Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,321 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. (66981 Views)

‘Tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba ~ Azuka Onwuka / Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Blockus: 11:36am On Jul 14, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

You should be ashamed of yourself Nna !

Why? angry

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 14, 2014
screenagerjoe: SEUN OSEWA is well known for nairaland, UGOCHUKWU NNEJI is known for www . . com . ng
What the phuck is . com? Is that a p0rn site?

15 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by generalissimo(m): 11:39am On Jul 14, 2014
Revolva: One thing I know in nigeria yorubas an igbos hate them selves with great passion amongst the three majority tribes and its a shame thank jah am not from a major tribe in this country
Nah! U got it all wrong manh! The yorubas dont have problem with any tribe except with babric attitudes of the CATTLES from the North. The only thing that seems like a problem with Igbos is just an admittance of ''who is superior over who''. And to be sincere, apart from the business sector and manufacturing of fake commodities, the Igbos in this country do not match the Yorubas in term of everything which includes, but not limited to intelligence. The political situation in the country right from the inception is an evidence amongst many. The only cry you'll be hearing from them (the Igbos) is marginalisation. They are the least intelligent tribe in this country. But the Igbos will never wanna admit and that's what seems like they are at logger heads with the Yorubas. The Yorubas have no problem with any less intelligent group or tribe. They should just maintain their lane

10 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by 500GP: 11:40am On Jul 14, 2014
new2020:

Another inept analysis from a typical Yoruba person who is pained by my truthful comment. What's the best way to measure academic performance and intelligence/IQ of our growing, young population if not through aptitude test....WAEC, JAMB, NECO, COMMON ENTRANCE? Please tell me? Do you want us to go and interview, test every single individual one on one in a country with over 70 million people under 18 yrs old? Yes there are exam malpractices in every state particularly in Lagos but still whenever Lagos is mentioned in top states in WAEC, JAMB, NECO, its the same Igbos in Lagos that are propping it...how can you explain this?

Now, let's address the malpractice. You cried malpractice.... if one ethnic group(IGBO) is leading in NECO, WAEC, JAMB and even in innocent COMMON ENTRANCE where children as young as 9, 10 and 11 are tested, would you allude that these Igbo kids were involved in malpractice? What stu$pid parents will let their kid as young as that engage in malpractice. Come on? Enough of these yoruba excuses. Celebrate the Igbos were they are champions and stop hatting.

Best universities in Yoruba land? Now lets deal with facts, go to every department in the top universities in SW...Uni Lagos, Uni Ilorin, OAU, UI and ask for the 10 best students in it, I assure you that 6 out of 10 top students will be IGBO. This has been demonstrated even here on Nairaland. Many Yorubas agreed to this. These schools will have no name without the minds of Igbos. Don't forget that top Igbo professors are in these universities. LOL

Lastly, more Igbos served under Obasanjo and Yaradua than under Jonathan. I deal with facts and every body including many yorubas know this. Go and look up the executive cabinet of Obasanjo and compare it to Jonathan and Yaradua.

DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF. WAEC, NECO, JAMB CAN'T BE USE TO GAUGE ACADEMIC SUCCESS. THERE'S HIGH LEVEL OF EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE IN EVERY STATE IN NIGERIA.

WHICH TRIBE LEADS IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP? MAJORITY OF STUDENTS IN SOUTH WEST UNIVERSITIES ARE YORUBA? THE YORUBA THERE ARE DOING GREAT.

WHY CAN'T THE IBO IN EASTERN UNIVERSITIES DO THE SAME? SINCE YOU CLAIM IBO IN SOUTH WESTERN UNIVERSITIES ARE THE ONE MAKING THE UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH WEST GREAT.

