Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped (72464 Views)

Live Scores Of The Revamped Nigeria Premier League Aka Glo Premier League / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 10:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
chic2pimp:

What a load of poppycocks!. There was no "Roll of the dice" involved. All we saw out there was pre planned and well executed and for that I give kudos to the Ferrari team. However don't try and pull the wool over our eyes by trying to explain the obvious when It was plain and clear for all to see.

Tbh I could give 2 flying f!@$s about those aforementioned drivers as it happened in the past. I'm dealing with "Now" and the present.

Nothing wrong in favouring your Numero uno driver just dont trying being clever by a half by trying to explain away gibberish. Be proud and stand by your decisions.
If only you know how LeClerc's loss hurt me and how much I want Vettel sacked!

I did not make the decision with them and they themselves say it wasn't planned. And not that I believe them or not, I'm just unlike you, not quick to assume to know what you can not possibly know.

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
chic2pimp:

Ferrari clearly gifted Vettel the win in a race He had no business winning. The poor sod that is LeClerc could not even hide His frustration over the team radio and I can hand on heart say I would have done the same thing.
Una double standards dey smell. Where was this take when Leclerc reneged on his agreement during the Monza qualifier where he was supposed to provide the tow for Vettel in their second run knowing fully well Vettel provided the tow Leclerc used to set his time for Pole at Monza.

Una no talk about Ferrari one or two that time.

It was a gamble that worked. Had it backfired nobody would cough now and Vettel would have been ripped as usual. Let the man enjoy his hard earned W

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2019
Leclerc is an ingrate. The same Leclerc that Seb played wingman for and helped him score a W for in Belgium by holding Hamilton long enough for him to have enough of an advantage.Why wasn't he complaining then? Smh
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 23, 2019
A40:
Leclerc is an ingrate. The same Leclerc that Seb played wingman for and helped him score a W for in Belgium by holding Hamilton long enough for him to have enough of an advantage.Why wasn't he complaining then? Smh
ajakaja40 cheesy grin the man who speaks from both sides of his smelly mouth.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:05am On Sep 24, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
ajakaja40 cheesy grin the man who speaks from both sides of his smelly mouth.
Shut up your mouth you obtuse douchegoblin. I don't know why you always froth in the mouth like a camel in heat whenever you see my posts
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 2:51am On Sep 26, 2019
A terrible strategy call from Mercedes. I was thinking...like what da...

Anyway, this should please them haters of F1, at least we've had different winners in the last few races now.

Russia, here we come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2019
Oh the war at Ferrari is on now.... Vettel was obviously faster during the race and now we can see Leclerc cracking under pressure (whining on radio like a lil biatch), while the Mercs drove off to easily win this race (that Ferrari was clear favourite to win)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mercedes, from Singapore's disaster strategy class to an "all star align with the moon" bold and fantastic strategy call in Russia. Starting with the medium tyres was great but absolutely expecting a safety car to benefit them was insane. You could see the wide grin of Toto's face. grin

A thoroughly enjoyable race and if you have never been to Sochi, please make sure you do. It is a fantastic place.

Ferrari though? What is to say that Seb didn't do something funny with the car huh? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
Pretty weird flex. I'm wondering what agreement needed to be put in place when all Seb had to really do was follow Leclerc's tow. Had Leclerc not provided the tow his first place would be in danger anyway with Hamilton running beside him so would not make any sense either way

If Seb reneged on a hitherto agreement then that is very poor form on his part and I won't be surprised if Ferrari did something to his engine as punishment for not falling in line.

Still I'm wondering why Leclerc himself was so slow. Seb was goneee. He would have had to slow down and yet again inadvertently bring Hamilton back into play

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Oh the war at Ferrari is on now.... Vettel was obviously faster during the race and now we can see Leclerc cracking under pressure (whining on radio like a lil biatch), while the Mercs drove off to easily win this race (that Ferrari was clear favourite to win)
They opened dustbin and jumped inside it.
Made me sick!
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
A40:
Pretty weird flex. I'm wondering what agreement needed to be put in place when all Seb had to really do was follow Leclerc's tow. Had Leclerc not provided the tow his first place would be in danger anyway with Hamilton running beside him so would not make any sense either way

If Seb reneged on a hitherto agreement then that is very poor form on his part and I won't be surprised if Ferrari did something to his engine as punishment for not falling in line.

