Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (49739 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
Tannie:

If you don't want a child, then abstain from sex or use protection.
Simple!! BUT;

1) Condoms break.

2) Pills in the long run have negative effects in a female's reproductive system. Many pills have been blacklisted to be avoided at all costs by females. Reason infertility is on the rise.

The best is abstinance.

6 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

So lets take your line of thought

You said u dont want the child
The woman is not ready to take the risk of abortion
What next?
Oga mi, I already said it's best handled before it gets to the abortion phase. To the best of my knowledge, you have about 48hours or more after copulation to render sperm cells ineffective. Why, during this period would the woman in question not do the needful? It's not like conception occurs immediately after ejaculatiion.

Per abortion, to each their own, if it's got to that point it's probably because;
(a) Contraception has failed even though applied
(b) She has chosen to have that child.

If a, the guy could be forced/mandated to since, it's unwanted by both and it would be unfair for one party to be saddled with cleaning up the mess of both parties.
If b, then she shouldn't expect sympathy from the guy.

In both cases, still, the guy's got seed round, it would be irresponsible to neglect that. But then there's more leeway in scenario b. smiley
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
egopersonified: If he doesnt want the child, he sure can go to blazes, but dont come back years later or when the child is successful claimin paternity, just know that the day u reject that child, s/he should be dead to you, and dont go about boasting of having a baby and keeping pictures in your phone, showing off to people for a child you dont know if he ate the night before. I rest my case.
Relax, woman. This is a hypothetical case thread. No need getting emotional. The purpose is education, not a gender war. wink

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

Bull shit!
the only thing she consented to was sex, not your dictations of what to do with her body. If she chooses to clean up your mess (and I mean both of you), excellente! If she decides not to go through that much risk to clean up your mess, you just have to deal with it!

it's just like saying you know the 2 of you have messed up but now, she should bear all the risks associated with cleaning up. LAILAI! It doesn't work that way.....if you're man enough to get an erection followed by an ejaculation, be man enough to father a baby!

thanks!
. Crap, crap, crap.... You said on one hand she decides what to do with her body and on the other you said the man should pay for what she decides to do with her body... Does that even make sense If she decides she wants to give birth to a child, it then isn't mutual... She then should bear the consequences of her decision alone.... Nd the mess up isn't even equal because she messed up alone when she decided she wasn't gonna clean the mess...

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

Should a man be responsible for his child... hell yes
That is what a man does

Yes, yes and yes. But she he be forced to cater for the child when he didn't want one in the first instance?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . Crap, crap, crap.... You said on one hand she decides what to do with her body and on the other you said the man should pay for what she decides to do with her body... Does that even make sense If she decides she wants to give birth to a child, it then isn't mutual... She then should bear the consequences of her decision alone.... Nd the mess up isn't even equal because she messed up alone when she decided she wasn't gonna clean the mess...

If she is to bear the consequences alone, why have s*e*x with her? Will a lady suddenly produce sperm to fertilize her eggs all by herself? who poured the sperm into her?

5 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

it's a possibility.....one that a sensible fisherman would be careful to avoid, if it however happens, we cannot expect the fishes to rescue the fisherman, would we?
. Crap again, a real fisherman doesn't consider the possibility of getting drowned... He should be a good swimmer,,, falling into the river is a possibility but a real fisherman would know how to ensure such does not happen and swim to safety if it does happen...He won't watch himself drown.... Hope u can link it....
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
Some of y'all are pushing the blames on the woman. So why castigate single mothers when some of your folks have turned them that way by their lack of taking responsibilities? So what do you want a woman to do? Your hypocrisy is soooooooooo alarming in this thread!!!

4 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 1:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
ok.. however as I stated earlier.. birth control does fail too and has physiological effects on the womans body

That is why my default position is protection

I think we r agreed now

fresh_dude: Oga mi, I already said it's best handled before it gets to the abortion phase. To the best of my knowledge, you have about 48hours or more after copulation to render sperm cells ineffective. Why, during this period would the woman in question not do the needful? It's not like conception occurs immediately after ejaculatiion.

Per abortion, to each their own, if it's got to that point it's probably because;
(a) Contraception has failed even though applied
(b) She has chosen to have that child.

If a, the guy could be forced/mandated to since, it's unwanted by both and it would be unfair for one party to be saddled with cleaning up the mess of both parties.
If b, then she shouldn't expect sympathy from the guy.

