Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Crab Mentality - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Crab Mentality (15716 Views)

5 Common Cases Of Colonial Mentality In Nigeria / Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality / Nigerians And 'rankadede' Mentality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crab Mentality by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 17, 2014
kingston277:
Then post the information you're quoting from. Why is it so difficult to provide a little citation? NO scholar would ever take you seriously with you making wild and baseless claims, then arguing against posting citations or even the name of the book you received your "information" from. What you're doing is exactly how to spot a BS-er. You still haven't even posted at-least the name of the book you learn about the topic from so why would any educated individual take you seriously. You can say Africans slave traded with aliens for all we care. Please open a more recent book on the topic, then come back to me.
Seriously, you need me to post links or a book authors to prove facts about the slave trade? Wonderful! That's like telling me to prove that you are a fool! What gives? Sorry, not possible!
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 1:05am On Jul 17, 2014
koyyes: Seriously, you need me to post links or a book authors to prove facts about the slave trade? Wonderful! That's like telling me to prove that you are a fool! What gives? Sorry, not possible!
Now I know you've never graduated high school. All writeups you do claiming something MUST include citations, otherwise its B.S, not "facts". Are you a scientist? Are you a philosopher? Are you a historian, Archaeologist, or linguist? Nope? Then link us up with those who are. I've read several books on the issue including African Archaeology, The Diligent Voyage: through the world of the slave trade, The Man-eating myth, etc. Plus, people like PhysicsQED can hook you up with google scholar reads if you ask. they're very good.
Re: Crab Mentality by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 17, 2014
kingston277:
Now I know you've never graduated middle school. All writeups you do claiming something MUST include citations, otherwise its B.S, not "facts". I've read several books on the issue including African Archaeology, The Diligent Voyage: through the world of the slave trade, The Man-eating myth, etc. Plus, people like PhysicsQED can hook you up with google scholar reads if you ask. they're very good.
buhahahahahahah! Now I see you've been brainwashed! You obviously attended the 'special needs' pre school were gullible retards like you were constantly taught nonsense. Awwwww,I feel for you. Really, I do!
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 3:20am On Jul 17, 2014
koyyes: buhahahahahahah! Now I see you've been brainwashed! You obviously attended the 'special needs' pre school were gullible retards like you were constantly taught nonsense. Awwwww,I feel for you. Really, I do!
*sigh*
School ain't for everyone I guess.
Re: Crab Mentality by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 17, 2014
kingston277:
*sigh*
Says the white man's tool who cannot understand what western influence is and knows nothing about the slave trade, cannot live with his Caribbean brothers and sisters but depends on links and books endorsed by the white man. Gosh, you must be sooo educated. buhahahahahahaha!
Re: Crab Mentality by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 17, 2014
grin
kingston277:
*sigh*
I had to copy and paste this. This statement below was typed by you in one of your lengthy,empty epistle. ''Allowing the slave trading to occur? But it was originally their trade, the Europeans just joined in and abused the system. ''. So you admit that slavery has been part of the african tradition/culture and you've been contradicting yourself all this while. Guy, its very simple, move back permanently to the Caribbean and learn about your history before its too late. Stop pretending to love africa when you can't even stand living with your own Caribbean people. Saying that africans imitate the white and then finding refuge in canada makes you a BIG HYPOCRITE! How you see slavery as one of the brilliant achievement of your ancestors is what surprises me though but not that I give a damn.
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
@ Koyyes
Koyyes, man. Please give us all a break and pick up a book because I don't believe you own a single page on the subject published by any universally trusted source like you claim.
Slave trading was part of African culture? Please, man. You pretend you are just learning this from me for the first time but you and I both know not a single civilization did not possess slaves, so I don't know why you think its a crime because Africans did it too. The West still owns slaves to this day under a new guise called prison labour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un-4_J5oWMY