Still I'm wondering why Leclerc himself was so slow. Seb was goneee. He would have had to slow down and yet again inadvertently bring Hamilton back into play
I want him fired. He is destabilising the team. Ferrari in fact need a stronger boss! Gone are the days of "we shall be discussing your contract Vettel!"

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/27726982/how-vettel-defied-ferrari-means-future

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2019
A40:

ajakaja40 say it as it is your Lord and mentor is a fraud.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
budaatum:

They opened dustbin and jumped inside it.
Made me sick!

They thought they could outsmart Mercedes and their medium tyres strategy, but were outsmarted/played by one of their own...

Sadly they are handing this championship to the Mercs without a fight... as the only one who could have challenged Ham today was Vettel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2019
A40:

budaatum:

I want him fired. He is destabilising the team. Ferrari in fact need a stronger boss! Gone are the days of "we shall be discussing your contract Vettel!"

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/27726982/how-vettel-defied-ferrari-means-future

But Vettel WAS faster, there is no question about it, and would have pass Leclerc anyway.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

But Vettel WAS faster, there is no question about it, and would have pass Leclerc anyway.
No he wouldn't have. It's Sochi. A hard track to pass. Read how the slipstream works.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

They thought they could outsmart Mercedes and their medium tyres strategy, but were outsmarted/played by one of their own...

Sadly they are handing this championship to the Mercs without a fight... as the only one who could have challenged Ham today was Vettel.
No one had to challenge Ham, he would have followed Vettel in third, but just got handed Merc a 1 2!
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2019
budaatum:

No one had to challenge Ham, he would have followed Vettel in third, but just got handed Merc a 1 2!

Ferrari knew that Ham was in touch with their speed and on medium tyres, thus he would have been in front after they (both Ferrari) had pitted and he would have stayed in front if a safety car was deployed (which is exactly what happened).... but Vettel had the better car today, and would have been the one with a chance at the end if baba Ijebu (or better yet, let's call it "Ferrari sabotage" ) didn't come.into play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Ferrari knew that Ham was in touch with their speed and on medium tyres, thus he would have been in front after they (both Ferrari) had pitted and he would have stayed in front if a safety car was deployed (which is exactly what happened).... but Vettel had the better car today, and would have been the one with a chance at the end if baba Ijebu (or better yet, let's call it "Ferrari sabotage" ) didn't come.into play.
Love the "ifs", and the "Ferrari sabotage" lol.
Some of us call it the 'motor racing gods'.

But we'll see. Truth always outs in the data.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 12:06am On Sep 30, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
ajakaja40 say it as it is your Lord and mentor is a fraud.
Fuq off my mentions you wasteman.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 12:16am On Sep 30, 2019
budaatum:

The way I see it they called for a swap far too early in the race. Why not wait till the first pitstop or something? How can you be talking position swap by lap 5? Where Seb was positively flying. I wouldn't be surprised if Seb was punished for his disobedience but then again to what end?

At this point I think you just let them race since neither driver is willing to cooperate with the other, willingly at least.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 12:20am On Sep 30, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

I agree. If he held Seb up chances are Ham could have passed him. The more important question is why Seb kept pulling away and Leclerc could not keep up. At that point he was faster and they should have swapped positions via the pit instead of in race at such an early stage. No driver would yield position that quickly. Ferrari were crazy to think that would work
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:33am On Sep 30, 2019
A40:
I agree. If he held Seb up chances are Ham could have passed him. The more important question is why Seb kept pulling away and Leclerc could not keep up. At that point he was faster and they should have swapped positions via the pit instead of in race at such an early stage. No driver would yield position that quickly. Ferrari were crazy to think that would work

Ferrari strategy this year is mind-boggling as they truly make rookie errors... to the point where even Vettel is telling them that he will yield when leclerc gets closer.... which is what any driver would have said.

