Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (49690 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

Having sex was a mutual decision
sex led to pregnancy-she didn't mix the sperm and egg together herself, nature did what it has to do, you guys have to just handle what comes after that?

it is different if the woman stole your sperm from nowhere and used it for ivf,
you deposited the sperm willingly, nature or say biology did its thing, why should the womam be the one to mess up her body after that incidence? In the name of aborting or using pills?
. U don't seem to get it... Having s*e*x is mutual, carrying and birthing a child against the mans consent isn't mutual... The side that made the decision alone should bear the consequences alone... Very simple... The woman doesn't get to mess up her body if its done the right way...... Infact she messes up her body more if she decides to birth the child...
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

there's no right or wrong method when it comes to the human body physiology.
fallopian tubes left alone, uterus not touched, cervices of virgins can be messed up, let alone one that has been tampered with either chemically or physically?

Over-sensationalism. Can't we all agree to fück without bringing human lives into the mess? It's the 21st century. We can now enjoy the pleasures of sëx without the hassle.

A woman that doesn't want a baby by a man won't keep the baby.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Why have s*e*x in the first place? what does s*e*x result to? this is simple logic. Why must a man wait for a woman to protect herself before knowing when to protect himself? If u aint ready for responsiblities, whats stopping you from protection? Are you to be reminded of that as a grown adult?
Let me see, it results to;
(1) Pleasure
(2) Bonding
(3) Payment, etc
Sex isn't solely for childbearing. Your question is open-ended and isn't relevant to this discourse.

Also, is she to be reminded that she's an adult? Doesn't she know that when she's impaled she could get pregnant?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Over-sensationalism. Can't we all agree to fück without bringing human lives into the mess? It's the 21st century. We can now enjoy the pleasures of sëx without the hassle.

A woman that doesn't want a baby by a man won't keep the baby.

well, this woman in this scenario must have weighed her options and she thinks keeping their baby is more good to her than getting rid of the baby.

It's nobody's call to decide whether that conforms with 21st or 12th century......she knows what's best for her and her body. I am not against sex for pleasure only, and I'm not even arguing for or against abortion here, my point is if a man doesn't need a baby, stay away from women or he should protect himself. If all that fails and his seed gets, nature really doesn't leave him with the choice of what happens next-he can only hope he and his sex partner are on the same page.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by thorpido(m): 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . U don't seem to get it... Having s*e*x is mutual, carrying and birthing a child against the mans consent isn't mutual... The side that made the decision alone should bear the consequences alone... Very simple... The woman doesn't get to mess up her body if its don't the right way...... Infact she messes up her body more if she decides to birth the child...
Choosing to have sex as a man which you know can lead to pregnancy makes you culpable.You don't go there in the first place.

I don't know what you mean by a woman messing up her body if she decides to have a baby.Childbirth is a beautiful thing.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
He is not mentally, physically or financially able to support a child but he is mentally and physically ready to sleep with the woman without condom. undecided

Simple, since he is not ready why not always protect himself and save both him and the woman the stress of abortion and all.

He should accept his responsibilities. tomorrow now when the child grows up to become somebody, he will the go back to say he is sorry forgetting how he abandoned the woman and his child, leaving her to suffer in raising the child up without fatherly love and care.

If he is not mentally, physically or financially able to support a child then he should have used protection. Now that it has happened, he should dance to the music and not run away. men take responsibilities, they don't run from it.

Who knows what the child he is asking the woman to abort will become tomorrow sad
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:
If all that fails and his seed gets, nature really doesn't leave him with the choice of what happens next-he can only hope he and his sex partner are on the same page.

Same page; key word. They were on the same page before sëx. She flipped her page after sëx. Don't you think she wanted the baby all along ?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I am exempting women who tie down men with pregnancies here.

i am talking about those who have no such intention.