In both cases, still, the guy's got seed round, it would be irresponsible to neglect that. But then there's more leeway in scenario b. smiley
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Tallesty1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
Tannie:

If you don't want a child, then abstain from sex or use protection.
Very Simple.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

Bull shiit!
the only thing she consented to was sex, not your dictations of what to do with her body. If she chooses to clean up your mess (and I mean both of you), excellente! If she decides not to go through that much risk to clean up your mess, you just have to deal with it!

it's just like saying you know the 2 of you have messed up but now, she should bear all the risks associated with cleaning up. LAILAI! It doesn't work that way.....if you're man enough to get an erection followed by an ejaculation, be man enough to father a baby!

thanks!
This is ridiculous madam, especially the part in bold. Are you saying she wouldn't know sex leads to pregnancy whether there's been an ejaculatiion or not? You don't have to eejaculate to impregnate a woman. And since it's her body she should be more careful who she let's in and how she handles sex. Does she not expect to get pregnant when she's mating? Come on! If she knows the guy doesn't want a baby, she should not let him eejaculate in her, let him even penetrate or even sneeze near her. Simple! If she's desperate for a baby, she should find a man who shares her desires.

If she chooses not to have an abortion even when she already knew she could get pregnant and didn't take precauions, that's on her. The guy should not be forced but, he should handle his business. He's got some blame by associating with the wrong kind woman, if he's responsible he should father his child

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: Yes, yes and yes. But she he be forced to cater for the child when he didn't want one in the first instance?

A man does not need to be forced to take care of his child
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . Crap again, a real fisherman doesn't consider the possibility of getting drowned... He should be a good swimmer,,, falling into the river is a possibility but a real fisherman would know how to ensure such does not happen and swim to safety if it does happen...He won't watch himself drown.... Hope u can link it....
You have not answered my question!! you are dodging. if you dnt want responsibilities, why create them? its a simple question.

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

exactly my point!
a man that doesn't want the baby should protect HIMSELF BY HIMSELF!
you don't have the right to tell another person what to do with their body just because you had sex.

if I wanna have sex with a guy and he insists on no protection, I cannot force a condom on him, can I? I either walk away or protect myself. Unfortunately, nature hasn't given you guys the luxury of what happens after the baby is deposited, your best bet is to prevent the deposition in the first place. After that, you have no say again than to accept what follows.

I'm fine, sweets!
you?
I'm not saying he shouldn't care for the child, I'm saying he shouldn't be forced to.

I'm good too. Weekend kinda boring though.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
swag loverss: If a man tells woman to get an abortion and she refuses, why should he be forced to pay child support?

For instance, a man impregnated a woman and decides that he is not mentally, physically or financially able to support a child and tells the mother to go get an abortion and the woman refuses, why should the man have to pay child support?.

I mean if a woman decides to keep the baby, that's her decision, not the man's. The man made it clear that he didn't want the child then why should he have to take care of the child since it was the woman who wanted to keep it and not him?

Men shouldn't be forced to pay for kids they don't want. The bulk of responsibility lies with the woman when it comes to sëx-without-babies. If the condoms fails, she's responsible to take care of the rest.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by egopersonified(f): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: Relax, woman. This is a hypothetical case thread. No need getting emotional. The purpose is education, not a gender war. wink

Agreed it is, but bare in mind that someone reading this now or ten years from now is in this boat and would want to justify his decision. So I had to spit it out.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by MadCow1: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
swag loverss: If a man tells woman to get an abortion and she refuses, why should he be forced to pay child support?

For instance, a man impregnated a woman and decides that he is not mentally, physically or financially able to support a child and tells the mother to go get an abortion and the woman refuses, why should the man have to pay child support?.

I mean if a woman decides to keep the baby, that's her decision, not the man's. The man made it clear that he didn't want the child then why should he have to take care of the child since it was the woman who wanted to keep it and not him?

If you decide to go ahead and birth the child despite the objections of the Man, you assume sole responsibility for the child.

If much later the man decides he is now ready to bear the responsibility of the child, the option of allowing him back into the mix is solely dependent on the mother of the child until the child turns 18, when the child can now grant his/her father access to her life.

Now legally, a Man is responsible for his child wether he likes it or not. As long as the child carries his DNA, he is responsible for the child because the law considers that child to be a victim of the circumstances of his or her birth and thus should be protected. So legally, a Man is responsible for his child wether he likes it or not.

