaking News- Aregbesola Out Omisore In / Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
D'Vanguard:

Can you enlighten us on his performance as a senator, Cos he represents my constituency. Even his contribution in the chamber we know (remember he hardly contribute to debate). His agenda, we are yet to read or see.

God bless you my bro. I know a reasonable Osun indigene 'll never go with this Omisore for any reason because he has failed us before and it is well known that

Once bitten twice shy.

1 Like

Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by RedReact: 3:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
Firefire: Osun people are wiser that all this tricks.

You can not fool us again.
In terms of education, it's like some of our governors make mistakes a lot. The issue of merger of schools has always been a problem because some of those schools were established by missionaries and traditions had been maintained before the incoming of the governor/s (at present). Former governor Ladoja of Oyo State did something like that too, which I still dislike till today, all in the name of trying to work out a strong education system in the state in his tenure.

Now to the issue of Aregbesola, you should have looked at it this way; Bisi Akande was voted out in 2003 because of his policy on the civil servants and also didn't do much for the state then, although he was said to be prudent, but I didn't see anything much under his tenure, and that paved way for Olagunsoye Oyinlola. It was a clean victory for him and people expected him to perform well, but nothing much was done. In 2007, people were dissatisfied with him, why APC is now calling him to their camp is what I find strange, and Aregbesola was voted in (no doubt about the fact that the election was rigged in Osun State then, those who are close to the shakers of politics in the State will know this). You should have compared or contrasted which admin is better between the incumbent and his predecessor, and then judge. Most people that support Aregbesola were/are angered by that school-merger move, myself inclusive because I have seen the consequence of the action by a former governor, but they still give him kudos what what he has done. Government will make some silly policies and that is why an opposition will have to be instituted to put them in check. In fact, NO OPPOSITION means NO GOVERNANCE.

Unto Omisore, he cannot deliver anything Simply put! This is not trying to malign is personality at all but going by what is known to those who are close-by. He has his supporters no doubt, after all, Abacha had his despite his despotic rulership of the country. APC will never rule OSUN for life, as there will be a call for change of hands in governance, but I expect political parties to produce sound and visionary candidate to tackle the incumbent but that is not the case here. Take a look at Oyo State PDP for example, the clowns (apology for using that word) parading themselves as best candidate for the party have nothing to offer, whereas a man that is sound, a former House of Rep. member is there, but they won't go for it. When do we stop choosing mediocre people to represent us in governance?

2 Likes

Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by smd(m): 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2014
Firefire:

I am not a PDP member for your information.

I am against anti-people policies of any political party.

APC is a huge FRAUD and the monumental fraud is crying to the heavenlies

pls explain better wht u mean by fraud here. That he has perpetrated and tell me d candidate dat has performd lik Aregbe in osun given d opportunity to serve people either at federal or state. And dont forget to add d prefered candidate and d reason why it shld be preffered over Aregbe.
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Chaleeee: 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by dubienatti(m): 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
RedReact:
In terms of education, it's like some of our governors make mistakes a lot. The issue of merger of schools has always been a problem because some of those schools were established by missionaries and traditions had been maintained before the incoming of the governor/s (at present). Former governor Ladoja of Oyo State did something like that too, which I still dislike till today, all in the name of trying to work out a strong education system in the state in his tenure.

Now to the issue of Aregbesola, you should have looked at it this way; Bisi Akande was voted out in 2003 because of his policy on the civil servants and also didn't do much for the state then, although he was said to be prudent, but I didn't see anything much under his tenure, and that paved way for Olagunsoye Oyinlola. It was a clean victory for him and people expected him to perform well, but nothing much was done. In 2007, people were dissatisfied with him, why APC is now calling him to their camp is what I find strange, and Aregbesola was voted in (no doubt about the fact that the election was rigged in Osun State then, those who are close to the shakers of politics in the State will know this). You should have compared or contrasted which admin is better between the incumbent and his predecessor, and then judge. Most people that support Aregbesola were/are angered by that school-merger move, myself inclusive because I have seen the consequence of the action by a former governor, but they still give him kudos what what he has done. Government will make some silly policies and that is why an opposition will have to be instituted to put them in check. In fact, NO OPPOSITION means NO GOVERNANCE.