Leclerc was so stunned by Vettel passing him that he couldn't concentrate on the race at hand. He couldn't even pass Bottas for fukc sake.

Ham and Mercs are so far ahead, Ferrari should just concentrate on next year, as this one is a done deal.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:37am On Sep 30, 2019
A40:
The way I see it they called for a swap far too early in the race. Why not wait till the first pitstop or something? How can you be talking position swap by lap 5? Where Seb was positively flying. I wouldn't be surprised if Seb was punished for his disobedience but then again to what end?

At this point I think you just let them race since neither driver is willing to cooperate with the other, willingly at least.

I think they wouldn't have said anything but Leclerc was so much complaining about it on radio that they had to try to do something about it.... but they really didn't think Vettel would.have been that fast at the start.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 12:45am On Sep 30, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

I think they wouldn't have said anything but Leclerc was so much complaining about it on radio that they had to try to do something about it.... but they really didn't think Vettel would.have been that fast at the start.
Leclerc has been exhibiting some diva tendencies lately as well. He could clearly see he was going slower and yet kept whining like a child to be given back the position. At least wait a few laps or show some pace FFS

After all his whingeing he couldn't get past Bottas in the back end of the race even with DRS
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 12:51am On Sep 30, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Ferrari strategy this year is mind-boggling as they truly make rookie errors... to the point where even Vettel is telling them that he will yield when leclerc gets closer.... which is what any driver would have said.

Leclerc was so stunned by Vettel passing him that he couldn't concentrate on the race at hand. He couldn't even pass Bottas for fukc sake.

Ham and Mercs are so far ahead, Ferrari should just concentrate on next year, as this one is a done deal.
The Constructors title will end in Japan. The year has been a wash

Ferrari try to be smarter than themselves sometimes with their weird strategies. The plan at this stage really should be how to finish 1-2 in as many races as they can till the end of the season and try to see if any of the drivers can finish ahead of Bottas. And the drivers both Vettel and Leclerc need to be made to understand this.

Vettel obviously didn't handle this situation well and I suspect he was punished for it however I'm yet to see Leclerc put the Mercs under any form of pressure either on race day when he has had to catch any of them

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 12:52am On Sep 30, 2019
A40:
The more important question is why Seb kept pulling away and Leclerc could not keep up.
You know its difficult to follow that close in slipstream.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 12:54am On Sep 30, 2019
A40:
Leclerc has been exhibiting some diva tendencies lately as well.
Diva, lol. As opposed to Vettel doing it?

He is usurping the king refusing to be a number two, signs of a great driver.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:05am On Sep 30, 2019
budaatum:
You know its difficult to follow that close in slipstream.
No swap could be done that early not with Seb clearly flying it would have been stupid. The smart thing was to bid time till they had to swap tires and not do anything to put the Mercs back into play. Neither driver is fighting for the title

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:06am On Sep 30, 2019
budaatum:

Diva, lol. As opposed to Vettel doing it?

He is usurping the king refusing to be a number two, signs of a great driver.
The average elite driver is a diva Vettel included

There is nothing wrong with refusing to be number 2 but he did not drive like a number 1 today is my point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 4:29am On Oct 13, 2019
Vettel on pole at Suzuka. Didn't see that one coming
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 7:12am On Oct 13, 2019
Ohh well at least a Verstappen DNF and potential Leclerc penalty would help Vettel into 3rd in the Driver's Championship.

This race is just one huge anticlimax

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chic2pimp(m): 10:57am On Oct 13, 2019
Well deserved Victory. It could not have come at a better time as far as Bottas is concerned as He had gone a long time without securing a spot at the Top of the podium.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (52) (Reply)

Jesse Lingard Trolls Cristiano Ronaldo On Instagram (Photos) / Meet Marcus, The Pig That Predicted Nigeria Will Get To The Semi-Final / TB Joshua: Angel Gomes Reacts To His Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.