Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. (66911 Views)

‘Tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba ~ Azuka Onwuka / Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2014
D thing is no matter how much we campaign and try to reduce this inter-tribal wars, the orientation of many won't change. Lots of people keep holding on to past grudges. Very sad.
I still believe in one Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by uzomahowualah(m): 9:45am On Jul 14, 2014
My advice to all the young people here is that they should always give their best. Never be discouraged,never be petty;always remember;others may hate you,but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them,and then you destroy yourself in doing that. Instead of wasting our energy hating why don't we engage in something productive together and see what we can achieve as a people? Mandela once said that you should forgive not for the offender but for your own good that it is only thgen that you get your freedom. The hater is the one in prison even if he thinks he has imprisoned his enemy.

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by chukkystar(m): 9:45am On Jul 14, 2014
MidaxPhoenix: The hidden truth is that the igbos felt betrayed by the yorubas, the igbos have always seen the yorubas as the brothers across the niger but the civil war changed the course of thinking.

An average Igbo respects a yoruba for his intellectual prowess while the yorubas respect the igbos for entrepreneurial skills... a case of mutual respect and admiration and the igbos felt betrayed by the tribe they respect so much during the civil war..

The yorubas owe the Igbo an apology, and the igbos should learn to move on but our leaders profit from the discord, hence cannot facilitate a true reconciliation..

The two tribes complement each others,

What the igbos lack, the yorubas have in abundance and vice versa so we find it easy to co-habit.

We, yorubas are lazy, rely solely on intellectual skills as ingrained in our culture but the igbos believes in the sweat of hardwork..

The yorubas will say- I no fit do that work o! And the igbos will say - make we try am now.

Yoruba schools to become bureaucrat but the igbos schools to become refined businessmen..

During my nysc in enugu, I was privilege to teach tutorials in advanced calculus, real and numerical analysis in ESUT and IMT, the shout of ''Chike obi'' and awolowo rents the air as I give them the short cuts to solving questions.

Gba be theorem I call it...

All I can do is feel good when we finish lectures and my students give me business cards and telling me to come to their shops in ogbeite..

And igbos marvel at the yorubas mathematical skills....

Enters a store, Nna nyem this, 120, that 235, those 340.

Give him 1000 naira, Nna grabs calculator..

But the market woman in lagos selling wares, she will retort....305 ni change yin.

The igbos don't have time to calculate money, they make it in abundance and leave the yorubas to calculate.

The igbos control the economy, the yorubas regulate it..

Nigeria is truly blessed.

God Bless U
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by 500GP: 9:46am On Jul 14, 2014
new2020:

Yoruba brain my foot....old statistics. That's the problem with yoruba people; always using old statistics. The Igbos have overtaken you guys. I'm from Cross River and we(other Nigerian tribes) know this. The Igbos lead in every educational excellence in this Country....NECO, WAEC, even simple COMMON ENTRANCE and highest amount of intellectuals in government. The Igbos intellectuals and technocrats run the government. Obasanjo a yoruba man wasn't stu$pid to surround himself with Igbo intellectuals. Yara'Adua wasn't stu$pid to surround himself with Igbo Intellectuals. Like Jonathan is not stu$pid to surround himself with Igbo intellectuals. Can you explain this? Yorubas are educated in mouth while Igbos are educated in deeds....you see them running things. We Cross Riverians and Akwa Ibomites love our Igbo brothers and sisters, and can't wait for a United Republic soon to happen.

AM NOT IN THE MOOD TO ARGUE WITH YOU

WAEC, NECO,JAMB CAN'T BE USE AS A YARDSTICK TO GAUGE ACADEMIC SUCCESS DUE TO EXAMINATION MALPRACTICES.

DURING OBASANJO REGIME, THERE WERE YORUBA ALSO IN HIS CABINET. IN YARADUA'S REGIME , THERE WERE HAUSA IN HIS CABINET ALSO.

YOUR IBO CHIEFS CONFIRMS THAT IT'S DURING GEJ'S REGIME THAT IBO GETS APPOINTMENT MUCH THAN...... YOUR IBO CHIEFS SAID THAT GEJ GAVE THEM THE FEELINGS THAT THEY BELONG TO NIGERIA...

WHICH TRIBE LEADS IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP?
BEST UNIVERSITIES ARE IN WHICH REGION?

