Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. (66908 Views)

‘Tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba ~ Azuka Onwuka / Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by 500GP: 10:20am On Jul 14, 2014
Paroman: What is this mumu saying? The recent National cowbelll mathematics competition was dominated by yorubas and not even one was from Lagos state. The winner a 13 year old kid from 0gun state. That one na exam malpractice ba?

LEAVE THE Igbos ALONE. THEY THOUGHT WAEC, NECO, JAMB IS A YARDSTICK TO GAUGE ACADEMIC SUCCESS

www.punchng.com/education/again-13-year-old-adegboyega-emerges-cowbell-maths-champion

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by kunmis1(m): 10:21am On Jul 14, 2014
checkdate: I Dont Understand.

y quoting d whole post just to say u don't undastand?

aboki

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by BankuTilapia2: 10:21am On Jul 14, 2014
Which of the tribe is well known for fraud

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Malawian(m): 10:23am On Jul 14, 2014
pls OP, who is the 'tom" and who is the 'jerry' ? i want to know who the rat is. undecided
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by djaxz4sure(m): 10:25am On Jul 14, 2014
I think I have to make something clear to everyone;

There is a big difference between being a trader and being a business owner. A business owner is a great thinker who builds a powerful business that creates opportunities for traders.

An example of a business owner is Seun who created Nairaland; traders are the people that promote other things they do and get contacts on Nairaland.

Other examples are Folurunsho alakija, Rasheed Ladoja, Mike Adenuga, Arisekola Alao and the likes who created great and profitable businesses that have stood the test of time and have enabled people from other tribes and countries to create their so called "businesses" which i call trades

That is what most ibo pipu dont understand; they keep shouting they are hard working pipu- sure they are-; but the fact is that most Yorubas are the ones that create what they work hard on!

If we dont produce, what will you people buy and sell? And if you people dont work hard to distribute and promote what we produce how are we going to remain in business?

In summary, God created us together for a purpose, and that is to help each other. Stop finding faults with other tribes and Nigeria will be a better place to live in.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria

19 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Odunharry(m): 10:25am On Jul 14, 2014
Rilamaka: This post almost brought tears to my eyes as I was once in love with a yoruba corper. Distance played a major factor but we are still very good friends.

I think the good relationship between the Igbos and Yorubas surpasses the bad relationship, because the bad relationship seems to exist solely on social media platform, while Igbo - Yoruba forged relationships are raking in millions everyday, this is evident in our Nigeria entertainment industry.

Only sad, hateful, failed people tend to curse each other out on social media.
God bless

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 14, 2014
Paroman: What is this mumu saying? The recent National cowbelll mathematics competition was dominated by yorubas and not even one was from Lagos state. The winner a 13 year old kid from 0gun state. That one na exam malpractice ba?
keep deluding urself am a half youruba and i don't bend truth. you come and see for urself. oh come in d next external exam OK. come and take opinion if u can't wait . you are an e-goat

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by freshness2020: 10:27am On Jul 14, 2014
DONMAYOR19: u no well bro...I won.. grin
I well Oº°˚˚°ºo. .. ♈όϋ win Jor...
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by RebelLeader15(m): 10:27am On Jul 14, 2014
san316: Ok. In other news. Ten Igbo men arrested for defrauding a top Nigerian politician in Lagos. Yoruba man arrested for sheeting in his neighbor's plate in the kitchen.
fool, "igbos". They enjoyed the reputation of being the wisest fool in the whole universe.....#generation of sacrificial helots

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by koolg: 10:28am On Jul 14, 2014
This thread is supposed to be brought down. Its meaningless because I don't see any hatred apart from the imagination of the dirty mind that conjured this ugly write up.
Why should you weep up sentiments against people?
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by logica(m): 10:28am On Jul 14, 2014
tom29reloaded:
am a half youruba
...half what? LOL. Delusion...deceit (only a f00l succeeds in deceiving himself).

8 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by portable86(f): 10:29am On Jul 14, 2014
fingard02k: Nne Moniker gi a atogbuem
Ekenem gi wink
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by RebelLeader15(m): 10:31am On Jul 14, 2014
Tunguy01: u ar d living proof dat man can live without brain .., incase am goin 4 brain transplant I wuld choose urx cos I will like d 1 dat has Neva been used ..., biko gbe gbogbo enu e si oun !!! ( anumkpam )
you dey answer am, stupid generation of brainless fools, ko si opolo kankan bo se wu ko kere si lori e #oloshi akidanidani

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2014
tom29reloaded:
keep deluding urself am a half youruba and i don't bend truth. you come and see for urself. oh come in d next external exam OK. come and take opinion if u can't wait . you are an e-goat
Mor0n, who gives a phuck if you are half-chinese? You are just another dim-witted low IQ e-diot. Exam malpractice is very common across all parts of the country, it isn't peculiar to a particular tribe. Mor0n, I served in Ebonyi state (an igbo land) and the level of exam cheating in that state will make even the devil weep.