#DID YOU READ THE NEWS ABOUT HOW YOUR IBO LEADERS WILL MAKE A VISIT TO GEJ WITH 2000 IBO TO THANK HIM FOR GIVING THE IBO SENSE OF BELONGING TO NIGERIA THROUGH HIS APPOINTMENT

8 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by generalissimo(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2014
Paroman: What the phuck is .com? Is that a p0rn site?
Na ogogoro manufacturing site....plus, u fit get some ashawo there too. LWKMD!!! Imagine d site address sef 'yarn' me. U would have sensed how crude and local the site would be

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 14, 2014
checkdate: I Dont Understand.
mtcheew so because of this rubbish you quote the whole thread
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Tbamo(m): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2014
I wouldn't liken the yorubas to the French! Instead I would use the British! They are very welcoming conservative and careful in business! But have a great economy!
Also they know how to channel the energy of foreigners for their own good eg.premier league!

10 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 14, 2014
Dear fellow nairalanders

Help you brother out by voting for my project (Afrique Merchants and Trade Services -AMTS ltd) in the on-going youth competition organised by UNESCO. The top ten voted entrants get invited to present their projects at the Entrepreneurship Summit in Berlin, Germany with the possibility of the winners securing funding and support for their project.

The link to vote for mine is at:

https://www.youth-competition.org/groups/entrepreneurship-competition-2013/contests/2/693

I promise it will take only a minute of your time smiley

Thanks and God bless
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 14, 2014
500GP:

DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF. WAEC, NECO, JAMB CAN'T BE USE TO GAUGE ACADEMIC SUCCESS. THERE'S HIGH LEVEL OF EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE IN EVERY STATE IN NIGERIA.

WHICH TRIBE LEADS IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP? MAJORITY OF STUDENTS IN SOUTH WEST UNIVERSITIES ARE YORUBA? THE YORUBA THERE ARE DOING GREAT.

WHY CAN'T THE IBO IN EASTERN UNIVERSITIES DO THE SAME? SINCE YOU CLAIM IBO IN SOUTH WESTERN UNIVERSITIES ARE THE ONE MAKING THE UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH WEST GREAT.

#DID YOU READ THE NEWS ABOUT HOW YOUR IBO LEADERS WILL MAKE A VISIT TO GEJ WITH 2000 IBO TO THANK HIM FOR GIVING THE IBO SENSE OF BELONGING TO NIGERIA THROUGH HIS APPOINTMENT
I have demonstrated the lunacy of this statement already. Under Obasanjo, Igbo leaders sent not 2000 but 4000 plus Igbos to thank him( a yoruba man who bypassed so-called yoruba intellectuals to appoint igbo intellectuals...can you see how stu$pid you are) and 1000 plus to thank Yara'adua also for appointing the best of the minds in Nigeria to stir this nation in the right direction and they have been doing that. So is nothing new! What else do you have?
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by filiks(m): 11:54am On Jul 14, 2014
Xion:

I am yoruba, and I live in SE Nigeria, I think you should read wider with an open and unbiased mind on the Aburi Accord (before, during, and after).

It's pitiable that Africa doesn't have accurate documentation of its people, their origin, past events etc.

Everything seems biased, fact that a yorubaman proposed the cut in medication and food supplies doesn't mean he sampled the opinion of all yorubas, please don't be quick to forget who spearheaded the 1966 coup, I don't take it to be an Igbo thing.

I feel the seed of hatred sown by the greedy and insecure men of that time is a full grown tree now, so many of our "past national heroes" were nothing but villains and should never be celebrated.

Just my opinion

I am Igbo but I must say that you have a sound mind.

That said, history is always biased. Because people(humans) write history. So emotions come in.

All our so called "past heroes" were only pursuing their personal interests. Apart from "maybe" Ojukwu, who had a large heart(but only large enough to love the Igbos) - considering the fact that he came from wealth but decided to serve - the rest never thought of anyone else but themselves. I still fault Ojukwu though for leading my people to that war, considering the fact that he had accurate knowledge what equipments/weapons available to both Nigeria and Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by ruffcoin09(m): 11:54am On Jul 14, 2014
You must be having problems with ur yoruba landlord in lagos, Mr man pay ur rent.....simple.
tonychristopher: By 2030, Yorubas will become minority in Nigeria and even in South west as Igbos and Hausas have taken over all the business opportunities because the acclaimed native (Yoruba) are NATURALLY very lazy to their bones".

