Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,532 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped - Sports (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped (72606 Views)

Live Scores Of The Revamped Nigeria Premier League Aka Glo Premier League / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 5:40pm On Feb 29
MrBrownJay1:
Mercs looks like they got a great car on their hands... even though their race pace wasnt that great. but these RBR people are playing with our heads again, same shiiit happened last year. Aston Martin was topping the sheets in FP2 and FP3 in Bahrein, and then on quali RBR were miles ahead!!!

[img]https://www.react
iongifs.com/r/2013/06/mad.gif[/img]

That's why I'm waiting for quali.

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 8:26pm On Feb 29
budaatum:

F1 is currently open to both genders. Show you're fast and you'd likely get a drive, and I love it this way.

Many more will watch if a woman beats Verstappen. And in case you haven't noticed, female sport is growing, now that male oppression is recognised.
Lool. Women will only enter an F1 car via affirmative action or woke policies. Not merit

Thinking a woman can beat Max Verstappen or even the slowest male driver on the grid is amusing.

Don't be fooled by all this seasonal woke propaganda. Male interest and support is still the primary driver of even female sports.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 8:44pm On Feb 29
A40:
Lool. Women will only enter an F1 car via affirmative action or woke policies. Not merit

Thinking a woman can beat Max Verstappen or even the slowest male driver on the grid is amusing.

Don't be fooled by all this seasonal woke propaganda. Male interest and support is still the primary driver of even female sports.

Sorry, but I am far too woke to think men have some super ability to drive a car much faster than any woman, especially if the fact woman don't have the opportunity is because of "male interest and support", or rather, discrimination against women.

White "male interest and support" kept black people out of the sport too until seasonal woke activism made it unfashionable to not give a black man a chance.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/may/07/willy-t-ribbs-pioneering-f1-path-lewis-hamilton

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 11:24pm On Feb 29
Looks like this ain't done then and he still might need to walk if those texts in public domain show impropriety.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 11:27pm On Feb 29
budaatum:

Sorry, but I am far too woke to think men have some super ability to drive a car much faster than any woman, especially if the fact woman don't have the opportunity is because of "male interest and support", or rather, discrimination against women.

If the competition is sport there's no woman or group of women that can do anything collectively or individually better than men. Whether it's lifting, running, driving, boxing or whatever else. If you think I'm lying put Lewis Hamilton or Max Verstappen in a weave, Lebron in the WNBA, Francis Ngannou in MMA or Boxing and see what happens to the female competition there.

Don't force what is not there. Talking about discrimination against women is laughable as 99% of the women following F1 now are doing so because of Lewis Hamilton. The day he retires you will see mass exodus of female audience

budaatum:

White "male interest and support" kept black people out of the sport too until seasonal woke activism made it unfashionable to not give a black man a chance.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/may/07/willy-t-ribbs-pioneering-f1-path-lewis-hamilton
Why is white Male interest and support not keeping black people out of basketball, American football, boxing etc.

You people don't know when and where to factor race. Is it racism too that white players are better at hockey than blacks or Chinese are better at pingpong than blacks.

You guys need to be serious please. Imagine how crazy an Indian man will sound saying his people have not been given a chance to play in the NBA. Sports is the ultimate test of meritocracy. Keep wokeness out of it abeg and don't ruin the fun for us that accept not all black men are going to be superstar F1 drivers same way we understand not all Asian men are going to be superstar Quarterbacks or basketball players
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 11:33pm On Feb 29
A40:

You people don't know when and where to factor race. Is it racism too that white players are better at hockey than blacks or Chinese are better at pingpong than blacks.

I think you need to go learn about Lewis and racism in motorsports. It starts back in carting way before he became a teenager.

As for women in F1, it's always been open to women. All they need show is a time competitive with the men, and it would be rather difficult to deny them a place on track if they find a team willing to take them.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 12:10am On Mar 01
budaatum:

I think you need to go learn about Lewis and racism in motorsports. It starts back in carting way before he became a teenager.

As for women in F1, it's always been open to women. All they need show is a time competitive with the men, and it would be rather difficult to deny them a place on track if they find a team willing to take them.
Lol. You want to Diversity Equity and Inclusion your way to an F1 driver. This is supremely laughable

Racism is everywhere, there's racism in football so you're not saying anything new. F1 is a niche and exclusive sport, it always has and it always will be. In a field where you're only going to have 20 people out of over 7billion you think there's not going to be exclusivity. That just sounds ridiculous.