Take my advice and got to your local library or import some books from this decade on slavery. This subject is not as intensively under debate as it once was. Small Archaeology and research projects still linger, but so far, nothing has turned up the alleged "details" you have provided and proudly pushed as fact. All the citations I've made come straight from the researchers themselves. You say you've owned books that told you 19th century elites traded slaves for myopic reasons, but no book written on the subject mentions that, but instead provides evidence for otherwise such as King Agaja's agenda. Not wikipedia, not google scholar, not the library, not blogs, not videos, nor teachers, nor archaeologists, nor culturalists and not even historians would agree wit you as none have included such claims in their works. There is no evidence for the claims you've made and you still have failed to provide sources which makes it all the more obvious that they don't exist anywhere but in your head! If you're here seeking to push an agenda then by all means do it, no one can control your opinion. But please learn to cite your sources before passing your position off as fact above everyone elses input. We all learn from each other and no one individual is all knowing. You in particular are far from educated on the subject and need to keep quiet when someone is releasing more updated information. Ciao!
Re: Crab Mentality by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 18, 2014
kingston277: @ Koyyes
Koyyes, man. Please give us all a break and pick up a book because I don't believe you own a single page on the subject published by a universally trusted source like you claim.
Slave trading was part of African culture? Please, man. You pretend you are just learning this from me for the first time but you and I both know not a single civilization did not possess slaves, so I don't know why you think its a crime because Africans did it too. The West still owns slaves to this day under a new guise called prison labour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un-4_J5oWMY
Take my advice and got to your local library or import some books from this decade on slavery. This subject is not as intensively under debate as it once was. Small Archaeology and research projects still linger, but so far, nothing has turned up the alleged "details" you have provided and proudly pushed as fact. All the citations I've made come straight from the researchers themselves. You say you've owned books that told you 19th century elites traded slaves for myopic reasons, but no book written on the subject mentions that, but instead provides evidence for otherwise such as King Agaja's agenda. Not wikipedia, not google scholar, not the library, not blogs, not videos, nor teachers, nor archaeologists, nor culturalists and not even historians would agree wit you as none have included such claims in their works. There is no evidence for the claims you've made and you still have failed to provide sources which makes it all the more obvious that they don't exist anywhere but in your head! If you're here seeking to push an agenda then by all means do it, no one can control your opinion. But please learn to cite your sources before passing your position off as fact above everyone elses input. We all learn from each other and no one individual is all knowing. You in particular are far from educated on the subject and need to keep quiet when someone is releasing more updated information. Ciao!
Sorry I didn't bother reading this pile of crap. However, I do sense some really deep inferiority complex and low self esteem. The day you quote something reasonable- just one from a book written by an african author that is deep into his roots(not a descendant of an african slave), then I'll start taking you seriously. But till then, you are a complete sell out, a guy so desperate to have a sense of belonging in the african society that he despises and doesn't want to live in, he doesn't even know how to go about it except rely on re edited books written by the white man on ancient africa that he knows nothing about and argue with people on the net to elevate his low self esteem. Its not my fault you are confused about which part of africa you come from that's why your points are always contradicting. Don't take it out on we African Dwellers today - we have our issues but we all know where we come from and are not LOST like you so we don't have to prove anything. GO HOME and seek the answers you need because you are obviously confused.
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 10:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
koyyes: Sorry I didn't bother reading this pile of crap. However, I do sense some really deep inferiority complex and low self esteem.
Of course you wouldn't. After all you can't. no-one taught you to read, thats why you don't know what your forefathers were doing only 150 years ago. I feel your pain and frustration, though.