Its always sad when an entire tribe receives insult or their character unearthed due to the insanity of one individual who claimed to be their son, but might be fathered by unknown hired Niger Soldier during the Nigerian - Biafra civil war.

When Lagos was the capital of Nigeria Hausa/Fulani and igbos invested hugely in Lagos city. After the shift of Lagos as capital of Nigeria to Abuja, they took over the economy of Lagos from the British. From onset, Yorubas were only busy dancing Owanbe in the streets of Lagos and Ibadan.

Till date, their lazy bones couldn't allow them invest and assist the boost of Nigeria's economy.

Hausa and Igbos took over South west economy from British not from yorubas and its never by force or with arms but by economic skills and strategies built through progressive business mind. The Simple fact is that, they took over the economy because majority of yorubas are very lazy and few educated ones among them only want a white collor job where they will be accountants or useless lawyer for the Hausa and igbo rich men.

Let us specifically give some of these ignorant Yorubas commons sense analogue and idea about Igbos economic dominance and Hausa business and agricultural progresses.

Igbos did not see Yorubas in Benin republic to dominate the market there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Togo to dominate economy there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Ghana to dominate economy there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Ivory Coast to dominate economy there, eithier did Hausa see Yoruba before dominating Saudi Arabia, Niger and other part of the continent with their agricultural products and trades. Igbos did not see Yorubas in Nairobi Kenya before displacing Indians there to dominate their economy, Igbos did not see Yorubas in China to dominate all the shopping malls at Guangxillu in Guangzhuo China.

Hausa did not see Yoruba before dominating Money Exchange trade and gold businesses. This list may be endless. Igbos and Hausas/Fulani are very hard working Nigerians.

QUESTIONS

In what trade or fields are Yorubas famous?. What are their contribution to Nigeria economically?.

Average yoruba in Lagos state is a street taut or thug. Majority of dirty houses in Lagos are owned, and occupied by Yorubas. Big masions or companies in Lagos were own by Igbos and Hausa.

RESEARCH RESULT by Independent body;

74 percent of investment in Lagos are own by Igbos. 5 percent by Hausa/Fulani, 15 percent by Foreigners(Non-Nigerians), 5 percent by other Nigerians(Non Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba), 1 percent by Yorubas (which include Mike Adenuga).

Igbos and Hausa are not only living in Lagos. Igbos live in the east, in the north. Hausas live in the east, west and north like any igbo. Yorubas are very few in other part of the country. Their laziness never allow them go far. Of course, they can't go to Kano, Port Harcourt or Enugu to do Alaye job.

The problem here is that Igbos migrate more than others and they are been tagged criminals even caught Yoruba criminals most times claim Igbo.

Igbo are followed by Hausa, but Yorubas never migrate like them to have experience and see things for themselves. That's why Hausa and Igbos can make better united Nigeria. Though few Hausas can speak Igbo and Yoruba language, but majority of igbos speaks both Hausa and Yoruba very fluently.

While Yorubas hardly speak both. In some cases, very few yorubas in Military service speaks unclear Hausa language.

The true is the good migration among Nigerians and doing business or trading improves our nationality, unity and languages. It boost our economy too, but Lazy bones don't. They sit tight at home and gossips.

As America, Asia are dominated by Igbos, so as Saudi Arabia is dominated by Hausa, and they are all doing businesses there, and doing them well. They invest every where and in Nigeria.

UK is dominated by lazy Yorubas who do nothing there but claimed schooling while majority are just mere taxi drivers or plate and car washers for Westerner. When they can't feed their families with good job, they go on trafficking cocaine or coming back to Lagos where they will join their brothers on Area boys business collecting money or begging money from Hausa and igbo productive people.

As Hausas are interested in politics, so as Yorubas but the difference is that Hausas still do their businesses and farming; feeding the nation day and night, the Yorubas do nothing but follow politicians up and down and hang in the street of lagos for Agboro job. Their youths are always going around waiting when an Igbo or Hausa will buy Land or build house for them to walk with their lazy bones for what they call "Alaye. Fee". Which is more of begging or silly claim to be owners of the land. Yorubas sell of there lands but leaves inside Lagoon or Canann where water flush them and there families away during raining seasons. They leave most in very smelling dirty places and most times their toilets is inside their cooking pots.