Unto Omisore, he cannot deliver anything Simply put! This is not trying to malign is personality at all but going by what is known to those who are close-by. He has his supporters no doubt, after all, Abacha had his despite his despotic rulership of the country. APC will never rule OSUN for life, as there will be a call for change of hands in governance, but I expect political parties to produce sound and visionary candidate to tackle the incumbent but that is not the case here. Take a look at Oyo State PDP for example, the clowns (apology for using that word) parading themselves as best candidate for the party have nothing to offer, whereas a man that is sound, a former House of Rep. member is there, but they won't go for it. When do we stop choosing mediocre people to represent us in governance?
bros, brace ya self 4 a suprise. remenba he won d sanate in prison,now he is out dustin 2 roasted corn at time..eh.. wit fed money behind him expect d unexpected..
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by RedReact: 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
dubienatti: bros, brace ya self 4 a suprise. remenba he won d sanate in prison,now he is out dustin 2 roasted corn at time..eh.. wit fed money behind him expect d unexpected..
My brother, you should have asked how he was able to win from the prison. Remember he never campaigned for the election. 2 things played out in the course of that election; PDP/OBJ factor, and the fact that the State was highly opposed to AD led administration. The former factor played a large factor in his election then. The election may go in a surprising manner, like you said, but let's watch how it goes.
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by popplm(m): 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
Neyoor:

There is nothing inside Omisore's soup that has not been tasted.
He ruled us for four years as Deputy Governor, he failed us.
He served for another four years as a Senator without anything to show for it.
Omisore is a failure from inception, there is nothing he has for us.

Well, you can challenge me by mentioning what Omisore did for 8 years we entrusted him.
you don't know OMISORE, read here Few of his achievement

* Paid all fees needed for gubernatorial contest in 1999 and only to be given Deputy Governor and of which after 2 years he was sideline by Bisi akande and his cabinets for no reason. He wasnt allowed to any activities and latter alleged of the murder of Late Bola Ige

* He was in the prison when contested for a senatorial seat and he won because people from his district knew he was only framed up and wasn't guilty of the offence. After all evidence proved he wasn't guilty the court set him free

* he was a senator for 8 years and only a bastard residing in IFE/Ijesha senetorial district will never appreciate what he has done. Omisore with his power as chairman of committee on appropriation has done greatly for the OAUTHC, ife (call anyone working or studying there to shed more light) many transformer were distributed to the community and also many other benefit i will never bother to write here.

* Apart from being a politician SIO is a philanthropist that has made great impact in the life of mass. Many youth from his district will never forget him with employment he has gained for them in various sector.

You don't need to judge your fellow man with what you read on the pages of news paper or fake thread you read here on NL. I am not a politician but i am from Ijesha community and i will never support a PRODIGAL SON which i haven't benefit anything from over 4 years of service.

I don't blame you for your rants here on Omisore....Gov MiMIKO has said it all " omisore a misunderstood Nigerian".....OTITO KORO!
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Dapyem(m): 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2014
texaco1: 50million naira or dollars just to build that useless statue!even if it is 50million kobo what is the importance of that statue to the ordinary masses? And yet he was owing civil servants 4 months salary? Ok ,I just pray osun people vote out this association of progressive criminals. Bunch of oles,barawaos
owing civil servants 4mths salary?
dis is a lie,d man owes no civil servant salary.it may b delayed into 12th-18th day of d following month.dats d reality,haba
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Firefire(m): 6:46am On Jul 05, 2014
popplm: you don't know OMISORE, read here Few of his achievement

* Paid all fees needed for gubernatorial contest in 1999 and only to be given Deputy Governor and of which after 2 years he was sideline by Bisi akande and his cabinets for no reason. He wasnt allowed to any activities and latter alleged of the murder of Late Bola Ige

* He was in the prison when contested for a senatorial seat and he won because people from his district knew he was only framed up and wasn't guilty of the offence. After all evidence proved he wasn't guilty the court set him free

* he was a senator for 8 years and only a bastard residing in IFE/Ijesha senetorial district will never appreciate what he has done. Omisore with his power as chairman of committee on appropriation has done greatly for the OAUTHC, ife (call anyone working or studying there to shed more light) many transformer were distributed to the community and also many other benefit i will never bother to write here.

* Apart from being a politician SIO is a philanthropist that has made great impact in the life of mass. Many youth from his district will never forget him with employment he has gained for them in various sector.

You don't need to judge your fellow man with what you read on the pages of news paper or fake thread you read here on NL. I am not a politician but i am from Ijesha community and i will never support a PRODIGAL SON which i haven't benefit anything from over 4 years of service.