It will be soooooo foolish of any man to regard sxe*x as as solely for e*j*a*culation. I said it that when conji comes to play most men forget the one big responsibility it brings. This is common sense. Pregnancy is a consequence of s*e*x together with climax. before you have s*e*x you must have the likelihood of pregnancy occuring in mind. If you dnt, you are simply a fool because pregnancy will never occur without a man and woman mating. You can only push the responsibility if the lady in question decides she doesnt need you to care for the child. Perhaps she only wants a child from you. But for you to push it to any other lady simply because she refuses to spoil her female reproductive system just because of your desperation to get an e*j*a*culation shows the biggest height of irresponsibility and shows lack of respect for human life. Advocates like you are not meant to castigate single mothers and ladies who commit abortions. The hypocrisy amongst the likes of you is soooooooo alarming!!!!
. I think its ur inability to comprehend simple logic that is so alarming... Do you plan to get pregnant even when you are sleeping with someone that is not your husband.... If you plan on getting pregnant even if a man isn't ready then you are the fool... The joke is on you... U want a child from the man, d man says no, u go ahead to birth the child and u now want the man to pay.. Hell no, this boat will not sail... Pregnancy does not just happen, when it is not intentional its usually an act of commision or omission as the case may be.. Pregnancy is not the consequence of sex for heavens sake, how many times do I have to say it... Pregnancy is the result of unprotected sex by either sides given that the partners refuse to take corrective measures after the act.... Its not like u have unprotected sex today and put to bed tomorrow... The gestation period was actually given to you to decide whether or not u want the baby given the prevailing circumstances.....nd yes, birth control pills are relatively safe.... As for ur other points, if u see me criticizing single mothers on any thread, call me out... I only correct them when they attempt to pin their predicament on the men.... Except, in r'a p'e cases...

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: Let me see, it results to;
(1) Pleasure
(2) Bonding
(3) Payment, etc
Sex isn't solely for childbearing. Your question is open-ended and isn't relevant to this discourse.

Also, is she to be reminded that she's an adult? Doesn't she know that when she's impaled she could get pregnant?

My question is very pertinent to this discourse because its multi-faceted and interdependent. in fact ive got questions for you.

So why does a man who claims to have a brain exclude pregnancy as a consequence alongside pleasure? Did biology not teach you that when a man mates with a woman, pregnancy is to occur? why the focus on pleasure alone? shows a lack of wisdom on the man's part.

2ndly, why castigate single mothers for being single mothers when the likes of you refuse responsibilities? what does lack of responsibility result to in the first place? Isnt it single motherhood?

3rdly, why castigate ladies who abort? why impose on ladies to give birth 1st before marriage for fear of marrying ladies with punctured wombs? how did the punctured wombs come about? is it not part of cleaning up the mess the likes of you create? So why condemn them for doing your bidding?

4thly, dnt you think focusing on just things that benefit your s*e*xual urges shows a lack of responsibility as a human and lack of respect for hman life? God knows why he made it possible that when a man mates with a woman, a life will be conceived. this is why he specifically gave the gift of s*e*x to married couples alone. He knows that when a life is born within the sacred arrangement of marriage, the child is assured a home when BOTH the man and woman care for the child. This is to show that its MORALLY right for a man to be responsible over his child even when he isnt ready for it.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
thorpido: Choosing to have sex as a man which you know can lead to pregnancy makes you culpable.You don't go there in the first place.