The igbos have left politics since 1967 and now only interested in boosting Nigerians economy with their wealth of experiences in trade, education, technology and science. Since we welcomed Democracy in Nigeria, they have not been politically wise or interested in politics.

If we know the igbos in Education, Trade, business, science and technology, and then know the Hausa/Fulanis in Trade, business, and agriculture, what can we say of the Yorubas? I bet Agboro, Owambe, taxi driver, bus conductors, tax collector and Alaye beggers(Area boys).

Most of my Niger friends who are doing businesses in Lagos complain how these Yoruba tauts disturb them daily. They even sometimes attack some of the Niger boys doing Security works in Lagos. Ahmad from Niger told me how these guys disturbed his other Niger friend selling Suya. They come every evening to eat his Suya forcefully and sometimes beats him if he do complain. He told me that his friend was provoked, then he planned for them one day. One evening these Yoruba boys came with their girl friends, forcefully eating his Suya worth 10,000 naira again, unfortunately, the Suya have been poised with Sleeping drug. So after sitting and eating while shouting, they all slept there, hopelessly till 1am. The four girls where gang Molested severally till 4am by Niger boys who joined their brothers and the five boys were killed. And these Niger boys disappeared from Lagos back to their country.

Later, All Niger and Hausa within that street became target by the friends of these vicitims. Businesses were closed for two weeks in that street because of this and police keep patroling to maintain peace and order.

This is how we are loosing citizens and killing businesses. Yorubas must learn to address tautism, criminality, tribalism, thuggry, and laziness among their people.

NOTE: Not all Yorubas are lazy, down to their bone marrows, some are hard working, sincere and nice, though 90% majority in their huge numbers are very lazy and are touts in all major streets in Nigeria. I have many good Yorubas who are nice people and work in good places.

6 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by ugoezeik(m): 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
iwonbaoko: We definitely DO NOT NEED Ibos for anything.
hahahahahaha guy e be like say U smoke horse poo today. Without we ibos hw do U tink U for be today. In Lagos for example, hw many good house is bn own by ur yoruba. Since U want case dis mng l will giv it to U double!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Mbediogu(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
Politically they dont agree and Nigeria is worse for it. The Yoruba are more sophisticated culturally and politically but the Igbos are on top economically and independently. The Arewa who benefit from this variance and conflict will forever remain the wedge between the two major southern blocs, especially with the religious affinity between the West and North.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by 500GP: 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
new2020:
I have demonstrated the lunacy of this statement already. Under Obasanjo, Igbo leaders sent not 2000 but 4000 plus Igbos to thank him( a yoruba man who bypassed so-called yoruba intellectuals to appoint igbo intellectuals...can you see how stu$pid you are) and 1000 plus to thank Yara'adua also for appointing the best of the minds in Nigeria to stir this nation in the right direction and they have been doing that. So is nothing new! What else do you have?

DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF.

YOUR IBO LEADERS SAID GEJ GAVE THEM THE FEELINGS OF BELONGING TO NIGERIA. THEY SAID:

GEJ APPOINTED AZUBUIKE AS THE HEAD OF NIGERIA ARMY (WHICH HAS NEVER HAPPENED SINCE AFTER THE CIVIL WAR )

HE CONSTRUCTED ENUGU AIRPORT FOR THEM ,THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO TRAVEL OUTSIDE EASTERN REGION BEFORE THEY MAKE INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT.

THIS IS THE LITTLE I CAN REMEMBER OUT OF YOUR IBO LEADERS SAID..