JUST TO MENTION A FEW

8 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by joywendy(f): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2014
itsIYKE: Say NO to inter tribal marriages,yoruba pple should marry themselves...,mke we igbos marry ourselves
i pity you! #smh
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by tonychristopher: 9:47am On Jul 14, 2014
Paroman: Mumu, why won't you concur? You are and have always been nairaland no 1 tribal bigot.

O YOU ARE KNOWING IT TODAY, SO BEEN A PROUD IGBO MAKES ME A BIGOT, SO I SHOULD STAND AND WATCH WHILE THESE OBLONG ALIEN SHAPED HEADS TALK DOWN MY NOBLE TRIBE...I AM JUST TOO IGBOTIC FOR YOU TO ACCEPT...OH , NO APOLOGIES.

YOU CAN FINALLY REST IN PEACE

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by joywendy(f): 9:48am On Jul 14, 2014
ivy21: D thing is no matter how much we campaign and try to reduce this inter-tribal wars, the orientation of many won't change. Lots of people keep holding on to past grudges. Very sad.
I still believe in one Nigeria!
very sad indeed, it doesn't make sense. People don't want to let go.

@op wonderful article!
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by tonychristopher: 9:49am On Jul 14, 2014
500GP:

AM NOT IN THE MOOD TO ARGUE WITH YOU

WAEC, NECO,JAMB CAN'T BE USE AS A YARDSTICK TO GAUGE ACADEMIC SUCCESS DUE TO EXAMINATION MALPRACTICES.

DURING OBASANJO REGIME, THERE WERE YORUBA ALSO IN HIS CABINET. IN YARADUA'S REGIME , THERE WERE HAUSA IN HIS CABINET ALSO.

YOUR IBO CHIEFS CONFIRMS THAT IT'S DURING GEJ'S REGIME THAT IBO GETS APPOINTMENT MUCH THAN...... YOUR IBO CHIEFS SAID THAT GEJ GAVE THEM THE FEELINGS THAT THEY BELONG TO NIGERIA...

WHICH TRIBE LEADS IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP?
BEST UNIVERSITIES ARE IN WHICH REGION?

JUST TO MENTION A FEW

IF WAEC,JAMB,NECO, POST YUME ARE NOT THE YARDSTICKS, MAYBE YOUR PAPA WILL BE YARDSTICK, IGBOS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN SCHOLARSHIP. THEY CAN PAY THEIR KIDS SCHOOL FEES, THEY DONT SIRE LIKE PIGS, LIKE YOUR WOMEN THAT WILL HAVE 4 KIDS FOR FOUR MEN.... SO YOU HAVE SEEN THE ADVANTAGES OF MONOGAMY

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Davidolives(m): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2014
One of the best article have read on nairaland
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by filiks(m): 9:52am On Jul 14, 2014
MidaxPhoenix: The hidden truth is that the igbos felt betrayed by the yorubas, the igbos have always seen the yorubas as the brothers across the niger but the civil war changed the course of thinking.

An average Igbo respects a yoruba for his intellectual prowess while the yorubas respect the igbos for entrepreneurial skills... a case of mutual respect and admiration and the igbos felt betrayed by the tribe they respect so much during the civil war..

The yorubas owe the Igbo an apology, and the igbos should learn to move on but our leaders profit from the discord, hence cannot facilitate a true reconciliation..

The two tribes complement each others,

What the igbos lack, the yorubas have in abundance and vice versa so we find it easy to co-habit.

We, yorubas are lazy, rely solely on intellectual skills as ingrained in our culture but the igbos believes in the sweat of hardwork..

The yorubas will say- I no fit do that work o! And the igbos will say - make we try am now.

Yoruba schools to become bureaucrat but the igbos schools to become refined businessmen..

During my nysc in enugu, I was privilege to teach tutorials in advanced calculus, real and numerical analysis in ESUT and IMT, the shout of ''Chike obi'' and awolowo rents the air as I give them the short cuts to solving questions.

Gba be theorem I call it...

All I can do is feel good when we finish lectures and my students give me business cards and telling me to come to their shops in ogbeite..

And igbos marvel at the yorubas mathematical skills....

Enters a store, Nna nyem this, 120, that 235, those 340.

Give him 1000 naira, Nna grabs calculator..

But the market woman in lagos selling wares, she will retort....305 ni change yin.

The igbos don't have time to calculate money, they make it in abundance and leave the yorubas to calculate.

The igbos control the economy, the yorubas regulate it..

Nigeria is truly blessed.