The day you quote something reasonable- just one from a book written by an african author that is deep into his roots(not a descendant of an african slave), then I'll start taking you seriously.
grin
So because they spoke the truth, they are not African? Not to mention it doesn't matter who is or isn't since they all know your history better than you do. I bet most of the books you read were written by foreigners or Africans living in the west. hypocrite.

But till then, you are a complete sell out, a guy so desperate to have a sense of belonging in the african society that he despises and doesn't want to live in,
In case you weren't following, those were my ancestors you are insulting. I don't know where you think people of African descent came from. They fell out of the sky?

he doesn't even know how to go about it except rely on re edited books written by the white man on ancient africa
grin
Gosh! Can you people believe this guy is living in a country that Europeans wrote so fondly of?
"Relations at Benin followed a similar pattern, though Europeans there were even more subordinate since the powerful kingdom did not permit them to erect any outposts on its territory. For their part, Europeans were impressed with Benin not just because of the commercial possibilities of the kingdom's pepper (Piper guineense), its cotton textiles, and its ivory, but also because of its striking capital city, its large palace complex, and its artisans' great skill. Many sixteenth- and seventeenth-century visitors commented extensively on Benin's capital city, which was surrounded by a massive earthen wall five or six miles in circumference and pierced at intervals by large gates fashioned from the trunk of a single tree. From the gates, broad streets ran in straight lines across the city, intersecting at right angles. Dutch accounts deemed the thirty main streets to be as wide as the great avenues of Amsterdam, Within the city, houses of ordinary citizens had earthen walls and thatched roofs, which European observers considered airy and very pleasant. Their walls and floors were polished "as smooth and as even as any plastered wall in Holland and as shining as a looking-glass." 13

that he knows nothing about and argue with people on the net to elevate his low self esteem.
So apparently I know nothing about ancient Africa even though I took several classes on the subject, read several library and text book sources and spoke to several people educated on then subject. But after all this, you still haven't mentioned ONE thing that is inline with what any of the sources have reported. So why do you think I or anybody else should believe you? Because its the "truth"? Sure, and the roswell incident is the truth as well. grin
Boy, anybody can say whatever sh*** on they want on the internet, but at least I have the sources to back up my assertions. You still have not proven yourself any different from this guy:
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRitRf7V-1rsP7zGWJ58yDFWa9Pp9rwkVx8pG1Dp1PN4QNOT2Pz6Q[/img]

Its not my fault you are confused about which part of africa you come from that's why your points are always contradicting.
Where do my points contradict?

Don't take it out on we African Dwellers today - we have our issues but we all know where we come from and are not LOST like you so we don't have to prove anything. GO HOME and seek the answers you need because you are obviously confused.
You know where you came from? That is why your people are living in poverty because of your myopic views? Because you know your "history"? Please, if you truly knew your history, Africa would look like this...
[img]http://2.bp..com/-dihp2Xes24Q/UY_OD5LYnNI/AAAAAAAATG4/phccz_MHOHQ/s640/ashan.jpg[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1554585_african-productivity_jpeg73ad16662aab95c5e70965fc917f4ece[/img]
Instead of like this...

Is this what you consider progress? World vision has to take time out of their day to knock some sense into your heads about where your continent is headed?
You are menace to your people, you should be ashamed. angry
Re: Crab Mentality by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
kingston277:
Of course you wouldn't. After all you can't. no-one taught you to read, thats why you don't know what your forefathers were doing only 150 years ago. I feel your pain and frustration, though.

grin
So because they spoke the truth, they are not African? Not to mention it doesn't matter who is or isn't since they all know your history better than you do. I bet most of the books you read were written by foreigners or Africans living in the west. hypocrite.

In case you weren't following, those were my ancestors you are insulting. I don't know where you think people of African descent came from. They fell out of the sky?

grin
Gosh! Can you people believe this guy is living in a country that Europeans wrote so fondly of?

So apparently I know nothing about ancient Africa even though I took several classes on the subject, read several library and text book sources and spoke to several people educated on then subject. But after all this, you still haven't mentioned ONE thing that is inline with what any of the sources have reported. So why do you think I or anybody else should believe you? Because its the "truth"? Sure, and the roswell incident is the truth as well. grin
Boy, anybody can say whatever sh*** on they want on the internet, but at least I have the sources to back up my assertions. You still have not proven yourself any different from this guy:
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRitRf7V-1rsP7zGWJ58yDFWa9Pp9rwkVx8pG1Dp1PN4QNOT2Pz6Q[/img]

Where do my points contradict?

You know where you came from? That is why your people are living in poverty because of your myopic views? Because you know your "history"? Please, if you truly knew your history, Africa would look like this...
[img]http://2.bp..com/-dihp2Xes24Q/UY_OD5LYnNI/AAAAAAAATG4/phccz_MHOHQ/s640/ashan.jpg[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1554585_african-productivity_jpeg73ad16662aab95c5e70965fc917f4ece[/img]
Instead of like this...