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by guonno: 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
ultrazone: One thing I'm clear about the Igbos is that a lot of them do not understand the Yorubas. Many of them have pre-conceived notions that Yorubas are untrustworthy. Unfortunately, we Yorubas care less. Neither do we have special hatred nor make spiteful judgment about any tribe. We make decisions based on situation per time. This is why other tribes think we are unreliable. It is a principle of no permanent friend, no permanent enemy. A Yoruba man may be laughing or crying but what he will do, he will surely do. Our resolution is unflinching.
THIS MAN HAS SAID IT ALL: THE PRINCIPLE OF NO PERMANENT FRIEND OR ENEMY(THAT'S HOW A TYPICAL TWO-FACED MAN THINK). I USED TO TELL PEOPLE THAT A HAUSA MAN IS BETTER THAN A YORUBA MAN IN TERMS OF RELATIONSHIP.

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by ruffcoin09(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
OP you don chop? do not worry about the yorubas and the igbos, worry about yourself, if you are having problems with your yoruba landlord go and settle with him, pay your rent as soon as possible man....whocares about all the shiiit you wrote here, all fasle though, i'm not in the mood to argue with u, if you can put so much effort in writting this, i believe you can make a story book for the primary school children and make some money kpam get a life.
tonychristopher: By 2030, Yorubas will become minority in Nigeria and even in South west as Igbos and Hausas have taken over all the business opportunities because the acclaimed native (Yoruba) are NATURALLY very lazy to their bones".

Its always sad when an entire tribe receives insult or their character unearthed due to the insanity of one individual who claimed to be their son, but might be fathered by unknown hired Niger Soldier during the Nigerian - Biafra civil war.

When Lagos was the capital of Nigeria Hausa/Fulani and igbos invested hugely in Lagos city. After the shift of Lagos as capital of Nigeria to Abuja, they took over the economy of Lagos from the British. From onset, Yorubas were only busy dancing Owanbe in the streets of Lagos and Ibadan.

Till date, their lazy bones couldn't allow them invest and assist the boost of Nigeria's economy.

Hausa and Igbos took over South west economy from British not from yorubas and its never by force or with arms but by economic skills and strategies built through progressive business mind. The Simple fact is that, they took over the economy because majority of yorubas are very lazy and few educated ones among them only want a white collor job where they will be accountants or useless lawyer for the Hausa and igbo rich men.

Let us specifically give some of these ignorant Yorubas commons sense analogue and idea about Igbos economic dominance and Hausa business and agricultural progresses.

Igbos did not see Yorubas in Benin republic to dominate the market there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Togo to dominate economy there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Ghana to dominate economy there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Ivory Coast to dominate economy there, eithier did Hausa see Yoruba before dominating Saudi Arabia, Niger and other part of the continent with their agricultural products and trades. Igbos did not see Yorubas in Nairobi Kenya before displacing Indians there to dominate their economy, Igbos did not see Yorubas in China to dominate all the shopping malls at Guangxillu in Guangzhuo China.

Hausa did not see Yoruba before dominating Money Exchange trade and gold businesses. This list may be endless. Igbos and Hausas/Fulani are very hard working Nigerians.

QUESTIONS

In what trade or fields are Yorubas famous?. What are their contribution to Nigeria economically?.

Average yoruba in Lagos state is a street taut or thug. Majority of dirty houses in Lagos are owned, and occupied by Yorubas. Big masions or companies in Lagos were own by Igbos and Hausa.

RESEARCH RESULT by Independent body;

74 percent of investment in Lagos are own by Igbos. 5 percent by Hausa/Fulani, 15 percent by Foreigners(Non-Nigerians), 5 percent by other Nigerians(Non Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba), 1 percent by Yorubas (which include Mike Adenuga).

Igbos and Hausa are not only living in Lagos. Igbos live in the east, in the north. Hausas live in the east, west and north like any igbo. Yorubas are very few in other part of the country. Their laziness never allow them go far. Of course, they can't go to Kano, Port Harcourt or Enugu to do Alaye job.

The problem here is that Igbos migrate more than others and they are been tagged criminals even caught Yoruba criminals most times claim Igbo.

Igbo are followed by Hausa, but Yorubas never migrate like them to have experience and see things for themselves. That's why Hausa and Igbos can make better united Nigeria. Though few Hausas can speak Igbo and Yoruba language, but majority of igbos speaks both Hausa and Yoruba very fluently.