I don't know what you mean by a woman messing up her body if she decides to have a baby.Childbirth is a beautiful thing.
. Nah, dats a flawed argument.... Sex can only lead to pregnancy if the couples let it.... If one person wants to get pregnant then only that person is culpable if she gets pregnant... The other was only there for the fun... If she had told the man she wanted a baby by him, he wouldn't have gone there....As for ur other point, since childbirth is such a beautiful thing, she should enjoy it and let the man be...
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Same page; key word. They were on the same page before sëx. She flipped her page after sëx. Don't you think she wanted the baby all along ?

lol....i doubt most men do have this discussiom before sex
I mean, who really goes to discuss if it turns into a baby or not-isn't getting to cloud 9 the most important thing then?

if there was a discussion before sex, I believe both parties would be on the same page to protect themselves, the man also making sure of it, such that no seed gets deposited in the first place.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . I think its ur inability to comprehend simple logic that is so alarming... Do you plan to get pregnant even when you are sleeping with someone that is not your husband.... If you plan on getting pregnant even if a man isn't ready then you are the fool... The joke is on you... U want a child from the man, d man says no, u go ahead to birth the child and u now want the man to pay.. Hell no, this boat will not sail... Pregnancy does not just happen, when it is not intentional its usually an act of commision or omission as the case may be.. Pregnancy is not the consequence of sex for heavens sake, how many times do I have to say it... Pregnancy is the result of unprotected sex by either sides given that the partners refuse to take corrective measures after the act.... Its not like u have unprotected sex today and put to bed tomorrow... The gestation period was actually given to you to decide whether or not u want the baby given the prevailing circumstances.....nd yes, birth control pills are relatively safe.... As for ur other points, if u see me criticizing single bothers on any thread, call me out... I only correct them when they attempt to pin their predicament on the men.... Except, in r'a p'e cases...

You keep mentioning the fact that men usually are not ready to father a child. How many men outspokenly make it known before s*e*x that they are not ready for responsibilities? How many? when the focus is mainly on e*j*a*c*ulation? Please, i repeat, it only takes a foolish man to forget that the act results to pregnancy. If you aintt ready for it, show it by your actions!!! DO NOT HAVE THE S*E*X!!! Protection fails!!! Shikena!! That is the only way to prove it that you aint ready to father a child!! Absolving yourself of responsibility shows lack of respect for human life. The likes of you should never condemn women who are single mothers since you are part of the reasons why they are so!!!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

I mean, who really goes to discuss if it turns into a baby or not-isn't getting to cloud 9 the most important thing then?

if there was a discussion before sex, I believe both parties would be on the same page to protect themselves, the man also making sure of it, such that no seed gets deposited in the first place.

True, not everyone would discuss babies before sēx. Some men even promise the women marriage just to get sëx.

However, the decision to have a baby outweight those before-sëx-gimmicks. A baby is a potential human being that will be greatly influenced by his/her family.

A baby shouldn't be had out of spite or punishment or having no choice. This toxic single parent/ absent father environment will affect the child immensely.

Nature has put the big decision of keeping a baby with women. Women are emotional being, however.

You wonder why mums are more likely to kill their children than dads.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

The bolded is a point ive been making. How many men outspokenly discuss this before the act? Just imagine the scenerio sef; ' I am not ready to father a child o but i want to have s*e*x with you'. Lolzzzz. No be slap go follow on that his dirty face?? LOL!!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I am not ready to father a child o but i want to have s*e*x with you'. Lolzzzz. No be slap go follow on that his dirty face?? LOL!!

So this has nothing to do with abortion/ethics......you're agreeing that these women actually want the babies?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

You keep mentioning the fact that men usually are not ready to father a child. How many men outspokenly make it known before s*e*x that they are not ready for responsibilities? How many? when the focus is mainly on e*j*a*c*ulation? Please, i repeat, it only takes a foolish man to forget that the act results to pregnancy. If you aintt ready for it, show it by your actions!!! DO NOT HAVE THE S*E*X!!! Protection fails!!! Shikena!! That is the only way to prove it that you aint ready to father a child!! Absolving yourself of responsibility shows lack of respect for human life. The likes of you should never condemn women who are single mothers since you are part of the reasons why they are so!!!
. Bwahahahahaha, where do you live madam He is ur boyfriend, he prolly still in school, he prolly just finished school, he has never told you about marriage, he is too focused on his career... Nd you have sex because u re both in a relationship, do you need a magician to tell you he isn't ready?? He would not be using protection if he wanted a child would he??If protection failed (the protection was to make sure pregnancy doesn't result, does it), you use birth control, I assure you...dat would not fail... if all these fail, then, it aint no coincident... The woman wants a child.. Nd if the woman wants a child nd d man does not, she should bear the cost alone... Ad finito.... Like I said earlier, if u see me condemning single mothers... Call me out...
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

So this has nothing to do with abortion/ethics......you're agreeing that these women actually want the babies?

