Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? (5116 Views)

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / Parents Of Girl Who Kidnapped Herself Disown Her.(pic) / How To Know It Is Time To DISOWN Your Father. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 06, 2014
Am an 18 year old boy and am in the university am planning to disown my sister's and my father after I graduate I want to know if it's possible and also to get a restraining order from the court against them my dad cheats my sister is retarded I think she has down syndrome and my other sister is stubborn both of them are very dumb in school they know nothing.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by flashinglights: 11:22am On Jul 06, 2014
the reasons that you have given aren't enough for you to want to disown your family. believe it or not, family is the only ride hard people that you've got.

you're still 18 and I am sure in a few years you'll have different mindset than you have now.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Meestique: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2014
And u are very s.t.u.p.i.d which makes y'all a compatible family..!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Butoneday2(m): 11:25am On Jul 06, 2014
undecided U're only no.#18 wit dis bad mind make sure u no end up carrying gun.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 06, 2014
But_one_day: undecided U're only no.#18 wit dis bad mind make sure u no end up carrying gun.
honestly I don't love my sister's and my dad the only person I care about is my mom my sister's are as dumb as rocks and they are ugly and one is getting obese
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by GboyegaD(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2014
If you think they are dumb why not encourage them and try get them necessary resources to improve if you are smart like you paint yourself. I sense pride in you and please, being an undergraduate at 18 doesn't make you any better than your siblings.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 06, 2014
GboyegaD: If you think they are dumb why not encourage them and try get them necessary resources to improve if you are smart like you paint yourself. I sense pride in you and please, being an undergraduate at 18 doesn't make you any better than your siblings.
actually one of my sister's is autistic
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Lordabas: 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
Your question is under the category "Law and Ethics" so legally you can disown your parent, you just have to convince the court that you can live without your parents and you agree that you will never claim any benefit from your parent. The court must be also convinced that you are taking this decision reasonably and knowing all the future consequences.
Now comes the ethical part, your parents are someone who gave you birth and they will continue to love you even if you are separated from them. They may appear harsh to you but your step will be ethically wrong. You are just 18 years of age, although you are an adult but still you are immature to take such extreme decision. I would advice you to reconsider your decision and try to make things work.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lordabas: Your question is under the category "Law and Ethics" so legally you can disown your parent, you just have to convince the court that you can live without your parents and you agree that you will never claim any benefit from your parent. The court must be also convinced that you are taking this decision reasonably and knowing all the future consequences.
Now comes the ethical part, your parents are someone who gave you birth and they will continue to love you even if you are separated from them. They may appear harsh to you but your step will be ethically wrong. You are just 18 years of age, although you are an adult but still you are immature to take such extreme decision. I would advice you to reconsider your decision and try to make things work.
that's good to know
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Illuminatus(m): 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
Obviously, since you know about autisim and down syndrome, you are not entirely an idiot as some people think. But really, you don't have to and shouldn't disown your family. You didn't have a choice in picking them, and you don't really get to choose if you still wanna be related to them. You still have to graduate from college, anyway. I assure you that if you haven't changed your mind, I'll help you deal with the whole bunch.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Illuminatus(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lordabas: Your question is under the category "Law and Ethics" so legally you can disown your parent, you just have to convince the court that you can live without your parents and you agree that you will never claim any benefit from your parent. The court must be also convinced that you are taking this decision reasonably and knowing all the future consequences.
That's a good one.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Butoneday2(m): 12:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
tensazangetsu: honestly I don't love my sister's and my dad the only person I care about is my mom my sister's are as dumb as rocks and they are ugly and one is getting obese
Seriously Something is wrong somewhere or maybe u and ur sisters are not of the same blood or u ask ur mom who is ur father she'll know.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by okirewaju(f): 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
You have to try and stop saying mean things about your sisters.

If they are ugly,its no fault of theirs and as for your sister been autistic, its not her fault either. You think she's happy been that way?

You don't just disown or walk away from family because of such issues, have you tried to help your sister's?

So what happens if you give birth to an autistic child? Are you going to throw it away?

Your sister's need love, give them attention. Stop seeing faults. You sister is getting obese, have you tried encouraging her to follow a planned diet? Both of you going for a run or long distance walk? Preparing a sumptous meal for her with lots of vegetables and less carb.?

Family is "blood", there is no perfect family any where. Work on yours.

I wish you well!!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by egopersonified(f): 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
Whatz all these am reading, u want to disown yr family becos they ve diff inabilities, hope u no u are the son of yr father, so u are a greater cheat, just check yr past r/ships and be truthful to yrself. U better start treating yr siblings well if u dont want yr children to be worse, take care of them and show them love. The mom u claim to love, will u make her happy by disownin yr family and y are u waitin to finish sch, it means u want to spend their money and dump them,watch out so yr wife doesnt squander yr money tomorrow and dump you. In fact they shd b d ones disownin a son and brother who thinks he is better than them becos God spared u to give yr parents hope.mtcheeeeew.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
egopersonified: Whatz all these am reading, u want to disown yr family becos they ve diff inabilities, hope u no u are the son of yr father, so u are a greater cheat, just check yr past r/ships and be truthful to yrself. U better start treating yr siblings well if u dont want yr children to be worse, take care of them and show them love. The mom u claim to love, will u make her happy by disownin yr family and y are u waitin to finish sch, it means u want to spend their money and dump them,watch out so yr wife doesnt squander yr money tomorrow and dump you. In fact they shd b d ones disownin a son and brother who thinks he is better than them becos God spared u to give yr parents hope.mtcheeeeew.
you can't choose your family and I certainly didn't choose mine
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by GboyegaD(m): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
tensazangetsu: actually one of my sister's is autistic