While Yorubas hardly speak both. In some cases, very few yorubas in Military service speaks unclear Hausa language.

The true is the good migration among Nigerians and doing business or trading improves our nationality, unity and languages. It boost our economy too, but Lazy bones don't. They sit tight at home and gossips.

As America, Asia are dominated by Igbos, so as Saudi Arabia is dominated by Hausa, and they are all doing businesses there, and doing them well. They invest every where and in Nigeria.

UK is dominated by lazy Yorubas who do nothing there but claimed schooling while majority are just mere taxi drivers or plate and car washers for Westerner. When they can't feed their families with good job, they go on trafficking cocaine or coming back to Lagos where they will join their brothers on Area boys business collecting money or begging money from Hausa and igbo productive people.

As Hausas are interested in politics, so as Yorubas but the difference is that Hausas still do their businesses and farming; feeding the nation day and night, the Yorubas do nothing but follow politicians up and down and hang in the street of lagos for Agboro job. Their youths are always going around waiting when an Igbo or Hausa will buy Land or build house for them to walk with their lazy bones for what they call "Alaye. Fee". Which is more of begging or silly claim to be owners of the land. Yorubas sell of there lands but leaves inside Lagoon or Canann where water flush them and there families away during raining seasons. They leave most in very smelling dirty places and most times their toilets is inside their cooking pots.

The igbos have left politics since 1967 and now only interested in boosting Nigerians economy with their wealth of experiences in trade, education, technology and science. Since we welcomed Democracy in Nigeria, they have not been politically wise or interested in politics.

If we know the igbos in Education, Trade, business, science and technology, and then know the Hausa/Fulanis in Trade, business, and agriculture, what can we say of the Yorubas? I bet Agboro, Owambe, taxi driver, bus conductors, tax collector and Alaye beggers(Area boys).

Most of my Niger friends who are doing businesses in Lagos complain how these Yoruba tauts disturb them daily. They even sometimes attack some of the Niger boys doing Security works in Lagos. Ahmad from Niger told me how these guys disturbed his other Niger friend selling Suya. They come every evening to eat his Suya forcefully and sometimes beats him if he do complain. He told me that his friend was provoked, then he planned for them one day. One evening these Yoruba boys came with their girl friends, forcefully eating his Suya worth 10,000 naira again, unfortunately, the Suya have been poised with Sleeping drug. So after sitting and eating while shouting, they all slept there, hopelessly till 1am. The four girls where gang Molested severally till 4am by Niger boys who joined their brothers and the five boys were killed. And these Niger boys disappeared from Lagos back to their country.

Later, All Niger and Hausa within that street became target by the friends of these vicitims. Businesses were closed for two weeks in that street because of this and police keep patroling to maintain peace and order.

This is how we are loosing citizens and killing businesses. Yorubas must learn to address tautism, criminality, tribalism, thuggry, and laziness among their people.

NOTE: Not all Yorubas are lazy, down to their bone marrows, some are hard working, sincere and nice, though 90% majority in their huge numbers are very lazy and are touts in all major streets in Nigeria. I have many good Yorubas who are nice people and work in good places.

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
guonno: I USED TO TELL PEOPLE THAT A HAUSA MAN IS BETTER THAN A YORUBA MAN IN TERMS OF RELATIONSHIP.
My close Igbo friend also shared the same sentiment. Not until he barely escaped when his Hausa friend came with other Hausas to hack his family to death late in the night during a religious crisis back then in Kaduna. Only two from his family managed to escape.

13 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by holyfather(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
Rilamaka:

Nwanne m, why are you so full of hate. You can't choose the person to fall in love with.

And so if he has 2 million wives? And 700 million children? How am I supposed to know if he doesn't tell me? Am I omnipotent, omnipresent or omniscience?
Is it my fault that I fell in love with a man who decided to lie to me? Am I responsible for his deceitful ways?