Re-read my comment again.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

True, not everyone would discuss babies before sēx. Some men even promise the women marriage just to get sëx.

However, the decision to have a baby outweight those before-sëx-gimmicks. A baby is a potential human being that will be greatly influenced by his/her family.

A baby shouldn't be had out of spite or punishment or having no choice. This toxic single parent/ absent father environment will affect the child immensely.

Nature has put the big decision of keeping a baby with women. Women are emotional being, however

You wonder why mums are more likely to kill their children than dads.

My point exactly!
the only time a man has a say is before or during the sex
whatever happens after the sex, he just has to take responsibilities for his actions. Talk about consequences. If however, he is lucky to have a woman who agrees to his demands, all good! If a woman decides not to abort for whatever reason, he don become daddy be that.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Re-read my comment again.

You said, the woman will slap the man if he said he just wants sëx without babies.

So, your point is that these women want the babies?

alutacontinua:
My point exactly!
the only time a man has a say is before or during the sex
whatever happens after the sex, he just has to take responsibilities for his actions. Talk about consequences. If however, he is lucky to have a woman who agrees to his demands, all good! If a woman decides not to abort for whatever reason, he don become daddy be that.

Now becoming a daddy is the issue here. If a man doesn't want to father a child, he won't. The highest the developed countries can do is get child support from the daddies. It's even the mums that spend these child support on themselves.

Is that all the child needs? What about fatherly care ? Discipline ? Love from a father?

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . Bwahahahahaha, where do you live madam He is ur boyfriend, he prolly still in school, he prolly just finished school, he has never told you about marriage, he is too focused on his career... Nd you have sex because u re both in a relationship, do you need a magician to tell you he isn't ready?? He would not be using protection if he wanted a child would he??If protection failed (the protection was to make sure pregnancy doesn't result, does it), you use birth control, I assure you...dat would not fail... if all these fail, then, it aint no coincident... The woman wants a child.. Nd if the woman wants a child nd d man does not, she should bear the cost alone... Ad finito.... Like I said earlier, if u see me condemning single mothers... Call me out...

Birth control fails ooo. And long term use results to undesirable consequences on the female reproductive system. Some pills are very dangerous!! Do you know this at all? Lack of respect for human life and the female anatomy!! Why have the s*e*x? If every man imposes birth control on all ladies they meet, and time to get married comes, you get married and are waiting for kids to come in but there is a delay, why still blame the woman for it? You see how much you lot have rated e*j*a*c*ulation to be of higher value and importance than a human life!!! This your high rating turns around to bite you in the a*s*s!!! No wonder some people still struggle to have kids.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Now becoming a daddy is the issue here. If a man doesn't want to father a child, he won't. The highest the developed countries can do is get child support from the daddies. It's even the mums that spend these child support on themselves.

Is that all the child needs? What about fatherly care ? Discipline ? Love from a father?

and that is the point where we tag them irresponsible. There are men who agree to having the child and still turn out to be irresponsible! If the law can at least squeeze some money outta them, why would I object that? As a matter of fact, there should be a law that dumps irresponsible parents in jail. As long as the dna matches and there is proof that it wasn't rape or stolen sperm (whatever that means), your child is your responsibility!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

You said, the woman will slap the man if he said he just wants sëx without babies.

So, your point is that these women want the babies?

