Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,508 members, 7,812,566 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included (6285 Views)

North Should Start Grooming Jonathan’s Successor In 2019 – Ahmadu Ali / Tinubu Is Back In Nigeria! (Pictures Included) / North Should Pull Out Of Nigeria Take Its Destiny Into Its Hands-alhaji Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by MeAboki(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2014
kastonkastrol: You are advicing cannibals to stop eating common donkey meat People that eat their fellow human beings Who told you they(ibos) don't know the meat that is sold in most of their restaurants are donkeys, dogs, human beings, horses, vulture, cats, rats and snakes meats ?

Op la only you waka come ?

LOL, I can't stop laughing - wicked as it may seem, this guy you bad no be small oO! grin grin grin grin

@ Topic:
I also heard that it is really a big honour in the east for a son to slaughter a horse at his father's burial - though don't how how true it is.
As for the trade itself, well its been going on for decades and done openly - because the buyers in the east are equally quite forthright and open about what they want.
You see the animals: live horses, donkeys and dogs being exported in truckloads . However, in recent years as the business boomed due increased demand and in order to reduce transportation cost, a new set of suppliers emerged who slaughter and smoke the larger animals (horses & donkeys) to preserve the meat - ready for the eastern markets.

It sometimes makes me wonder why southerners love meat so much and whether if there is anything at all they wouldn't eat.
This contrasts greatly with the north, particularly Muslim north, where it is taboo to eat such animals including the usually legitimate ones such as cows/bulls once they have been used as beasts of burden.

2 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by unanimous: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2014
Banning xalonso won't help ur life @mod. D crusade is offline not online.

1 Like

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
banfeast:

animal, the discuss is about northern. but loser and lost soul like you can't get over Yoruba matter. may the gods strike you dead asap.

its northern and u allowed that fool to bring igbos into the talk?
Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by arewafederation: 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
Mukina2 come and kiss me. kiss
Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by arewafederation: 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
unanimous: Banning xalonso won't help ur life @mod. D crusade is offline not online.

The mods don't want Clifford Orji's offspring on this forum. tongue

2 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by acenazt: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahhhahahhahahahha. No wonder my Ibo friend thinks he is strong. Lol he thought he is a super hero Donkey man. Abeg my guys who know where I fit find lion meat I want become lion man.

4 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by Ofodirinwa: 10:43pm On Jan 25, 2018
hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking: APC Chairman Decamps To PDP! / The Evil In Nigeria New 100 Naira Note / Biafra Officially Participates In Boxing In Thailand Beats An Iranian To Stupor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.