Women cannot competitively race with men. Stop deluluing yourself. The ability for risk taking and physical endurance needed to navigate racing at the highest level to compete with men women simply do not possess

As much as I'm anti transwomen in women sports a part of me wants to see them totally infiltrate women's sports so you can see Equality for the myth and urban legend it is.

Back then it was People like you that were talking about Serena being able to compete with men till a #300 ranked male tennis player handed her ass to her. We saw 14 year old boys beat the Women's world soccer champions 5-2
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 12:26am On Mar 01
A40:

Back then it was People like you ....

You don't know me so I can easily ignore your "people like you", but I hope you'd understand why Lewis started his Mission 44, and Ignite.

Women have competed in F1, and as the rules stand, a woman can compete in F1, and I'm certain a woman would quickly be signed if she goes faster than any of the men on track.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 12:29am On Mar 01
Looks like the competition is out to get him!

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 3:58am On Mar 01
budaatum:

You don't know me so I can easily ignore your "people like you", but I hope you'd understand why Lewis started his Mission 44, and Ignite.

Women have competed in F1, and as the rules stand, a woman can compete in F1, and I'm certain a woman would quickly be signed if she goes faster than any of the men on track.
What does me knowing you have to do with anything?

Lewis efforts are commendable and he spoke from his lens and experiences. But he's not the only minority in F1. And we want to see the best racers, not a diversity hire.

I don't want to see Lewis Hamilton or a black man on a F1 grid simply cos they're black I want to see them there cos they're the best at it

Women have competed. And? Why did they stop?

My problem with people like you (I'm sorry I had to do it) is rather than do the ground work to promote women's sport and let them compete and flourish on their own merits. You lot try to attach them to the men to present them as equals while still seeking handouts and benevolence from the men. Who does that?

We see it in tennis, golf, WNBA, US women soccer

Why will any rational team sign a woman who would be hopelessly overmatched trying to race with men on a consistent basis. Will she compete or holla misogyny at the first dust up with a male racer?
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 4:29am On Mar 01
A40:
What does me knowing you have to do with anything?
Quite a lot when you say "people like me" and know nothing about me.

A40:
Lewis efforts are commendable and he spoke from his lens and experiences. But he's not the only minority in F1. And we want to see the best racers, not a diversity hire.
No one has asked for a diversity hire. I have specific said "if faster than those on the track".

Lewis, after all, was not a diversity hire despite the lack of black people in F1.

A40:
My problem with people like you (I'm sorry I had to do it)
And I'm sorry to give you short shift because you seem to be stating the points you want to argue and paint them like they are mine.

F1 is not football where the sport is separated by gender. If your times are better than those already there, a team will always want you. And theres a lot being done to get them in there already.

A40:
Women have competed. And? Why did they stop?
When the black man currently in F1 retires, would you ask why black people stopped competing in F1?

Women in F1 haven't stopped, despite many reasons for not being there at the moment.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/no-reason-why-women-cant-compete-f1-says-major-study

A40:
....rather than do the ground work to promote women's sport and let them compete and flourish on their own merits.
I think I'd need to wait for you to inform yourself of the immense ground work being done to get more women who can compete and flourish on their own merits into F1 and motor racing in general.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.mclaren-sign-f1-academys-bianca-bustamante-as-first-female-member-of-driver.6w5XZDIEWlRBNiUPSn1sbF.html

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 2:46pm On Mar 01
budaatum:

Quite a lot when you say "people like me" and know nothing about me.

Whatever man. I don't care nothing about that

budaatum:

No one has asked for a diversity hire. I have specific said "if faster than those on the track".

Lewis, after all, was not a diversity hire despite the lack of black people in F1.
There are many sports predominantly played by black people and I don't see other races complain about it. So I'm not going to make a big stink about the lack of black people in the most expensive sport in the world when I know the economical realities of black people and their strengths and weaknesses.

Why hasn't there been another black golfer since Tiger?

budaatum:

And I'm sorry to give you short shift because you seem to be stating the points you want to argue and paint them like they are mine.

F1 is not football where the sport is separated by gender. If your times are better than those already there, a team will always want you. And theres a lot being done to get them in there already.