Ka m jukwala gi, in your entire life can you swear by Amadioha that you have never lied to or decieved a girl?

Gini ka I na - akodi ihe a?

wait a minute. shocked shocked
Don't tell me that was what actually happened in the said relationship and you're blaming it on distance.
i hope I'm not right but if i was,that's really crappy,sis.

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by waternogetenemy: 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
iwonbaoko: Yes the Ibo man is a villain but he is MINE to abuse and misuse as I like and I am not sharing that right with any Charlie

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Chei

Gay alert... We need to break this country fast.

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by ultrazone(m): 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
guonno: THIS MAN HAS SAID IT ALL: THE PRINCIPLE OF NO PERMANENT FRIEND OR ENEMY(THAT'S HOW A TYPICAL TWO-FACED MAN THINK). I USED TO TELL PEOPLE THAT A HAUSA MAN IS BETTER THAN A YORUBA MAN IN TERMS OF RELATIONSHIP.
Sir, being dishonest is different from taking advantage of situations. Yorubas are deep thinkers. We evaluate the consequences of actions and decisions before taking them. We are not 2-faced. We are not like some tribes that cover up bad deeds among their kindred under the cover of 'my brother.' We tell each other the truth. For instance, most chinese phones are imitations. I won't conclude that an Ibo man is dishonest for producing a fake good. I would only say he is dishonest when he tries to sell it as the original to an unknown buyer especially at the price of the original.

8 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by nnapo: 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
MidaxPhoenix: The hidden truth is that the igbos felt betrayed by the yorubas, the igbos have always seen the yorubas as the brothers across the niger but the civil war changed the course of thinking.

An average Igbo respects a yoruba for his intellectual prowess while the yorubas respect the igbos for entrepreneurial skills... a case of mutual respect and admiration and the igbos felt betrayed by the tribe they respect so much during the civil war..

The yorubas owe the Igbo an apology, and the igbos should learn to move on but our leaders profit from the discord, hence cannot facilitate a true reconciliation..

The two tribes complement each others,

What the igbos lack, the yorubas have in abundance and vice versa so we find it easy to co-habit.

We, yorubas are lazy, rely solely on intellectual skills as ingrained in our culture but the igbos believes in the sweat of hardwork..

The yorubas will say- I no fit do that work o! And the igbos will say - make we try am now.

Yoruba schools to become bureaucrat but the igbos schools to become refined businessmen..

During my nysc in enugu, I was privilege to teach tutorials in advanced calculus, real and numerical analysis in ESUT and IMT, the shout of ''Chike obi'' and awolowo rents the air as I give them the short cuts to solving questions.

Gba be theorem I call it...

All I can do is feel good when we finish lectures and my students give me business cards and telling me to come to their shops in ogbeite..

And igbos marvel at the yorubas mathematical skills....

Enters a store, Nna nyem this, 120, that 235, those 340.

Give him 1000 naira, Nna grabs calculator..

But the market woman in lagos selling wares, she will retort....305 ni change yin.

The igbos don't have time to calculate money, they make it in abundance and leave the yorubas to calculate.

The igbos control the economy, the yorubas regulate it..

Nigeria is truly blessed.

how i wish we can keep seeing articles like this everyday on social networks
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by eminikansoso(m): 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
Blockus: OP,

I find this thread offensive to ndi Igbos. angry

We dont have any relationship whatsoever with the Yorubas. angry

They have proven to be untrust worthy since the beginning of time. They are two faced, back-stabbing and maliciously wicked and have demonstrated it time and time again. Lets not forget that the genocidal aspect of the civil war where food and medical supply were cut off from the East was not suggested by the Northerners but by a Yoruba man. Lets not even forget that there would not have been a war per se if the Yorubas had stuck to their end of the bargain from the Aburi accord held in Ghana.

The Yorubas are not trust worthy at all and thats the root of our problems in Nigeria. Atleast the Hausas have shown us where they stand from the very beginning.