You have a sound mind sire.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Xion: 9:53am On Jul 14, 2014
Blockus: OP,

I find this thread offensive to ndi Igbos. angry

We dont have any relationship whatsoever with the Yorubas. angry

They have proven to be untrust worthy since the beginning of time. They are two faced, back-stabbing and maliciously wicked and have demonstrated it time and time again. Lets not forget that the genocidal aspect of the civil war where food and medical supply were cut off from the East was not suggested by the Northerners but by a Yoruba man. Lets not even forget that there would not have been a war per se if the Yorubas had stuck to their end of the bargain from the Aburi accord held in Ghana.

The Yorubas are not trust worthy at all and thats the root of our problems in Nigeria. Atleast the Hausas have shown us where they stand from the very beginning.

I am yoruba, and I live in SE Nigeria, I think you should read wider with an open and unbiased mind on the Aburi Accord (before, during, and after).

It's pitiable that Africa doesn't have accurate documentation of its people, their origin, past events etc.

Everything seems biased, fact that a yorubaman proposed the cut in medication and food supplies doesn't mean he sampled the opinion of all yorubas, please don't be quick to forget who spearheaded the 1966 coup, I don't take it to be an Igbo thing.

I feel the seed of hatred sown by the greedy and insecure men of that time is a full grown tree now, so many of our "past national heroes" were nothing but villains and should never be celebrated.

Just my opinion

17 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Harmvirus(f): 9:53am On Jul 14, 2014
Davidolives: One of the best article have read on nairaland
True with no bias
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 14, 2014
tonychristopher:

O YOU ARE KNOWING IT TODAY, SO BEEN A PROUD IGBO MAKES ME A BIGOT, SO I SHOULD STAND AND WATCH WHILE THESE OBLONG ALIEN SHAPED HEADS TALK DOWN MY NOBLE TRIBE...I AM JUST TOO IGBOTIC FOR YOU TO ACCEPT...OH , NO APOLOGIES.

I doubt you know the meaning of the word bigotry. 70% of your post I have read contain tribal slurs. Seems you always get a hard-on when speaking ill of other tribes.

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by ayoJ21(m): 9:55am On Jul 14, 2014
BadBoy25: who has the time to read through all these Long Gibberish ? seeing the Long write up already made me lose interest . you guys need to learn to summarize your post, no one has time to waste .
what is the relationship between Igbo and Yoruba? is it bad or Good ? make it straightforward instead of composing a Novel . Time is Money .

gawd! I feel sorry for u.Even if u did not have tym to read d article, y then must u comment and start displaying ur low 'iq' for d whole wide world to see?

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Cubeet: 9:55am On Jul 14, 2014
We the people of Niger Delta Region (Delta, Bayelsa , cross river,akwa ibom,Rivers) are in full support of our Igbo brothers. Anytime and Any day...........God bless the oil rich Niger Delta

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Shuayb0(m): 9:58am On Jul 14, 2014
Blockus: OP,

They have proven to be untrust worthy since the beginning of time. They are two faced, back-stabbing and maliciously wicked and have demonstrated it time and time again. Lets not forget that the genocidal aspect of the civil war where food and medical supply were cut off from the East was not suggested by the Northerners but by a Yoruba man. Lets not even forget that there would not have been a war per se if the Yorubas had stuck to their end of the bargain from the Aburi accord held in Ghana.

The Yorubas are not trust worthy at all and thats the root of our problems in Nigeria. Atleast the Hausas have shown us where they stand from the very beginning.
Bro lets go down d memory lane. After independence, d igbo guy bcame d head of government, d Yoruba guy was sidelined nd just because he was an opposition, he was charged wth treason nd sentenced 10 years, the igbo guys started d coup, abducting nd killing northern leaders wth some yoruba leaders as well. The hausa guys retaliated wth a counter coup which was partially successful, an igbo guy suggested a Yoruba guy 2 b in power, bt d yoruba guy lookn @ d odds, made a logical and rational decision 2 walk away. During d war, Awolowo discovered dat d food items meant 4 d masses were been hijacked by d biafran soldiers, so he made a logical nd rational decision and dis ended d way, and u guys always call dis betrayal. Sincerely i fink it was d best decision d man cud mk @ dat time, cos u guyz started d whole coup fing.

