Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (49701 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Abortion is a huge topic on it's own. I don't mean to derail, but murderer according to the bible/religion, or according to some constitution ?

Religion and everything else. what is a woman getting rid of when she aborts?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
Dude... you are barking up the wrong tree
I am not interested in the rightness or wrongness

This was my initial post
hmmm... tough q... but abortion while it can really be convenient and can clear a lot of issues is not as easy as it sounds
It causes untold trauma and can be damaging to the womb

Use protection to avoid problem or better still have sex within a committed relationship or wait till marriage

I am not interested inpower games.. this is a kid we talking about

coogar:

it's hilarious this is even up for debate.
what's the percentage of people that are having sex for procreation outside marriage? i am sure it's less than 1%

unmarried people have sex solely for recreation. the difference is that she has control of reproduction, he has none. you seem to think that’s fair. i don’t.

he didn’t cause the condom to break, she didn’t use the pill or an IUD, he and she weren’t married, neither of them wanted to get pregnant, and he has no right over what she does with her body.

and yet you still think it’s perfectly fair for her to choose to have the child against his wishes and force him to support the child in all circumstances?

you are hilarious!

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

the bolded is saying she should start taking responsibilities for the man. Protect yourself cos I don't wanna have a baby, which adult does that? Why not protect MYSELF cos I don't wanna have a baby?
mbanu, bolded is saying, you're the woman, you're responsible for whatever goes on in your body during sex except you've been rayped.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1: "Forced" ?? Was he forced to put his bare Kini during the do?

so because a man desires to sleep with a woman means he wants her to be a mother of his children? what kinda logic is this?

sex between unmarried people is for recreation. why would a woman think otherwise that sex automatically means her partner wants a child?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

well, this woman in this scenario must have weighed her options and she thinks keeping their baby is more good to her than getting rid of the baby.
Oh, please, since it was a unilateral decision, she should be ready to bear it's consequences.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Ewuro1: 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

so because a man desires to sleep with a woman means he wants her to be a mother of his children? what kinda logic is this?

sex between unmarried people is for recreation. why would a woman think otherwise that sex automatically means her partner wants a child?

Ewuro1: "Forced" ?? Was he forced to put his bare Kini during the do?

See bolded ^^ - stop pussyfooting around the truth Coogar, every Adult should be responsible for their own Reckless actions ...

By the way where have you been , missed you plenty grin

#PRO LIFE
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: mbanu, bolded is saying, you're the woman, you're responsible for whatever goes on in your body during sex except you've been rayped.

a woman doesn't have sex with herself, does she?
sex brings 2 people together, that very moment-2 bodies are involved, and both are responsible for the outcome of that 'moment'.

It really would have been a different case if there's always a discussion before sex, say a written agreement by both parties as to what happens with the product/non-product of their session. But we all know the power of konji na grin cheesy wink
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: Oh, please, since it was a unilateral decision, she should be ready to bear it's consequences.

bro.. u never answer my q
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

. Nna, dats d simple fact I have been hammering on since....... The thing tire me oh, so if any man sleeps with his girlfriend, he is indirectly telling her he wants a child....
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

a woman doesn't have sex with herself, does she?
sex brings 2 people together, that very moment-2 bodies are involved, and both are responsible for the outcome of that 'moment'.

It really would have been a different case if there's always a discussion before sex, say a written agreement by both parties as to what happens with the product/non-product of their session. But we all know the power of konji na grin cheesy wink
. Kia, so when a man does not state categorically that he doesn't want a baby, u automatically assume that he wants one.... Infact I don tire for this thing.... How many men have you slept with and how many children do you have now?? Answer sharp sharp, so we can move on.....

4 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: Oh, please, since it was a unilateral decision, she should be ready to bear it's consequences.

naaaahhhhhhhh.......at that point when the man spills, he becomes responsible for whatever happens after. That's the point where we put it to the man that there are consequences for his action (spilling). The decision becomes unilateral from that point on (blame that on mother nature), but the man cannot exempt himself again, well, except he's able to convince the other party.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

It really would have been a different case if there's always a discussion before sex, say a written agreement by both parties as to what happens with the product/non-product of their session .But we all know the power of konji na grin cheesy wink

That should be the bill you pass first; not jailing irresponsible fathers.

Sophyrocks:
Religion and everything else. what is a woman getting rid of when she aborts?

A bunch of cells that lack consciousness.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
If you cannot father a child, why have s*e*x ooooooooooooo? Is your e*j*a*c*u*lation much more important than a child that would result from it? Why do all y'all subtract a child from the s*e*x? Na wa o. How do you people reason sef?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: Dude... you are barking up the wrong tree
I am not interested in the rightness or wrongness

so it doesn't have to be right, we should just take the moral grounds because a kid is involved. you are reaching.....