Is this what you consider progress? World vision has to take time out of their day to knock some sense into your heads about where your continent is headed?
You are menace to your people, you should be ashamed. angry
. #laughs, rolls and falls off my locally made african chair# o my goodness, how western slavery,brain washing and stuuuupidity has turned some people into frustrated lunatics that they don't even make sense when they try to communicate. when last did you have a dirty stream bath if you call that more civilized and advanced than fetching bath water from a bore hole? I feel pity for you. Even the caribbean is no longer regarded as a home to you that you now live your life like a vagabond. Even with what is happening in nigeria, it nothing compared to what you and your people who you hate so much face. http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/caribbean-nations-outraged-dominican-racism. Do yourself a huge favor, take your ancient pics, video links as well as your white masters books and share with your caribbean black people and see if they will not 'devour' you. That's why your live,eat, sleep and shit in nairaland. As 'bad' as we are, we are what you and your descendants will never be even in the next 100 years. I feel your pain and envy, take heart!buhahahahhahaha! Next time you want to post an ancient pic that depicts the good old days, make sure you post a pic of smiling faces,probably from societies who used to live naked and not malnourished people that look like corpses,also make sure the pic was taken with a camera invented by an african. Poor lost, Sadistic, moronic fool like you! Still wondering why I won't prove my points with historical pics and unadulterated african books, its very simple- I treasure my heritage and I don't share them with demented sell outs who lack comprehension- that's insulting. Hope that sinks. looool.
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
koyyes: .#laughs, rolls and falls off my locally made african chair# o my goodness,
Dude, nobody cares where your chair came from. After all, why isn't your chair made in Cameroon, Niger or Ghana? Because Nigeria/west are the only sources available to you? So how can you expect me to gain access to Caribbean/African goods? By import? You Want me to import a huge a.ss leather computer chair? I can only use what is availble to me. But unlike you, I actually buy from my own ethnic group as many times as I can, therefor keeping money within my community and by extension, funnelling back to Africa/Caribbean. African expatiates in Portugal did the same thing back in the 16th century, that is why Africa was more wealthy and prosperous than your glorified, "more civilized" dumping ground for western nations that you currently live in right now.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-wyH7LQByMk0/UPF_65kXIAI/AAAAAAAADmk/2QFMVL3dPzI/s640/Netherlandish.jpg[/img]

Today's Nigerians with your mindset on the other hand, allow foreign companies to pump your oil and precious metals out of your country and take half the wealth with them. The other half goes into the pockets of your brain dead elites. Practice what you preach, otherwise your words are worthless.

how western slavery,brain washing and stuuuupidity has turned some people into frustrated lunatics that they don't even make sense when they try to communicate.
Are you drunk or is are the fumes affecting your ability to reason?
http://hitchcock.itc.virginia.edu/Slavery/return.php?categorynum=2&categoryName=Pre-Colonial%20Africa:%20Society%2c%20Polity%2c%20Culture
What in the above is brainwashing. Take off your tinfoil hat.

When last did you have a dirty stream bath if you call that more civilized and advanced than fetching bath water from a bore hole
Where did you see/hear people bathing in rivers in those times? Can you stop pulling info out of your a.ss, you are starting to sound like a lunatic.

Bathrooms
Also, why would the inventors of shadoofs be bathing in rivers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadoof
And thats ignoring the irrigation systems at great zimbabwe that were described by colonialists as effective as modern irrigation systems.

I feel pity for you. Even the caribbean is no longer regarded as a home to you that you now live your life like a vagabond. Even with what is happening in nigeria, it nothing compared to what you and your people who you hate so much face.
http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/caribbean-nations-outraged-dominican-racism.
Thanks for the link, just a little something I can use against the likes of you who praise African societies that are closer culturally to the West while criticizing those who actually care about their history. You might want to review your link because It appears to be aimed at people like you rather than me. And try posting links next time that are relevant to the argument.

Do yourself a huge favor, take your ancient pics, video links as well as your white masters books and share with your caribbean black people and see if they will not 'devour' you.
We already are returning to our roots, thats why we are moving foreword. That is why even Lybia was more developed than you even though they were run by a dictator. They stuck with they traditional, progressive ways instead of borrowing garbage western ways that don't benefit anyone but the originators of that culture.

That's why your live,eat, sleep and shit in nairaland. As 'bad' as we are, we are what you and your descendants will never be even in the next 100 years.
Judging from the way you self-haters are running your country, the whiteman will soon steal all of your culture that made you successful in the pre-colonial times, repackage it, then export it back to you just like your natural resources. Pathetic.