11 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by chinchong: 10:00am On Jul 14, 2014
see how our youths are planting "apple of discord" that may distroy a whole nation....sorry 4 the future of this country nd al nation in it.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Forwetinnah: 10:00am On Jul 14, 2014
tonychristopher:

Amen!!
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by GVA: 10:01am On Jul 14, 2014
In as much as you all claim there is no discord between the Yoruba and Ibo race, the term "Omo Ibo" and "Ajaokuta ma mu omi"is the most derogatory piece if shot ive ever heard. It is surprising to note that there is no Omo Hausa , Omo Calabar, Omo Edo.
The yorubas are very learned , that i accepted but they are soo cowardly, that is why their young men cant leave their home towns in such of greener pastures. Incase you have not noticed the average ibo man in the west understand yoruba. He makes an effort to understand it, how many Yoruba men have you seen that can speak ibo. The numbers speak for themselves.

Nevertheless, in 2014 some of us are still liberal, which explains why i have sisters married to Yoruba men.

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Engen(m): 10:01am On Jul 14, 2014
ultrazone: One thing I'm clear about the igbos is that a lot of them do not understand the yorubas. Many of them have preconceived notions that yorubas are untrustworthy. Unfortunately, yorubas care less. We do not have special hatred or make judgment about any tribe. We make decisions based on situation per time. That's why other tribes think we are unreliable. It's a principle of no permanent friend or enemy.

By naijablogger
No clashes because From the oyo empire in the 15th century to the glory days of Ibadan in the mid 17th century,from the the kirigi wars to the expansionist Fulani attempts at conquest,we have seen it all and too much blood have been shed in defending every inch of odualands.
We Yorubas do not see the ibos or anybody as competitors.we set our sight higher and at our own pace.
Every man ,woman and child in yorubaland knows what our society used to be like before the British ,before independence and under the western region.
We also know of the present .
There are major philosophical and ideological differences between Yorubas and ibos which only the likes of modern ,forward looking and cosmopolitan people like utomi and Fashola can bridge.on the other hand,which people like bode George ,obanikoro ,chukwumerije and peter obi are willing to exploit as was done in the anambra election .
But the reason why there are no clashes is the reason why we oyo,Benin ,Ibadan had empires and the ibos did not.
We do not see the Igbos as a rival.the clear and present danger is the Federal government regardless of whom the occupier is.Whomever supports that corrupt FG as presently constituted will always be viewed with suspicion .
Another is the ever present danger of the feudalists in the north and the acolytes in the south.
Unfortunately,the power drunk man at the rock is already dancing to their beat and if not careful, could eventually be caught off guard and hand power to the wrong set of people from that part.
Lastly,many of the uches ,chinedus and emekas of today will be totally assimilated into the Yoruba nation in a few generations.their great grandchildren will by then,be bearing full yoruba names and would have lost every single link to alaibo.
These citizens would form a part of the shock troops for the future rise of oyo.
Sorry if you are offended but that is the way empire builders reason and work.

8 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by joywendy(f): 10:03am On Jul 14, 2014
Cubeet: We the people of Niger Delta Region (Delta, Bayelsa , cross river,akwa ibom,Rivers) are in full support of our Igbo brothers. Anytime and Any day...........God bless the oil rich Niger Delta
Amen!the yorubas and the hausas nko?
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 14, 2014
if Yorubas are so brained why is every exam malpractice special center in Benin City so filled with yoruba from ijebu ondo ekiti osun e.t.c writing waec and neco. worst still d. principlal is a yoruba. am so ashamed whenever i see dem speak yoriba. I weep for naija. d number of. ibos not much. u there not say yoruba are intelligent here cos dis new general done bluff men. dis people have become nuisance whenever they come

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by brownsug(f): 10:06am On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=Blockus]OP,

nna ur mind is made up,I wish u luck wiv dat
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by paranorman(m): 10:07am On Jul 14, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the guy above me too much......nice writeup
especially the change part grin
yoruba and igbo competing since the end of civil war

naija would have been better with these two tribes

YORUBA providing the spirituality,adminstration

IGBOS providing economy and strenght

what a country that would have been

funny enough there are moslems in yoruba and igboland but that yet does not affect the unity of these great entities
despite the betrayal the IGBOS feel about the YORUBAS, there is still alot to achieve as a united front

#LONG LIVE IGBO LAND
#LONG LIVE YORUBALAND

#LONG LIVE OHANEZE & ODUDUWA UNITED FRONT

#LONGLIVE NIGERIA minus OUR DESTRUCTIVE BRETHREN

NIGERIA OF MY DREAM
vvvvvvvvvvvv
badt guy.. This ur map ehn, na die.. We still need those people for food o. Can we boast of large scale farmin here in the south?! We too official in this part jare.. Their topograpy and climate suits agriculture kinda.. So we still neeed'em!
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by logica(m): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2014
GVA: but they are soo cowardly, that is why their young men cant leave their home towns in such of greener pastures. Incase you have not noticed the average ibo man in the west understand yoruba. He makes an effort to understand it, how many Yoruba men have you seen that can speak ibo. The numbers speak for themselves.
Your logic betrays your lack of intellect. Now answer this: "Does an American NEED to come to Nigeria in search of greener pastures?"