When the black man currently in F1 retires, would you ask why black people stopped competing in F1?
Women cannot on a consistent basis drive faster than men. Call me sexist I do not care. Truth is bitter like Guinness

When a black man retires from F1 I will wait patiently till another black man is good enough to consistently compete. The world will not stop spinning on its axis cos there's no black man in F1. We have football, basketball, American football, boxing. We will be just fine

budaatum:

Women in F1 haven't stopped, despite many reasons for not being there at the moment.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/no-reason-why-women-cant-compete-f1-says-major-study

I think I'd need to wait for you to inform yourself of the immense ground work being done to get more women who can compete and flourish on their own merits into F1 and motor racing in general.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.mclaren-sign-f1-academys-bianca-bustamante-as-first-female-member-of-driver.6w5XZDIEWlRBNiUPSn1sbF.html
You mean you would rather satisfy your woke boner with a woman consistently finishing bottom of the grid cos she wants to 'compete' with men. Rather than push for women to have their own circuit where the best of them can race and compete equally.

I don't care about any nonsense information about any ground work. You guys are taking the shortcut, trying to piggyback of men's sports instead of growing organically a female circuit. You want to push 1 woman driver finishing bottom of the pile trying to do a man's job as some form of progress

Miss me with that mayne
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 2:55pm On Mar 01
A40:

Whatever man. I don't care nothing about that

Watch me not waste my precious time.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 2:59pm On Mar 01

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 7:03pm On Mar 01
budaatum:

Watch me not waste my precious time.
I don't care nothing about that. Just save us that woke feminist B.S

Nobody got time for that
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 8:44pm On Mar 01
A40:
I don't care nothing about that. Just save us that woke feminist B.S

Nobody got time for that

You are not everybody, A40, and you don't dictate what others do with their time.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 12:24am On Mar 02
budaatum:

You are not everybody, A40, and you don't dictate what others do with their time.
Y'all are nothing but virtue signaling frauds.

The time and energy you waste fighting for a lady to get lapped every race could have been channeled building and growing races solely for women but no you frauds must piggyback off men and what has already been built in place by men
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 5:54am On Mar 02
A40:

Y'all are nothing but virtue signaling frauds.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chris81964(m): 6:09am On Mar 02
Shock. Max on pole. Hulk P10 with the Hass
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:47pm On Mar 02
budaatum:

Lool. Mugu. Dey wind yourself
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 6:00pm On Mar 02
Looks like a 2023 rerun already. Hopefully, Sainz will not play ball.

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:38pm On Mar 02
dude was 20s ahead of anybody, even useless Perez was nowhere to challenge his teammate.....lol, its gonna be another boring year. what a waste of fucking time. it looks like Hamilton moving to Ferrari is a great move because Merc's car is currently not competitive against Ferrari.

watching this race was like:

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 9:12am On Mar 03
We're here for another Max procession. 4th title loading cool

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 3:42pm On Mar 03
chris81964:

It is still too early. Teams are running different programs, testing different concepts. Day 3 tomorrow will give a clearer picture.
You were saying? undecided cheesy

Unless something drastic happens, Max got this one on a lock down. cheesy

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 3:44pm On Mar 03
chris81964:
Shock. Max on pole. Hulk P10 with the Hass
Shock? What was shocking there? cheesy
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chris81964(m): 7:31pm On Mar 03
FBS:

Shock? What was shocking there? cheesy
Sarcasm
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 4:06am On Mar 04
FBS:

Unless something drastic happens, Max got this one on a lock down. cheesy

Ever heard of a black swan?

My research does not exactly support the headline below but those peddling it are trying to force a particular outcome.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by UsamaRafiq: 1:29pm On Mar 04
budaatum:

I think you need to go learn about Lewis and racism in Jotech Motorsports. It starts back in carting way before he became a teenager.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 2:08pm On Mar 04
UsamaRafiq:

I do not appreciate my posts being edited.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 1:59am On Mar 09
budaatum:

Ever heard of a black swan?

My research does not exactly support the headline below but those peddling it are trying to force a particular outcome.
"The media" will do anything and everything to get people talking but sadly not about the F1 itself.....seems people generally just love the dirt and drama.

It's a formula that they have used in other sports.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 2:08am On Mar 09
FBS:

"The media" will do anything and everything to get people talking but sadly not about the F1 itself.....seems people generally just love the dirt and drama.

It's a formula that they have used in other sports.

It's all F1. Has been since from after the second world war lol.

And on that note, Verstappen on Pole!
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 2:16am On Mar 09
budaatum:

It's all F1. Has been since from after the second world war lol.

And on that note, Verstappen on Pole!

Oh wow! Genuinely surprised grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Michael Jordan Crying At Kobe Bryant's Memorial Service / Putin's Funny Reaction To Russia Goal Against Saudi Arabia (VIDEO) / Cristiano Ronaldo Agrees To Join Juventus From Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.