This was my initial post
I am not interested inpower games.. this is a kid we talking about

then you shouldn't be on this thread cos the OP is interested in why men are made to pay for a child he didn't want from the outset......

my stance is men should not pay. if an unplanned pregnancy occurs that a man is not interested in participating in, a woman should get rid of it. point - blank - period!

why would any woman want to have a baby with a dude that doesn't want to be a dad? it's unfair to all parties involved including the child. i don’t know how many other women are in the business of forcing parenthood onto men, but it's the most disgusting selfish behaviour on this planet.

women should spare me all this crap that they can't get an abortion. they can! as we speak millions of women are undergoing abortion process. where were all these morals when they were having irresponsible sex with an unfit partner? all of a sudden she's religious the moment she conceived?

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Ewuro1: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . Nna, dats d simple fact I have been hammering on since....... The thing tire me oh, so if any man sleeps with his girlfriend, he is indirectly telling her he wants a child....

Keep hammering on it without protection and when e don happen( preggy) blame the lady en ? .. Gosh njokusboy you're a coldhearted mean carnivore !
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1:

See bolded ^^ - stop pussyfooting around the truth Coogar, every Adult should be responsible for their own Reckless actions ...

#PRO LIFE
. He wasn't forced to put his BARE kini, she didn't cover her bare kini either.... Owk dat one haff pass... they both did not cover their bare kini... Now take medicine to clean up the bare kini mess, she said no, she now missed her period, clean it up, she still said no.... Whose recklessness is it now? At that point sef, its not even recklessness, its become intentional... So why bother the man?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1:

Keep hammering on it without protection and when e don happen( preggy) blame the lady en ? .. Gosh njokusboy you're a coldhearted mean carnivore !

Aren't they both enjoying the hammering? You make it sound like sëx is only pleasurable to men.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
These are well worn and well argued positions but dont reflect the issues on ground

A child is in the picture

what should a man do

answer

coogar:

so it doesn't have to be right, we should just take the moral grounds because a kid is involved. you are reaching.....

then you shouldn't be on this thread cos the OP is interested in why men are made to pay for a child he didn't want from the outset......

my stance is men should not pay. if an unplanned pregnancy occurs that a man is not interested in participating in, a woman should get rid of it. point - blank - period!

why would any woman want to have a baby with a dude that doesn't want to be a dad? it's unfair to all parties involved including the child. i don’t know how many other women are in the business of forcing parenthood onto men, but it's the most disgusting selfish behaviour on this planet.

women should spare me all this crap that they can't get an abortion. they can! as we speak millions of women are undergoing abirtion process. where were all these morals when they were having irresponsible sex with an unfit partner? all of a sudden she's religious the moment she conceived?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . Kia, so when a man does not state categorically that he doesn't want a baby, u automatically assume that he wants one.... Infact I don tire for this thing.... How many men have you slept with and how many children do you have now?? Answer sharp sharp, so we can move on.....

Why do I have to be assuming for a full-fledged adult?
what happened to expressly communicating his desire before the deed and let us reach an agreement?

What does it matter how many men I've slept with? You wanno sleep with me too? wink tongue
and yes, if you're cute and smart, I might just decide to keep our baby tongue

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

That should be the bill you pass first; not jailing irresponsible fathers.

A bunch of cells that lack consciousness.

No wonder!! but when you are ready to have a child after marriage, it becomes a life to you ba? It becomes a life that has consciousness abi? The bolded shows A HUGE LACK OF RESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE on your part!!

Im shocked!!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1:

#PRO LIFE

his condom could have broken! he could have been lied to that she was on the pill or all sort of fraudulent schemes women deploy when they want to force parenthood on a man.

i went to chibok to bringbackthegirls!

njokusboy: . Kia, so when a man does not state categorically that he doesn't want a baby, u automatically assume that he wants one.... Infact I don tire for this thing.... How many men have you slept with and how many children do you have now?? Answer sharp sharp, so we can move on.....

don't mind the fraudulent gits!
when women are forced to have sex by criminals or addle-brained men. they know their way to the clinic to get rid of the debris.....

however, the moment the guy is well-to-do or he's got the potential, then abortion becomes a taboo in their dictionary. that's when they will remember what their pastor told them about abortion - arrant nonsense!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Ewuro1: 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . He wasn't forced to put his BARE kini, she didn't cover her bare kini either.... Owk dat one haff pass... they both did not cover their bare kini... Now take medicine to clean up the bare kini mess, she said no, she now missed her period, clean it up, she still said no.... Whose recklessness is it now? At that point sef, its not even recklessness, its become intentional... So why bother the man?