No. Not every female wants the child. which is why abortion is still very high in the country. The slap is as a result of the man absolving himself of responsibility should in case a child comes in. This tells you many men do not discuss this before having s*e*x.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

and that is the point where we tag them irresponsible. There are men who agree to having the child and still turn out to be irresponsible! If the law can at least squeeze some money outta them, why would I object that? As a matter of fact, there should be a law that dumps irresponsible parents in jail. As long as the dna matches and there is proof that it wasn't rape or stolen sperm (whatever that means), your child is your responsibility!

Jail time? Women, Nawa. If you become a president tomorrow that's one of the first bills you'll pass to congress abi? Jail time for irresponsible fathers.

If there was no law squeezing money out of the men, women will make more logical decisions. The law is only promoting single parenthood.

Sophyrocks:
No. Not every female wants the child. which is why abortion is still very high in the country. The slap is as a result of the man absolving himself of responsibility should in case a child comes in. This tells you many men do not discuss this before having s*e*x.

It's good the man is clear about his intentions. The woman should also be clear about her intentions.

Abortion (which is the last option) isn't so bad in the grande scheme.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Jail time? Women, Nawa. If you become a president tomorrow that's one of the first bills you'll pass to congress abi? Jail time for irresponsible fathers.

AND MOTHERS TOO!
I'll pass the bill without blinking cool
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

AND MOTHERS TOO!
I'll pass the bill without blinking cool

That's why you can't be a president. Who'll pay attention to you after reading that hogwash in your manifesto?

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

That's why you can't be a president. Who'll pay attention to you after reading that hogwash in your manifesto?

Lol......
single mothers will wink
you know those who don't mind hanging their baby-daddys anyways tongue
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

It's good the man is clear about the intentions. The woman should also be clear about her intentions.

Abortion (which is the last option) isn't so bad in the grande scheme.
True. When you are clear from the begining, less mistakes will be made. The world would not be in chaos as it is now.

As for abortion, when its done by a qualified professional, it doesnt have any consequences. But there are a lot of quacks all over the place and there is no guarantee that the womb won't get bruised. Cervical cancer is on the rise. So abortion is a No no. Not to talk of the fact that you are being murderer doing it. As long as a life has been formed, its murder.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

Reasonable Support to ensure your child has a reasonable standard of living
Required by force of law, innit?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

As for abortion, when its done by a qualified professional, it doesnt have any consequences. But there are a lot of quacks all over the place and there is no guarantee that the womb won't get bruised. Cervical cancer is on the rise. So abortion is a No no. Not to talk of the fact that you are being murderer doing it. As long as a life has been formed, its murder.

Abortion is a huge topic on it's own. I don't mean to derail, but murderer according to the bible/religion, or according to some constitution ?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: Required by force of law, innit?

No i dont need the law to do right by my kid
Youve not answered my q

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Are u watching Wimbledon...
Just see how Eugenie Bouchard is being blown away by P Kvitova in 2 straight sets... boring

Tomorrow you will see the Titans play

Federer vs Djokovic
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: recreation but there is a potential consequence of that recreational activity
This q only arises as a result of moral decadence

In the old days.. you will wife that girl either as first or second wife
You have ur opinion... i also have mine
lets agree to disagree

it's hilarious this is even up for debate.
what's the percentage of people that are having sex for procreation outside marriage? i am sure it's less than 1%

unmarried people have sex solely for recreation. the difference is that she has control of reproduction, he has none. you seem to think that’s fair. i don’t.

he didn’t cause the condom to break, she didn’t use the pill or an IUD, he and she wasn’t married, neither of them wanted to get pregnant, and he has no right over what she does with her body.

and yet you still think it’s perfectly fair for her to choose to have the child against his wishes and force him to support the child in all circumstances?

you are hilarious!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Ewuro1: 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
"Forced" ?? Was he forced to put his bare Kini during the do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Drags Her Man In Maternity Photoshoot / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! / Wife Catches Her Husband With Side Chick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.