I do however agree with the OPS comparison of the Igbos to the Germans and the Yorubas to the French, seeing as the Germans are innovative and brave at war and the French are cowardly and docile in general.
you don't know anything
pls tell me any area where Yoruba has been coward and i will tell you where you are wrong

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Neatboy(m): 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
The Bible says that wisdom is everywhere knocking on the door of your heart. It takes only a wise man to learn from little things. And he that learns from little things will virtually know everything. Education doesn't equate wisdom. We have alot of educated fellas that are tribal bigots, even the professors from both ends. I have lived with the Yorubas throughout my life. I was born in their soil; I ate their foods and I love their ladies. In fact, my best friend is a yoruba and we've been friends for ten years now. I have also realised that some friends are better than brothers. We shouldn't allow sentiment to erode our sense of judgment. Throughout my stay in Lagos and other Yoruba States I did not experience any xenophobia, racism, tribalism and hate as much as the ones I experienced in Rivers State. In fact, I've decided to make any good person a brother irrespective of where he's coming from, and any bad person an enemy even if he's my kinsman. #Say NO to TRIBALISM.

13 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by 1stola: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
waternogetenemy: OP u are very stewpid for associating igbos with yaribas, we are not twins and will never be. I want to hear more about igbos with better tribes like the ibibios not those saboteur.
INDIARA

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
ugoezeik: hahahahahaha guy e be like say U smoke horse poo today. Without we ibos hw do U tink U for be today. In Lagos for example, hw many good house is bn own by ur yoruba. Since U want case dis mng l will giv it to U double!!!
Igbos will suffer if Nigeria breaks up. - Mike Ahamba.

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
One thing is certain, if Yoruba want to break away, they won't need to even fire a gun shot.

6 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by 1stola: 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
IN AS MUCH AS I DONT TRUST THE EBOHS BECAUSE OF THEIR DUBIOUS WAYS OF LIFE, I WILL STILL CHOOSE THEM OVER HAUSERS ANY DAY AND TIME BECAUSE I CAN PREDICT THEIR ACTIONS. THE LATTER CAN'T BE PREDICTED.

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by oluamid(m): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
Nigerians....... *sigh*

If Nigeria is Europe then we will hold all Germans responsible for the racism of Hitler.

The comparison of Yoruba to France and Igbo to Germany is very wrong.

The writer is merely trying to use our emotions to get us to agree with him by over-generalizing. The relationship between the two tribes is different from the German-French relationship. No two Yoruba men are the same and the same can be said of two Igbo men.

Don't forget, there are other tribes in the country.

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by roxell120(m): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
DONMAYOR19: And who will win? grin grin grin
and who will accept defeat among the two which is d bone of contention.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by larryjayz: 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
guonno: THIS MAN HAS SAID IT ALL: THE PRINCIPLE OF NO PERMANENT FRIEND OR ENEMY(THAT'S HOW A TYPICAL TWO-FACED MAN THINK). I USED TO TELL PEOPLE THAT A HAUSA MAN IS BETTER THAN A YORUBA MAN IN TERMS OF RELATIONSHIP.
Yea we got you, why not pack your luggages and leave Lagos for Borno state?

6 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by meccuno: 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
in the name of the lord,let us stop these comparison....they dont do us any good please...... angry
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by roxell120(m): 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
Neatboy: The Bible says that wisdom is everywhere knocking on the door of your heart. It takes only a wise man to learn from little things. And he that learns from little things will virtually know everything. Education doesn't equate wisdom. We have alot of educated fellas that are tribal bigots, even the professors from both ends. I have lived with the Yorubas throughout my life. I was born in their soil; I ate their foods and I love their ladies. In fact, my best friend is a yoruba and we've been friends for ten years now. I have also realised that some friends are better than brothers. We shouldn't allow sentiment to erode our sense of judgment. Throughout my stay in Lagos and other Yoruba States I did not experience any xenophobia, racism, tribalism and hate as much as the ones I experienced in Rivers State. In fact, I've decided to make any good person a brother irrespective of where he's coming from, and any bad person an enemy even if he's my kinsman. #Say NO to TRIBALISM.
u just fell down from pluto abi.shine ur eyes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.