Before you twist this argument to boy vs girl, Please note that the lady is not exempted from this.

But

He has no right to make that call to take a life.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: These are well worn and well argued positions but dont reflect the issues on ground
A child is in the picture
what should a man do
answer

a child doesn't just come into the picture. my condom just broke & the deed is already done......

i have no control from that point henceforth. the woman still has plenty of control. morning after pills can still be administered, there are enough injections she could take to get rid even before she misses her next period.

in the eventuality that all these methods fail, there's abortion process. why do women not take these measures? if she carries the baby to term while i have registered my complaints that i ain't ready for the child then she should bear the cost. the man should never ever be forced by the courts to pay a dime on what he didn't want.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Ewuro1: 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Aren't they both enjoying the hammering? You make it sound like sëx is only pleasurable to men.

But OP question was posed to men? Maybe your question should be to OP. undecided

They both should be ready to raise a kid they both created.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Ewuro1: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

his condom could have broken! he could have been lied to that she was on the pill or all sort of fraudulent schemes women deploy when they want to force parenthood on a man.

i went to chibok to bringbackthegirls!

Could've , should've , would've .. The COOG , welcome back!! grin
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1:

. There we go again, d name calling, the victim game, the touchy remarks aimed at giving men a bad name... U re a goat, u re a dog, u re wicked, u re selfish... Bla bla bla..... Do I feel guilty, hell no I don't.... I only feel guilty when I do something wrong... Gone are those days when such cheap lines are allowed to influence people..... Can't women use protection? Why was female condom invented.... I don't blame the lady, she made a decision to have a baby against my consent... Am only saying she should bear the cost alone... Nd if this simple logic makes me a cold blooded male carnivore, I care little about the stereotype..... Lolzzz, you make it seem like I am having an affair with a 5 year old....... On the other hand, what does that make you, who wants a man to pay for ur decision?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

No wonder!! but when you are ready to have a child after marriage, it becomes a life to you ba? It becomes a life that has consciousness abi? The bolded shows A HUGE LACK OF RESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE on your part!!

Im shocked!!

Ok, ok let's slow down. You're coming at me with too many emotions.

When I'm ready to have a child after marriage, it's still a bunch of cells that lack conscious until the baby is born and well developed. Married couples do abort. Plus, I don't remember what happened when I was in the womb.

I don't lack respect for human life. More like, I'm very logical. I can also make the argument that you lack respect for human life since you use condoms; and condoms kill sperms, the basis of human life.

4 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

a child doesn't just come into the picture. my condom just broke & the deed is already done......

i have no control from that point henceforth. the woman still has plenty of control. morning after pills can still be administered, there are enough injections she could take to get rid even before she misses her next period.

in the eventuality that all these methods fail, there's abortion process. why do women not take these measures? if she carries the baby to term while i have registered my complaints that i ain't ready for the child then she should bear the cost. the man should never ever be forced by the courts to pay a dime on what he didn't want.

ok....u talk as if abortion is just akin to a bandaid on a cut
No problem though... i dont blame u ..na all this pro choice army that have likened it as such

Im looking at it from the angle at what is best for society

im surprised its the so called feminists arguing against abortion however

Babe!.. im enjoying your arguments.. very logical...
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1:

Before you twist this argument to boy vs girl, Please note that the lady is not exempted from this.

But

. Take what life?? The cell What was ur grade in biology?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1:

But

Blame the pro choicers
They thought they won Roe V wade
See wat society has become

The law states that until a child is 24 weeks or so.. those clump of cells are a non person and an alien to the woman
She has the right to eject

CHOICE.. dont be sentimental on this issue
its the consequences we have to bear

teenagers can access abortion pretty easily
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

Why do I have to be assuming for a full-fledged adult?
what happened to expressly communicating his desire before the deed and let us reach an agreement?

What does it matter how many men I've slept with? You wanno sleep with me too? wink tongue
and yes, if you're cute and smart, I might just decide to keep our baby tongue
. Lmao, I was actually heading somewhere.... If any man u sleep with wants to have a child since he didn't say otherwise, dat means u have quite a number of babies..... Oya answer the question, how many cute smart men have u slept with?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

Blame the pro choicers
They thought they won Roe V wade
See wat society has become

The law states that until a child is 24 weeks or so.. those clump of cells are a non person and an alien to the woman
She has the right to eject

CHOICE.. dont be sentimental on this issue
its the consequences we have to bear

teenagers can access abortion pretty easily
. I was waiting for her to answer the question...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Wife Catches Her Husband With Side Chick / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! / Woman Gives Birth To Snake In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.