#My10Cents.

6 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

A man does not need to be forced to take care of his child
What do you call "child support".
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: This is ridiculous madam, especially the part in bold. Are you saying she wouldn't know sex leads to pregnancy whether there's been an ejaculatiion or not? You don't have to eejaculate to impregnate a woman. And since it's her body she should be more careful who she let's in and how she handles sex. Does she not expect to get pregnant when she's mating? Come on! If she knows the guy doesn't want a baby, she should not let him eejaculate in her, let him even penetrate or even sneeze near her. Simple! If she's desperate for a baby, she should find a man who shares her desires.

If she chooses not to have an abortion even when she already knew she could get pregnant and didn't take precauions, that's on her. The guy should not be forced but, he should handle his business. He's got some blame by associating with the wrong kind woman, if he's responsible he should father his child

Why have s*e*x in the first place? what does s*e*x result to? this is simple logic. Why must a man wait for a woman to protect herself before knowing when to protect himself? If u aint ready for responsiblities, whats stopping you from protection? Are you to be reminded of that as a grown adult?

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

You miss my point.. condoms are almost always foolproof... yes there are instances of mistakes... yes.. but not common

Should a man be responsible for his child... hell yes. That is what a man does

But i am not interested in a long debate on the merits and demerits of feminism vs paternity now
That is why i advocate for protection or avoidance of sex

i will just pretend i didn't read this comment - especially coming from you. are you kidding me? sex between unmarried people is almost always for recreation not procreation - don't mix the two together. just like a man ought to have protected himself, a woman should protect herself too from any accident.

if the precautions fail......then they have to unanimously get the same verdict: keep the baby or abort it there should never be one saying yes & the other saying no. just like i have no say in what a woman does with her body, she shouldn't have any say to what i do with my wallet. it goes both ways.

a man should not be forced to pay any dime to a baby he never wanted in the first place. there's no accidental pregnancy - only a foolish man would believe such nonsense - women who get pregnant & see the baby to term had it premeditatedly planned out.

3 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: What do you call "child support".

Reasonable Support to ensure your child has a reasonable standard of living
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

If she is to bear the consequences alone, why have s*e*x with her? Will a lady suddenly produce sperm to fertilize her eggs all by herself? who poured the sperm into her?
. The right to fvck or not to is solely bestowed on d woman, someone said that on this forum.. When a man sleeps with a woman, he doesn't do so because he wants to be a father... When people are not married, s*e*x is an end not a means to an end... Cl'I'm'ax is the ultimate goal and not procreation... If a man has unprotected s*e*x nd d woman allows him sleep with nd she doesn't protect herself too, they both share the blame... That is stage one, if the man decides that she needed to use birth control and the woman says no.. The blame on the woman becomes 80%, if she then misses her period and still doesn't wanna take it off even when the man has made it clear he doesn't wanna be a father.. The blame becomes 100% on the woman... If, as it happens in some cases, the woman deliberately gets pregnant to tie the man down, it is then 150% the womans fault.... Why then should the man share in the pain if he doesn't want to..

4 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2014
recreation but there is a potential consequence of that recreational activity
This q only arises as a result of moral decadence

In the old days.. you will wife that girl either as first or second wife

You have ur opinion... i also have mine

lets agree to disagree
coogar:

i will just pretend i didn't read this comment - especially coming from you. are you kidding me? sex between unmarried people is almost always for recreation not procreation - don't mix the two together. just like a man ought to have protected himself, a woman should protect herself too from any accident.

if the precautions fail......then they have to unanimously get the same verdict: keep the baby or abort it there should never be one saying yes & the other saying no. just like i have no say in what a woman does with her body, she shouldn't have any say to what i do with my wallet. it goes both ways.

a man should not be forced to pay any dime to a baby he never wanted in the first place. there's no accidental pregnancy - only a foolish man would believe such nonsense - women who get pregnant & see the baby to term had it premeditatedly planned out.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . Crap, crap, crap.... You said on one hand she decides what to do with her body and on the other you said the man should pay for what she decides to do with her body... Does that even make sense If she decides she wants to give birth to a child, it then isn't mutual... She then should bear the consequences of her decision alone.... Nd the mess up isn't even equal because she messed up alone when she decided she wasn't gonna clean the mess...

