Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Are Programmers Born Or Made? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are Programmers Born Or Made? (15236 Views)

Are Programmers(coderz) The Smartest Type Of People On The Planet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
losprince:

ps: in my own opinion, programmers are neither born nor made, only individuals driven with passion and logical reasoning can make their selfs programmers.

Duly Noted. cool
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by Ajibel(m): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

I'm not just an "(f)" to Him."Guys" in this case might include Ladies (there aren't as much in the world of programming tho').

Your remark is incitive and totally uncalled for. cool

By guys, he means "guys",, I know that buh you dont know that. I admire your interest in becoming one of us as Ive always wished in the past here to see more females embrace programming buh I found his comment insalting to other guys out there. Am sorry, am not a feminist buh I wont try to make a guy feel good over a lady and vice versa cool

1 Like

Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
GoodBoi1: So no need to fear , the same analytical skills used for other disciplines can be applied in programming.
This is comforting smiley
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 6:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ajibel:

By guys, he means "guys",, I know that buh you dont know that. I admire your interest in becoming one of us as Ive always wished in the past here to see more females embrace programming buh I found his comment insalting to other guys out there. Am sorry, am not a feminist buh I wont try to make a guy feel good over a lady and vice versa cool
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
Djtm: That's a rather tough question. But if I were to place my laptop as a bet I'd say they are born. They'd have to be made afterwards tho. Not everybody can be a programmer IMO. I've seen some "made programmers" tho and they're not great. There's a difference between "born" and "made". Messi was born to play football, that is his ministry, the ball is attracted to him. The same way some people will never be able to kick a ball in a straight line to save their lives no matter how hard they train.
Based on your points, I find that I almost totally agree with you. cool
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by AfricanApple(f): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
MizMyColi: Not bad at all. I'm learning already grin
i see na. i sighted one programmer like dat
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
AfricanApple: i see na. i sighted one programmer like dat

May I ask which? grin
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by AfricanApple(f): 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
MizMyColi:
May I ask which? grin
he say hin name na rutchieken abi na rotten chicken
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by Fulaman198(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
A combination of both,

You brain has to be tuned in a certain manner to really love programming and IT, but you also need to get the proper training in programming to ameliorate yourself.

1 Like

Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by Fulaman198(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hello AfricanApple.
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by DharkPoet(m): 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
MizMyColi: Thank You, for sounding really nice. I liked your post. smiley I'm Spurred.
Support is one thing we should show one another. You very much welcome.

1 Like

Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
AfricanApple: he say hin name na rutchieken abi na rotten chicken
Choi! kikikikiikiki ah don find trouble oo, Babe seems to me like u sabi am weh weh grin
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198: A combination of both,

You brain has to be tuned in a certain manner to really love programming and IT, but you also need to get the proper training in programming to ameliorate yourself.
I agree, Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by Urine: 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
MizMyColi:
Thank You, Very, Very Much. Nicely Presented......makes more sense in this manner cool

You're welcome, I'm glad my explanation was helpful.
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by Fulaman198(m): 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
MizMyColi: I agree, Thank You.

No problem
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by AfricanApple(f): 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198: Hello AfricanApple.
sweery pie!!! na only u don waka reach here?
its been a while sha *gives him a hug*

i trust u can give d op some tutoring, she needs it

1 Like

Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by Fulaman198(m): 11:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
AfricanApple: sweery pie!!! na only u don waka reach here?
its been a while sha *gives him a hug*

i trust u can give d op some tutoring, she needs it

Hello darling, *hugs AfricanApple back* yes it has been a while. I will be more than happy to help the OP out if she needs it.
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by AfricanApple(f): 11:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

Hello darling, *hugs AfricanApple back* yes it has been a while. I will be more than happy to help the OP out if she needs it.
she needs it, she says in he op 'teach me please anybody'
mizmycoli isnt it
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by Fulaman198(m): 11:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
AfricanApple: she needs it, she says in he op 'teach me please anybody'
mizmycoli isnt it

What does she want to be taught?
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 11:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
Programming 001....are there options? @fulaman198 Akira Babes, tanchu grin
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by Fulaman198(m): 11:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
MizMyColi: Programming 001....are there options? @fulaman198 Akira Babes, tanchu grin

Before you start programming, you must ask yourself, are you a good thinker/problem-solver. Do you like to Analyse things? Do you like to build things from scratch and see how they work? Are you familiar with Looping/Iterations? Are you familiar with core concepts that are native to programmers/engineers in general. If so, then programming is for you.

It can be a real hassle at times, but the end result is always rewarding.
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 12:03am On Jul 09, 2014
Fulaman198:

Before you start programming, you must ask yourself, are you a good thinker/problem-solver. Do you like to Analyse things? Do you like to build things from scratch and see how they work? Are you familiar with Looping/Iterations? Are you familiar with core concepts that are native to programmers/engineers in general. If so, then programming is for you.