It's no fault of hers she is autistic and the best toucan do as a brother is to provide her with support rather than label her. My advise is put in your beat in all you do and do not neglect your immediate family irrespective of their individual challenges.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chai shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by laplace12(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
Wicked boy angry
Why not disown them now you are still in school? You want them to finish paying your school fees before you do that

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
tensazangetsu: honestly I don't love my sister's and my dad the only person I care about is my mom my sister's are as dumb as rocks and they are ugly and one is getting obese
You think that's enough reason to disown them? Do you know if they are just tolerating your own flaws out of love?
You may have the legal right to disown them eventually, but will you be morally justified?
BTW; by the time you are out of school maturity would've set in and you will prolly feel differently about your folks.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
laplace12: Wicked boy angry
Why not disown them now you are still in school? You want them to finish paying your school fees before you do that
I don't know why but this comment got me rolling on the floor.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
candy:
You think that's enough reason to disown them? Do you know if they are just tolerating your own flaws out of love?
You may have the legal right to disown them eventually, but will you be morally justified?
BTW; by the time you are out of school maturity would've set in and you will prolly feel differently about your folks.
I don't think I will ever feel differently about my dad I love my mom though my sister's I don't like them especially the autistic one when I was in secondary school every one was always saying she's retarde.d she destroyed my social life then and the other one is getting too fat at an abysmal rate I just wanna leave them and take my mom and run far away to a different country and start life afresh.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by An0nimus: 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
*Singing Black Eyed Peas' Where is the love *

OP is just 18. I have this feeling his stance will change by the time he's graduating.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by delpee(f): 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
You are looking at things from a selfish point of view. When life throws you lemons, learn to make lemonade. Anyway you are still young, plenty of time for lessons that will probably change your views.
BTW do you understand the meaning of 'love your neighbour asyourself'? Think deeply about that in relation to your sisters. Anyone can have an autistic child including you. Show them love not condemnation.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by peziz(f): 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
tensazangetsu: I don't think I will ever feel differently about my dad I love my mom though my sister's I don't like them especially the autistic one when I was in secondary school every one was always saying she's retarde.d she destroyed my social life then and the other one is getting too fat at an abysmal rate I just wanna leave them and take my mom and run far away to a different country and start life afresh.

Now this got me rolling on the floor... Lmao!!! make una leave this pikin ooh shocked grin grin..
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Op,permit me to say this...U ARE MAD.

Go ahead and disown them na,na anoda person papa go be ur fada abi??dunno y sum pple are so daft,did u jst say u will graduate soon??gosh!u beta go and resit 4 common entrance....ur family will always be ur family,no 1 can eva replace them,tot there is an adage dat says blood is thicker dan water.....i guess urz is lighter dan water.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
tensazangetsu: I don't think I will ever feel differently about my dad I love my mom though my sister's I don't like them especially the autistic one when I was in secondary school every one was always saying she's retarde.d she destroyed my social life then and the other one is getting too fat at an abysmal rate I just wanna leave them and take my mom and run far away to a different country and start life afresh.

grin grin

Your mom will not run away with you seeing as your Dad is her husband and your sisters are still her kids except she has confessed to you that she does not want them anymore.
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by obayaya(m): 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
Harbosede02: Op,permit me to say this...U ARE MAD.

Go ahead and disown them na,na anoda person papa go be ur fada abi??dunno y sum pple are so daft,did u jst say u will graduate soon??gosh!u beta go and resit 4 common entrance....ur family will always be ur family,no 1 can eva replace them,tot there is an adage dat says blood is thicker dan water.....i guess urz is lighter dan water.

Harbosede!!! shocked

Person no go fit ask question again?

Everyone has a right to live whichever way they like and feel whatever way they like

OP is just exercising that prerogative.

E no reach for you to curse am na grin
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Elle780(f): 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ur father is a cheat
ur sisters are dumb
downsydrome and autism
i want to disown them.
I dey watch u wit HD
u sef dey kolomentel
@Op na u ur family suppose disown cos u re WICKED
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
obayaya:

Harbosede!!! shocked

Person no go fit ask question again?

Everyone has a right to live whichever way they like and feel whatever way they like

OP is just exercising that prerogative.

E no reach for you to curse am na grin

guess we've sorted dis awt already?
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by obayaya(m): 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Harbosede02: guess we've sorted dis awt already?

grin
Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
Op,with this your mindset,you,and your family will fit a perfect union..eg-a cheating dad+a mad son=a perfection union.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Disown Your Family Members? by lilmax(m): 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
So funny gringrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Our New Baby Girl! / I Have A Family Problem / How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.