12 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 14, 2014
tom29reloaded: if Yorubas are so brained why is every exam malpractice special center in Benin City so filled with yoruba from ijebu ondo ekiti osun e.t.c writing waec and neco. worst still d. principlal is a yoruba. am so ashamed whenever i see dem speak yoriba. I weep for naija. d number of. ibos not much. u there not say yoruba are intelligent here cos dis new general done bluff men. dis people have become nuisance whenever they come
What is this mumu saying? The recent National cowbelll mathematics competition was dominated by yorubas and not even one was from Lagos state. The winner a 13 year old kid from 0gun state. That one na exam malpractice ba?

13 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by RebelLeader15(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2014
gratiaeo:
Yes your forefather fall from sky
Some claim he landed with the head and that made him go psycho. This explains the genes that have been transferred to his offsprings like Becomerich, Musiwa and Bkbabe.

Others like Strangerf claim he was let down from the sky with a chain. I tend to beleive this aspect as only criminals and mental patients are likely to be put in chains. This explains why Oduduwa's children always tend to dip their hand in the public till among other crimes; Tafa Balogun, Adenika Grange and Bode George being recent examples.

Yet others claim he was among Lucifer's squad that was cast down from heaven for plotting a cup against the Almighty. Little wonder they have always participated in failed coups. Ask General Diya (the weeping general) or Awo (who committed suicide cos his coup plot was exposed.
Famous Chief Obafemi Awolowo quote that was used to nail the Igbos during the civil war read it here...

Emeka is fair in war, and starvation is one of the weapon of war, I didn't see why we should feed our enemies fat in order for them to fight harder"

Baba Awo, crucified the Igbos since 1968......

11 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 14, 2014
My best friend's name is chukwudi.He calls me Goat,i call him Ram, we also call ourselves mumu.We are veeeeery close.We've known each other for 16years.It's only on nairaland i notice the differences."Ram,if you dey nairaland,i hail o".

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by RebelLeader15(m): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2014
Famous Chief Obafemi Awolowo quote that was used to nail the Igbos during the civil war read it here...

Emeka is fair in war, and starvation is one of the weapon of war, I didn't see why we should feed our enemies fat in order for them to fight harder"

Baba Awo, crucified the Igbos since 1968......
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by chinchong: 10:14am On Jul 14, 2014
[color=#550000][/color]
tom29reloaded: if Yorubas are so brained why is every exam malpractice special center in Benin City so filled with yoruba from ijebu ondo ekiti osun e.t.c writing waec and neco. worst still d. principlal is a yoruba. am so ashamed whenever i see dem speak yoriba. I weep for naija. d number of. ibos not much. u there not say yoruba are intelligent here cos dis new general done bluff men. dis people have become nuisance whenever they come
mediocrity blame while,virtue proffers solutions.

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 14, 2014
GVA: In as much as you all claim there is no discord between the Yoruba and Ibo race, the term "Omo Ibo" and "Ajaokuta ma mu omi"is the most derogatory piece if shot ive ever heard. It is surprising to note that there is no Omo Hausa , Omo Calabar, Omo Edo.
The yorubas are very learned , that i accepted but they are soo cowardly, that is why their young men cant leave their home towns in such of greener pastures. Incase you have not noticed the average ibo man in the west understand yoruba. He makes an effort to understand it, how many Yoruba men have you seen that can speak ibo. The numbers speak for themselves.

Nevertheless, in 2014 some of us are still liberal, which explains why i have sisters married to Yoruba men.
This post easily wins the dumbest comment for the month of July. Why do Yorubas need to learn Igbo when they have nothing doing in an Igbo land. Why do we need to travel to alaigbo when we consider our pasture greener than the one there? You call us offe mmanu, we call you Ajeokuta mamomi. Tit for tat.......so why are you whining?

15 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by san316(m): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2014
Ok. In other news. Ten Igbo men arrested for defrauding a top Nigerian politician in Lagos. Yoruba man arrested for sheeting in his neighbor's plate in the kitchen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival / Different South African Tribes / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.