10 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by RebelLeader15(m): 10:35am On Jul 14, 2014
BankuTilapia2: Which of the tribe is well known for fraud
igbos......the pest and diseases we have in Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 14, 2014
I personally don't have any problem with the yoruba set, I don't even have problem with any set, the only thing is - I have lived amongst the yoruba people , i speak, i write to a reasonable extent, i even watch dia movies - so I can boldly say i gat love for them. My best friend is yoruba, she was even my Chief bridesmaid and she came all d way from Lag to d east for my wedding, she ended up being more active than all my igbo friends put together. You need to see the smile on my face when i stumble on a corp member who happens to be a yoruba, i just av dis instinct to help the person immediately. If every1 were like me, this tribal ish would be so dead by now. I am very sure if i had my uni edu in the West, i would have settled with a yoruba man sef...no time abeg.

18 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 14, 2014
Instead of making noise about how good you are at business please name one business,JUST ONE in Nigeria that the IBO is known for all you will hear is Slok INNOSON,Coscharis and other rubbish that no one feels the impact of in Nigeriaor buying and selling. They keep telling you Onitsha market is the largest in the Milky Way and other vainglorious bullcrap
NO manufacturing no innovation and definitely NOTHING on the stock exchange. It is all about going to China and Taiwan to load containers of fake parts and toxic drugs
Let me tell you about real businessmen Like Seun Osewa and Femi Otedola and Mike Adenuga or Chief Obagun of Onward Press

What does the IBO MAN PRODUCE IN NIGERIA apart from counterfeit things.
There is just one word to describe Ibo busines : PERIPHERAL.

14 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by logica(m): 10:41am On Jul 14, 2014
RebelLeader15: igbos......the pest and diseases we have in Nigeria
That's a bit extreme.

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by logica(m): 10:41am On Jul 14, 2014
Cubeet: Which of the tribe is well known for Ritual killings and Selling Human parts?
The answer is Yoruba.
I get the joke. grin Oh wait...you are serious?

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by unapologetic: 10:41am On Jul 14, 2014
I freakn hate Tribal threads....... I see my ibo and hausa brothers as a family. most of my family friends are Ibo... we always look beyond tribe but all this meaningless tribal posts and comments are sending the wrong message to my brain.

You guys should go get a life than sitting on Nairaland, posting and commenting rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by mainman7(m): 10:43am On Jul 14, 2014
These diametrically demented cacophonous toilet tissues called igbos always ululating about the Great Yorubas. Nya miri Gwongworos! Ojukwu, your acclaimed igbo lord and the greatest igbo of all time was a coward just like every other igbo and he took to his heels dressed as a female (What an height of cowardice!). The fact that igbos are fools is highly substantiated and corroborated by the fact that someone that deceived millions of igbos into being slaughtered like chickens in Biafran war (who himself ran away dressed like a woman) was being celebrated when he came back. Also during Abacha regime of tyranny, coward Ojukwu kept his mouth shut throughout. He only found his voice again when OBJ became the president. Before they left, the Colonial British Army rightly observed, that the Yorubas are the most militarily intelligent in Nigeria, especially when it comes to developing disastrously destructive military strategies. "Brain is better than brawn" Biafra was actually initially winning the war (igbos read your own history) until the Great Awolowo(a typical Yoruba Man), the ununiformed General, stepped in on the side of Nigeria and came up with the intelligent military strategy that gave Nigeria Victory over Biafra. "In warfare it's all fair". You know that Hausas only hear go! Just give the military order, they'll carry it out to the letter. Even long after Biafra had surrendered, the killing of igbos continued untill Awolowo, the greatest Nigerian Generalissimo of all time, intervened again and told the Military to allow the remaining igbos to be alive. So, you senseless igbo mofos still have the to thank the Yorubas today, understand?! "Next time you see a Yoruba man, duff your hat and bow before him!"

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Tunguy01(m): 10:44am On Jul 14, 2014
RebelLeader15: you dey answer am, stupid generation of brainless fools, ko si opolo kankan bo se wu ko kere si lori e #oloshi akidanidani
baba wetin nw ..., abeg he don do b4 person go take head knack wall ooo

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by vanstanzy(m): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2014
Blockus: OP,

I find this thread offensive to ndi Igbos. angry

We dont have any relationship whatsoever with the Yorubas. angry

They have proven to be untrust worthy since the beginning of time. They are two faced, back-stabbing and maliciously wicked and have demonstrated it time and time again. Lets not forget that the genocidal aspect of the civil war where food and medical supply were cut off from the East was not suggested by the Northerners but by a Yoruba man. Lets not even forget that there would not have been a war per se if the Yorubas had stuck to their end of the bargain from the Aburi accord held in Ghana.