I feel your pain and envy, take heart!buhahahahhahaha! Next time you want to post an ancient pic that depicts the good old days, make sure you post a pic of smiling faces,
I'm pretty sure I did from the Bamoum kingdom a few pages back, but it seems I can't expect any truthfulness or efficiency from you anyway.

probably from societies who used to live naked and not malnourished people that look like corpses,
Those people look naked and malnourished to you?! GTFO and go back to kindergarten, the internet is strictly for grown-ups. And get your eyes checked before hand so you don't fail the class.

also make sure the pic was taken with a camera invented by an african.
Show me a camera invented by any other culture in the world at the time.
Are you telling me this isn't enough?

Poor lost, Sadistic, moronic fool like you! Still wondering why I won't prove my points with historical pics and unadulterated african books, its very simple- I treasure my heritage and I don't share them with demented sell outs who lack comprehension- that's insulting. Hope that sinks. looool.
Why don't you start providing NL some facts instead of resorting to ad hominem attacks. It would greatly help demonstrate some level of maturity for such a complex topic. If not, then I suggest you back out. You have not demonstrated you have any knowledge in research, archaeology, linguistics, history or awareness of the diversity of cultures. You also do not exhibit any attributes of a post-secondary educated individual, who read university text books and spoken to knowledgeable individuals, much less avoiding this mentality:
RandomAfricanAm: @kingston277
Thumbs up to you. That said you are going to run into the same problems with the self haters over and over. Typical broad issues are...
1. The attempt of translating African ideas/institutions into incompatible European intellectual containers.
2. A poor(lopsided) grasp of the general history of Humans and their activity through time.
3. A poor ability to process historical knowledge of Human activity through time to make insightful descriptions of todays society.
4. Misguided rationalizations exacerbated by issues #1-3 above.
5. Dogged stubbornness brought on by the idea that "I didn't come to this conclusion by an emotional fit, I came to a rational well thought-out conclusion". This being done under the more fundamental issue noted in #4
6. A poor "spiritual/emotional" relationship with the topic under discussion brought on by personal observation(school/real world) of that topic. While the rationalization serves as justification for the stated position; the spiritual relationship mediates which rationalization was stated in the first place.
Until you learn from individuals like the one above, there is no real purpose in debating with you on an academically closed topic. Engaging you in petty bickering to try and enlighten you with generally accepted facts does not help contribute to the NL knowledge base anymore than it lowers peoples faith in the education system. The bottom line is, don't preach about things you have no formal education in. And don't listen to people who have no formal education in a subject. Since you like to have the last word, I will let you finish, but I'll leave people with more diagnosis on your psychosis:
RandomAfricanAm: Two major vectors of foreign cultural attack...

1. Media(music, movies, TV shows, websites, sports)
2. Returnees from the Diaspora(People associate the status of these people not merely with application of education; but also with hairstyles, speech, clothing, etc)
**I should also add the vestiges of the old colonial education system that's still in place**

Note: number 2 is the vector I have the most issue with concerning these self hating people. The most ironic display being the ones who complain about "backward superstitious people" who then basically attempt to devour other peoples culture in a bid to be like (insert perceived quality here). what makes that ironic is they are employing the same logic as a person killing a lion and devouring it's flesh in a bid to be like (insert perceived quality here). It's the same line of logic except concerning a different entity.

Note 2: Colonization provides the gapping hole for those cultural mores to take a stronger hold then they normally would otherwise. The self haters also seem to believe that the fact that the colonial period(that only lasted 50ish years ...spain was occupied for 800) occurred is a rationalization for their cultural "betrayal".
RandomAfricanAm: That sh*t is sad man. sad
The worse part is that they feel like they are being "realistic" "responsible" "progressive" or my personal favorite "civilized"(even though they completely miss the keyword *civil*) Automation & mechanization does not equal civilization; Automized & mechanized barbarians are still practicing barbarism. Simply put mechanized barbarism is still barbarism.

Neutral Example: When the tent dwelling, spear chucking, horse riding Mongolians sacked and overran china they were barbarians being barbarous. When the mansion/castle dwelling, rifle/cannon shooting, galleon/wagon riding Europeans sacked and overran china they were also barbarians being barbarous.