I don't blame you for your rants here on Omisore....Gov MiMIKO has said it all " omisore a misunderstood Nigerian".....OTITO KORO!
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Zionope: 7:05am On Jul 05, 2014
texaco1: 50million dollars ,that is over 5billion naira to build a talking drum and yet some people are defending it! Nigerians don suffer. That money could have been used to construct roads in the state.
And u believe that lie? U disappoint me. Do u live in Osun?
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by texaco1: 7:09am On Jul 05, 2014
Zionope:
And u believe that lie? U disappoint me. Do u live in Osun?
initially I didn't believe it,but when the apc supporter posted in defence of that allegation was that it cost thatt much because that is the biggest talking drum in the world and it when commercial tourism fully kicks off it will bring ppl to the state
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Zionope: 7:22am On Jul 05, 2014

U called him a prodigal son cos he did not come to your house to share money, abi? What about d road network he constructed in ijhesa land? It is Tinubu dat ride on that roads abi?
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Zionope: 7:25am On Jul 05, 2014

U called him a prodigal son cos he did not come to your house to share money, abi? What about d road network he constructed in ijhesa land? It is Tinubu dat ride on that roads abi? Stop deceiving urself by saying u're not a politician, its high time u said to urself " I have PDP blood flowing in ma vein"
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Zionope: 7:35am On Jul 05, 2014
texaco1: initially I didn't believe it,but when the apc supporter posted in defence of that allegation was that it cost thatt much because that is the biggest talking drum in the world and it when commercial tourism fully kicks off it will bring ppl to the state
Probably they did not notice d figure, d same thing is said about the Ori olokun statue in Ile-Ife, 5billion plus 5billion makes 10billion; how much is d state allocation? Right now he has a profile debt of 40billion naira, receives 2.4 billion from d federal government, contructed over 1000km of road accross d state, workers dalary is there, the new schools, and many more. Compare those figure and tell me what u c.
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Zionope: 7:41am On Jul 05, 2014

How long have u known Omisore? I reside in Osun state, Ile-Ife to be precise, and I've known Omisore 4 more than 20yrs. Aregbesola might not be a saint or the meshia but Chrisore is not an alternative.
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by popplm(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2014
Zionope:
U called him a prodigal son cos he did not come to your house to share money, abi? What about d road network he constructed in ijhesa land? It is Tinubu dat ride on that roads abi?
We have roads in Osun state before he came...i think you eat road as food in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by popplm(m): 9:00am On Jul 05, 2014
Zionope:
How long have u known Omisore? I reside in Osun state, Ile-Ife to be precise, and I've known Omisore 4 more than 20yrs. Aregbesola might not be a saint or the meshia but Chrisore is not an alternative.
even if you lives in same compound with omisore and your house is at Ede road of ile ife, you might be blind to his achievements...Eni ti a ko ba fe, alo ko ran...
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Zionope: 9:05am On Jul 05, 2014
popplm: We have roads in Osun state before he came...i think you eat road as food in Lagos.

Tell me how u intend to eat/make money when Omisore gets there that u can't do now.
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Zionope: 9:13am On Jul 05, 2014
popplm: even if you lives in same compound with omisore and your house is at Ede road of ile ife, you might be blind to his achievements...Eni ti a ko ba fe, alo ko ran...
See, all I've come to understand here is that the majority of u calling 4 Aregbesola's removal are those that benefit directly 4rm dis so called politicians; but God will not allow u, at least 4 d sake of d populace that needs development.
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by highchiefpee(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2014
Dats d truth bro he's owing some civil servants 7 to 8 months salary,aregbe is a goner
Dapyem:
owing civil servants 4mths salary?
dis is a lie,d man owes no civil servant salary.it may b delayed into 12th-18th day of d following month.dats d reality,haba
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by texaco1: 10:20am On Jul 05, 2014
highchiefpee: Dats d truth bro he's owing some civil servants 7 to 8 months salary,aregbe is a goner
I didn't want to argue with him because I knew that guy doesn't know . Please tell them how much he owed corpers,because if I say it now they will tthink I am been too partisan
Re: AREGBESOLA Caricature by Zionope: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2014
highchiefpee: Dats d truth bro he's owing some civil servants 7 to 8 months salary,aregbe is a goner
I'll advice u get ur facts right, yes he's owing PENSIONEERS and dat is because of the joint pension contribution introduced by Obasanjo and signed into law in Osun state by Oyinlola, d money keep accumulating and he has been finding it difficult to pay since last year july when d state allocation was cut from 4.6billion to 2.4billion by d federal government. He's not owing d serving civil servants till date, he's not d only Gov owing pensioneers; all the states of the federation that have signed d proposal to law is facing d same problem. Stop listening to propaganders, seek d truth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Air-conditioned Trains Commissioned By VP Sambo In Makurdi / The mothers of Ex President Olusegun Obasanjo's 21 children Revealed / What's The Meaning Of Afonja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.