It can be a real hassle at times, but the end result is always rewarding.
I might have to rersort to google to answer the questions above (save the ones directed to me). I'll let you know when I'm done and then I'll try to explain what I've learned in my words. Its not like I can't request your explanations, but methinks its better I take a leap of faith[so to speak]. Thanks @Fulaman198.
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by Fulaman198(m): 12:06am On Jul 09, 2014
MizMyColi: I might have to rersort to google to answer the questions above (save the ones directed to me). I'll let you know when I'm done and then I'll try to explain what I've learned in my words. Its not like I can't request your explanations, but methinks its better I take a leap of faith[so to speak]. Thanks @Fulaman198.

If you need any explanations please let me know.

Two of my computer science/engineering professors when I schooled abroad were women, so don't be afraid to get involved in the field. As long as you believe in yourself you can do anything. Just have the will to succeed and dedicate time to doing high quality work. Wherever there is a will, there is a way.
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by AfricanApple(f): 12:21am On Jul 09, 2014
Fulaman198:

What does she want to be taught?
she will carry her leg and her mouth to tell u herself. she would see dis
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by luxanne(f): 12:39am On Jul 09, 2014
Lol.

@mizmycoli,

Sometime ago, just like u, I also told myself I wanted to know what programming and all those coding meant and so I got curious to find out from friends around me but believe me, I just couldn't handle all those jargons I was being taught, hence, I simply just took to my heels grin and then resolved to only admire them from a distance, lol

@Africanapple, I see u too dear smiley
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by AfricanApple(f): 12:53am On Jul 09, 2014
luxanne: Lol.

@mizmycoli,

Sometime ago, just like u, I also told myself I wanted to know what programming and all those coding meant and so I got curious to find out from friends around me but believe me, I just couldn't handle all those jargons I was being taught, hence, I simply just took to my heels grin and then resolved to only admire them from a distance, lol

@Africanapple, I see u too dear smiley
i follow see u too o. how now
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
AfricanApple: she will carry her leg and her mouth to tell u herself. she would see dis
Baba I don talk since na grin I haven't been able to reply most of my mentions because of the phone I'm using. (Talk of demotion from smartphone to S40....Diarriss tho' cheesy cheesy)
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
luxanne:
Lux Sweets....Howdy? Kikikikiki....Its good to know I'm not alone, I just want to learn the basics at least, you know, like how one isn't a medical doctor but could relate well with certain medical terms? Even if @Topic isn't my "calling" (so to speak) make ah just sabi sontin inside na cry grin Thanks all the same Dear. Hope today's been great?
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by MizMyColi(f): 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
Fulaman198:

If you need any explanations please let me know.

Two of my computer science/engineering professors when I schooled abroad were women, so don't be afraid to get involved in the field. As long as you believe in yourself you can do anything. Just have the will to succeed and dedicate time to doing high quality work. Wherever there is a will, there is a way.
Thanks, I like it when I'm shown kindness grin I haven't been able to get my hands on a good phone or my PC either due to my present location. I'll make sure I'm accountable and keep you posted as soon as I get to my "comfort zone" smiley Again, Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by Fulaman198(m): 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
MizMyColi: Thanks, I like it when I'm shown kindness grin I haven't been able to get my hands on a good phone or my PC either due to my present location. I'll make sure I'm accountable and keep you posted as soon as I get to my "comfort zone" smiley Again, Thank You.

Yah never lose confidence in yourself. I know that it is mainly a male dominated field, but females are just as smart/brilliant when it comes to STEM.

When you say good phone, do you mean smartphone or PC to type on in order to respond to this thread? You will do fine, just study hard, and always ask a lot of question on material that confuses you. With the advent of YouTube, there are a plethora of videos for people to watch now in order to understand difficult material.

1 Like

Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by luxanne(f): 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
AfricanApple: i follow see u too o. how now

My dear, I dey o.
Re: Are Programmers Born Or Made? by luxanne(f): 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
MizMyColi: Lux Sweets....Howdy? Kikikikiki....Its good to know I'm not alone, I just want to learn the basics at least, you know, like how one isn't a medical doctor but could relate well with certain medical terms? Even if @Topic isn't my "calling" (so to speak) make ah just sabi sontin inside na cry grin Thanks all the same Dear. Hope today's been great?

Am fine dearie and I understand u wella jare cheesy afteral, no knowledge gained is ever a waste so cari on wink

U welcome too dear and yeah, my day's bin aii, trust urs was too smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

[Tutorial Post] How To Integrate Paystack Payment System With PHP / Creating An Open-source Java Web Service / Degree Vs Experience: Which Do Employers Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.