Self haters conveniently skip that and other episodes in world history nor do they dare say they the fact that china was overrun by a pack of tent dwellers on horse back means that they should stop city planning, administrative practices, civil engineering projects, etc. and accept the superior tent dwelling "civilization" that was obviously justified by chinas round defeat and occupation by Mongolians. Nor do they say that the Japanese should give up their Shinto tree, rock, etc spirits and become "civilized"(or in self hater language "industrialized", "mechanized", & "automized" ...which is what they really mean when they say "civilized"wink

As concerns my ideas surrounding African spirituality I suggest you checkout my reply on the second page of...
https://www.nairaland.com/1554976/whats-literal-translation-north-south/1

As I like to say...
1. Freedom is a necessity but not enough. Choices are predicated on what you know at the time of calculating a decision. If I control what you know I control the range of your possible choices.
2. Knowledge is a necessity but not enough. Knowledge derives it's usefulness from being processed when calculating a decision. The smaller the range of process you are capable of carrying out the less you can do with what you know.
3. Processing(intelligence) is a necessity but not enough. There are a series of Processes done in executing a plan. If you have no plan your interests are subject to those who do have a plan. Be that in using your ability to process knowledge to further their plans(not yours) or simply by your interests being displaced in the execution of their plans.
4. Plans are a necessity but not enough. Plans are simply a means to accomplishing a goal. If you have no goals in life your interests are subject to those who do have a goal. Be that in using your ability to plan and/or process knowledge to further their goals(not yours) or simply by your interests being displaced in the execution of their goals.
5. There are more but I can successfully reply without stating the rest

While I commend the Self haters for wanting better for themselves and Africa as a whole.

I question...
1.The range of knowledge they have at there disposal when coming to their stated positions
2.The range of processes they were able to employ on that knowledge.(Which led to their inability to make historically consistent positions)
3.The extent to which their self hate surrounding colonization impedes absorption, development, & execution of new knowledge and processes.
Re: Crab Mentality by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
kingston277:
Dude, nobody cares where your chair came from. After all, why isn't your chair made in Cameroon, Niger or Ghana? Because Nigeria/west are the only sources available to you? So how can you expect me to gain access to Caribbean/African goods? By import? You Want me to import a huge a.ss leather computer chair? I can only use what is availble to me. But unlike you, I actually buy from my own ethnic group as many times as I can, therefor keeping money within my community and by extension, funnelling back to Africa/Caribbean. African expatiates in Portugal did the same thing back in the 16th century, that is why Africa was more wealthy and prosperous than your glorified, "more civilized" dumping ground for western nations that you currently live in right now.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-wyH7LQByMk0/UPF_65kXIAI/AAAAAAAADmk/2QFMVL3dPzI/s640/Netherlandish.jpg[/img]

Today's Nigerians with your mindset on the other hand, allow foreign companies to pump your oil and precious metals out of your country and take half the wealth with them. The other half goes into the pockets of your brain dead elites. Practice what you preach, otherwise your words are worthless.

Are you drunk or is are the fumes affecting your ability to reason?
http://hitchcock.itc.virginia.edu/Slavery/return.php?categorynum=2&categoryName=Pre-Colonial%20Africa:%20Society%2c%20Polity%2c%20Culture
What in the above is brainwashing. Take off your tinfoil hat.

Where did you see/hear people bathing in rivers in those times? Can you stop pulling info out of your a.ss, you are starting to sound like a lunatic.

Bathrooms
Also, why would the inventors of shadoofs be bathing in rivers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadoof
And thats ignoring the irrigation systems at great zimbabwe that were described by colonialists as effective as modern irrigation systems.

Thanks for the link, just a little something I can use against the likes of you who praise African societies that are closer culturally to the West while criticizing those who actually care about their history. You might want to review your link because It appears to be aimed at people like you rather than me. And try posting links next time that are relevant to the argument.

We already are returning to our roots, thats why we are moving foreword. That is why even Lybia was more developed than you even though they were run by a dictator. They stuck with they traditional, progressive ways instead of borrowing garbage western ways that don't benefit anyone but the originators of that culture.

Judging from the way you self-haters are running your country, the whiteman will soon steal all of your culture that made you successful in the pre-colonial times, repackage it, then export it back to you just like your natural resources. Pathetic.

I'm pretty sure I did from the Bamoum kingdom a few pages back, but it seems I can't expect any truthfulness or efficiency from you anyway.