Having sex was a mutual decision
sex led to pregnancy-she didn't mix the sperm and egg together herself, nature did what it has to do, you guys have to just handle what comes after that?

it is different if the woman stole your sperm from nowhere and used it for ivf,
you deposited the sperm willingly, nature or say biology did its thing, why should the womam be the one to mess up her body after that incidence? In the name of aborting or using pills?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

Having sex was a mutual decision
sex led to pregnancy-she didn't mix the sperm and egg together herself, nature did what it has to do, you guys have to just handle what comes after that?

it is different if the woman stole your sperm from nowhere and used it for ivf,
you deposited the sperm willingly, nature or say biology did its thing, why should the womam be the one to mess up her body after that incidence? In the name of aborting or using pills?

Your body won't get messed up if you go about the process the right way.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: This is ridiculous madam, especially the part in bold. Are you saying she wouldn't know sex leads to pregnancy whether there's been an ejaculatiion or not? You don't have to eejaculate to impregnate a woman. And since it's her body she should be more careful who she let's in and how she handles sex. Does she not expect to get pregnant when she's mating? Come on! If she knows the guy doesn't want a baby, she should not let him eejaculate in her, let him even penetrate or even sneeze near her. Simple! If she's desperate for a baby, she should find a man who shares her desires.

the bolded is saying she should start taking responsibilities for the man. Protect yourself cos I don't wanna have a baby, which adult does that? Why not protect MYSELF cos I don't wanna have a baby?

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

there's no right or wrong method when it comes to the human body physiology.
fallopian tubes left alone, uterus not touched, cervices of virgins can be messed up, let alone one that has been tampered with either chemically or physically?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . The right to fvck or not to is solely bestowed on d woman, someone said that on this forum.. When a man sleeps with a woman, he doesn't do so because he wants to be a father... When people are not married, s*e*x is an end not a means to an end... Cl'I'm'ax is the ultimate goal and not procreation... If a man has unprotected s*e*x nd d woman allows him sleep with nd she doesn't protect herself too, they both share the blame... That is stage one, if the man decides that she needed to use birth control and the woman says no.. The blame on the woman becomes 80%, if she then misses her period and still doesn't wanna take it off even when the man has made it clear he doesn't wanna be a father.. The blame becomes 100% on the woman... If, as it happens in some cases, the woman deliberately gets pregnant to tie the man down, it is then 150% the womans fault.... Why then should the man share in the pain if he doesn't want to..

I am exempting women who tie down men with pregnancies here.

i am talking about those who have no such intention.

It will be soooooo foolish of any man to regard sxe*x as as solely for e*j*a*culation. I said it that when conji comes to play most men forget the one big responsibility it brings. This is common sense. Pregnancy is a consequence of s*e*x together with climax. before you have s*e*x you must have the likelihood of pregnancy occuring in mind. If you dnt, you are simply a fool because pregnancy will never occur without a man and woman mating. You can only push the responsibility if the lady in question decides she doesnt need you to care for the child. Perhaps she only wants a child from you. But for you to push it to any other lady simply because she refuses to spoil her female reproductive system just because of your desperation to get an e*j*a*culation shows the biggest height of irresponsibility and shows lack of respect for human life. Advocates like you are not meant to castigate single mothers and ladies who commit abortions. The hypocrisy amongst the likes of you is soooooooo alarming!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
egopersonified:

Agreed it is, but b][bear in mind that someone reading this now or ten years from now is in this boat and would want to justify his decision[/b]. So I had to spit it out.
Well, any man who values human life and has any pride in himself would take care of his seed.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by nipeks001(m): 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua:

here!
I mean, it's simple logic.
you cannot make me do abortion if I don't want to, that is a decision I have to make on my own. The decision we both made, which is have consensual sex is what we should both deal with.
Exactly!,that's the point!.Only you Make the decision of getting pregnant, having babies or not and only you should carry and take the responsibilities that comes along with it!.......Ya dig now?!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

How will you go about the process the right way without altering the female reproductive system?

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
nipeks001: Exactly!,that's the point!.Only you Make the decision of getting pregnant, having babies or not and only you should carry and take the responsibilities that comes along with it!.......Ya dig now?!

now, that is shelving your responsibilities.....
the baby is the product of your labour, ya know? wink

it will be different if the woman can impregnate herself.....you impregnated her, that was something you BOTH did!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Snake In Umuahia / Can The Marriage Last? (disturbing Photo) / Pastor, Funke Adejumo Teaches Women How To Be Sexy For Their Husbands At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.