The Yorubas are not trust worthy at all and thats the root of our problems in Nigeria. Atleast the Hausas have shown us where they stand from the very beginning.

I do however agree with the OPS comparison of the Igbos to the Germans and the Yorubas to the French, seeing as the Germans are innovative and brave at war and the French are cowardly and docile in general.
These are the type of tribal bigots spoken about. My Igbo bros, thats if u r one, sheath ur sword, its all in the past.

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 14, 2014
Kachisbarbie: I personally don't have any problem with the yoruba set, I don't even have problem with any set, the only thing is - I have lived amongst the yoruba people , i speak, i write to a reasonable extent, i even watch dia movies - so I can boldly say i gat love for them. My best friend is yoruba, she was even my Chief bridesmaid and she came all d way from Lag to d east for my wedding, she ended up being more active than all my igbo friends put together. You need to see the smile on my face when i stumble on a corp member who happens to be a yoruba, i just av dis instinct to help the person immediately. If every1 were like me, this tribal ish would be so dead by now. I am very sure if i had my uni edu in the West, i would have settled with a yoruba man sef...no time abeg.
God bless you small Mrs cheesy. We youth should be preaching peace not Fueling discord and hatred as it is obvious here..
How far na? I been don dey fear say the nairaland attack go done wipe your account out. So you still dey alive? grin

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 14, 2014
iwonbaoko: So wat happened at GEJ scholarship examination recently ??

http://www.nuc.edu.ng/nucsite/File/PRESSID%20Final%20List2.htm

http://www.nuc.edu.ng/nucsite/File/Monday%20Bulletin/MB%202014/PRESSID%20Final%20List-ADVERT%202014.pdf

2 YEARS !!! ABI NA FLUKE??
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by vanstanzy(m): 10:48am On Jul 14, 2014
mainman7: These diametrically demented cacophonous toilet tissues called igbos always ululating about the Great Yorubas. Nya miri Gwongworos! Ojukwu, your acclaimed igbo lord and the greatest igbo of all time was a coward just like every other igbo and[b] he took to his heels dressed as a female (What an height of cowardice!). The fact that igbos are fools is highly substantiated and corroborated by the fact that someone that deceived millions of igbos into being slaughtered like chickens in Biafran war (who himself ran away dressed like a woman) was being celebrated when he came back. Also during Abacha regime of tyranny, coward Ojukwu kept his mouth shut throughout. He only found his voice again when OBJ became the president. Before they left, the Colonial British Army rightly observed, before they left, that the Yorubas are the most militarily intelligent in Nigeria, especially when it comes to developing disastrously destructive military strategies. "Brain is better than brawn" Biafra was actually initially winning the war (igbos read your own history) until the Great Awolowo, the ununiformed General (a typical Yoruba man) stepped in on the side of Nigeria, came up with the intelligent military strategy that gave Nigeria Victory over Biafra. "In warfare it's all fair". You know that Hausas only hear go! Just give the military order, they'll carry it out to the letter. Even long after Biafra had surrendered, the killing of igbos continued untill Awolowo, the greatest Nigerian Generalissimo of all time, intervened again and told the Military to allow the remaining igbos to be alive. So, you senseless igbo mofos still have the to thank the Yorubas today, understand?! "Next time you see a Yoruba man, duff your hat and bow before him!"

Google "the story of Nigeria", watch it& strive to be informed.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Standard007(m): 10:50am On Jul 14, 2014
Damyion: Nwosu, gbe enu re soun joor!

wetin?!!!
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Vivipop(f): 10:50am On Jul 14, 2014
This is one of the best articles I've ever read on this forum in a very long time. #SayNoToTribalism#
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by kingthreat(m): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2014
gratiaeo:
Roman empire fall and rebuild. When are Yorobo going to reclaim and rebuild Oyo empire?
Ilorin is still under occupation remember.

We had an empire that spanned centuries. Igbos had nothing. No empire, no civilization. If not for the white man that set boundaries, iboland would have been absorbed by the Fulani empire.

8 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Engen(m): 10:55am On Jul 14, 2014
BankuTilapia2: Which of the tribe is well known for fraud

Honestly...dis guy what the hell is your problem...can't you just stay out of people's matter.. Is there no platform for Ghanians... Well I don't blame you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival / Different South African Tribes / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.