Those people look naked and malnourished to you?! GTFO and go back to kindergarten, the internet is strictly for grown-ups. And get your eyes checked before hand so you don't fail the class.

Show me a camera invented by any other culture in the world at the time.
Are you telling me this isn't enough?

Why don't you start providing NL some facts instead of resorting to ad hominem attacks. It would greatly help demonstrate some level of maturity for such a complex topic. If not, then I suggest you back out. You have not demonstrated you have any knowledge in research, archaeology, linguistics, history or awareness of the diversity of cultures. You also do not exhibit any attributes of a post-secondary educated individual, who read university text books and spoken to knowledgeable individuals, much less avoiding this mentality:

Until you learn from individuals like the one above, there is no real purpose in debating with you on an academically closed topic. Engaging you in petty bickering to try and enlighten you with generally accepted facts does not help contribute to the NL knowledge base anymore than it lowers peoples faith in the education system. The bottom line is, don't preach about things you have no formal education in. And don't listen to people who have no formal education in a subject. Since you like to have the last word, I will let you finish, but I'll leave people with more diagnosis on your psychosis:

awwwwww. Mr. 'I know everything about nothing' aka Mr.'I love my african roots but I can't live in africa except the white man's land' wants to teach me about my cultural heritage when he clearly has non he can identify with. Buahahahahahah! You want us here to believe that YOU- a canadian slave, patronizes african products and contribute to your community?loooool. You want us to believe that the caribbeans are ahead of us because of self hated, angry white/mulatto cock suckers like you? You want to tell us that the ancient pic you stupidly posted to depict the good old days has people in it who are happy and more well fed than nigerians today? You want to tell me that the guy you've been quoting will not spit on your face if he finds out the hateful,raging, hypocritical, confused lunatic that you are? Thank Goodness you talked about the progress of lybia in past tense, I was about stripping you naked on this thread because you obviously know nothing about that country to even compare it to nigeria. Daft ediots like yourself have nothing reasonable to tell nigerians until you go back home and help your people to fix your never ending problems. That was the point of posting that link but because you lack comprehension skills, you missed the whole point! Even with all the video links and books you've been exposed to, you'll remain an ignorant,lost reetard if you don't go HOME!Hope that sinks?! #goes to serve and enjoy my african made pounded yam and vegetable soup#
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
↑↑↑
Still resorts to ad hominem attacks to get his points across. smh.
Doesn't know the history of his own continent, poor grasp of the topic of discussion, poor grasp of the topic in his link, throws tantrums whenever his point is proven wrong, poor typing skills I might add, doesn't even know who RandomAfricanAm is, can't see the obvious correlation between the governning styes of said countries and their prosperity, follows me around the forums replying to each of my quoted(duplicated) posts like a minion, couldn't even cite a source to save his life but would rather throw insults left and right as if that somehow validates his weak points.
And above all, sounds like a broken record doing the above.
Smdh.
Re: Crab Mentality by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
kingston277: Still resorts to ad hominem attacks to get his points across. smh.
Doesn't know the history of his own continent, poor grasp of the topic of discussion, poor grasp of the topic of his link, throws tantrums whenever his point is proven wrong, poor typing skills I might add, doesn't even know who RandomAfricanAm is, can't see the obvious correlation between the governning styes of said countries and their prosperity, follows me around the forums replying to my quoted(duplicated) posts, counldn't even cite a source to save his life but would rather throw insults left and right as if that somehow valids his weak points.
And above all, sounds like a broken record doing the above.
Smdh.
#laughs and rolls on my locally made chair#Hmmm,Making excuses for your display of self hatred and stuupidity huh! Good to know you are finally coming around by describing your pitiable self. You forgot to add your excuse for being a hypocritical white cooock sucker. It takes only a lunatic to listen to a broken record for days. A round of applause for the king of ediots!!!!
Re: Crab Mentality by kingston277(m): 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
@ Koyyes

1 Like

Re: Crab Mentality by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
kingston277: @ Koyyes
#Joyfully clicks the unfollow button while enjoying my african food for lunch#
Re: Crab Mentality by networkgenuis: 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
Bump!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meanings Of Musical Instruments In Your Language / Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba / Learn To Speak Ikwerre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.